Statistics

289,868 members
172,434 posts
  • KarlMarz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-21

I think most mixers allow you to mute a channel in an Aux bus independent of the main mix.  The MR18 seems to have it's mutes coupled together.  When the mute button is used in either the main or aux busses (with the exception of the master slider of either), it carries that change through all of the buses.  Is there anyway to decouple this feature and have independent control of the mute function?  I understand that muting on the main mix layer should carry through to all aux mixes.  But sometimes, we need to mute a channel on an aux bus without having it mute the same channel on the main bus.  Suggestions? Thanks!

read more...
    0 156
    • KarlMarz
      Paul_Vannatto No, there is no way of "decoupling" the mute feature. But there is a workaround. Assign a DCA to the various channels and mute the DCA. As long as the channel sends (to buses) taps are not post fader or subgroup, the DCA mutes will not affect the sends to the buses.
      • July 21, 2020
  • New
    RichHartfield
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-27

Hi. I’m having trouble diagnosing a really strange fault.

My setup:

M32r connected to DL32 via aes50A ports. All inputs on the DL32 arrive on the correct channels on the M32. But channels 17-24 are behaving strangely. Sometimes when I switch phantom power on or off on one of these channels, it can cause a surge through some of the other surrounding channels between 17-24, disrupting their gain permanently, and turning off their phantom power. Sometimes when I turn phantom power on or off on one of these channels, it doesn’t even get a response from the dl32. Turning up the gain knob on channel 24 on the desk, also caused the surrounding channels to take a dramatic drop in signal level and lose phantom power.

I’ve factory reset the console, and updated it to the latest firmware. I’ve also tried different cat5 cables.

Any ideas? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

read more...
    0 154
    • RichHartfield
      Paul_Vannatto Are the firmware of both M32R and DL32 up to date? Is the AES50 synchronisation solid green between the console and stagebox?
      • November 27, 2021
  • New
    Marcus73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-24

I have started using DP48 for my M32 mixer with DL32 stagebox. On DL32 I connect M32 on AES50-A and HUB4 with DP48 on AES50-B. This means that I have ch 1-32 from DL32 goes to 1-32 on DP48 and I can send 16 channels from M32 to DP48 via the last 16 channels. The problem I have is that when I set DP48 from the table, all channels are set correctly in the groups but the text is moved 16 channels up. If I program ex kick drum on channel 1 and on group 1, it ends up on group 1 but the text kick drum comes on channel 17 on DP48.

read more...
    0 154
    • Marcus73
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Marcus, it is because the routing assignments to the AES50 B is incorrect. I would suggest you export your scene to a file and save it to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and provide the shared link in your next post. That way we will be able to look at your routing setup (using M32-Edit) and better advise.
      • March 24, 2021
      • Problem M32 and DP48
        Marcus73 Hello Paul. The problem comes when I use the AES50B from DL32. When I use the AES50B from the table, it gets right. But then I take the signals from the DL32 that enter the AES50A and send on to the AES50B. I will send the file in the link. /// Marcus https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApgXFzba6huWtkldbslIttF2d3cm?e=oDfttl
        • March 25, 2021
    • Marcus73
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Marcus, if the routing works connected to the console, but not when connected to the DL32 B port, it probably means that the DL32 is seeing the DP48 as a console. There are 2 modes of the DL32 B port (see pages 10-11 in QSG) and the DL32 automatically switches, depending on whether it thinks that a stagebox is connected or a console. The AES50 outputs out the B port with a console connected are the DL32 inputs, not what is passed through from the A port. It would be better to get a Hub4 and connect M32 <> Hub4 <> DL32 and connect the DP48 to one of the 4 ports of the Hub4.
      • March 25, 2021
      • Problem M32 and DP48
        Marcus73 The solution you have When you go from M32 to HUB4 to DL32, the switch on HUB4 drops if the line out is to be from FOH or DP48. Because in your solution you have to take CH1 to 32 from DL32 and send to HUB4 on channel 17-48. On CH 1-16 you have the mix buses that will send a signal to the line out on DL32.

In the configuration that you suggest, channels 1 to 32 from DL32 will end up on channels 17 to 48 on DP48. This is what causes line out from HUB4 to lose its function to be able to have line signal to inea or sidefill from FOH on those outputs. For it to work, you must either run an AES50 signal from the B output from the mixer or run from the B output from the DL32.

But when I run from the B output from DL32 it will be wrong in the channel text it will be moved 16 channels up if I do not program it on the AES50-B output from the mixer and hope that it does not DP48 forget the settings when you move it to stage or if you need to add any channel to DP48.
        • March 26, 2021
      • Problem M32 and DP48
        Paul_Vannatto If you connect FOH <> Hub4 <> DL32 and assign the first 2 AES50 banks (1-16) for the DL32 and the rest (banks 3-6, ie 17-48) for the DP48, the DL32 will get the desired signals for its outputs (1-16) and you can select the desired channels (from AES50 17-48) for the 12 groups on the DP48. I've configured my setup this way many times without any issue and I've been using the Hub4/DP48 since June 2019 (as a beta tester).
        • March 26, 2021
      • Problem M32 and DP48
        Marcus73 I'm out on some fixed installations and on those where they have two DL16 so I can use the B output on the last DL16 and send to HUB4 and then on to DP48 But in the places where they use DL32 it does not work. One reason why I want the function to transmit from AES50 B from DL32 is that there is a fixed cable from mixer to DL32 that is not on stage but in a room next door. This allows me to run a long cable between the technology room to the stage and then back to the technology room. If you can link further like DL16 or that you can get the 32 channels from DL32, it saves unnecessarily long wiring that can cause problems.
        • March 31, 2021
  • dgstudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-20

Hello,

I use the Midas MR18 primarily as a recording interface through USB. This works great. However, I have a few external outboard compressor I'd like to use when mixing. What would be the easiest way to set this up? And do the AUX outputs on the MR18 posess enough quality to not degrade the signal too much?

Best regards!

read more...
    0 151
    • dgstudio
      RexBeckett There is really only one way to use external effects with the M/X-Air mixers: Send the dry signals through Aux outputs and bring the returns back through spare channels. Depending on the effect, it may be necessary to remove the original (dry) channel from the Main mix by clicking on the LR button on the channel's Main tab.

The Aux outputs on the MR18 are to the same spec as the Main outputs so good quality. The signals will be subject to the additional D/A and A/D conversions in the mixer as well as any in the external effects, though. This could potentially degrade the signals and will add a small amount of latency (approx 0.8ms for the mixer input to output).
      • March 20, 2021
  • New
    zoleeon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-08

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a physical control suface for my MR12. If you have some recommendation please send them to me. I am using the MR12 for a 4 keyboard rig, and the need for physical surface is to control volumes, mutes, and probably  to be able to change snapshots. I am thinking of BCF2000, or Fadefox EC4, or evolution 33. 

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

read more...
    0 144
    • zoleeon
      KyleJohnson Hi Zoltan, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I recommend you look at the Behringer X-TOUCH. It can run XCTL protocol which is the protocol that the M Air mixers use.
      • December 8, 2020
      • Midas MR12 physical control surface
        zoleeon Thanks Kyle! I'll check the X-touch.
        • December 8, 2020
  • seanmd1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-22

hi, I install my new brant MIDAS 32 R on my pc, I have correctly connect the USB cable and parameters as well. In cubase 11 and studio one when i want changed pilote asio to DN 32 i have the message " no device is connect to pc. It work with Windows 10 recent upgrade. I cannot work with my daw.

Thanks you for your support . Regards Dan

read more...
    0 143
    • seanmd1
      RexBeckett Hi Dan, did you install the correct driver on your PC? The DN32-USB and DN32-Live cards use different drivers. If so, try a different USB cable and/or PC USB port. If possible, use a USB 2.0 port and connect directly, not through a USB hub.
      • March 22, 2021
  • New
    micdim
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-02-14

On my Mac Pro 5,1 2012 w/Mojve 10.14.6, the newest version of the Midas MR 18 is very slow starting up. I've included an .mp4 showing version 1.6 first, then the much faster version 1.5 second.

Anyone have any toughts on this. It's very annoying and makes no sense to have this happen after a long waited update.

Thank everyone!

read more...
    0 141
    • micdim
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I have sent your report along to our software team and will be back in touch with you via email.
      • February 14, 2021
  • New
    Kmorgan1251
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-05

My Midas Pro2 starts to boot up, all the buttons light up but the monitor display does not come on. The buttons stay lit for about 20 seconds, the there go out and the console does not boot up. The lights on the power supplies in the back of the console are green. What else can I check?

read more...
    0 136
    • Kmorgan1251
      Nigel67 Hi kmorgan1251. This is the MC not starting up. It is probably caused by the BIOS battery voltage dropping below 3.00 volts. The battery may need replacing. With the power switched on, try pressing the MC reset switch in the rear of the frame by the power supply and see if this starts up the console. Even if it does, you will still need the BIOS battery changing. Can you submit a Technical Support ticket and we will then be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • September 5, 2021
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-24

I have searched the internet to find uses for the HUB4, as it's just advertised as part of an IEM system if you use a DP48. If you have a DP48 with an X32/ Wing etc... why would you need one? What could it do for you apart from save you using the Power Supply that comes with the DP48.

it seems that the HUB4 is just a very expensive power supply for your DP48's. ?‍♂️

read more...
    0 134
    • andyp13
      RexBeckett Hi Andy, the Hub4 does a bit more than supply PoE to DP48s. See the product page for details: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DM1
      • January 24, 2021
      • HUB4 - a very expensive Power Supply
        andyp13 Thanks for the reply, that link just confirmed my thoughts, it’s an overpriced power supply for the DP48. I think a more realistic price should be about £199 max... it’s not needed to connect stageboxes when a stage box can connect directly to source without putting the HUB4 in between - unless of course you want it to supply power to it ?. A more realistic price needs to be considered.
        • January 24, 2021
    • andyp13
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andy, that is not totally accurate. There are a number of routing options also available with the Hub4. It is particular useful when using wireless IEM's where typically the receivers are all housed in a flightcase. Adding a Hub4 (for up to 4 DP48), the DP48 outputs can be routed to the outputs on the back of the Hub4, which can then be connected to the wireless receivers. Another option is a StageConnect port to connect the new stageboxes, etc. (coming soon) that uses this new protocol.

Yes the price is a bit high. But it is a Midas product, not a Behringer product (and there is a difference).
      • January 24, 2021
        andyp13 It’s a real shame they have overpriced them, £500 is a lot of money to power your DP48 or use a mic cable instead of an Ethernet cable. I really fancied one as I have a DP48, but not at that price ☹️. The PD-16 powers 8 P16’s for £120, so £199 is a fair price for a very similar product under a different name don’t you think.... hopefully I will pick one up in a few years for a time for a realistic price when they can’t sell them. Thanks for the reply Paul, stay safe.
        • January 24, 2021
        DavidKnighton Hello andyp13,
        You're comparing apples to oranges in this scenario. The P16-D distributes Ultranet, which is a 16 channel digital audio over ethernet single direction protocol. The HUB4 distributes AES50, which is a 48 channel digital audio over ethernet, bi-directional protocol. Comparing the two side by side is like comparing a moped to a Harley Davidson. The HUB4 offers great versatility in environments where you want a clean setup. Imagine a tour where all you need is 1 ethernet cable to set up the DP48. Without the HUB4, you'd need to run power to the DP48, plus 2-4 additional XLR lines to return the signal to an IEM rack, plus the ethernet cable. You can imagine this creates quite a cable mess very quickly. The HUB4 has the potential to alleviate all that, and for touring professionals, the less cable clutter on stage, the better. To me, it sounds like what you're really after is a PoE injector. The HUB4 does way more than that, so if that's all you need of it, then it's not the right solution for you. Better to just use the included power supply that comes with the DP48.
        • January 25, 2021
        andyp13 Hi DavidKnighton, sorry but you are mistaken, the DP48 returns the stereo mix (in fact up to two stereo mix) back down the ethernet cable (connected via AES50), so no more extra cables are needed wether you used a HUB4 or not, you still would need cables to connect to your IEM system, they would be from your desk to the IEM brain or from the HUB4 to the IEM brain. The DP48 is powered via its Power supply or the HUB4 if you use one...so as you can see I’m comparing apples to apples. And I stand by the statement that the HUB4 is just a grossly overpriced power supply for the DP48, worth half of what is being asked, I’m sure the price will drop to what it’s really worth when they don’t sell ?.
        • January 25, 2021
  • filo1465
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-25

I have a Pro 2/DL231 issue.

The system setup is: FoH Pro2 and a monitor Pro 2. The FoH P2 is connected to the AES50 A X port and the Monitor board is connected via the AES50 B X port.

The Problem: I just did a firmware update on the entire system and it all updated without a problem. However, the monitor board is having issues with the DLs. Please see the attached picture.  It is still passing audio even with this issue but the red status light is keeping me up at night knowing this system has to be used in two days...  

Maybe the firmware changed some DL Settings? 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 133
    • filo1465
      Nigel67 Hi Adam. i think that I replied to you on one of the Forums that you posted on. It looks as though you have set up the DL231 to be controlled on the A mic amps, however if you look at the unconfigured they appear to be set up for the B mic amps. If your FOH is working correctly, then it could be a setting on the Mon console. As a quick check, if you go to the Home - Preferences - General page on your console, and at the top of the page in the middle will be your Microphone A or B option. Select B and see if the DL231 then go green. If they do, then the setting was incorrect. If they stay red, then get back to me and we can look further into the problem.
      • September 27, 2020
      • Pro 2 & DL231 Update caused connection issue
        Nigel67 After an update, everything will reset itself to default and the default is the Mic A control.
        • September 27, 2020
        DavidKnighton I believe this gentleman submitted a CARE ticket and we came to the conclusion that his monitor desk was set to Mic A Inputs. Switched to B inputs and all is well once more
        • ·
        • September 28, 2020
        Nigel67 I made a mistake in one of the last sentences. Doesn't read correctly. But yes, that is what the diagnostics are showing.
        • September 29, 2020
Go to page