Statistics

294,412 members
177,514 posts
  • New
    zoleeon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-08

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a physical control suface for my MR12. If you have some recommendation please send them to me. I am using the MR12 for a 4 keyboard rig, and the need for physical surface is to control volumes, mutes, and probably  to be able to change snapshots. I am thinking of BCF2000, or Fadefox EC4, or evolution 33. 

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

read more...
    0 149
    • zoleeon
      KyleJohnson Hi Zoltan, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I recommend you look at the Behringer X-TOUCH. It can run XCTL protocol which is the protocol that the M Air mixers use.
      • December 8, 2020
      • Midas MR12 physical control surface
        zoleeon Thanks Kyle! I'll check the X-touch.
        • December 8, 2020
  • Asullivan1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-27
    I’m having trouble getting a claim ticket filled out for repair on my MR 18. Both right and left main Have quit working or if they do work will go out in the middle of a service have been having to use for outside services at church. When both went out I plug the main speaker in auxiliary three to finish service so I don’t have problem with chords or speakers. Auxiliary one is running monitors good . Auxiliary to we are running Facebook live with no problem
    read more...
    0 148
    • Asullivan1
      RexBeckett Make sure that all the fields in your profile are filled-in. Missing or invalid data in the profile can cause Care ticket submission to fail. It has been discovered that an empty Title field (Mr, Ms, etc) can cause ticket submission failure - even though it is not marked as required.

There are clearly still many problems with this site and these could be affecting the Care ticket system. You may need to retry submission a few times.
      • June 28, 2020
    • Asullivan1
      Nigel67 Hi William Sullivan, did you manage to submit a Care ticket? It should be possible now. If not please let me know and I will try to help you further.
      • June 29, 2020
      • MR18
        Asullivan1 No I still have not been able to
        • June 29, 2020
      • MR18
        Asullivan1 No I still have not been able to
        • June 29, 2020
    • Asullivan1
      Nigel67 Hi William, I have just seen your case in our system. I see you are in the USA and my colleague David has replied to you. I am very sorry for the inconvenience of the past days, but we were moving all data to new servers and it unfortunately took a little longer than expected.
      • June 30, 2020
    • Asullivan1
      Asullivan1 Thank you for your help hopefully will be able to get this repaired or replaced it’s very vital for the way we are having to do our church services. You said David has replied to me But I’ve not seen anything
      • July 1, 2020
      • MR18
        Nigel67 Hi William, this would be a really strange set of circumstances if this wasn't you as there is another William Sullivan asking about a repair to his MR18 in our system and he has been replying. Is your e-mail address [email protected]? if not can you give me the case number you were given and I will check it out. Many thanks
        • July 2, 2020
      • MR18
        Asullivan1 Yes Mr. Turner it may be me I was contacted yesterday from technical service asking for more information when I tried to send it to the email they had given me it has been closed said for me to create a newService request. I don’t know if all my information is on my profile or not because I can’t get to it I would appreciate help getting my unit repaired thank you
        • July 2, 2020
  • New
    Kmorgan1251
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-05

My Midas Pro2 starts to boot up, all the buttons light up but the monitor display does not come on. The buttons stay lit for about 20 seconds, the there go out and the console does not boot up. The lights on the power supplies in the back of the console are green. What else can I check?

read more...
    0 146
    • Kmorgan1251
      Nigel67 Hi kmorgan1251. This is the MC not starting up. It is probably caused by the BIOS battery voltage dropping below 3.00 volts. The battery may need replacing. With the power switched on, try pressing the MC reset switch in the rear of the frame by the power supply and see if this starts up the console. Even if it does, you will still need the BIOS battery changing. Can you submit a Technical Support ticket and we will then be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • September 5, 2021
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-24

I have searched the internet to find uses for the HUB4, as it's just advertised as part of an IEM system if you use a DP48. If you have a DP48 with an X32/ Wing etc... why would you need one? What could it do for you apart from save you using the Power Supply that comes with the DP48.

it seems that the HUB4 is just a very expensive power supply for your DP48's. ?‍♂️

read more...
    0 144
    • andyp13
      RexBeckett Hi Andy, the Hub4 does a bit more than supply PoE to DP48s. See the product page for details: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DM1
      • January 24, 2021
      • HUB4 - a very expensive Power Supply
        andyp13 Thanks for the reply, that link just confirmed my thoughts, it’s an overpriced power supply for the DP48. I think a more realistic price should be about £199 max... it’s not needed to connect stageboxes when a stage box can connect directly to source without putting the HUB4 in between - unless of course you want it to supply power to it ?. A more realistic price needs to be considered.
        • January 24, 2021
    • andyp13
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andy, that is not totally accurate. There are a number of routing options also available with the Hub4. It is particular useful when using wireless IEM's where typically the receivers are all housed in a flightcase. Adding a Hub4 (for up to 4 DP48), the DP48 outputs can be routed to the outputs on the back of the Hub4, which can then be connected to the wireless receivers. Another option is a StageConnect port to connect the new stageboxes, etc. (coming soon) that uses this new protocol.

Yes the price is a bit high. But it is a Midas product, not a Behringer product (and there is a difference).
      • January 24, 2021
        andyp13 It’s a real shame they have overpriced them, £500 is a lot of money to power your DP48 or use a mic cable instead of an Ethernet cable. I really fancied one as I have a DP48, but not at that price ☹️. The PD-16 powers 8 P16’s for £120, so £199 is a fair price for a very similar product under a different name don’t you think.... hopefully I will pick one up in a few years for a time for a realistic price when they can’t sell them. Thanks for the reply Paul, stay safe.
        • January 24, 2021
        DavidKnighton Hello andyp13,
        You're comparing apples to oranges in this scenario. The P16-D distributes Ultranet, which is a 16 channel digital audio over ethernet single direction protocol. The HUB4 distributes AES50, which is a 48 channel digital audio over ethernet, bi-directional protocol. Comparing the two side by side is like comparing a moped to a Harley Davidson. The HUB4 offers great versatility in environments where you want a clean setup. Imagine a tour where all you need is 1 ethernet cable to set up the DP48. Without the HUB4, you'd need to run power to the DP48, plus 2-4 additional XLR lines to return the signal to an IEM rack, plus the ethernet cable. You can imagine this creates quite a cable mess very quickly. The HUB4 has the potential to alleviate all that, and for touring professionals, the less cable clutter on stage, the better. To me, it sounds like what you're really after is a PoE injector. The HUB4 does way more than that, so if that's all you need of it, then it's not the right solution for you. Better to just use the included power supply that comes with the DP48.
        • January 25, 2021
        andyp13 Hi DavidKnighton, sorry but you are mistaken, the DP48 returns the stereo mix (in fact up to two stereo mix) back down the ethernet cable (connected via AES50), so no more extra cables are needed wether you used a HUB4 or not, you still would need cables to connect to your IEM system, they would be from your desk to the IEM brain or from the HUB4 to the IEM brain. The DP48 is powered via its Power supply or the HUB4 if you use one...so as you can see I’m comparing apples to apples. And I stand by the statement that the HUB4 is just a grossly overpriced power supply for the DP48, worth half of what is being asked, I’m sure the price will drop to what it’s really worth when they don’t sell ?.
        • January 25, 2021
  • New
    micdim
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-02-14

On my Mac Pro 5,1 2012 w/Mojve 10.14.6, the newest version of the Midas MR 18 is very slow starting up. I've included an .mp4 showing version 1.6 first, then the much faster version 1.5 second.

Anyone have any toughts on this. It's very annoying and makes no sense to have this happen after a long waited update.

Thank everyone!

read more...
    0 143
    • micdim
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I have sent your report along to our software team and will be back in touch with you via email.
      • February 14, 2021
  • Indiana
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-03

Ok so I'm running a Behringer Wing console with 4 DP48's. Been running like this for a few months now with no issues. I'm running my inputs/outputs to the DP48's over AES50-C. I'm powering the DP48's with a POE injector mounted in our rack behind stage, injecting power in between each unit. This has been working great. And then taking the mix signals from the DP48's and sending those to our stagebox and then outputs to the wireless transmitters. 

So today I wanted to hook up a 5th DP48 at FOH to remote control the 4 other DP48's. So I put it inline on AES50-C and everything was working as it has been, other than my inputs back moving by 8 since I added an mixer before the others. No big deal. 

Here is where I'm hung up. When I set the FOH DP48 to remote and then go to the next DP48 and set it to Remote, it would not fully connect. The FOH DP48 would every once in awhile show connected but only for a second, then it would lose it. Then it might come back. The second DP48 would never show connected. 

Ok so for a test I put two DP48's right next to the wing with short 3ft cables. I got them to connect now, but it was random. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it would not. When they were connected, if I powered them off, then back on, they would lose the connect and the Remote mode would be turned off. 

Can anyone help me out on this? I'm running version 1.5 firmware on all the DP48's. Cable is Cat5e shielded with Ethercon ends. Again no issues with the audio inputs and outputs from the DP48. Only noticed and issue when trying to use the Remote control mode. 

read more...
    0 143
    • Indiana
      Indiana Figured out this is a firmware issue and will be resolved in the next firmware release.
      • October 11, 2020
  • New
    joshdrums
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-24

Hi dear music-lovers,

me and my band are currently using a mr18 for our rehearsals and are very happy with it (easy mixing, monitor setup and recording if wanted...). So yesterday i was chatting with a FOH engineer who is into Behringer tech and we came across the Ultranet feature of the mixers. We had the idea to use the MR18 as a stagebox (for monitor mix only), so the band has the monitor setup in our hands only, and the FOH tech has nothing to do with it. So we would be able to record live shows, if the FOH tech is too lazy or something and could use our presets from the rehearsals as a bese-setting.

Today i searched for the needed settings, but wasnt able to find an "Ultranet In" option in the Routing menu of the MR18. Also there is nothing to find in the manual and elsewhere. I know that the Ultranet feature of the MR18 is thought to be used with the personal stage monitors P16 or so, and that we are able to simply use the features of the FOH mixer, but i find the idea very interesting for myself...

In short: FOH mixer(eg. X32) sends available chanels via Ultranet to MR18, MR18 uses Ultranet as input. Is that possible? Are there other possibilities where we as band are flexible and independet in an similar way?

Thanks for your replies or suggestions :)  

read more...
    0 140
    • joshdrums
      Paul_Vannatto Ultranet on both X32/M32 and X-Air/M-Air consoles are output only. Only the P16 and some Turbosound speakers (eg. iQ10, etc.) have input ports. So what you are wanting to do is not currently possible with the XR18/MR18. An alternative is to upgrade to an X32 Rack.
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      joshdrums Thanks for your Reply. I see that this feature is something for the professional productline. But hopefully there is something in the making to bring this to the smaller products. For my understanding this could be added to the Firmware, maybe that someone could switch the port between Input/Output. But maybe the feature is not wanted in the product.
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      JemPot I'm brand new here but am in a similar environment (XR18, band, Rehearsal monitors, in ears etc).
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      JemPot I thought the app was able to take care of in ear or monitor bus requirements anyway? Or am I off on a tangent?
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      joshdrums

@JemPot yeah you are a bit off. The Mr18 stand-alone works just fine With all its features and the App. Im looking for a Solution in a live environment where i have the signal of the instruments in my mr18 and in the FOH Mixer. Therefor i thought about the behringer ultranet, Bit this seems not to be possible

• October 24, 2021
  • Johnferg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-15
    Hi all. I would like to output a mix bus on my church's M32 to an iPad for streaming. I took over the audio tech role and found that the iPad is currently connected by way of an XLR to TRRS cable. The signal is massively overdriven and has sounded like garbage ever since it was hooked up and we started live streaming. I think there may be a balanced/unbalance connection mismatch or maybe an impedance mismatch. Even when lowering the output level considerably there is a lot of noise and distortion. The VU meter on the iPad looks fine though. I can monitor this mix bus through headphones plugged into the board and it sounds great. There are a few ways I am thinking of doing this: 1. Card out USB type B to lightning cable. If I just send one mix bus to the card, maybe the iPad will recognize this as a class compliant audio source. 2. XLR to some kind of audio interface such as "iRig Pro Duo". Seems like overkill for what I am trying to accomplish but would buy if this would work. 3. Attenuator cable such as "Headset Buddy" to lower signal strength. 4. RCA to TRRS cable. Theorizing the lower output level and unbalanced signal produce better results. This seems like such a simple task but I am a novice and there are many different options available. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    read more...
    0 140
    • Johnferg
      DaveMorrison Solution #1 is your best bet. Get Apple's Camera Connection Kit. Most Apps will receive audio on USB channels 1-2. Some Apps can do multi-channel audio.
      If you use any analog output, you'll need a level matching interface. The +4dbV will overdrive the iPad's -10 dBu audio in. In the old days, I could never record from the FOH mixers output into a consumer cassette recorder (without a lot of distortion).
      • June 14, 2020
      • Best way to get audio from M32 to iPad for streaming
        Johnferg Thanks very much for the help, Dave. I just bought it. The digital signal should produce great results and this is a very inexpensive solution. Much appreciated!
        • June 14, 2020
  • jchavis2020
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    Our M32 mixer suddenly started producing loud interference noise through the mains and the signal metering lights on channels 9-16 shot up to clipping. We pulled the mains down to save our ears. This lasted for about 20-30 seconds, gradually decreasing in volume after about 15-20 seconds. After this, channels 9-16 were not indicating signal from the band. The instrument playing when it happen was the keyboard. Note: I can route the signal coming into the local inputs 25-32 to channels 9-16 and everything works fine as far as the channels go. However, when I route the signal coming into local inputs 9-16 to channels 25-32 I get nothing. Any thoughts, suggestions...
    read more...
    0 139
    • jchavis2020
      CraigFowler The preamps on the rear of the console are on PCBs of 8. It sounds like there's a hardware issue with the one that does preamps9-16. It could be a loose internal cable, it could be that something is fried. (Unplug any mics first,) and go into the setup>preamps page and see if you can enable +48v on each of those preamps, and see if the red LEDs on the rear of the console illuminate. Try plugging in active DIs into each of the preamps and see if the DI indicates it's receiving +48V. If neither of those things works it's pretty much confirmed a hardware issue.
      • July 18, 2020
    • jchavis2020
      Nigel67 As Craig has mentioned above, it is probably a hardware issue. If none of the 8 inputs are working, one of the rails has possibly failed on that input card. I think that your best option would be to go to the support tab at the top of the page and submit a ticket and we will be able to help you further.
      • July 19, 2020
      • M32 channels 9-16 not working
        jchavis2020 Thank you. I submitted a ticket.
        • ·
        • July 20, 2020
  • New
    kellned52
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-26

I have a audio libary (wave-files 44.1 kHz) on a 8-GB-Usb-Stick (fat32-format). It works well for playback at MR12. then I make a copy 1 to 1 on a 16-GB-Stick (fat32-format). It works well on a WIN10 or Linux-Computer, but on the MR12 I here distorted sound (nearly 1 octav higher and double speed, with interrupts). The directory and meta-datas are shown normaly. The same Problem I have for more than one stick.
    If I copy the files back to an 8-GB-Stick, this stick works well.
    the Firmware and MAir-Edit are actual.

Is 8GB a limit or do I need a special formating for sticks greater then 8 GB?

best regards
    Dieter

read more...
    0 138
    • kellned52
      DavidKnighton Hello kellned52,
      I would suggest you don't copy from stick to stick. Make a master playlist on your computer and then copy the master playlist to each thumb drive individually. Format is FAT32 for all sticks, regardless of capacity. Also, try performing a long format rather than a quick format. Obviously it will take much longer to format use the long format option, but it will ensure all the 1s and 0s are deleted from the previous format. A quick format doesn't quite delete all the 1s and 0s, and is usually ok in most scenarios, but when in doubt, wait it out.
      • May 26, 2021
    • kellned52
      kellned52

Thanks David
      for the answer. I will reformat a stick (no quick format). Then I will copy some songs from the computer file by file to the stick. After the test on the MR12, I'll get back to you. This can take a while as the MR12 is being used at a different location.
      Best regards
      Dieter

• May 27, 2021
    • kellned52
      kellned52

Unfortunately, the procedure described was unsuccessful. Reformatting the stick to block size 4096 analogous to the 8GB stick also had no effect.
      If of interest:
      SanDisk Ultra-Fit ESD-USB 3.0; 16 GB

Best regards
      Dieter

• May 27, 2021
    • kellned52
      KevinMaxwell it sounds like your WAV files and you clock on yourMR12 are not set to the same clock rate. One of them is set to 48k instead of 44.1k
      • May 31, 2021
    • kellned52
      kellned52

@Kevin: That is not the problem. Both sample rates are at 44.1 kHz

• June 1, 2021
      • Distorted sound,  if I use 16-GB-USB-Stick
        KevinMaxwell Have you tried a file comparison utility? Compare the same file on the 2 devices and see if they are really the same.
        • June 1, 2021
Go to page