Statistics

289,860 members
172,424 posts
  • New
    VlahopolGuitars
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

I just got my MR18 and I am looking forward to work with it as it is a first step to the bigger brother of his that I want to buy soon - I hope.. 

I am now using a 10 in 10 out soundcard in my recording studio and I thought it would be great to get the MR18 to use it in the studio as a soundcard in order to get the 18 IN /OUT and benefit from it.

NOW, like I said i am looking at using the MR18 mainly in the studio but also with my bands where I have 32 channels analog mixer... now i have some questions that needs answeres, please:

1. is there any OFFICIAL tutorial on what to install first and how on mt Windows PC? - asll I see on youtube are a bunch of guys showing off their X-Air Behringer mixers, but NO official video of MIDAS. Maybe I am looking in the wrong palce. Please guide me.

2. I see there are two softwares a driver and a firmware update. is there any specific order to this ?
    M-AIR-Edit_PC_1.6
    M-AIR-Edit_PC_V1.5
    MIDAS MR18 Driver Setup v4.59.0
    MR18_Firmware_1.17

Please, correct me if I am wrong... I assume it should be like this... 
    1 firmware, 2 driver, 3 Software M-Air 1.6 ??  Correct?  
    Id there any official videos on these, please? 

3. IS the MR18 able to SAVE my studio / USB settings as a studio soundcard and than also save my LIVE settings so I don't have to redo it all the time? when I go from STUDIO to LIVE performance and back? 

4. IF i have 2 x Midas MR18 is there anyway to LINK them to work together as ONE ? One of my sound engineers has one and my keyboard player has one so.... can we link these machyines to see eachother VIA laptop in LIVE GIGS ?

read more...
    0 372
    • VlahopolGuitars
      Paul_Vannatto Why do the videos have to be official? I just did a search on YouTube for Midas MR18 and there are lots of videos both by Music Tribe, resellers and users - all excellent material. You can also search for XR18, since the 2 consoles are identical in functionality.

The order of software, drivers and firmware is not important. Just use the latest available.

Yes you can save snapshots of your settings and recall them as desired

No you can't link MR18 together. They are not expandable. For that you would need to get a M32 or X32.
      • March 11, 2021
      • Midas MR18 - please advise
        VlahopolGuitars Thank you so much for your answer.
        well, the videos have to come from the seller as "a manual" ??? I never used a MR18 and I want to know what and how should I do it in order NOT to break it, than loose warranty because of MISSUSING. I have seen that happen.
        And yes the seller it is contractually obliged to give me manuals / tutorials in order to have a mutual beneficial relationship.
        I got this small rack mixer because I like the Midas. Now I need to know / learn how it works. I don't understand why i have to you tube to 20 different users to find what I need when in fact I should be able to go to the source / manufacturer and find everything there. I am not trying to argue with you and thank you again for your kind response.
        Thanks again!
        • March 12, 2021
    • VlahopolGuitars
      RexBeckett Hi VlahopolGuitars, there is no functional difference between an XR18 and MR18 so a video for one will also serve for the other. The control app, firmware and drivers are different for each make but work the same way - despite some small differences in appearance and branding.

I would install the driver first. The M-Air-Edit apps are not actually installed by Windows so you can have several versions on, say, your desktop. You may need to use app V1.5 initially to install firmware V1.17. I think that app V1.6 complains if the firmware is older than V1.17.

The MR18 can save all non-global settings in internal Snapshots. The same settings can also be saved as Scenes in files on the controlling PC. Snapshots load very quickly but it is good to save some scenes as backups. Scenes can be loaded on any MR18 or XR18 if required. Global settings (not saved in snapshots or scenes) are things like network parameters and sample-rate.

There really isn't any way to link multiple MR18s except by using analogue inputs and outputs.
      • March 11, 2021
      • Midas MR18 - please advise
        VlahopolGuitars Thank you so much,
        Mucha appreciated.
        • March 12, 2021
  • New
    sethmajor
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Hello everyone. I am trying to set up a Midas Venice U32 to a laptop to stream from through OBS.  When I plugin the USB from U32 to the computer I get a driver error message. I have attempted to locate the correct up to date driver bought cannot get the audio to the OBS system. 

Thank you for any guidance.

read more...
    0 369
    • sethmajor
      DavidKnighton Hello Seth,
      Are you getting any audio into your computer or no audio at all? Does your computer even recognize the U32 as an interface? Are you using Mac or Windows? If Mac, you need to update the firmware via Windows computer in order for the USB to discover on Mac. The update tool is here https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0AJK under the SOFTWARE tab.
      • January 15, 2021
      • Midas Venice U32 Driver
        sethmajor No Audio at all. It is recognized in my computer control panel but shows driver error. I am using Windows. I will try the update thank you!
        • January 15, 2021
        sethmajor When I click on the link it opens to VU24, is it the same driver for the VU32, which is what I have?
        • January 15, 2021
        DavidKnighton They are the same drivers for either console frame.
        • January 15, 2021
        sethmajor I tried the link that you provided but it says I do not have the correct windows operation, is there a driver of windows 10? Or another option to get sound from the mixer to my computer besides the USB?
        • January 16, 2021
  • nicholaslue
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-12

Is there any way I can monitor the MainLR output through the DL16's phones jack?  I'm using a M32C so I don't have another way to plug in headphones directly into the board.  

0 341
    • nicholaslue
      Paul_Vannatto Use the Select/Adjust button to scroll through the inputs, then the outputs until you get to the output the Main L or R is assigned to. (see https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=S16%3A_Callouts)
      • September 11, 2020
      • Listen to mainLR through DL16 headphone jack
        nicholaslue I was wondering if I could hear the stereo LR at the same time, not one or the other.
        • September 11, 2020
        GaryHiggins I don't think stereo can work out but you could get a mono version of L/R by using a matrix ch assigned to an output. You could use a P16 ch, adat ch (aes50 17-32) or an out 1-16 ch for the phones source of the matrix ch. The DL16 phones jack is mono afaik.
        • September 12, 2020
    • nicholaslue
      BillHood Can't you use the Monitor Output on the M32C, just assign LR Bus to Monitor Source? Need a Y cable from two mono sources to one stereo for headphones but should work.
      • September 12, 2020
        GaryHiggins Curious, I just assumed an additional place to monitor from was needed...and then after looking at the M32C I realized it doesn't have ANY phones jack and volume knob like the X32 Core does. A strange omission I think.
        • September 12, 2020
  • Artsan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-12

Hi Guys, Im barely getting started to know this mixer and i have not been able to use thee wifi client. i followed indications and videos on youtube regarding connecting via ethernet and inputing the WLAN info, closing the app and turning off the mixer. When i turn it back on it does not detect the mixer unless i plug in the ethernet cable or switch to access point. Any suggestions reegarding this?

Wish they would come up with a new firmware that allows to control the mixer via the usb cable since i am already connected to my laptop for DAW

read more...
    0 313
    • Artsan
      GaryHiggins Hello, so you have made your Wifi settings while you were actually connected to the MR18 in access point mode? Which software are you using to set things up?
      • September 13, 2020
      • MR18 unable to connect to WIFI Client
        Artsan Hi Gary, i have tried it both ways, while on access point and connected to Ethernet. I am using M-Air Edit on a Mac laptop. My steps were: 1: connect via ethernet or access point (connect successful). 2: on the WLAN tab input my network name and password selecting WPA2 and hit apply. 3: Quit the app, turn off the mixer. 4: Change the remote button to wifi client, turn on the mixer, start the app back up again. After this nothing happens the app stays in searching for a mixer. When i check the WLAN tab my network info is still there.
        • September 14, 2020
    • Artsan
      Paul_Vannatto Regarding your question about the mixer control via USB, that will not be possible. The X-Air and X32 is externally controlled using the OSC protocol, which sends/receives commands via ethernet (UDP) only (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Sound_Control)
      • September 13, 2020
    • Artsan
      DavidStackhouse Arturo, are you using an external router? I had an issue connecting with an external router... spent many hours trying to figure it out with the help of some good folks here. In the end it turned out to be something stupid - I had plugged the ethernet cable from the MR18 to the internet port on the router. It's supposed to go into one of the ethernet ports. As soon as I made the switch it worked like a charm.
      • September 14, 2020
      • MR18 unable to connect to WIFI Client
        Artsan Hi David, yes im using an external router and i am able to connect through the router and access point just not through the wifi client mode which i need. Once i am connected through one of those options I input my networks info on the WLAN tab and then switch to wifi client and it wont connect
        • September 14, 2020
  • Martin4995
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-28
    It has taken me 2 days to get registered. Now that I can login I still can't get to much of anything on the website. I either get a gateway time out or bad IP address from the responding server. Is this normal? How can I get the firmware update for my Midas M32r Live?? It seems like an awesome mixer, but if I can't get support, I'm not sure it is worth it.
    read more...
    0 307
    • Martin4995
      Paul_Vannatto No this is not normal. I've been on this forum since December 2012 and the last 4 days has been the worse it has been trying to get logged in or refresh of the site. I think we are all getting the continuous timeouts and bad IP errors. What version do you currently have? Here is a copy of 4.02
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MNFmKZ9pmGT3vMbAnnRw9u4qyy2NvY-M/view?usp=sharing
      • June 28, 2020
      • Website Functionality Midas M32R Live firmware update failure to find
        Martin4995 I have version 3.12. I just bought this unit Friday and really like it, other than not being to find certain operational things. I would imagine that they are having a server issue of some sorts. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon! I'm sure everyone feels the same way. Thank you for the update, I think I saw a Youtube video about how to do the upgrade of the firmware. I'll give it a shot. thanks again
        • June 28, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto The Midas M32 site is back up and running. Here is the link to the downloads https://www.midasconsoles.com/Categories/Midas/Mixers/Digital/M32R/p/P0BI9/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)
        The firmware I provided (the previous link) may be an X32 firmware.
        • June 29, 2020
    • Martin4995
      -mjk- Yeah, they're constantly working on updates to the firmware, but we won't be able to even get them at this rate.
      • June 29, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi mjk, I can only apologise for the delay, but we have been moving all the data to new servers over the weekend. If you could tell me which software you require and an e-mail address that I can send it to, then I will forward it on to you.
        • ·
        • June 29, 2020
        BillFleming I would like the 4.02 version of the firmware for the M32 and whatever version FW you recommend for the DL16 - you can send to [email protected] FWIW everytime I try to load an M32 support page my browsers complain about too many redirects. Thanks
        • June 30, 2020
        -mjk- Thanks Nigel. No, I should apologize. I was just needlessly complaining. Sorry for adding to your burden.
        • July 2, 2020
  • New
    TDiddy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

Good Day everybody,

my name is Torsten. I'm a drummer and do drum recordings. I try to setup a Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15.

Midas Venice F32 console

FireWire cable 

FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter

Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch mid 2015, 2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Memory 16 GB

OS Catalina 10.15.4

On the page "Hardware" the Mac shows on the rider "FireWire" the Midas console and on the rider "Thunderbolt" the FireWire-Thunderbolt adapter.

But the audio in- and outputs of the Mac only show built-in microphone and built-in Output. The former owner, a very friendly man who stands by, used the OS 10.12. to drive the Venice. We hope that a downgrade from 10.15. to 10.12. could fix it. But on Mac that's not so easy. A procedure maybe for a Mac-expert. Has anyone a good idea or maybe experience in a simillar case?

Photo of Mac Screen is attached.

Thank you !

Good wishes and a wonderful christmas

Kind regards

Torsten

P.S.: I guess I can upload only one photo. It's my first time here. Maybe someone has a solution also so I can upload some more fotos..

read more...
    0 304
    • TDiddy
      DavidKnighton Hello Torsten,
      Regrettably, the Venice F consoles are legacy products, and the last supported OS from Midas perspective is El Capitan, OS 10.11. Some users had some luck getting it to work on later OS, but those involved alterations to the OS that we could not fully support. Apple started phasing out firewire in their products in 2012 in favor of Thunderbolt, and that was pretty much the turning point for every manufacturer who carried Firewire in their product.
      • December 23, 2020
      • Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15. FireWire Thunderbold no audio
        TDiddy Thank you, David, for your fast response. So we should try to install OS 10.11.? Thank you again and best wishes !.
        • December 23, 2020
      • Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15. FireWire Thunderbold no audio
        DavidKnighton Hello Torsten,
        If version 10.11 is available, that would be your best option, as we have a Venice firewire driver download specifically for El Capitan.
        • December 24, 2020
        DavidKnighton The driver can be found here https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0AD6 under the software tab. Driver for OSX version 4.2.1.
        • December 24, 2020
  • New
    JHAYWARD86
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-09

Hi, 

So my current setup is M32r at foh and M32c for monitors which share a DL32 stage box. 

Currently have the M32c setup as master on stage as I need to use the outputs on the DL32 to run mons. 

Is there a way though I can set up a talkback at FOH that can be routed to those outputs so the band can hear me? 

Many thanks 

read more...
    0 302
    • JHAYWARD86
      Paul_Vannatto The only way to get talkback from FOH to the M32C is to put the M32C in between the FOH and DL32. It is not possible doing the way you have it setup, due to the fact that when the DL32 senses a console is connected to the AES50 B port, it outputs the DL32 inputs to that port. Therefore the signals from the FOH is unavailable.
      • August 9, 2021
    • JHAYWARD86
      KevinMaxwell I assume that you are able to assign outputs of the M32R and or the M32Core to the DL32. I have to figure out how to do that.

I am not sure if this will work but a work around might be to make an output of the M32r on the DL32 be your talk back and then with a short XLR cable plug that into an input on the DL32 and assign that on the M32core to the monitor mixes that you want it on.
      • August 9, 2021
    • JHAYWARD86
      Paul_Vannatto Reviewing the DL32 QSG (page 10), there is a way to send FOH talkback via DL32 to M32C, if you are not using the Ultranet (for P16, etc.). Banks 5 and 6 (33-48) do in fact pass through from AES50 A to B. So here is the routing to make it work.

FOH, Routing, User Out screen
      * Output 1 -> Talkback 1 (part of AuxIn bank)
      * Output 2 -> Talkback 2 (part of AuxIn bank)
      FOH, Routing, AES50 A (or B depending on which port you are using) screen
      * Outputs 33-40 -> UserOut 1-8

M32C, Routing, User In screen
      * Input 1 -> AES50 A33 (or B33 depending on which port you are using)
      * Input 2 -> AES50 A34 (or B33 depending on which port you are using)
      M32, Routing, Inputs screen
      * AuxIn Remap -> User In 1-2

This will put FOH talkback 1/2 as inputs to M32C Aux 1/2, which can then be sent to the various buses.
      • August 9, 2021
      • Running talkback from foh when using a DL32 as digital split
        KevinMaxwell I had forgotten that in this install the X32 has 2 EtherCon cables going to the stage from FOH. One is going from the X32 AES50a to one of the SD16 stage boxes and the other is going from the X32 AES50b to the other SD16. Both of those are being replaced with the DL32. BTW we already have the DL32 and the X32Rack and the P16D we just haven’t installed it all yet. I was wondering if there is any advantage to using the second EtherCon from the X32 to the X32Rack and I don’t know if this would even work. I assume that would be from ASE50b to AES50b since that would be the only AES50 connections left to use. I don’t want to daisy chain from the DL32 to the X32Rack to the X32 at FOH. I want the DL32 to act as a splitter. Would this second EtherCon hooked up from AES50b to AES50b give me any more routing options from the X32 at FOH to the X32Rack?

Just to give you as much information as possible that might be helpful there will still be about 4 of the P16-M that come from the P16D that is fed from the FOH X32 and maybe one that comes from the X32Rack. All of the mixes off of the X32Rack will be IEMs (mostly wireless) and most controlled using Mixing Station. I am working on a very user friendly way to make that work by using IDCAs.

This routing question is not for the Talk Back they won’t be using that at all. They have had that capability but never got used to using it. This is so that I can route the Vocal Mix Bus from the X32 to the X32 rack. And I just found out their backing tracks and click are going to be moved from the drummers control to start things to the FOH control. I don’t think that this is a good idea and have told them so. So that means I also need to get that from FOH X32 to the X32Rack. I can actually hard wire all of these things if I want to or have to because there is a snake from stage to FOH that at the moment is only used for returns to the house speakers and the wedges. I will probably switch that over to the DL32 outputs. Or I can just use the DL32 outputs for this and hard-wire them to the X32Rack inputs. I will probably be using the Aux inputs for this.

When this system was last put in there already was an analog snake in place and also 3 different churches used this building to meet and at least one of them used the analog sake for their inputs. There are now only 2 different churches meeting there and they share almost everything. The each had their own scene that they would recall for their service, but I am not sure if that is happening any more.

This is actually a much smaller church then you would think. I think it seats less than or around 200.

I hope I haven’t hijacked the OPs thread too much, I figured it was along the line of the same basic routing questions.
        • August 14, 2021
    • JHAYWARD86
      JHAYWARD86

Thanks for the detailed answer, I'll give this a go!

• August 9, 2021
  • DavidStackhouse
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-23

I want to try using my MR18 as my interface to get audio into Logic Pro X on my MacBook Pro. It's been a while since I recorded anything, and I discovered by accident that my old hardware... a Digidesign 003 Rack and an Avid Eleven Rack... are not recognized by macOS Catalina, and Avid seems to have no intention of fixing it. I mention that for the benefit of others who may have that hardware, and have been scratching their heads wondering why they no longer work.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice about getting the MR18 up and running with Logic? My MBP sees the MR18 as the input and output device (whereas it no longer sees the 003 or Eleven). Is the MR18 completely controlled by Logic; i.e., are its settings in the M-Air-Edit app completely transparent when using it as in interface for Logic? So, for instance... gain, EQ, faders, whatever... anything I may have set in the M-Air app... are all those settings still in place when I use the MR18 to get into Logic? Is there anything I have to do in M-Air-Edit to turn 100% control over to Logic? Thanks much...

read more...
    0 284
    • DavidStackhouse
      RexBeckett The only way for Logic to control the MR18 is via Midi. Normally you would configure and control the MR18 using the MAir Edit app. Logic would see it as an eighteen channel bidirectional audio interface. By default, the MR18 USB Sends would come directly from the preamps so would not be affected by EQ, faders, etc. You can change this, of course,
      • July 23, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      DaveMorrison You can control a few parameters via MIDI. If you want channel levels, pans, or scene recalls, Logic can do it. In the studio, I don't. Live, it's handy to have Logic bump up channels levels for solos. I prefer to use a mixer in the studio rather than (or in addition to) an audio interface because I don't get any latency in my monitoring path—the mixer handles that.
      • July 23, 2020
      • MR18 with Logic Pro X (b/c 003 Rack and Eleven are no longer supported in Catalina)
        DavidStackhouse Great tips, Dave... thanks for your input!
        • July 24, 2020
  • New
    WallyFargo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-26

Hey all,

I just updated M32 edit to 4.2 and it is ridiculously slow to respond. I have Mojave 10.14.6 OS. How can I revert back to M32 Edit 4.1? My M32
    R console is at v4.04.1. Or is there another solution to my dilema?

Thanks!!

Wally

read more...
    0 269
    • WallyFargo
      GaryHiggins Just uninstall it, download the earlier version then install it instead.
      • February 26, 2021
      • M32 edit on Mac - Revert back to 4.1
        WallyFargo Hi Gary, I should have included the fact that I don’t know where I can get the previous version. I couldn’t find it on the download page. Can you direct me to where I can get it?
        • February 26, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      DaveMorrison You can install multiple copies on the same computer. I've had two versions of X32-Edit and one version of M32-Edit on the same computer (I never tried to run them simultaneously). You really don't have to revert. I like to rename the app with the version number (e.g. X32-Edit 4.1) to make it clear what I'm launching. Do you still have 4.1?
      • February 26, 2021
        WallyFargo Hi Dave, I do not have 4.1. Good point though on the multiple copies. Thanks
        • February 26, 2021
        DaveMorrison This new website has lots of problems, one of which is the "Show Legacy Versions" button doesn't work for the M32. It might work next week—it might never work. Other users might have a copy. I have the Behringer version if you need it (it's the same).
        • February 26, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      GaryHiggins Im sure I have it if you still want a copy, let me know...and like Dave I have several versions installed, X/M versions to use 2 at once without becoming confused.
      • February 27, 2021
        WallyFargo Thank you Gary and Dave!!! I've been away from mixing on my Mac for a while, guess I just needed another set of eyes. The X32 edit seems to be working just fine with V4.2. Gary - If I did want to get M32 edit V4.1, how could I get that from you? This will teach me not to be so quick to replace/trash apps, I guess. Thanks again!!!
        • February 27, 2021
        WallyFargo So much for that, now X32 is acting up. It's 3-4 seconds behind. I'd really like to get my hands on a V4.0 or 4.1. My previous X32 edit is 3.2 and that won't work with the console. Thanks!
        • February 27, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      GaryHiggins I’ll post a link, but I can’t do it till I’m at my pc later (iPad now) I will send it in this thread, just click and download...
      • February 27, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest you check your ethernet/wifi connection to the M32
      • February 27, 2021
        WallyFargo Hi Paul, thanks for bringing that up!! I have been using a several year old WiFi extender and just today went out and purchased a new one. No real improvement. I'm getting 450 Mbps download speeds on the computer in my studio.
        • February 28, 2021
        GaryHiggins were you able to set up 4.1 or 3.2?
        • March 1, 2021
  • New
    msteel
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-14

We have an M32 (full size, original non-live, still running v3.11) installed in a venue for over a year now.  One of the uses of the space is a classroom, in which case the system operates unattended.  In the past few weeks there have been a handful of times I have discovered the console not passing audio.  Visually, everything looks fine and the screen, buttons, and LEDs are responsive.  But no audio.  Notably, when I recalled a snapshot to make sure settings were correct, the console rebooted.  After that audio was working as intended.

This behavior began recently and is relatively frequent - every couple of days or more often.  Of course it is possible that the console has failed in some way, but I'm not yet convinced of that.  I'm not aware of any power problems in that location either, although this particular system is not on a UPS.

A significant change that coincides fairly well with the beginning of this behavior is related to some automation I have implemented using OSC commands over the network.  A recent feature change had the automation system continually setting some scribble strip colors and channel mutes twice a second.  Probably about 14 OSC commands per second altogether.  In some ways this feels like a lot of traffic, but it really doesn't seem excessive compared to something like real time meter updates or fader moves on an iPad app.  All the same, I am wondering if it is  somehow too much data to send and is crashing something in the console.

I've read all the release notes I've found in case there was a known issue my automation could be triggering, and nothing seemed to stick out.  But updating to the latest firmware might still be a good idea, I suppose.

In the mean time I've retooled my automation to reduce the frequency of the parameter updates.  I will see if that seems to make a difference.

read more...
    0 253
    • msteel
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Matthew, what app are you using to send the OSC commands remotely? Are the OSC commands properly formatted (4 byte aligned, big endian, etc.)? The reason I ask is that during my early development of Live Toolbox, I would frequently send incorrectly formatted commands that would generate an error on the console which would result it a freeze until either I cleared the error or rebooted the console. Patrick has this well documented in his X32 OSC Protocol document (page 11) found here:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Snbwx3m6us6L1qeP1_pD6s8hbJpIpD0a/view
      • July 14, 2021
      • M32 stops passing audio, possible connection to OSC
        msteel I have seen that error dialog before, but am not getting it now. My automation system is based on Node Red which in turn is based on node.js and javascript. The commands are generated from Javascript strings and include padding characters. They work as intended (i.e. the desired effect is seen on the surface) and do not generate an error dialog. The system is powered on 24/7, though, and since the problem showed up about the same time as my changes I was suspicious about the long term effects of continuous commands. You know, maybe my changes were revealing a memory leak or buffer issue that wouldn't show up on a system that was power cycled more frequently.
        • July 14, 2021
    • msteel
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest that you update the firmware to the latest version (4.06). Make sure that you backup your scenes, snippets, etc. (export the show will back those up) as well as the library presets. Also make note of the settings on the first 4 screens of the Setup. Firmware 4.x now provides the ability to backup everything.
      • July 14, 2021
    • msteel
      msteel I updated the firmware on this console to 4.06 a while back and a few days ago the issue happened again. As a result I did some testing. Since the M32 is installed and in daily use my ability to test on it is limited. However, I also have an X32 producer at my disposal and decided to set it up as a test bed. Here is what I have found out:

* This issue has now been observed on M32 v3.11, M32 v4.06, and X32 Producer v4.06. This means it is not limited to one version of firmware, and happens on both Midas and Behringer versions of the console.
      * The original automation was sending 7 OSC commands 1-2 times per second. The console would hang every few days.
      * Reducing the number of commands to 7 commands every 5 seconds or so greatly reduced the frequency of the console locking up. Maybe a few weeks?
      * In my test setup I sent 10 commands approximately 100 times a second. Under these circumstances I can make the console crash after about 15 minutes. Being able to reproduce the issue relatively quickly has allowed me to gather additional data.
      * When the console crashes, the message "Checkpoint: target.cpp: 93" appears at the bottom of the screen. At this point the console no longer sends audio to any outputs and the meters are frozen at the last level. Additionally, OSC commands no longer have any effect. However, the surface user interface including mute buttons, LEDs, and screen all appear to respond normally.
      * After the console has crashed, recalling a scene causes the message, "Checkpoint: target.cpp: 86" to appear briefly before the console reboots.
      * To measure if the exact number of OSC commands is always the same, I included in each burst a command to set the name of channel 1 to the number of bursts sent so far. This way when the console crashes I can tell exactly how many bursts of messages have been sent. This number is not exactly the same but appears to be fairly consistent and somewhere around 100,000 bursts (1 million OSC commands) at the time of a crash.
      • November 10, 2021
    • msteel
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks for the detailed write up. The developers are aware of the issue and will be fixed in the next firmware release.
      • November 12, 2021
Go to page