Statistics

306,511 members
190,920 posts
  • New
    Chirro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-14

I know that I can use an unused FX to send my channels, and I can turn on the SOLO button in the Master Bus of this FX to route to headphones out (Monitor), but if I do this, all the channels sound in MONO, not Stereo, all in the center, no PAN. I would like this to be Stereo.

I supposed that if the FX bus is stereo and the monitor/headphones out is also stereo probably there is a way to do it.

I'm able to SOLO a single channel and hear it in stereo, but not the whole FX bus mix.

Does anybody knows if this is possible?

read more...
    0 14
    • Chirro
      GaryHiggins what mixer?
      • Oct 15
    • Chirro
      Chirro Sorry. MIDAS MR18
      • Oct 17
    • Chirro
      Chirro

Hello. I’ve found a solution that works as I need in my MIDAS MR18.

My native language is Spanish so I will try to explain in English the best that I can. Please forgive my mistakes.

You have to sacrifice the SOLO button behaviour and 2 of the 4 FX buses, but you will get 8 (yes eight) real MONO aux mixes with physical outputs or 6 MONO and 1 STEREO monitor outs (what I want).

In a live mixing situation, I usually only use 1 FX as general Reverb and never SOLO any channel, so it’s Ok for me.

This guide is using the program Mixing Station, but you can get the same results in the MIDAS official program.

The first step is setting the monitor (headphones) output source from a pair of buses (for instance Bus 5/6) in Console Setup. This way you get an STEREO mix on your headphones or 2 separate MONO mixes (L and R).

The second step is routing 2 FX SEND buses to the physical Aux outputs 5 and 6 in Output Routing. I set FxSnd 3 to feed Aux Out 5 and FxSnd 4 to feed Aux Out 6.

Basically, that’s all. Anything you send to FX 3 will sound by physical Aux 5 out, anything you send to FX 4 will sound by physical Aux 6 out, anything you send to Bus 5/6 will sound in STEREO by physical Headphones out.

Things to consider:

1.- As I said before, you can’t use the SOLO button, also, you have only 2 FX for the mix.

2.- If you want to use an STEREO mix in your Headphones (good for inears) I recommend you to LINK buses 5 and 6. This way you get PAN in bus 5 and
      you can place any channel in the stereo space, independent of the MAIN mix.

3.- You have to maintain FX RETURN faders (in FX 3 and FX 4) with NO level, or better, exclude from LR Main mix. This way, this monitor mixers don’t go out in Main mix.

4.- You have to change the way ALL channels feed FX 3 and FX 4. By default, every channel goes After Fader to every FX and PostEQ to the Aux buses. Change EVERY channel to PostEQ for feeding FX 3 and FX 4. This way the sending of those channels are not affected by Main mix fader levels.

5.- If you prefer 8 MONO monitors don’t link buses 5 and 6 and use a special cable to separate channels L and R from Headphones out.

6.- After doing all these things you can use LAYERS to rename, reorder and show/hide what you want. For instance, hiding FxSnd 2 and/or renaming FxSnd 3 to Mon 5, etc.

And remember, you always can save all this changes in a Scene.

If you need further explanations, please let me know it.

• Oct 19
    • Chirro
      Chirro

Sorry for the composition.

• Oct 19
    • Chirro
      Chirro

When I can, I will edit the message to be more readable.

• Oct 19
  • New
    RobertoBarillas
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-07-11

Hi there,

Is there a way to delete the information of a single user from the console? instead of all

Also, I found a bug in 1.20 regarding mute groups. When calling a version 1.18 show file the mute groups don't respond.

read more...
    0 14
    • RobertoBarillas
      soundmandan

On the login screen, the 'edit profile' button appears when that user is signed in. Within this menu you can delete the profile. There is a restriction on deleting users that are not signed in to avoid users being kicked out of the console. The team are looking into managing this process better in future developments. We're aware of the caveats. Thanks for identifying the mute group issue. It will be raised with the team to look into.

• Jul 13
  • New
    rogerpedrol1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-17

Hi,

It is safe to update an HD console form 1.12 to 1.21 straigth or we have to pass every single update to reach 1.21?

Best regards,

roger

0 14
    • rogerpedrol1
      Dale_M Hi Roger I will double-check with the design team for you and advise.
      • Oct 18
    • rogerpedrol1
      Dale_M

Yes it is safe to jump to 1.21

• Oct 18
  • New
    KlausZimmermann
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-06-18

looking for a DL1G2.5.1 version or latest below V3.x

TX!

0 13
    • KlausZimmermann
      Nigel67 Hi KlausZimmermann. Could I ask why you would require such old software? I am not sure whether we would still have software this old. Many thanks
      • Jun 18
    • KlausZimmermann
      KlausZimmermann

compatibilty issue with a rapide which runs on 2.5.2...

• Jun 18
      • Pro1 firmware version 2.5.x - no 3.x
        Nigel67 Are you trying to backdate your PRO1 so that it works with the Rapide? Support for the Rapide ended many years ago, however even though new software versions of consoles were released, it was found that the Rapide still continued to work. However, I do not have any information on when the Rapide stopped working (if infact it has). I am sure it was still working with the early versions of G3 software. What is the problem that you are experiencing? Have you just purchased this Rapide, or were you running an old software version on the PRO1 with it and then upgraded the PRO1. Do not try upgrading the Rapide as it could seriously corrupt the software in it.
        • Jun 19
  • New
    twilliams
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-17

I have a M32  with an DN32-Adat Card. I would like to be able to use channels 31-32 for input from my keyboard and be able to send signal to what ever track I choose. 1 thru 24. Is this possible and does anyone know how to do it? Thanks!

0 13
    • twilliams
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately your post is unclear. Is your keyboard connected to inputs 31-32 of the DN32-ADAT. What exactly do you mean by "whatever track I choose"? "Track" is not a correct term in the X32.
      • Mar 17
    • twilliams
      GaryHiggins I don't disagree with Paul, it's not clear what you want to do...but on the off chance you are asking about sending specific mixer inputs to DAW tracks using your M32, that can be done within the DAW software by selecting the desired specific ch input for the DAW track.

Selecting what sources get sent from the Adat outs in the first place is done with the card out routing menu and can be almost anything in any order these days thanks to the "user" in/out routing menus.

Within the mixer itself and in general, you can't send a ch to another ch. You can send any ch or multiple ch's to a bus (and that bus to an Adat out ch) You also can change any ch source to any specific ch from the available input pool on that channel's config page source dropdown list. So lets say ch 1 can have Ch 32 as its source instead of the original Ch 1-but not both at once.
      • Mar 18
  • New
    H6227
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-21

It's been about 3 weeks since I emailed music tribe support for parts.....with no response. Figured I'd post here in hopes they will at least see it. I'm looking to order a preamp board...specifically 1-8 for a midas m32 full size. 

0 13
  • New
    cristtiah
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-07-20

Can I use the behringer stage boxes for the MIDAS 32R? With the scarcity of Midas stegeboxes is there any other alternative instead of buying a 100ft snake? Thanks

0 13
    • cristtiah
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can use the Behringer stageboxes (S16, S32, SD8, SD16) with the M32.
      • Jul 20
    • cristtiah
      joehughes00000 We have a DL16 and DL32 stage box that work well with our X32 console
      • Aug 8
  • New
    chadf9942
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-08

I am looking for a pro 6 power supply. 
    one of mine isn't working

0 13
    • chadf9942
      Nigel67 HI chadf9942. Is your Midas PRO6 still under warranty? Its 10 years from 1st Sept 2014 if you are the first owner. If so, please send in a Technical Support ticket and we will be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. If the PRO6 is out of warranty, then you can purchase a new power supply through our Spares team.
      Please send in a spares request ticket. This can be done from the same page that the Technical Support ticket can be found, just select the Spare Parts tab instead. Many thanks
      • October 9, 2021
  • New
    bgordon8684
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-19

I have the audio output from a computer coming in to Aux 5 and Aux 6 inputs, going to stereo channels in the mixer.  The sound comes though, but the faders and mute button on the channels have no effect whatsoever.  In order to adjust the volume we hear, we need to use the computer's audio output levels.  The mixer faders for these channels have no effect.  Can't figure out what I'm missing.  Any assistance greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  -bg

read more...
    0 13
    • bgordon8684
      Paul_Vannatto You probably have duplicate (parallel) signal paths - ie. other channel strips with Aux 5 and 6 assigned to them. If you can't find them, export your scene to a file, upload to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and include the shareable link in your next post. Then we can have a look and better advise.
      • September 19, 2021
    • bgordon8684
    • bgordon8684
      bgordon8684 Also, the main fader doesn't seem to be working. Appreciate your help. Thanks.
      • September 19, 2021
    • bgordon8684
      bgordon8684 Channels 11 and 12 are where the Aux 5 and Aux 6 inputs should go.
      • September 19, 2021
    • bgordon8684
      Paul_Vannatto The Aux In 5 and 6 inputs are also assigned to Aux 5 and 6 channel strips (on the Aux/FX layer). Either change the sources (on Aux In 5 and 6 channel strips) to OFF or mute them.

Regarding the Main fader, are your main speakers/amps connected to XLR 15 and 16 on the back of the X32?
      • September 20, 2021
      • Need help with probable routing problem with M32 LIVE
        bgordon8684 Thanks a million, Paul! Muting Aux in 5 and 6 on the Aux/FX layer solved the problem. Sure wish I know how to remove that extra assignment for the inputs. Can't find it anywhere. Fixed main fader, too. Was a problem with the injection points -- one side was set to pre-fader.
        • September 20, 2021
  • New
    leewinn1974
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-11

Is it possible to connect the M32R Live and an M32C to a DL32 via AES50 and both mixers have control of the outputs of the DL32?

For example the M32R would output the main L/R Mix via Output 15/16 (or AES/EBU) and the M32C output from Ouputs 1-14.

read more...
    0 13
    • leewinn1974
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can, as long as you put the M32C in between the M32R Live and DL32. In the M32C, you would need to use the User Out in the Routing section to combine the M32C outputs 1-14 and M32R L/R, then assign the User Out blocks of 8 to the AES50 connected to the DL32.
      • Apr 10
Go to page