Statistics

298,884 members
182,564 posts
  • New
    kickdrument
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-26

Is there away to get more than 32 input channels? Is there an expander that can be utilized?

0 24
    • kickdrument
      aeleasound Yes, for instance you can link a second mixer, eg an M32C via AES50, to add more input channels to the overall
      • Apr 26
    • kickdrument
      kickdrument

Would I used the main LR from the m32C and send it as a stereo input to the main board?

• Apr 26
    • kickdrument
      Paul_Vannatto What was suggested will not work. If you are looking for more inputs, get a stagebox such as the DL16. If you are looking for more channel strips, get a Wing.
      • Apr 26
    • kickdrument
      DRPromotions How many? I use Aux 1 thru 6 as an inout also. Total of 38 channels.
      • May 22
  • New
    jeffreynorman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-29

Do the line inputs (ch17 and 18) pass thru the pro midas preamps? 

I would like to connect and record digitally with an external preamp without going thru two preamps to my DAW.

0 24
    • jeffreynorman
      Paul_Vannatto That is correct. Only mic inputs go through "mic" preamps. But if you need to stay in the digital realm, you need to connect the MR18 to the DAW (computer) using the USB. That is because the line inputs do go through an analog to digital converter.
      • Jan 28
    • jeffreynorman
      jeffreynorman

Thank you for confirming that! I love the Pro Midas pres, but also like using an external pre for certain applications without running through two preamps which can have unpredictable not so good results.

• Jan 28
  • New
    MixingLane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-05

Hello,
    appreciate our input on following Need and Idea about using 2x Midas HUB4 for connecting 41 channels and 8x stereo IEM
    41 channels on stage, 8 person band, 2xDL16, 1x DL32.
    Need:
    8x stereo wireless IEM from stage, IEM mix by musician's app and FOH engineer
    Idea:
    3x DL stageboxes connected with AES50 to Midas HUB4, 4x2 analog out (from HUB4) to 4x IEM transmitters
    Second midas HUB4 daisy chained over AES50 with first Midas HUB4, 4x2 analog out (from HUB4) to 4x IEM transmitters
    AES50 frome second Midas HUB4 to FOH: Behringer Wing
    Questions:
    Can Midas HUB4 be daisy chained? or do I need 2x AES50 from FOH?
    Can this idea technically be done?
    Are there better/other ways of implementing "need"?
    See attached simple scetch of the set-up in mind
    Thank you, Arie

View Attachment

read more...
    0 24
    • MixingLane
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Arie, yes the Hub4 can be daisy chained as you suggested. Just make sure the "Port 1-4 AES50 A1-32" is turned off (unlit) on both units, which will allow all 48 inputs from the DL stageboxes to pass through to the Wing.

I just had a look at your attachment and there is one thing you will need to change. Instead of having each of the DL stageboxes attached to the second Hub4, you will need to daisy-chain them as well.

Of course a more "fail-safe" setup would have the dual DP48 connected to the Wing using an AES50 cable and the DL stageboxes connected to the Wing using a second AES50 cable.
      • May 5
      • 2x Midas Hub4?
        MixingLane Thanks Paul_Vannatto. I made a second drawing according your advice. Looks like a great set-up!
        • May 5
    • MixingLane
      Paul_Vannatto Yes, that should work for you Arie.
      • May 5
      • 2x Midas Hub4?
        MixingLane Great! Now I either have to go for the Hub4's or control myself and wait for the Hub8 ?
        • May 5
    • MixingLane
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not aware of any plans for a Hub8. So I would suggest you get the 2 Hub4's
      • May 5
    • MixingLane
      MixingLane

Final question (I hope ;-) ) Can the Hub4 be used without DP48? So simply in a side rack on stage to make the connection with Wireless IEM transmitters, and the IEM mix be done by the FOH (Behringer Wing). According to the documentation, I think: yes but there is some ambiguous tekst that makes me doubt. Thanks!

• May 10
  • New
    rossilive
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-13

Hello,

For Studio use, I'm trying to route the channel Solo monitor output to the main out, not on a separate Monitor out as it is configured. When I hit the solo button, I want to hear only that channel out of my Mains.

Thanks in Advance!

read more...
    0 23
    • rossilive
      Paul_Vannatto Assign the Monitor L & R to a couple of user outs (on the Routing, User Out screen, last 2 assignables in the Aux group), then assign those User Outs to the respective outputs (eg. AES50 A, B, XLR Out, etc.) that you have your speakers connected to.
      • September 13, 2021
      • M32 Console - Solo channel to Main out Routing.
        rossilive Tried like this, didnt seem to work. I'll try again and send images if not... Thanks!
        • September 14, 2021
  • New
    stefaniaoctaviana
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-09

Hello, I'm a customer from Romania and I want to buy an Midas M32 Live console but I can't find any. Can you give me an approximate date when the console will be available to purchase in Europe? Thank you! 

0 23
  • New
    dd2402
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-20

hi,

I can't use my M32 in internal in/out 

Input is ok my sound run into my console in the right rooting channel, i send it to bus one, i have sound on the meter but not in my ers. 

With my DL32 all is right, i can't understand somebody help me ? 

Setup--> Internal 

Rooting --> Local input

Many thanks

Adrien

read more...
    0 23
    • dd2402
      GaryHiggins Hello Adrien, people here will be glad to help you, however the exact issue is unclear. It appears to be your output routing is not correct but I am only guessing. If you could be precise in saying what the issue is, it will help someone to give the correct advice. Again I am guessing but look at your XLR out routing menu as that will control your local outputs where aes50a out controls the DL32 outputs. If the DL is correctly outputting what you want, then duplicate the sources in the XLR out menu.
      • September 20, 2021
    • dd2402
      dd2402

Hi, for the dl32 all is right in and out but I want to use the internal in and out. In my setup, internal. In my rooting, local. I receive the signal in the Metter in Chanel one. I can send it to mix bus 1 all is right with the Metter but no sound out in my ers plugged into the output 1 of my console, the output one is OK in the rooting with mix bus one

• September 20, 2021
      • M32 Internal in/out
        GaryHiggins I'm still pretty unclear, sorry. Guessing again: Your input routing should say local 1-32 (not aes50) to get use of the mixer's local preamps. The local outputs would be from the XLR out menu (default is out 1-4/out5-8) Setting up your outputs 1-8 and 9-16 to provide the correct sources. If you have aes50 1-32 for your INPUT routing, sending any of them to a bus will just send your DL32 inputs and not your local inputs. Trying to include some pics from x32-edit below.
        • September 21, 2021
      • M32 Internal in/out
        dd2402 So many thanks the problem as solved. But all my Wedges goes seems like post fader but in the rooting is on pre fader and when i mute this, the sound is already going on ? can help me ?
        • September 21, 2021
      • M32 Internal in/out
        KevinMaxwell If I am understanding your question it sounds like you want the pre-fader monitor send to mute when you hit the Mute button. I think on the Mix Bus outputs you want to select one of the pre-fadr options that has the +M. That should include the Mute for that Mix Bus.
        • September 21, 2021
  • New
    soundfangled
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-28

Having little luck getting the spares I need.

Anyone got any links please?

0 23
  • New
    TeeCee64
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-23

Hi all - 

I am working in a church and have been using the M32 for several months with generally excellent results, but have one persistent issue that I can't figure out. We are using the main LR bus for the livestream and Mix Bus 1 for FOH (which is mono). The setup is relatively simple in that we are not mixing drums or a rock band. It's generally choir, piano, vocals, sometimes a string quartet, pipe organ and the minister's mics.

The issue is that I am getting what seems to be bleed into the Main LR bus from Mix Bus 1. Example: vocalist on channel 17 using a wireless mic. Without sending that channel to the Mix Bus everything works fine and the fader conpletely controls the signal. But when I also the send that same channel to the Mix Bus, with the channel fader all the way down I still hear signal from that mic in the Main LR bus. When I stop sending the channel to Mix Bus 1, the "bleed" signal in the Main bus goes away. The amount of the "bleed" signal is not insignificant and affects our ability to balance the livestream mix - during a live service recently we had to pull one vocalist's fader completely out of the Main mix to get the right balance - at that point all of his signal was coming only from the apparent "bleed" signal.

I have checked and re-checked the routing and neither the channels nor Mix Bus 1 are being sent anywhere else that I can find. The only outs we are sending are Main LR bus, Mix Bus 1 and one Matrix send going to another part of the church. We are not using any FX - the room has a great natural reverb so we are just blending in room sound with OH mics (which are not being sent to Mix Bus 1). I have also checked and re-checked what is being sent to Mix Bus 1, but I get the same result even using just 1 mic with everything else muted. 

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts/help with this!

Thanks, TC

read more...
    0 23
    • TeeCee64
      Paul_Vannatto What you describe is a parallel signal path issue. What I would suggest is to export the scene to a file (either using the Utility button on the X32 and save to a USB stick, or use X32-Edit), save it to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and provide the shareable link in your next post. We can have a look at it (using X32-Edit) and better advise.
      • November 23, 2021
    • TeeCee64
      Paul_Vannatto One question, is there a particular reason why you have the livestream being fed by Main LR and FOH by a mixbus? To me that is backwards. My church also does livestream and FOH on the same console. Mixbus 9/10 (stereo pair) feeds the livestream.
      • November 23, 2021
    • TeeCee64
      TeeCee64

Thanks Paul - will do. We set it up with the mixbus as FOH because (1) it’s only a mono PA and (2) when we set up the M32 we were in Covid and the livestream was the only thing happening. We now have one person controlling FOH with an iPad in the room and one person in the booth mixing the livestream. The livestream remains very important - about one-third of members are coming back in person now but the livestream audience is substantial. Will let you know when I post the scene - much appreciated!

• November 23, 2021
  • New
    jovanni
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-05-02

Hola, me gustaria ir a realizar la certificacion de midas pro como lo puedo hacer?

0 23
  • New
    lufebatera
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

Hi Everybody,

I bought a M32C recently and I want to use on my DAW (Reaper) but not getting the RAW channels, I want to get the full EQ, gated, compressed individual channel from the M32c...its possible? So far, Im getting all the individual channels separated, but all PRE-EQ.

thank you!

read more...
    0 22
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto You need to first assign the channel strips using the Routing, Out 1-16, Ultranet or Aux Out screens (eg. DirOut Ch 1) and change the taps (eg Post EQ). Then assign those blocks of 8 to the Routing, Card screen.
      • Feb 5
      • USING A M32C AS AN AUDIO DEVICE, BUT GETTING POS EQ CHANNELS...ITS POSSIBLE?
        lufebatera Hi, Paul
        • Feb 5
        lufebatera Thanks for you response...all of this routing is so tricky...sorry to say, but I still lost here...I didnt get what you said to me...
        • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto First of all, for any routing changes, always use the M32-Edit app (for PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi), which can be found on the M32 product page ( https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BM8 under the Product Library, Software on right side).
      How many channels are you planning to record at any one time?
      • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto With 32 channels you will need to use both the Out 1-16 and Ultranet screens to do this.
      Start with the Out 1-16 (in the Routing section).
      * Assign DirOut Ch 1 (Post EQ) to Output 1
      * Assign DirOut Ch 2 (Post EQ) to Output 2
      ** continue through DirOut Ch 16 to Output 16
      Goto the Ultranet screen
      * Assign DirOut Ch 17 (Post EQ) to Output 1
      * Assign DirOut Ch 18 (Post EQ) to Output 2
      ** continue through DirOut Ch 32 to Output 16
      Goto the Card screen
      * Assign Out 1-8 to the first block (Outputs 1-8)
      * Assign Out 9-16 to the second block (Outputs 9-16)
      * Assign Ultranet 1-8 to the third block (Outputs 17-24)
      * Assign Ultranet 9-16 to the fourth block (Outputs 25-32)
      • Feb 5
        lufebatera Hi paul! it worked..sort of..because now my in ear stopped working...because I use bus 5 and 6 as my in ear out put...but thank you! Im almost there!
        • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto What are your in ears connected to?
      • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto It looks as though you have 6 XLR outputs to a Midas stagebox (DL32?). Are you using AES50 A or B? It would make it much easier to help you if you provided better details. Are you using any of the Aux Outs on the back of the console? Are you using buses 1-6 for your in ears?
      • Feb 5
        lufebatera sorry Paul, you are right...yes, Im using a DL32 on a AES50 A. Outputs 1, 2, 3 and 4, goes in a pair of PSM 300 for guitar and bass; 5 and 6 its me on drums, using a small mixer, just for amplifies the headphones.
        • Feb 5
Go to page