Statistics

306,241 members
190,611 posts
  • New
    ARP101
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-25

Is there a way to record one track, and listen to that track as you record another? Is this a routing question or is it even possible to do without a DAW?

0 16
    • ARP101
      Paul_Vannatto Which digital mixer are you using?
      • May 24
      • Multitrack Recording one at a time
        ARP101 I am using the M32RLive. I think I responded to the email notice, and not here, Sorry, Andy
        • Jul 13
  • New
    jacobi184
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-20

I have a single fader that has stopped moving when changing pages or fader flipping. The fader still works. The console still registers the movement when I manually move it up and down but it won't budge when changing which causes tons of problems. Any idea what could be the cause of it?

read more...
    0 16
    • jacobi184
      KevinMaxwell It sounds like the belt slipped off of the positioning motor. Do you know if there was a time when the fader wanted to move to a different position (like when switching layers) and there was something in the way and the motor may have fought to make the change. I think that can cause a belt to slip off or for the motor to have a problem.

There are some mixers that will fight to get the fader where it is supposed to be and other mixers that if something is in the way it will interpret that as the new position it needs to be in and not fight it.
      • Jul 21
    • jacobi184
      MarkNorgren FWIW, I just ordered a replacement fader from Sweetwater for mine. I was told a 4-5 month wait! I would check the belt as well.
      • Jul 23
    • jacobi184
      jacobi184

Thanks for the replies. It randomly started working again. Which makes me worry more because now I'm not sure why it stopped and why it started back...

• Jul 25
      • M32 Fader not automatically moving
        KevinMaxwell Strictly a guess but maybe the fader belt slipped just enough that is got lodged on the rim of one of the pulleys and then it slipped back down eventually when the fader was manipulated. How did the fader feel (when it wasn't working correctly) compared to the other faders when you moved it? Was it WAY smoother (no resistance at all) or was there a slight stiffness to it?
        • Jul 28
  • New
    vmorgan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-18

Hi,

I have a Midas 32R that I'm demoing at a house of worship that is transitioning from a board that has 1/4" outputs. I did not have enough 1/4" female to XLR female adapters so I decided to use the AUX Outputs on the Midas to set up the monitor mixes.  I patched MixBus 1-5 respectively to each of the Aux Outputs 1-5 and set the tap point to PreFader + M. I can control the individual channel volume in the mix, however, I cannot control the overall mix volume. Is there are setting that I am missing?

read more...
    0 16
    • vmorgan
      Paul_Vannatto Either there is a routing error or a parallel signal path. The best thing to do is to export your scene to a file, save to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and provide the shareable link in your next post. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • May 18
    • vmorgan
      vmorgan

Thanks. I factory reset the mixer. The issue was due to the tap point for the MixBus. The factory reset set the tap point for the MixBus to Post Fader. I now have Master control over the mix.

• May 19
  • New
    FagnertenHove
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-07-07

Hi,

yesterday I closed down my M32c. When I started up again, the mixer went back to the stored scene settings in stead of using the latest settings before closing. I always thought the mixer starts up at the point where you left, now I learned you can set up the mixer to open a scene in stead of using the last used settings. 

How can I set up the mixer to open the last used settings? In case of a power drop, it seems to me, this would be the best option.

read more...
    1 16
    • FagnertenHove
      Paul_Vannatto The M32 (and X32) saves all of its settings into internal memory every 2-3 minutes. If you make changes and shutdown before it saves to memory, those settings will not be recalled. I usually shutdown the console at the very end (after the amps, etc.) which should be sufficient time for the console to save the settings.
      • Jul 7
  • New
    mitchellkrobbins
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-27

Hello, 

maybe I missed a thread about this but, we have been using a Midas m32r at our small church for several years. We have had a pro tech come in and help us reset the board and set it back up. We did that because we were having issues with the volume dropping out mid service. We are still having this issue. I have narrowed it down to the gain control on the channels not working properly. When turning up the gain it doesn't change anything until it hits about 75% then it "catches up" and won't turn back down. Then after a while it will drop out and get quiet again. Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 16
    • mitchellkrobbins
      MarkNorgren Install fresh firmware again. I have the same board and never heard of this before. Do you use a stage box? If so, has the firmware been updated on that also? How do you know it is the gain control? Does it happen on all on all channels? Do you have it plugged in to a good power conditioner? Seems odd, not sure what else it could be? With 32+ channels, maybe work around the problem channels? Maybe Kevin or Paul with chime in.
      • Mar 27
    • mitchellkrobbins
      KevinMaxwell I don’t know if I am the Kevin that Mark is referring to but I will try to help. The first question is this on all of the inputs or only certain ones? Are you using a digital stage box in this setup? I haven’t heard of this symptom in a mismatch of mixer to firmware updates. Does anyone know if there is a list anywhere as to the combinations that need to be for the mixer and stage box to work together properly?

The other thing that can cause this to happen (with how you are describing) it is if a Gate is inserted somewhere is the signal chain that shouldn’t be there and is probably set all wrong. If this is a setup problem as in a mistake in a scene the best way to help you would be if you can post your scene here. Either put it in a drop box somewhere and post the link here or you can go to the first post you did in the thread and try and edit it and post the scene there and then put a new post in this thread telling us to look there for your scene. This is assuming you know how to copy a scene from the mixer. This forum doesn’t seem to allow anyone to post a scene unless you are the originator of a thread and you do it in the first post to the tread. Unless they change something here without telling us.

If this was an analog console I would probably suspect the Gain Pot as being dirty or an intermittent solder connection. But the gain pot in a digital mixer doesn’t work that way. How old is the M32R and what is the conditions it is used in. In other words are you in an environment that is hard on electronics like a hot and humid place or in extreme weather conditions.

On some electronics (I have never heard of this happening on any of these mixers) there is a condition that is usually referred to as having to jump the gap. In that situation there is a bad connection somewhere and when it is hit with a strong enough signal it might overcome the bad connection and start working for a little while. If this is what is happening there is a bad component somewhere or a bad connection somewhere, usually internal to the device. And it then would need to be sent in for repair.

Reloading the firmware might be a good option just be aware that depending on if you are just reloading the same firmware that you already have or updating to the latest firmware you may or may not lose a bunch of your settings. That is another subject.
      • Mar 28
  • New
    gkilsti
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-08

Man, I wish there was a way to get 16 input channels on the faders, which is what I need 95% of the time I mix live.
    I hope there is a very good technical/hw reason for not allowing this, because it seems like it would be very easy to accomplish since the left side can already have BUS 1-8 or BUS 9-16 and the two sides look so very similar.

If this is just a software choice/limitation, then please update the firmware to allow for example a button-press of 1-8 AND 9-16 together to get all those 16 channels on faders.

This would make the mixer totally perfect for my gigs :)

read more...
    0 16
    • gkilsti
      MarkNorgren Not sure what your asking? But if you push both buttons at the same time (1-8 and 9-16), the board will display channels 1-16 at the same time. Is that what you mean?
      • September 8, 2021
    • gkilsti
      gkilsti

Wow, it actually works like that! Fantastic! Don't know why I never actually tried that...Thanks Mark :)

• September 8, 2021
  • New
    lestudambule
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-13

Hello,

I look at the M32 (or M32C or M32Live)

Do I will succeed to record 32 tracks in 24bits/192kHz.

I need to aggregate the console with sound cards to increase the number of inputs in record sessions, I’m on OS X. Is it possible ?

Regards

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    Jterrio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-29

Can anyone help me source replacement channel buttons "Pro LCD switch" for a Pro2. I've submitted a parts request already (CAS-576578-R4P7L8) with no response for over a week. The US dealers I've talked (almost 3 weeks ago) have also not been able to help. 

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    BerndVanPraet
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-09
    Hi all,

At this moment I’m very happy with the console.
    But now I had some more time on it, there are some mini idea’s I’m seeing.

Now, the Navigation Layouts and Global Assignables Presets are linked to the user account that’s being used.
    But I’m finding out that with different show’s I do on the console I’m using different ones every time.
    It would be very handy if it could be attached at the show file rather then the User Account.
    read more...
    0 15
    • BerndVanPraet
      Nigel67 Hi BerndVanPraet. Great to hear that you are enjoying using the HD96. I will raise a ticket and pass your comments on to the design team for further discussion and implementation in a future release. Many thanks.
      • November 9, 2021
  • New
    soundman222222222
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-19

Why is it that you only offer a 1 Year warranty for Midas M-32 in Malaysia store but a 3 year warranty for M-32 on Musictribe.com ? Also noticing other warranty periods have changed since purchasing. Example Klark Teknik Square One Dynamics had a 10 year warranty when I purchased multiple units but when you look up the product now it only says 3 year ? Not to mention all 4 of my units have been back for repair at least 2 times or more. The last time I had one serviced Music tribe claimed they didn't have my registration which was also false. Why is it that the Music Tribe is doing everthing possibe to not honor warranty periods ?

read more...
    0 15
    • soundman222222222
      harryjames892

he good

• Nov 3
    • soundman222222222
      harryjames892

hello link

• Nov 3
    • soundman222222222
      harryjames892

hey www.resumehelpservices.com

• Nov 3
    • soundman222222222
      harryjames892

good https://www.resumehelpservices.com/

• Nov 3
    • soundman222222222
      harryjames892

Hello [url=https://en.wikipedia.org]English Wikipedia[/url] [resume writers review](https://www.resumehelpservices.com/resumewriters-com-review/)

• Nov 3
Go to page