Statistics

294,686 members
177,808 posts
  • New
    Benitunaru
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-26

Hello. I recently bought a Midas mr18. I'm not very good at sound, so I want to ask for help here. If anyone wants to help me with a complete preset for a channel (voice), or a preset with the most used effects when playing. Thank you

0 16
  • New
    Davrom
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-21
    Hello, I would like to know, if after the release of the behringer wing, the m32r is going to improve the engine, so that the processors work on each channel, for example, I love the wing, but I would love the size and physical inputs of the m32r
    read more...
    0 15
  • New
    TreyH
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-21

It's all in the title.

Thanks.

0 15
    • TreyH
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure you backup your show (cues, scenes, snippets), presets (chan, effects, routing) and write down all of the settings in the first 4 screens of the Setup.
      • Apr 21
      • M32 firmware update from 2.14 to 4.06 - Any issues with this "jump" ?
        TreyH Appreciate the reply, Paul. Didn't know if this was too big of a jump to make.
        • Apr 21
    • TreyH
      Paul_Vannatto Nope
      • Apr 21
    • TreyH
      TreyH Firmware upgrade went smooth as buttah'! It did set the board back to factory so I'm glad I backed up Show, Presets and Setup pgs 1-4.
      • Apr 26
  • New
    Axl666
    Newcomer - Level 3
    2021-09-06

Hi, last weekend i had a ProX(at FOH) with Neutron at stageLeft and 3 DL231 also there. Another DL251 was at FOH but it had to be connected to the neutron, with another pair of cat5e.

If i tried to config and connect any of the three FOH aes50 on surface i only got full level of something similar to pink noise on any channel patched from dl251 and also on the talk bus.The DL251 is okay because it works if i connect it over the neutron.

In case the surface aes50 ports would work correctly, I would like to connect my FOH stagebox there and pull only 2 cat5e cables, instead of 4, from foh to stage.

Clock was set: primary->stage ; secondary->internal;

Surface to neutron was copper.

Is there any way to get the surface aes50 ports to work ?

Am I doing something wrong or is this a defect?

Cheers!

read more...
    0 15
    • Axl666
      Nigel67 Hi Axl666. If the PROX was set to Master clock, then it makes no difference what the Primary or Secondary are set to. They are only for when the PROX is set to Slave and you are setting up where the Main clock is being sourced from, and if that fails where the back up (secondary) is coming from. If you were getting full scale noise from the DL251, then i would say there was something wrong with its clock setting, although if all you did is add longer cables from the DL251 down to the stage then it would suggest that it was not a clock setting. Did you use different cables from connecting to surface and then stage? It could be that you had faulty cable(s). Did you notice whether the LEDs around the AES50 connections were pulsing red or green, and what was the diagnostics page showing for the DL251, red or green. If red, what was the error message. Were you using copper or fibre snakes? Do you have anything other audio coming out at the surface end? You mentioned talkback. It could be then that the fault is in one of the routers or the snakes. If you are not using the io cards in the surface, can you plug an input into them such as a cd player. Play music and then assign a couple of analogue outputs on the io cards and see if the audio is clean. This is checking that the audio is getting to the Neutron and back again without issue. If it is, plug the DL251 back in the surface and recheck it. Make sure it is showing external clock, mode 1, 96K and you haven't connected the ethernet port by accident.
      • September 6, 2021
      • ProX surface aes50 ports
        Axl666 i used the same dl251 on long cables from neutron, it worked there. then i took 2 short cables, connected them to surface aes50 port 1 and 2 and to the dl251 and made the config. leds were are green status was green, all green in diagnostics. Surface to neutron snakes were copper. everything at the neutron end worked correctly, audio was clean. To the talkback.... so as i connected the 251 to surface no channels were patched from or to the 251, but i saw my talkback was on and also at one of the master busses the talk button was activated, this bus went full to red on meters, i listened to it and it was like pinknoise turned up to 11 as i pulled the 251 out this was gone! this proX has no IO cards installed in the 3 slots (if there was IO i wouldnt need the 251 at foh.) So there is a chance that the module with the 3 aes50 ports is faulty?!
        • September 6, 2021
      • ProX surface aes50 ports
        Nigel67 Its a possibility that there was a fault on the surface or stage router, maybe even the short CAT5e cables. You will need to set the system up again with the DL251 connected again at the surface and do some testing / elimination as at the moment we can only theorise what the issue could be. Try plugging just one port of the DL251 up at a time and see what happens. As you have some DL231, for test purposes, plug one of those in at the surface using your long CAT5e cables and see what happens. I would suggest that you raise a Technical Support Ticket with us as it will be much easier to be able to correspond instead of using this post. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
        • ·
        • September 6, 2021
  • New
    gkilsti
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-08

Man, I wish there was a way to get 16 input channels on the faders, which is what I need 95% of the time I mix live.
    I hope there is a very good technical/hw reason for not allowing this, because it seems like it would be very easy to accomplish since the left side can already have BUS 1-8 or BUS 9-16 and the two sides look so very similar.

If this is just a software choice/limitation, then please update the firmware to allow for example a button-press of 1-8 AND 9-16 together to get all those 16 channels on faders.

This would make the mixer totally perfect for my gigs :)

read more...
    0 15
    • gkilsti
      MarkNorgren Not sure what your asking? But if you push both buttons at the same time (1-8 and 9-16), the board will display channels 1-16 at the same time. Is that what you mean?
      • September 8, 2021
    • gkilsti
      gkilsti

Wow, it actually works like that! Fantastic! Don't know why I never actually tried that...Thanks Mark :)

• September 8, 2021
  • New
    S-Audio
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-31

I use my M32r live primaraly for home recording. I am trying to figure out a way to setup a headphone monitor mix that is seperate from the XLR inputs that I am recording. I am printing a healthy file to my DAW so I  would like to have a better mix for monitoring. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Ron

read more...
    0 15
    • S-Audio
      Paul_Vannatto What exactly do you want to monitor?
      • Jan 31
    • S-Audio
      S-Audio

I am multi tracking in to the DAW card 1-8 and coming back into the board on aux 1&2 LR.

• Jan 31
  • New
    BodieDoyle
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-07-13

Currently I have a Midas M32C and 2 * Midas DL16's; I'm wondering if, instead, I can connect my M32C to a Hub4 via AES50, then connect 2 * DN4888 via StageConnect to the Hub4 and therefore have 16 ins and 16 outs on my M32C.

I know this is essentially what the M32C and 2 * DLs can achieve, but I'd rather go down the StageConnect route at the moment as I may well move to a Wing at some point.

read more...
    0 14
    • BodieDoyle
      Paul_Vannatto Yes that will work
      • Jul 13
      • Midas M32C to Midas Hub4 to Midas DN4888
        BodieDoyle Great stuff; will I also have the 16 outs assignable from the Hub4 too, i.e. 16 in and 32 out, in total?
        • Jul 13
    • BodieDoyle
      Paul_Vannatto If you are planning on using StageConnect only, it is a 32 channel I/O only. In other words if you assign 16 channels as outputs, you will only have 16 channels available for inputs. That said, you could also use one of your DL16 daisy chained to the Hub4 to provide additional 16 inputs and 8 outputs.
      • Jul 13
  • New
    BerndVanPraet
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-09
    Hi all,

At this moment I’m very happy with the console.
    But now I had some more time on it, there are some mini idea’s I’m seeing.

Now, the Navigation Layouts and Global Assignables Presets are linked to the user account that’s being used.
    But I’m finding out that with different show’s I do on the console I’m using different ones every time.
    It would be very handy if it could be attached at the show file rather then the User Account.
    read more...
    0 14
    • BerndVanPraet
      Nigel67 Hi BerndVanPraet. Great to hear that you are enjoying using the HD96. I will raise a ticket and pass your comments on to the design team for further discussion and implementation in a future release. Many thanks.
      • November 9, 2021
  • New
    VladimEAR
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-08

Hello,

may I suggest to include a function for MONO master to "link fader" to the LR master? This could allow to set the level of Mono independently but still controlled by LR. This could behave the same way as M/C follows LR on M32, when you can change the ratio M/C vs. LR.

Currently there is only "Link" function which actually "hard link" LR+Mono together and they act as one fader with ratio 1:1.

Thank you in advance for considering this idea.

Kind regards

Vladi

read more...
    0 14
    • VladimEAR
      Dale_M Many thanks I will pass your suggestion over to the Design team.
      • Apr 8
      • Suggestion for PRO series update
        BerndVanPraet Are you going to give the Pro Series still an update then ?
        • Apr 27
  • New
    mitchellkrobbins
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-27

Hello, 

maybe I missed a thread about this but, we have been using a Midas m32r at our small church for several years. We have had a pro tech come in and help us reset the board and set it back up. We did that because we were having issues with the volume dropping out mid service. We are still having this issue. I have narrowed it down to the gain control on the channels not working properly. When turning up the gain it doesn't change anything until it hits about 75% then it "catches up" and won't turn back down. Then after a while it will drop out and get quiet again. Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 14
    • mitchellkrobbins
      MarkNorgren Install fresh firmware again. I have the same board and never heard of this before. Do you use a stage box? If so, has the firmware been updated on that also? How do you know it is the gain control? Does it happen on all on all channels? Do you have it plugged in to a good power conditioner? Seems odd, not sure what else it could be? With 32+ channels, maybe work around the problem channels? Maybe Kevin or Paul with chime in.
      • Mar 27
    • mitchellkrobbins
      KevinMaxwell I don’t know if I am the Kevin that Mark is referring to but I will try to help. The first question is this on all of the inputs or only certain ones? Are you using a digital stage box in this setup? I haven’t heard of this symptom in a mismatch of mixer to firmware updates. Does anyone know if there is a list anywhere as to the combinations that need to be for the mixer and stage box to work together properly?

The other thing that can cause this to happen (with how you are describing) it is if a Gate is inserted somewhere is the signal chain that shouldn’t be there and is probably set all wrong. If this is a setup problem as in a mistake in a scene the best way to help you would be if you can post your scene here. Either put it in a drop box somewhere and post the link here or you can go to the first post you did in the thread and try and edit it and post the scene there and then put a new post in this thread telling us to look there for your scene. This is assuming you know how to copy a scene from the mixer. This forum doesn’t seem to allow anyone to post a scene unless you are the originator of a thread and you do it in the first post to the tread. Unless they change something here without telling us.

If this was an analog console I would probably suspect the Gain Pot as being dirty or an intermittent solder connection. But the gain pot in a digital mixer doesn’t work that way. How old is the M32R and what is the conditions it is used in. In other words are you in an environment that is hard on electronics like a hot and humid place or in extreme weather conditions.

On some electronics (I have never heard of this happening on any of these mixers) there is a condition that is usually referred to as having to jump the gap. In that situation there is a bad connection somewhere and when it is hit with a strong enough signal it might overcome the bad connection and start working for a little while. If this is what is happening there is a bad component somewhere or a bad connection somewhere, usually internal to the device. And it then would need to be sent in for repair.

Reloading the firmware might be a good option just be aware that depending on if you are just reloading the same firmware that you already have or updating to the latest firmware you may or may not lose a bunch of your settings. That is another subject.
      • Mar 28
Go to page