Statistics

289,872 members
172,438 posts
  • New
    BrotherBruce
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-12

The text on M32 User Manual p22 does not seem to follow the image shown of the Dyn page in the user interface.

Specifically, I'm interested in the function of the Mix (0-100%) knob shown. I cannot find where it is described. I'm guessing it will implement parallel compression by adjusting the wet/dry ratio, but am confounded by the lack of description. When set to 100% does that mean there is no dry signal passed?

Is there another source of info on this product? I'm familiar with digital consoles in general, but each implementation is different and I cannot find the detail I'm seeking in many areas. I've read through all the M32 threads in this forum, downloaded all the documentation and searched in vain for a help file or more specific information. I really don't want to burden this board with continual questions about control function, location and detail, considering most of the questions here are of a more advanced nature.

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies.

read more...
    0 236
    • BrotherBruce
      Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct. 100% mix results in 100% wet signal (0% dry). The reason the user manual does not describe it is because the manual is based on firmware 2.0 and the mix function was added in a later firmware update to provide functionality primarily for parallel compression application.
      • July 12, 2021
  • New
    geroldvt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-05

Hi guys!

With one of the bands I'm working with we started bringing our own console to all shows the last year and a half. A simple setup with M32r + DL32. It works great. Unfortunately, on the last show between the two covid lockdowns (where I live some concerts were allowed from July to September, before the second 'wave' hit), the rotary knobs/pots started acting very janky and not responding very wel. I especially noticed since it was a short changeover, things had to go fast. But when I turned them fast, they responded very weird. It's not all of them, but especially the EQ, dynamics and preamp section.

Is there a quick solution to this that I can do myself? Do some cleaning inside? I guess it's a bad contact due to a bit of oxidation or something, I can't think of anything else. 

Anyway, since there's not a lot of shows going on right now I have time to fix things before the tour gets going again.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 226
    • geroldvt
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Gerold, since the M32R is still under warranty (10 years), I would recommend you submit a repair ticket (using the Support on top menu above) and send it in for Midas to have a go-over during this lock-down. When it is out of warranty, many pro console refurbishers use contact cleaner such as DeOxit D5 to clean dirty pots. But you need to know how to use it correctly.
      • December 5, 2020
  • LyTran
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-14

I am looking for a way to interface with Thunderbolt 3 from UAD Luna recording software running on Mac Mini and stack of UAD hardware (2 Apollo x8p and 1 MKII) from Midas M32R. The objective is doing live recording using Luna and using UAD plug-ins for live performance. 

Would greatly appreciate any pointers for this set-up. Due to the distance of the set-up of two stations (M32R and UAD equipment are not co-located), the long ADAT run is not feasible (more than 15'). 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 219
  • DwayneAasberg
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-19

On a normal M32 snippets can be imported/exported from/to the console and USB by pressing Utility while in the Show Control window.  How does one accomplish the same task on an M32C?  The M32-Edit software ony shows import/export for the PC side of M32-Edit, not the console side.

BTW - what is the correct way to refer to the two versions of Show Control files in M32-Edit - you know - PC based on the left, and console based on the right?

Thx all.  Dwayne A

read more...
    0 209
    • DwayneAasberg
      GaryHiggins I checked my M32 and Core (connected to both) and using Edit, neither one can import/export snippets from the usb side, only the computer side. I think this means using Edit you have to save or import/export to the computer side first then save it to a usb stick.
      • October 19, 2020
    • DwayneAasberg
      DwayneAasberg Thx for the cross check, Gary.
      I have created some very explicit snippets using Paul V's tools and need to move those to the M32C.
      I agree it's possible to save them on the computer side of M32-Edit, but that work process requires the snippets be installed on every PC that could connect to the console - a bit of logistic dancing I was hoping to sidestep.
      • October 19, 2020
    • DwayneAasberg
      DavidKnighton Hello Dwayne Aasberg,
      On the M32C, you must load your entire show file from the front panel USB stick. Once the show file is loaded, you can launch scenes/snippets at will from within that show file.
      • October 19, 2020
      • Import snippets to M32C
        Paul_Vannatto Thanks Gary for that confirmation. I was just reading the revision history and found a mention of importing presets/shows being fixed.
        • October 19, 2020
  • New
    jbsounds
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-14

Hey,

We've got a Midas Pro2 at our FOH position for our theater and a DL251 on stage. I want to integrate the DP48s into this system for when we are doing musicals and have our orchestras present, what is the best way to do this?

0 208
    • jbsounds
      GaryHiggins I'm speaking out of place here as I only wish I had a Pro2...or a DL251 :-) ...that said the DP48's only run on 44/48k clock so you would need to be able to do that with the Pro2, it may be able I don't know. Second the DL251 can't do pass thru that I am aware so you would probably need to have the option of a dedicated aes50 line to the DP48's. I don't think the DL251- even though the DP48's (edit: and Hub4) DO have a thru port-can receive from the DP48 (edit: or Hub4) either. if it can that would be a way to do it. If the Pro2 has a second (not redundant) aes50 line then that would probably be the best way to connect the DP's. On the Midas M32 for instance you have 2 ports so you could dedicate a line just for the DP48 if you wanted. My 2 cents, someone who knows the Pro2 in and out may be able to better direct you.
      • November 13, 2020
    • jbsounds
      DanielPaine Hi Joe.

In short, currently the only way to convert the Pro Series to DP48 is to downsample to 48kHz using a KT-AES50 CM-1 card with either a KT DN9650 or Neutron (for the Pro X). Unfortunately the DP connection can not pass through Pro series stage box connections (Like M32 Series). So you would have to run another AES50 line from a DN9650 connected to the console.

A couple of things to note: Once the signal is converted from 96 to 48kHz you can still use the Hub 4 to distribute the DP48's and also daisy chain.
      The Pro Series software does not allow the transmission of name/groups etc. This would have to be done by the Master DP48 which can be broadcast to all slave devices.

Connection to Pro series and HD has been highly requested, so the idea of a Pro compatible Hub is being discussed. I'm afraid I can't comment on the timing of this concept. The KT-AES50 card in a DN9650 is the solution for now. Hope this helps
      • November 17, 2020
      • Midas Pro2 FOH, DL251 on stage, want to add HUB4 and DP48
        jbsounds Let's supposed I had a DN9650 with a KTDante64 card installed... If I'm only running two AES50 cables from the Pro2 to the DN9650, could I use the AES50 3 port on the DN9650 to run AES50 at 48k to the HUB4?
        • December 1, 2020
      • Midas Pro2 FOH, DL251 on stage, want to add HUB4 and DP48
        DanielPaine In theory yes because the Dante card can route/loop the signal back through the AES50 ports. There are some caveats: 64 channels of CM-1/Dante are mapped over the 3 AES50 ports: 1-24,25-48 & 49-64 irrespective of the sample rate of aes50 (i.e. at 48 or 96khz port 1 & 2 each handle 24ch. Port 3 handles 16). This means you can only access 16 channels on port 3 for DP48 connection. I'm also unable to 100% confirm that this works because of clock settings... But I can confirm that I have successfully played back 16ch from dante to 2 x Pro Series consoles and 1 x M32 suggesting it does work. I just can't remember the settings. sorry. Hope this helps though
        • ·
        • December 2, 2020
    • jbsounds
      DanielPaine I noticed you also posted the same question in a different space in the community. Nigel made an interesting suggest of a M32C or X32C with dante card. You could take the DN9650 and Dante to connect to a dante card of the M32/X32. This gives the benefit of not only providing 2 aes50 ports for DP48 connection, but you can use the m32 edit to do track names/groups (which you can push to DP48 devices). On top of this you can do additional processing like EQ and FX. freeing up dsp on your pro 2 for just foh
      • December 2, 2020
  • Jmusinc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

Hello,

We just set up a new M32. EQ'd all instruments and vocals and everyting sounded great. The scene was then saved with all of the scene safes engaged (mistake.) The scene was then reloaded with all scene safes engaged (mistake.) It now sounds terrible like all of the EQ settings were lost. However, when you go to the EQ view for each channel, it appears that all of the EQ adjustments are still there. We have reloaded the scenes multiple times without scene safes engaged with no new result. Any suggestions?

Thanks

read more...
    0 207
    • Jmusinc
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jeff, safes only restrict the loading of particular sections (that are enabled). When scenes are saved, it saves (almost) all console settings (except some settings on the Setup first 4 screens). That means the EQ's of all channels will have been saved in the scene. Make sure all safes are disabled, including on scene, param safe and chan safe screens before loading the scene. If you want to see what settings were saved in the scene, export it (using the Utility button) and have a look at it with a text editor or Scene Parser (https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32sceneparser/).
      • October 23, 2020
      • Midas M32 - EQ not engaging - Scene Safe issue?
        Jmusinc Hi Paul, I used your Scene Parser and it looks like everything did save in the scene (thank you for that.) That's good news but I am still at a loss for why the mix now sounds the way that it does.
        • October 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Is it actually the scene you saved immediately after fine tuning to the great sound you are expecting? Did it get overwritten somehow by accident? If not, do you have any external processor (EQ, crossover, etc.) that might have changed? One thing you could do is to save your scene file to the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share the link here. That way one of us could have a look and better advise.
        • October 23, 2020
    • Jmusinc
      Jmusinc Thanks Paul. I'll take a look at that.
      • October 23, 2020
        RaoulBerman Since you confirmed that the EQ settings did indeed get included in the saved scene, is it possible they are present on each channel, but maybe the whole EQ section is not on for each channel? Is the orange EQ button lit up on the console surface? When you're looking at channel EQ info on the M32's screen, is it orange or grey? Grey would indicate that the whole EQ for that channel is just off. Just a thought.
        • October 29, 2020
  • New
    davideduarte
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-06-11

Hi,

I have an M32 with a dead fader. After reaching Midas support and since the product was bought online (Thomann.de) in a different country (I'm in Portugal), I was informed to request the support through Thomann, which I did.

Just got the answer saying that Thomann only offers a 3y warranty and since it was bought in 2016, they cannot do anything.

So before going into a possible endless ping pong, has anyone faced a similar situation? 

Cheers, 

Davide

read more...
    0 205
    • davideduarte
      GaryHiggins Midas M32 is under 10 year warranty, a dealer can't just arbitrarily shorten it by 7 years. You should still be covered till 2026! I would start the ping pong myself. Call them and be VERY insistent. Better yet MAYBE use the support link above and create a repair ticket.
      • June 12, 2021
  • New
    lochsa4
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-05-08

We use a public school's router to access the internet through ethernet. Before the school's router will assign an ip address to devices, an SSL certificate must be installed from the Securly website on each device.  For laptops, it's as simple as navigating to the Securly website where it automatically installs. Is it possible to accomplish this on an M32 Live? Without this step the M32 can't connect to the school's network/internet. Thanks!

read more...
    0 192
    • lochsa4
      Paul_Vannatto The M32 (and X32) acts as an OSC server using ethernet (UDP) to connect to client apps and cannot install SSL certificates. It would be better to use a separate router for the apps that is not connected to the internet.
      • May 7, 2021
      • SSL certificate solution needed
        lochsa4 Hey Paul, if I installed a Dante X32 expansion card do you think my M32 console could be identified over the school's network or is it still the same issue? Thanks for expertise!
        • May 10, 2021
    • lochsa4
      Paul_Vannatto If you want to connect to the M32 to control it, no the X-Dante card will not work. It is for passing (32x32) audio only between devices (eg. M32, PC's, etc).
      • May 10, 2021
  • New
    rwpotter
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

As a keyboard player who is also running the monitor and FOH mixes.  I'm looking for an easy way to turn the vocal effects OFF while the lead singer is speaking, and ON while he is singing.  Can I map this to a button on my keyboard or to a footswitch somehow?  I see that the MR18 has a midi IN and OUT but I am uncertain how to obtain the desired mapping.  

read more...
    0 184
  • New
    dragosjustin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-08

Hi, I have a Hub4 that I am trying to integrate into my M32 & DL32 system. As far as my understanding I should be able to set it up to pass-through audio from my DL32 to the Hub4 then to the M32. While still having control of the DL32 from the M32. So as far as connections go I have it (M32 AES50 A) to (Hub4 Sync Master) and from (Hub4 Thru) to (DL32 AES50 A). With this setup I cannot see the DL32, cannot control the inputs and no audio from the inputs even though everything has green LED indicators. I can see the Hub4 on my M32 but nothing past it. Everything has been updated to the latest firmwares that are available on Midas' website under software.

read more...
    1 183
    • dragosjustin
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure none of the Ports (1-4) buttons are enabled
      (see routing document under Documents on right side)
      https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DM1
      • March 7, 2021
    • dragosjustin
      joshtew

Just found out the hard way that the PORT 1-4 AES 1-32 cannot be active when connecting a DL16/DL32 to Hub 4 Thru port.

The stage boxe can not be detected by M32R when that button is on and the Hub4 User Guide and Routing diagram doesn't present this information clear enough.... my colleagues spent a whole day trying to figure out why the DL16 is not being detected.

Thanks to Paul's reply above, I tried deactivating that button (which seems to be turned on by default) and DL16 appeared in the mixer's routing screen....

• May 27, 2021
Go to page