Statistics

298,886 members
182,566 posts
  • New
    kenspi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-16

We would like to connect a pair of stage boxes to the M32 in a house of worship. Ideally it would be one DL32 and one DL16.

My intention is to have the DL32 backstage to handle all of our FOH outputs as well as our stage monitors and IEMs, plus the inputs from wireless mic receivers also installed backstage.  The DL16 would be on the stage to handle inputs from drums and other instruments, plus utilize the Ultranet connection for personal monitor mixers.  The stage boxes would have a connection to the M32's AES50 A & B jacks.  Are there any limitations on this setup, such as total usable inputs/outputs? Are there any benefits or down-sides to connecting each to a different AES50 bus?

read more...
    0 26
    • kenspi
      Nigel67 Hi kenspi. AES50 at 48K allows 48 channels bi-directionally so there would be no limitations at all connecting a DL16 and DL32 in series with each other. The only reason that I can think of for connecting the DL16 to AES50 A and DL32 to AES50 B on the M32Live would purely be for the possibility of damage occurring to the AES50 cable between the DL16 which is on stage and the DL32 which is backstage. What I am trying to say is that is may be easier to route the cable direct from the M32 to the DL32 than go from the DL16 to DL32. Apart from that, except for the physical routing in the patching page of the M32, either way is identical.
      • May 15
  • New
    Albertvinzenz01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-12

Hallo 

Midas bootet nicht mehr hoch.

Nach dem Einschalten gibt es eine Schleife. Hochfahren bis zu einem gewissen Punkt

Dann wieder down - wieder hoch usw... Schleife.

Wer kann helfen ?

Albertvinzenz01

read more...
    0 26
    • Albertvinzenz01
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. It sounds like it could be a failure, please contact us directly by clicking on Support and then Care/Service.
      • October 12, 2021
  • New
    DamienKyle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-29

What does 'Cable Red' refer to in the drop down menu for DL stageboxes in the Pro series Config tab? 

0 25
    • DamienKyle
      Dale_M Hi there, it simply means "redundant" (back up)
      • August 30, 2021
    • DamienKyle
      DamienKyle Thought as much, thanks Dale. Why isn’t ‘C’ on the DL251 labelled Cable Red? I’m assuming ‘A’ = ch. 1-24 + outs 1-16, B= ch. 25-48?
      • August 30, 2021
      • Cable Red
        DavidKnighton probably because a DL251 has 3 ports, and users might consider port B to be Cable Red by mistake. Most if not all stageboxes that only offer up to 24 channels will only have a single port and a redundant port, 2 ports in total, so it's far less likely users will make a mistake when configuring their system with those stageboxes. I believe DL351, which has 4 ports, is similarly labelled as the DL251.
        • August 31, 2021
  • New
    SoPro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-20

I'm specifying a system for a boat that has performers on its deck while they go on local sightseeing excursions or private parties. It would seem ideal to use an M32C in a rack below decks with a DL16 that could plug into either of 2 ethercon jacks at the 2 designated "stage" areas.  Problem is that they'll need main outputs at the rack to feed amplifier(s) and should be able to use a background music source at the rack, too.

Unfortunately, the M32C itself has absolutely no analog I/O except for a pair of aux outs intended for IEMs (I think.)  I don't see a way to directly feed it a BGM source or to connect main outs to rack mounted amp(s).

Can we add a DN4888 I/O at rack and is it compatible to be used simultaneously with the stage DL16?  Can the DL16 and the DN4888 simply connect to the 2 rear ethercon jacks of the M32C?

Thanks

Randy

read more...
    0 25
    • SoPro
      Paul_Vannatto The DN4888 is a StageConnect stagebox which will not work with the M32 (or X32), since those consoles do not have a StageConnect port. It would be better to either get a Behringer SD8 to use with the M32C or get an X32 Rack instead of the M32C and a stagebox.
      • Jul 20
    • SoPro
      theog1989

The DN48 series of hardware feature Ultranet, which is compatible with the M32/X32.

• Aug 18
  • New
    jjfredrick
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

My church has a Midas M32 connected to a DL32 stage box via AES50A with the HUB4 (with 4 DP48s connected) connected via AES50B.  While the AES50A routing works great, I'm finding the routing for AES50B defaults back to the factory default even on saved scenes (with no recall safes enabled).  Nearly every time I power-on the board and recall a saved scene, I need to reset the routing on the AES50B tab.

Has anyone else experienced this...is there something I need to do to ensure this routing stays intact?

read more...
    0 25
    • jjfredrick
      Paul_Vannatto Check to make sure there are no safes enabled that would inhibit the AES50 B routing when loading the scenes. I can assure you that both A and B AES50 routing are saved in scenes. If you want to verify that, export your scene to a file and look at it with a text editor. Line 20 will be the AES50 B settings.
      • Jan 15
    • jjfredrick
      LisaHopper

Can either of you explain to me how to route AES50B for sending audio to my DN9650? I'm receiving audio through AES50A from my DL251 stage box, but not sure if I've got AES50B patched correctly to DN9650.

• Feb 24
  • New
    an2nyrobles
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-29

Hi Guys!

this is my first post here.

I would like to ask if how long midas service center can repair/replace parts? 

1. Just serviced my m32 today and they dont know when the mcu will be available. 

2. One friend is currently waiting for m32 mcu replacement for 2 months

3. other friend is waiting for months as well for Dl32 repair. 

December is the most awaited months in 1 year to make profit but our equipment is not yet ready and waiting for repair. 

Thank you in advance!

Anthony

read more...
    0 24
    • an2nyrobles
      Midas12 Good luck buddy. Service has had my Midas Verona since April of this year. I have not gotten a single reply from Esteban the service manager in over 7 months. I've opened case after case. I also have several other units that need repair too.
      • November 30, 2021
  • New
    shu2900
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-17
    0 24
  • New
    Bleach88
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-23

Im trying to program the console so I can control wireless mics using DCAs that change between scenes.

I want the name/icon to change, but the faders to stay the same after the scene change. Is there any way to do this?

I have it now so that the names can change, but the faders also change. If I select the DCAs in the Chan Safe screen, it locks in everything. It seems I  can either have nothing safe, or everything safe. 

any advice would be much appreciated!

read more...
    1 24
    • Bleach88
      KevinMaxwell You will need an external program like this one. http://jamesholt.audio/x32tc/ I don't know too much about it.

I use Palladium from https://www.chsounddesign.com/ I am not a part of either of them. But I did write some of the mixer files or part of them over the years. I wrote part of the M32/X32 mixer files for Palladium so you will see my name on those files. the mixer file for Palladium can be setup to do exactly what you want to do. it isn't a free program But it is very powerful. There is a 30day free trial that can be downloaded.

If you are in the USA I can even help you by phone to get you set up and working.
      • Jun 23
  • New
    pretengineer
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-04-05

I am trying to access the local outputs on the M32r discretly from the outputs of the DL16. I am having trouble distinguishing the two. How do I patch my first 4 outputs of the DL16 to mix bus 1-4 and then patch the Local M32r outputs 1 and 2 to mix bus 11 and 12? 

read more...
    0 24
    • pretengineer
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. To assign signals to your XLR Outputs on the M32R use the ROUTING>XLR menu, to assign outputs to the DL16 use the ROUTING>AES50A/A menu (depending on which port is connected to the DL16). In either menu you can assign "Outputs" 1-8 and "Outputs" 9-16. I'd start by assigning Output 1-8 to AES50 Outputs 1-8, and then Output 9-12 and Output 13-16 to XLR 1-4 and 5-8. Then open the ROUTING>OUT menu, this is where you can individually assign what each "Output" is. So assign Mix bus 1-4 to Outputs 1-4, and Mix Bus 11 and 12 to Outputs 9-10.
      • Apr 5
  • New
    Tykeys2006
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-22

Need help with trying to route

0 24
    • Tykeys2006
      Paul_Vannatto Need more info before we can help you. What do you want routed to where?
      • Apr 22
    • Tykeys2006
      Tykeys2006

I have a m32 r I’m trying to connect to a stage box sd8 connections to speakers for left and right out puts a stage montior and two other stage keyboard bass and two over head drum mics not able to get signal from keyboard nor I’m I able to get sound out of speakers

• Apr 22
    • Tykeys2006
      Paul_Vannatto Assuming you are using the AES50 A port (on the back of the M32R) to connect to the SD8, go to the Routing, Inputs screen and assign AES50 A1-8 to the first block of 8. Then to route the outputs, first go to the Routing, Out 1-16 screen and assign the monitor bus (eg. bus 1) and the Main L and R to 3 of the outputs (eg. Output 1 -> mixbus 1 post-fader, Output 2 -> Main L post-fader, Output 3 -> Main R post-fader), and finally on Routing, AES50 screen assign the Out 1-8 to the first block. Make sure the Out switch on the side of the SD8 is set to Out 1-8.
      • Apr 22
    • Tykeys2006
      Tykeys2006

Thanks so much I have been struggling for two weeks to make this work I’m try it out tomorrow to make sure I got it right this has helped me tremendously

• Apr 22
    • Tykeys2006
      Tykeys2006

Last question how do you assign inputs to different mixbuses first digtal board for me.

• Apr 22
Go to page