Statistics

224,033 members
98,292 posts
  • New
    JoseMuoz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-19

Hi! I bought a GoXLR almost a month ago and have been enjoying it so far. I tried out the sampler but can't seem to get it to record anything. The instructions were to just press and hold the button while talking. It does not seem to work. I tried restarting the app and reinstalling it.

Please let me know if ou have any ideas. Thank you.

read more...
    0 449
    • JoseMuoz
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Jose, there are usually 6 causes for the sampler to not record new samples so start with #1 and move on if your issue persists.
      1.) Restart the GOXLR app and GOXLR then try to record a sample again.
      2.) In the routing table of your GOXLR app, uncheck and then recheck mic in the samples row at the bottom then try to record a sample again.
      3.) Go into windows sound settings by searching "Change System Sounds" in your taskbar, go to the recording tab, right click on samples then click properties, navigate to the levels tab and make sure that the slider is at 100 and not muted, then try to record a sample again.
      4.) Disable or add exceptions to the GOXlR documents folder/GOXLR App to any 3rd party Anti-Virus like Avast, Malawarebytes, etc.... avast has been known to keep samples from being created so best to create the exception in others if you are running more than 1
      5.) Close your GOXLR app and keep it closed, navigate to your GOXLR samples folder (by default it is in your documents/GOXLR) if you have samples in that folder make sure to copy the folder somewhere safe, then delete it from the GOXLR folder, restart the GOXLR app and try to record a sample again.
      6.) Try another USB port and repeat.
      Please try all these steps and you will have the sample up and running in no time.
      Thank you
      • December 21, 2020
  • AdmiralLemon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-17

I was streaming and heard a slight static type of pop in my right earbuds. I could only hear out of the left side and only static in the right after that. I replaced my earbuds with my ATH-M50x headphones and got the same result. I rebooted the PC but the issue was still present. I then tried unplugging the GoXLR with the headphones still plugged in. When I plugged the GoXLR back in a horrid squealing noise was present in the right headset. I tried other headsets and got the same issue. Mic quality has not changed and everything else with the GoXLR seems normal.

read more...
    0 265
    • AdmiralLemon
      Nigel67 Hi, unfortunately it looks like your GoXLR has developed a fault in the headphone circuitry and needs repairing. Possibly the headphone amp has gone faulty. Please go to the support tab at the top of the page and fill in a support ticket. Assign it as a Service Support ticket when you get the option in the drop down box. One of my colleagues will then be able to get back to you with repair details.
      • September 17, 2020
      • GoXLR Headphone Jack Input Stopped Working?
        AdmiralLemon OK thank you! I was afraid it was something like that. I sent in a service request.
        • ·
        • September 18, 2020
  • WARPIG
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-10
    The GoXLR app opens then closes? If I don't add power to the GoXLR the app will then stay open.
    0 219
    • WARPIG
      Dale_M Hi there. Our recent server migration revealed a critical bug that caused the app to crash. We were able to work with the PH team who managed to upload the missing files and redirect the URL path. This fixed the crashing bug for everyone on the latest app, however anyone on an older version will need to update using the below link, or they may still experience the crash.

Please use this App installer if you are still experiencing crashing:

http://tc-helicon.com/FirmwareAssets/GOXLR/GoXLR-App-1.2.3.103.zip
      • July 10, 2020
  • JKing
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-21

Recently updated my goxlr driver, but now I can't hear any audio from my PC into my headphones, the interface works, both digitally and physically, I can hear my mic inside the goxlr, but any videos, music programs, etc I can't hear in my headphones. What can I do to fix this?

read more...
    0 206
    • JKing
      AlexLane I suspect you just need to select the GoXLR as the active audio device, click on the sound icon in system tray, click on the text above the volume slider and select it.
      • July 22, 2020
  • New
    Slip
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

I just recently got a new pc and after downloading the software none of the profiles are loading. i tried using one drive and send-anywhere to get them to upload, but nothing works. I cant even create a new profile. I have no idea what the issue is.

read more...
    0 175
    • Slip
      PedroRodrigues Hi Matthew, can you please confirm that you did you save your profile before or know where it was saved before?
      To confirm please go to system -> global settings and see if the files are in that location
      From your description this may be caused by a windows issue.
      As Windows did an update or even if it didn't and for some reason your audio isn't playing where it used to/how it used to.
      Here is our no-screwing-around guide to getting your audio back to how it was before.
      Step 1: Check your Windows Audio Devices.
      One of the most common issues that comes up after a Windows update is that Windows has magically reassigned audio to devices that were previously disabled, or to a different TC-Helicon device. Make sure that the following defaults are set (screenshots below):
      Recording: Chat Mic (TC-Helicon GoXLR) - Default Device & Default Communications Device
      Playback: Chat (TC-Helicon GoXLR) - Default Communications Device | System (TC-Helicon GoXLR - Default Device

It is also crucial to make sure that your levels are set to 100% in Windows and that the audio device itself hasn't been muted by Windows as well.

Step 2: Check the Inputs & Outputs of the individual apps that are having an issue.
      Go into each app and make sure that the input and output is assigned correctly. To be safe, toggle the input/output to another device, save it, and then toggle it back to the correct one. Whenever possible, do not use "Default" and instead use the actual device.

Step 3: If both issues still aren't fixed, double check your Routing Table & Fader assignments.
      If everything seems to be routed properly in Windows, then we want to make sure things are set up correctly in the GoXLR App.
      • Jan 7
  • New
    Truesimon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-18

Hey, so the other day I was rewiring my desk and my goxlr fell to the gound and now the faders dont move when you hit the mute button is this something that can be fixed?

0 133
  • AdamVann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my Go XLR where it skips the startup sequence and just goes straight to everything blue. None of the faders move nor does it light up in the usual rainbow fashion.

Its not detected by my PC either which leads me to think its a Power or USB connectivity issue. I do know its an issue with the GO XLR and not my PC. 

Sometimes when I add power only the 'X' lights up as well.

Ive uploaded a video to show what happens. 

Thanks 

Adam 

read more...
    0 114
    • AdamVann
      PedroRodrigues Hi Adam Vann ,are you connecting the unit directly to your computer via USB 2.0? Are you using the latest version of the GOXLR? Have you updated the GOXLR to the latest firmware? Please follow the link to access all the resources available for your unit https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK
      • September 22, 2020
      • Go XLR Start Up Sequence
        PedroRodrigues Hi Adam can you please send me the case number so I can access what is the stage of this process?
        • September 24, 2020
        AdamVann CAS-140304-H2J3G4
        • September 24, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Adam, I have the case, all the interaction will be via this case. Thank you
        • September 24, 2020
  • New
    Lavirabi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-03

So whenever I log into my account on windows, sometimes goxlr does an update check randomly and it causes my whole computer to freeze. When I mean freeze I mean it stops all audio, and it stops all videos and I can't click on the app to close it. I need to wait there for maybe a whole minute before the computer becomes responsive. Let's say I already froze because it did an update check, it will actually do it again after 5 minutes.

read more...
    0 65
    • Lavirabi
      JasonB81 Hello Alvaro - I would advise you to make a support ticket by clicking the support tab above. I would also try the unit on a couple of other computers to see if there are similar issues. Pleas go ahead and make a ticket and we can dive in further.
      • November 3, 2020
  • New
    Dane16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-27

when i am in the mic setup tab my mic can be heard by other people and then as soon as i hit the ok button to confirm it it cuts off my mic and then no one can hear me anymore. i have already redone the instalation and stuff like that and i have also redone the stuff in the sound settings.

read more...
    0 46
    • Dane16
      PedroRodrigues Hi Dane,can you please confirm that you are you using a 1 x 1/8" TRS, stereo to connect your headphones?
      Are you using a headset? If you are please see the connection diagram below:

Please check the video below that will be very useful on this matter:
      https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw" target="_blank" title="https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw" target="_blank" title="https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw
      I would also suggest uninstalling the GO XLR APP and the install the lasted version available version 1.2.3.103 that you will find by following the link below:
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK

When it comes to configure the GO XLR instead of showing up in your computer’s operating system as a single device with multiple inputs and outputs, GO XLR shows up in your computer as several different audio sub-devices dedicated to different elements of your overall livestream.
      Sound>Playback Tab These different sub-devices will each appear separately in your PC’s
      Sound>Playback tab:

These Playback sub-devices carry the following types of audio information:
      Chat—voice chat audio from services such as Discord or Skype
      Game—audio from your videogame, such as explosions, special effects sounds, or alert noises that originate inside the game
      Music—audio from music applications running on your computer, such as Spotify, Windows Media Player or iTunes
      Sample—audio that has been sampled in GO XLR plays back into your stream over this channel
      System—this channel serves as a catch-all for when perhaps you have a particular video game that won’t allow you to choose a specific output device
      To set up your audio devices in the Sound>Playback tab, use the right-click option on your mouse to take the following assignments:
      set up the System channel as your overall Default Device
      set the Chat channel as your Default Communications Device Once assigned, the system will add a green check mark and text label to mark each of these devices:

Similar sub-devices also appear in the system Sound>Recording tab in order to make your livestream audio available for recording.
      These Recording sub-devices carry the following types of audio:
      Broadcast Stream Mix—the final stereo mix that contains audio from all sub-devices combined into a single stream
      Chat Mic—audio from your personal chat mic (chosen as the Default Device via the right-click function)
      Sample—sampled audio from GO XLR plays back and can be recorded using this sub-device

Once each of these sub-devices has been set up and assigned to a GO XLR slider, each slider on GO XLR can independently control its assigned audio device.
      Each slider may then be used to adjust that device’s volume within the final livestream stereo mix. To further illustrate this separate-and-mix concept, if you feel that your Chat audio is too loud, you simply reach out to the assigned slider on your GO XLR and move the slider downward to decrease the Chat volume relative to the Game, Music or Sample audio.
      If the Chat audio is too quiet, you can reach out and move the Chat slider up to increase the Chat volume or you may also grab the Game, Music and Sample sliders and move those sliders downward to decrease those sub-devices’ volume relative to the Chat audio.
      As last to avoid an unintentional doubling of your audio, you will need to go into Windows under the Sound>Recording tab and make sure that the Windows “Listen to this device” option is switched off for your designated Default Device.
      The “Listen to this device” option is the internal method by which Windows allows you to monitor audio, but the processing latency inside your PC is slower than GO XLR’s internal audio processing, and so this slight delay inside the PC can create an unintentional doubling of the audio.
      To de-select “Listen to this device,” follow these steps:
      Open the Windows Sound control panel.
      Click on the Recording tab.
      Right-click on your designated Default Device.
      Choose the Properties option from the pop-up menu.
      Choose the “Listen” tab in the Properties pop-up window.
      Find the “Listen to this device” option.
      Make sure “Listen to this device” is UN-CHECKED
      • Jan 8
  • New
    YAird
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-11

Greetings guys I got an GOXLR Mini as a present.

I want to know if this will have a warranty in the US or if it comes from another country/distributor.

The serial number is S190902257DI7

Thanks

read more...
    0 39
    • YAird
      PedroRodrigues Hi Fernando, please be aware that if you have a original proof of purchase form a USA reseller in your name for the unit you have acquired you will have the standard Warranty cover stated by the US Law 1 year. If you register your unit on the first 90 days form purchase you will gain access to two extra years of cover and the unit will be covered for 3 years. Thank you
      • December 15, 2020
Go to page