Statistics

298,882 members
182,562 posts
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-10-04

Have a sound problem with the DP48. My Dp48 would make my solo guitar sound like Im playing under water..I discovered that the problem is with the Compressor..once it was off the sound was OK, However my drummer now has the same problem but all compression etc is off? He has to turn the guitar off in his mix? Anyone else suffer from this problem? 

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    Jbain1597
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-18

Hello. 

Is it possible to use local inputs from my M32 at FOH as inputs on my M32C at monitors if they are connected by AES50? 

I figure i just need to set up the local inputs as user outs from FOH and select them as inputs at Monitors. please correct me if im wrong. 

read more...
    0 22
    • Jbain1597
      Paul_Vannatto Yes of course you can send the FOH local inputs down the AES50 to the M32C, understanding that AES50 assignments are in banks of 8. So if you are sending 8 local inputs, just assign those to an AES50 banks. If you need to mix and match the local inputs with other inputs (from stageboxes, etc.) you would then use the User In screen to do so to make up the banks of 8.
      • September 18, 2021
  • New
    ChrisRChurch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-07

The default processing order (PO) on a given channel is

1)gain,

2) dynamics,

3) insert,

4) EQ and then

5) fader.

The default Tap Off Point (TOP) is ordered

1) post filter,

2) post EQ,

3) post insert,

4) post dynamics

5) end of chain

It's great you can choose the order you want for the processing order, but I can't see where to change the order of the Tap Off Point to match the processing order. 

If out of sync, you get interesting results (if you choose TOP post EQ with the default PO, the insert and dynamics will impact the signal because they come before EQ in the default PO).  If you change the processing order to match the Tap Off Points it works as expected, but the TOP default order is not a typical way to process a channel.

Is there a way to change the TOP order to match PO for a given strip?

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    PetervandenBerg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-14

I bought by Thomann an Midas M32C and its send by them to Repair for 4 weeks. Your Repair tell them its 100% good, but they asked please check the soundcard with computer connection for a few weeks, after that i still got my M32C back? I need that M32C for my workshops and this cost me a lot of money i can't give the workshops! I called an emailed Thomann a lot of times but still my M32C isn't back.... I don't understand such a good and beautifull products and so bad services. I don't buy in the future by Thomann anymore and if i dont have my M32C back for the weekend i contact my lawyer to get a claim or a new M32C a.s.a.p. Sorry but i am very angry!

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your e-mail and for sending the communication you had with Music Tribe.

We are still waiting for further updates from the service partner about what they checked and how they checked it. 

As soon as we have this information we will inform you further about this.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience in this case.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate in contacting us.

Kind regards

Daniel Rodenburg, Customer Care International
    Tel: +49 9546 9223-476  |  Fax:+49 9546 9223-8399  |  E-Mail: [email protected]

Web: thomann.de/gb    Opening Hours    Customer Centre

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    SeraLuciferchik
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-15

Hi. An accident happened. We have Midas PRO2c, but something happened with the memory card and now it gives an error: operation system not found. I downloaded MidasRecoverySystem_Pro_2_C from the official site, but it does not help. When I insert a flash drive with MidasRecoverySystem_Pro_2_C, the console says (remove disks or other media) and recovery does not start. Please help, what am I doing wrong?

read more...
    0 21
    • SeraLuciferchik
      jhight Not sure if you have resolved this or not, but it is a simple BIOS setting. With the console off, connect a USB keyboard. Power on the console and repeatedly press F2 until the BIOS menu comes up. Once in the menu, go to the last page and set the console to boot up using the compact flash card. Save, then power cycle the console and you're all set.
      • Aug 21
  • New
    Jbain1597
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-19

having an issue with clock sync. and i think im just missing a step. 

wiring is as follows: FOH AES50B(i think A is bad) to Monitors AES50A, Monitors AES50B to DL32 AES50A

i have to have the WSG card as my clock master so i can properly pick up my plugins which makes sense to me. 

with this configuration, im not recieving inputs from the DL properly through the M32C 

As well, it seems like a clock issue because of all the artifacts im getting. my keyboard apeared to show up on all of my FOH inputs. 

i could be explainig this completly wrong, or i could just be routed wrong if anybody, with a brain that isnt fried like mine, can explain where im wrong that would be great. 

i have a week to get this figured out but the earlier the better. 

thanks 

read more...
    0 21
    • Jbain1597
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. This could potentially be a firmware mismatch. If your M32 is updated to 4.06 and your WSG card is not fully updated and using the latest software then there can be clocking issues. Make sure that all parts of the system are updated fully. If you continue to have issues then please contact our technical support team by clicking on Support and then Technical Support.
      • September 19, 2021
  • New
    DannyKurywchak
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-09-01

I have an M32C with a DL32 with a split snake always connected in the rack.  I had my vocalist over to play back the last gig to enhance his sounds of his IEM's because he just bought new molds.  We all run in stereo and It's weird, I all of a sudden can't get Bus 3 to respond to fader moves. I moved him to Bus 11 and it works fine.  Fader moves appear on screen but audibly makes no difference in Bus 3.  Can someone please review my attached scene to see what is possibly wrong?

We use this setup for FOH with our IEMS and also when a venue has their own PA system we use this rack with our split snake just for IEMS only.  Should I have a different scene for each use case?  Meaning a differnt pre/post settings?

If anyone sees anything else I should be doing on this scene to improve our experience it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny K 

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 21
    • DannyKurywchak
      Paul_Vannatto Bus 3/4 stereo pair master faders are all the way down and muted. Bus 11/12 stereo pair master faders are at -.4 and not muted. All routing is correct.
      • September 1, 2021
    • DannyKurywchak
      DannyKurywchak Thanks so much Paul! Sometimes we look for complex problems to simple issues! I obviously missed that one and really appreciate you taking the time to point out the issue.
      • September 1, 2021
  • New
    Timkanter
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-26

A pro9 we have is acting strange. Mc1 and mc2 seem happy, but only mc1 eq selections work, and the pop up happens on both screens. The center navigation doesn't work (patching/metering etc.) The two trackball mice work independently as they should. 

Any ideas on why this is happening?

read more...
    0 21
    • Timkanter
      Dale_M Do you think you could submit a Technical ticket from above with a video link to what you are seeing please so we can help you?
      • Apr 27
  • New
    ChrisBallard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-03-27

Hi folks,

My venue has two Pro3's that are on their way out, and the monitor desk is all but unusable as lots of parameters are fluttering during use, including the gains, output levels and even EQ filters.

So our plan until we can get that fixed is to swap in the Pro2 for monitors that we use in another venue. So we'd be using a Pro3 for FOH, connected to the 431, then using the 371 for DSP, and then the Pro2 for monitors.

We hooked it up last night, but could not get the two 431's we have to sync with it. Is there a procedure that we need to follow to get this to happen? Or do we need to dumb down the firmware on the Pro2 to the same as the 431's for them to talk to each other?

read more...
    0 21
    • ChrisBallard
      Nigel67 Hi ChrisBallard. It should be as simple as unplugging the DL431 cables from the Monitor PRO3 DL371 AES50 ports and plugging them in to the PRO2 AES50 ports. You will need to make the PRO2 a Master or Slave depending on how the Monitor PRO3 was set up in the Preferences - Configuration page (if Slave assign the clocking Port) and highlight whether you are using the A or B DL431 inputs, but then you only have to assign the DL431's in the Config page. What software version are the DL431's running? If they are running 2.6.1 then that will be fine with the PRO2 or if they are running 3.4.6 then that will also be fine.
      • Mar 27
      • Connecting 431 to Pro2
        ChrisBallard We did that. I'll have to check the firmware version and see what we're on. I'll update you!
        • ·
        • Mar 27
    • ChrisBallard
      ChrisBallard

So we had some more time to work on this on Monday and we discovered that we needed to set up a direct Generic AES between the two desks, seemingly because they were using separate DSP units. Once we did that, we changed the Pro2 to Master, the Pro3 to Slave, and changed the source of the Word Clock to be the Pro2. That made things 95% happy. Now, the only trouble is that the Pro3 is stating an Application Error on the X CAT5 from the second 431. But everything is passing audio and recognizing the 431 splits. Our manager is going to work on that today while I'm off.

• Mar 30
  • New
    Miradorabe23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-03

Bonjour,

Ma table Midas X32 LIVE n'est plus reconnue par mon Mac. J'ai l'habitude de faire des enregistrements dessus avec la cable USB et tout d'un coup la table n'est plus visible par le Mac (il n'y rien qui apparaît lorsque je branche le cable USB). J'ai déjà changé d'ordinateur, de cable USB etc... mais rien ne change.

Pourtant l'enregistrement avec les cartes SD marchent nickel.

Merci!

read more...
    0 21
    • Miradorabe23
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure that you have the USB cable from the X-Live card plugged into a USB 2.0 port in the Mac. It doesn't work very well in a USB 3 port.
      • May 4
Go to page