Statistics

289,862 members
172,426 posts
  • New
    zigson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-05

Hello
    there is an important bug in Firmware V4.03 and V4.04 when using an extension card DN-32-WSG; the sound saturates and the gain is changed...

in fact the thing is not more usable !!!!!
    no problem in V4.02 (I just returned to that Firmware and have no more worries )

so I hope they will fix it as soon as possile !
    thanks and cheers

read more...
    0 782
    • zigson
      Paul_Vannatto I don't have that card to validate. But I have reported this issue to the beta testers team.
      • December 5, 2020
    • zigson
      zigson Thanks Paul
      I forgot to specify : the the card is running under SG Firmware V9; as I use it with MultiRack-Soundgrid (which is not compatible with SG V11 software)
      but as I said : all is fine until Midas software V4.02….. the two software who came after were bugged ! and its a heavy bug so that the card becomes completely useless (=distortions and artefacts !!)
      • December 5, 2020
    • zigson
      zigson Hello
      are there some news about this important bug out there ?? for most of the postings on this Forum I see MusicTribe-People responding; but no official answer to my post here!
      this is an important bug and the DN32-WSG-card is no more usable with Console-Firmware V4.3 and V4.4….
      something happened in the code between Firmware V4.2 and 4.3 that makes the card unusable
      when does Musictribe fix that ugly bug ?? are the users condemned to stay with console Firmware 4.2 ???
      (note: I use the card with Driver V9 and Waves MultiRack-SG V9.80; but same bug again also with Waves SoundGrid-Studio and SoundGrid Driver !! )
      • January 8, 2021
    • zigson
      florianherm Hey, I am having a similar problem by using the X-WSG card. We are getting some serious clicks and cracks from our Waves Card Channels. Its really messed up. We had to downgrade the X32. Would also be cool to have some older firmware versions available on the Behringer website :D

Please give us a status update on fixing that bug :)
      • January 13, 2021
    • zigson
      zigson hello all there
      I have some marvelous news; Musictribe seems not to be willing to answer, I finally contacted directly Waves and they answered instantly and gave me the right solution :

Here is what the Waves Support-Team wrote to me :
      >>>>>>>
      We are aware of this issue and this is not a bug but a compatibility issue between the new firmware of the console and V9 SoundGrid applications.
      As an alternative you can consider switching to SuperRack application, which works fine with the new firmware.
      Let me know if any further information or assistance is required.

which means : spend another 600 bugs and you’ll be fine !!!
      its just a shame !! and its sad, sad, sad…..
      • January 13, 2021
  • New
    balky
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-27

Here what I noticed.

If  you have say several channel in DCA group and press MUTE on DCA, the mute buttons on controlled channels blink.

You expect the same behavior when SOLO on DCA is pressed... NOPE.  It only lights up on DCA.  

Also, when you MUTE DCA GROUP and solo it, you cannot hear anything UNLESS you disable MUTE SYSTEM  "DCA Groups" in CONFIGURTATION.  and the flaw of doing so is that now you cannot see if the channels are muted.  MUTE is lit only on DCA channel.

Quite weird behavior.  NOt sure if it has been this way always, but thois is how it is now.

read more...
    0 742
    • balky
      GaryHiggins Mute System settings

I believe the following to be true…

Hard Mute:

If the Hard Mute box is checked: If you mute an input ch when the hard mute box is checked, that ch can only be unmuted by the same main ch section mute button. If you mute an input ch and that ch is also part of a mute group, unmuting by the mute group button it belongs to WILL NOT override the actual ch mute itself. The muted input ch remains muted everywhere it's used, mixer wide.

If the hard mute box is unchecked:
      If you mute an input ch, and that ch is also part of a mute group, you can then mute and unmute that ch with the mute group button even if you muted the actual input ch itself as a separate process, an individually muted input ch will follow the mute group mute/unmute action.

DCA Mute:

If the DCA mute box is checked:
      It mutes every ch that's part of the DCA group-both at the input ch and at the bus, it's the 'hard mute' of dca world. All ch's that are part of that DCA will be muted everywhere mixer wide if the DCA mute button is engaged.

With the DCA mute box unchecked:
      If an input ch belongs to a DCA group, and the DCA is muted, ONLY the sends to mains are muted NOT the bus sends. This is the setting to use to allow monitors to remain active while FOH ch's remain muted. It's the 'soft mute' of DCA world.
      • June 27, 2021
    • balky
      balky Gary, thanks. HARD mute works with mute groups only. I am not using any. And DCA mute works great. My question is 95% about DCA vs SOLO. Pressing solo on any channel when it is MUTE, lets you hear the channel. When you press SOLO on dca group, you cannot hear anything if the same dca group is muted. But if you uncheck DCA MUTE in configuration, then solo works as expected even if pressed on muted DCA. But the trade off is - pressing mute on DCA does not blink all mute channels.
      • June 27, 2021
  • New
    lp11
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-14

I am attempting to record a speaker via thumb drive through the M32, but I am having trouble with recording the whole session. I learned I didn't have the usb formatted to FAT, so I took care of that and the problem was solved short-term, but it started doing the same thing as before. At some point during the speaker's sessions, the system will just stop recording on its own and when I look at the file, it says there is no data on it and it was created December 31st, 1969 at 7pm. I have over 100 free gigs on the usb, so storage isn't an issue and I'm hesitant to say the issue is the size of the recording since the time it shuts off varies and I have the usb properly formatted. 

Any ideas and help would be greatly appredciated. 

Thank you!

read more...
    0 681
    • lp11
      Paul_Vannatto The date/time issue of the file is because the date/time on the M32 is not set. The best way to do that is by using the M32-Edit. Go to Setup, Mixer, bottom right corner - press Sync Mixer button. If the M32 doesn't keep the time, select the OnConnect checkbox.

If you have 100+Gb free on the USB stick, it means that you are using a 128Gb or bigger. I would suggest using a 32Gb or smaller formatted to FAT32 (since that size is the official max size). With a 32Gb USB stick, you should have room for about 40 hours of recording time available.
      • June 14, 2021
    • lp11
      DavidKnighton Hello Ip11,
      Check the time/date on the mixer to start. Generally speaking, if the recording shows anything but the actual time/date, then there may be a problem with the system battery. As for recordings, I would forego a large thumb drive in place of a smaller one. 32GB should be more than sufficient for any recording. The FAT32 format will store files up to 2GB (roughly 2 hours of record time) before creating a new file automatically. I would suggest that whatever thumb drive you're using is probably not up to the task. I recommend using the Patriot Supersonic XT 32GB thumb drive. I've tested these in many scenarios, and have recorded upwards of 30 hours overnight without issue.
      • June 14, 2021
  • New
    nickbindt1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-08

Hi!

as a long time Pro user of Midas consoles it's a shame that even after apple is already at OS X Big Sur, Midas does not have a solid solution for the Offline Editor, the only solution there giving is don't update your computer......

So please Midas wake up and support your Pro users!

read more...
    0 648
  • genesisaudiopro
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-09
    Few months ago i buy a mixer from someone on ebay, he state that the board was a unit return from midas, i use it on my home studio and wasworkinggreat but 3 weeks after start to have some problems, suddenly start to make a pop sound and all the input meters star to go crazy and all the. Output reproduce the same pop sound even after disconnecting everything from the board, i have to turn off to make the problem go away but after couple times is just making the sound. Does anyone having this problem.
    read more...
    0 640
    • genesisaudiopro
      genesisaudiopro I get the board from individual seller on ebay, what i notice is that the box have a rma number on it wich tell me that the board was send out sometime before. I took the board to a local service center and they is a psu problem but they have that board for a almost 2 months now and still waiting from them to call me back.
      • July 9, 2020
    • genesisaudiopro
      DavidKnighton Hi Manuel. I would recommend retrieving the console from the 3rd party service center and sending to Music Tribe Las Vegas for service. They will be able to turn your repair around within a week or two. The only caveat is that the console was purchased 2nd hand, so there is no warranty. You can still have the console repaired, but they will assess a fee. You'll want to navigate to the support tab on the community page and submit a request for service. Someone should be able to get you an RMA.
      • July 9, 2020
    • genesisaudiopro
      DavidKnighton Hello Manual. If the PSU is dropping out, then it will cause pops. There could be an issue with the input board as well. Did you buy the console from MusicFactoryStore or Music Tribe US eBay store?
      • July 9, 2020
    • genesisaudiopro
      ChrisMoyles

As of 5/28/21 -Just an FYI that this is a power supply issue and one of our m32s has been out of commission for more than two months due to a delayed, then botched repair by MusicTribe Las Vegas. There are currently no replacement units available to trade out and replacement power supplies are in short supply. The unit just went back in and Music Tribe promises it will be a couple day turn around. They ate the shipping on this go-round, which amounts to $150 or so. I also called the parts department and backordered an extra power supply. Be wary. I had hopes for Midas retaining some of it's previously stellar customer service, but it looks like MusicTribe/behringer customer service has...well, behringer quality levels.

• May 28, 2021
  • New
    keithbaumann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-08

I have read certain brands of USB thumb drives work better than others for recording from the consoles front usb port. Anybody have  some advice? Also can I go larger than 32 GB for the capacity? Thanks in advance.

0 566
  • New
    Shanog5050
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-25

Let's talk HD96

when is the New program for the iPad coming out since it was a sailing demo for the console

0 497
    • Shanog5050
      Nigel67 Hi, the OE for windows and Mac is scheduled for availability in the next month or so and that we will work on getting the iPAD apps to the users as quick as possible but due to the several strict lockdowns, developing certain aspects which require physical hardware has been very tough.
      • March 25, 2021
    • Shanog5050
      steakikan

Does the editor support mixing from PC? Or it is only offline editor?

• May 3, 2021
  • New
    natmoo97
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-15

Hi folks, I'm looking for some knowledge into an issue I am having. For some background knowledge I run wired in ear setup and my musicians are running the M32-Q app. I have sent 6 of my bus mixes through the aux outs and a few other through the XLR outputs to get to the inear amps on the stage. My problem is that many of my bus faders are not working, the volume sent from a channel to the mix bus is all I seem to be able to control, the mix bus fader moves up and down but it doesn't change my output volume, and of course this is a serious issue as with in ears you want to make sure that musicians can turn down their overall volume to not do damage to there ears. I have updated to the latest firmware for you knowledge and I have used the board for three years and have read through the manual three or four times so I do understand routing and all the parameters but I have exhausted all my trouble shooting techniques. Love to hear if somebody knows how to fix this! Or any troubleshooting ideas!  

read more...
    0 451
    • natmoo97
      Paul_Vannatto In the Routing, Aux Out (and where you have assigned the mixbuses to the XLR out - probably the Out 1-16 ) screen, change the taps to post fader (in relation to the mixbus master fader).
      • April 15, 2021
      • Midas M32 Bus fader issue
        natmoo97 Hi Paul, Thanks so much for the reply. Just an additional question for you as I seemed to be getting bogged down in the routing details just a little. How does one set what the preference for the channels being sent to the bus are (wanting post EQ but before the fader of the channel as most do), versus what you have suggested as the way to route the mixbus master fader. I seem to be mixing up the two places to make this routing setting proper and just want to hammer that out so I don't run into this again! Again thanks so much for your reply, it is greatly appreciated.
        • April 15, 2021
        Paul_Vannatto The other sends are channel sends to the mixbuses. Those taps (found in the channel strip's Sends screen) are in relation to the channel strips faders. The other that I mentioned above (Routing, Aux Out, Out 1-16 and Ultranet screens) are in relation to the master faders of the buses (including Main LR, Main M/C, matrixes, mixbuses, etc.).
        • April 15, 2021
        natmoo97 Makes perfect sense thanks Paul!
        • April 15, 2021
  • New
    GregWarren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-03-30

Hello,

I have a M32C and I was wanting to be able to control it with a touchscreen monitor by way of the Midas M32 edit software. I'm wanting a large monitor and not an iPad. Possible? And if so, any leads on how to do it? 

TIA

read more...
    0 407
  • GeorgeKoleve
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-10
    Hey guys! Anyone have a clue when Midas is going to release compatible offline editors on the PRO series for macOS Catalina? I've got some shows coming in a while and i can't create my show files. Thanks!
    1 377
    • GeorgeKoleve
      Dale_M I am afraid there are no plans to create OLE for catalina as it is 64bit
      • July 10, 2020
    • GeorgeKoleve
      GeorgeKoleve It is a bit odd to have OLE for M32 and X32 but not for the PRO series... I can't understand it. Is there any good reason not to do it???
      • July 10, 2020
    • GeorgeKoleve
      Dale_M The M32 edit and Offline editor are for two very different software platforms and are not related to each other. The PRO series OLE was built on 32bit and would require as massive resource to rebuild to be usable on 64bit.
      • July 10, 2020
    • GeorgeKoleve
      GeorgeKoleve Ok understood! But come on.. It's 2020.. And this is a product for professional use. They must have our backs covered at anytime. Anyway i emailed them and i hope they answer and better off i hope they come up with a solution. Frankly i really like the pro series console due to ease of use and in terms of sound quality. But not being able to create my file pre show is quite a problem for me. Hope they make it!
      • July 10, 2020
    • GeorgeKoleve
      GeorgeDougherty Could you run parallels and the Windows editor?
      • July 27, 2020
Go to page