223,680 members
97,897 posts
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-12-21

WING Firmware Update

Version 1.10.1 - (21 December 2020)

The console 1.10.1 firmware update offers some functional improvements and new features. The most significant implementation of this update is WebSocket support for remote communication. This update also offers a new sync option for channel and source customization, visual indication options for Sends on Faders as well as individual bus/main talkback send levels.

It is sensible to periodically check for new firmware updates. New features and bug fixes will be released regularly. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit the WING product page on behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your WING.

This new WING Firmware version contains:

New Features

WebSocket support for remote communication to WING Copilot and WING Q App

Option to indication SOF on button or main display

Fully symmetrical OSC subscription mode (for Palladium users)

Sync option for channel/source customization (uses active source)

Fader start GPIO output option

Option to show monitor level on main level meter

Indication of active/passive FX processors on FX overview page

Channel color led switched off when no source is selected

Option to enable individual bus/main talkback send levels (levels can be set on the talkback channel’s send page)

Highlighting of assigned Input/Output channels on routing pages (when touching device icons in AES50 device view)

Improvements

Mute override function now also working on touch screen

Indication of monitor level on meters when controlled with DCA

Faders fully disabled when console is locked (including remote fadermovements now)

Version 1.10.1:

Fix for SD-Cards not stopping recording

Fix for console crash when loading specific Snapshots with unassigned faders

Update Process:

1. Connect a USB cable to the rear panel USB port and to your computer.
    2. Either hold the blank button on the main display during power-up or open the SETUP/GENERAL Edit page in order to enable WING OS.
    3. A drive icon will appear on your computer, like connecting a flash drive or external hard drive. Double click the drive to open.
    4. Extract the firmware zip file and drag/copy the new firmware file into the WING OS drive.
    5. After copying is completed, please eject the WING OS drive from your computer.
    6. WING should reboot automatically a few seconds after ejecting the drive. If it doesn’t, please power cycle the console, and verify the correct firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Alternative Update from USB Stick:

1. Download any future FW updates from behringer.com and store it on a FAT formatted USB stick.
    2. Connect the USB stick to the top panel USB port of WING.
    3. Open the SETUP/GENERAL page and tap on the UPDATE icon on the left of the screen.
    4. A file browser will appear on the screen, and you can navigate to where the fw update is located.
    5. Select the correct FW update file and tap on UPDATE.
    6. After installing the update is completed, you will be prompted to reboot the console.
    7. The console can be rebooted by power cycling, or by selecting SETUP/SHUTDOWN and holding the SETUP button while pressing the HOME button.
    8. Verify the update was successful by comparing the firmware version on the left of the SETUP/ GENERAL screen.

Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in the OS drive. However, it is recommended to delete older firmware files or move them to a subfolder.

Download here: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0BV2

read more...
    0 598
    • Behringer
      DaveMorrison "WING Summer Update" released on the first day of winter! That's funny. Are we really early or really late?
      • December 21, 2020
      • WING Summer Update - Firmware 1.10.1 Now Live!
        Paul_Vannatto In Australia (where Craig is from), it is summer... (LOL)
        • ·
        • December 21, 2020
  • New
    CliffPitt
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-17

Hi All,

I purchased a BeatBars FS3 programmable midi footswitch to use with my XR18, I used Ch Mutes Midi channel 2, CC, 17 0, 127 for FX1.

It does actually lite up the mute indicator below the FX1 channel but it does not mute the effect at all. Its so bizarre but I cant find any section on the mixer to actually enable or disable the effect apart from the FX tab for any channel.

(I also tried Send Mutes using 2, CC, 27, 0,127 but this doesnt work at all, not even the mute light comes on using this setting)

For instance I go into the FX tab on channel 1 and insert any effect, it works but I cant find any way of controlling its volume type settings or how agressive the FX is. I know that I can set any particular FX parameter within the gui of the particular effect but I cannot find a way of controling the amount of effect using the sliders on the mixer interface page or any other page, the effects just come on and cannot be altered mix wise.

The pedal also puts on the mute red light under FX1, 2,3, or 4 but it doesnt actually mute the FX. I have tried putting the FX on FOH but it doesnt mute there either.

My Aim is to press footswitch 1 and turn on/off FX 1 and the same for Footswitch 2 etc... it doesnt work.. the mute lite comes on but nothing mutes....its driving me crazy!!

Please help if you can as I have spent hours and hours and hours trying different settings but have found nothing that works.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Cliff.

read more...
    0 578
    • CliffPitt
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Cliff, if your footpedal is sending ch 2 cc 17 0 is turning on the FX1 Return (the one beside the Aux channel), and you are still hearing the effects, it means that you have a parallel signal path somewhere. I would suggest that you save your scene to a file (using X-Air Edit, save to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox) and share the link. I'll have a look and better advise.
      • Jan 17
      • Midi Mutes on XR18 not working
        CliffPitt Hi Paul, Thanks for that, I will do as you ask tomorrow if thats OK, You may save me from getting out the larger of my adjusting hammers.
        • ·
        • Jan 17
        CliffPitt Hi Paul, You were absolutely spot on, its was parallel signals, I loaded an earlier scene and it cleared all the confusion that I had caused. Pedal works as expected now, the lesson for me is....dont bugger about with things you know nothing about...or learn about them before you do.!!! Thanks a million for putting me on the right track Paul.
        • Jan 18
        Paul_Vannatto Good to hear that you got it figured out Cliff.
        • Jan 18
  • New
    Svine001
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-26

Hi I just got the mac mini x32 with the m1 chip. Im running logic pro with the x32 as audio interface and getting audio drop outs on very simple audio tracks. Any ideas where to start to resolve?

0 444
    • Svine001
      Nigel67 Hi Sean, please let me go and talk to the design team, and I will get back to you.
      • November 25, 2020
      • Mac M1 chip and x32
        Nigel67 Hi Sean, I have just been reminded by the design team, that our mixers are class compliant and do not need drivers under MAC OS. Audio issues with M1 are purely Apples domain or DAW related. Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do.
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
    • Svine001
      DaveMorrison Check your IO Buffer size. The USB interface on the X32 isn't stable with low buffer sizes. I can't remember if 64 or 128 is as low as you can go. I always use 1024 in Logic so I can run big projects.
      • November 25, 2020
    • Svine001
      Svine001 I just updated to the recent firmware 4.4 from 4.2 and have not seen an instance of drop outs even running some huge projects with 32 buffer size so fingers crossed!! thanks for replys the m1 is very nice I'm hoping more programs get updated soon:)
      • November 25, 2020
      • Mac M1 chip and x32
        Nigel67 Hi Sean, many thanks for the feedback which is great news. When you upgraded the X32 to 4.04, do you know if there was any upgrade to Logic Pro at the same time? Were you running the EDIT software on the MAC mini as well? Manythanks
        • November 26, 2020
  • New
    JoseMuoz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-19

Hi! I bought a GoXLR almost a month ago and have been enjoying it so far. I tried out the sampler but can't seem to get it to record anything. The instructions were to just press and hold the button while talking. It does not seem to work. I tried restarting the app and reinstalling it.

Please let me know if ou have any ideas. Thank you.

read more...
    0 437
    • JoseMuoz
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Jose, there are usually 6 causes for the sampler to not record new samples so start with #1 and move on if your issue persists.
      1.) Restart the GOXLR app and GOXLR then try to record a sample again.
      2.) In the routing table of your GOXLR app, uncheck and then recheck mic in the samples row at the bottom then try to record a sample again.
      3.) Go into windows sound settings by searching "Change System Sounds" in your taskbar, go to the recording tab, right click on samples then click properties, navigate to the levels tab and make sure that the slider is at 100 and not muted, then try to record a sample again.
      4.) Disable or add exceptions to the GOXlR documents folder/GOXLR App to any 3rd party Anti-Virus like Avast, Malawarebytes, etc.... avast has been known to keep samples from being created so best to create the exception in others if you are running more than 1
      5.) Close your GOXLR app and keep it closed, navigate to your GOXLR samples folder (by default it is in your documents/GOXLR) if you have samples in that folder make sure to copy the folder somewhere safe, then delete it from the GOXLR folder, restart the GOXLR app and try to record a sample again.
      6.) Try another USB port and repeat.
      Please try all these steps and you will have the sample up and running in no time.
      Thank you
      • December 21, 2020
  • joscarrol
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hi! I just purchased a Behringer X32 Rack as a monitor mixer for our band. We are lots of musicians, so I was hoping we could use all XLR ouputs as well as the Aux Out outputs to have a custom mix for every one of us.

The documentation says that all 6 Aux Outs on the X32 rack are balanced TRS connections. However, when I plug some headphones (TRS connector) to any of this Aux Outs I would get sound ONLY ON THE LEFT EAR. Does that mean that this Aux Outs are not really balanced? If they really were balanced I would get sound on both ears, like I do when using the XLR Outs. What's going on here?

Thanks for your help!

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 411
    • joscarrol
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jose, you are mixing up balanced TRS configuration with stereo TRS configuration. The X32 Aux Out jacks are indeed balanced mono outputs (tip=hot+, ring=hot-, sleeve=shield). Headphones require stereo outputs (tip=left, ring=right, sleeve=shield). You will need to use a headphone amp (eg. Behringer P1) that receives 2 balanced inputs and converts it to stereo headphone output.
      • September 22, 2020
      • X32/M32 Aux Outs. Not balanced?!?!
        RexBeckett The question about the effect of anti-phase signals in headphones has come up before. I setup a system where I could switch the phase of one ear to hear the difference. It was very noticable. You may have got used to the sound but, to me, it is strange and lacks a sense of position.

Even if the sound is loud enough when driving headphones directly from the XLR outputs, IMO it is not a good thing to do. The XLR outputs are designed to drive loads >= 600 Ohms. If the load is a lower impedance than this, there is a chance that the output drivers could degrade in time due to excessive current and heat. YMMV but I find that the PowerPlay P2 gives a much better sound and the local volume control is very handy.
        • September 22, 2020
  • New
    Roblof
    Volunteer Moderator
    2021-01-22

Exciting news!

Wing Dante has been publicly released to the distribution channels today. Distributors should be able to start placing orders now if everything goes as planned.

After that you need to wait for that slow boat from China before you can get it into your hands ;-)

read more...
    2 389
    • Roblof
      DavidKnighton This is truly great news Robert. I've had many inquiries on when this would be available.
      • Jan 22
    • Roblof
      GaryHiggins Sign me up!!
      • Jan 22
    • Roblof
      PatrickGMaillot I'll wait for the internal one.... Not giving up the WLive.
      • Jan 23
      • Wing Dante Card update
        GaryHiggins Certainly a big trade off I agree. I don't really want to either but the lure is intoxicating! I have an X-Dante card now that can freely go into any of my other mixers which opens up a world of possible. I would likely end up selling W-Dante and going internal when the time comes. I can put the X-Dante in my M32R and put the X-Live card in my Core connected via aes50 and get 32 sd tracks that way…and 96 sync’d ch’s of Dante with the Wing/M32 combo…and then there’s the Dante virtual sound card and the old DAW…I probably should wait but I probably won’t :-)
        • ·
        • Jan 24
    • Roblof
      georgecollins94 Any news on a MADI card?
      • Jan 24
      • Wing Dante Card update
        Roblof No, not yet. It was said once that dante and soundgrid were the first ones to come, but who knows...
        • Jan 24
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

M32-Edit Update Version 4.2

The M32-Edit 4.2 update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlight of this update is the implementation of DCA-Spill. This new function offers the possibility to unfold the assigned channels of a DCA on a new DCA-Spill fader layer.

The M32-Edit is a remote application enabling control of the M32-Series of digital mixing consoles via ethernet. It is available for Mac OS, Windows and Linux.

This new M32 Firmware version contains:

New Features

• DCA Spill

• GUI-Preference to switch off automatic DCA spill layer jump

• GUI-Preference ‘Bus botton names’ active by default

• GUI-Preference to show DCA spill always on top

• GUI-Preference to deactivate mouse wheel

• Add stereolink to DP48-Remote page • Add setup option to create custom boot scene

• Add SD-Recorder warning pop-up if only 10 & 1 min recording capacity left

Improvements

• Removed link option from Dual-Deesser

• Show source info on left side of all effect screen

• Changed inverted colors to match all console displays

• Improved text button ON/OFF state for M32-Edit

• Improved distinction between local and mixer data on show control pages

• Improved routing tap color distinction

Bugfixes

• Fix for snippet index offset after show import

• Fix for snippet paste issue (see above)

• Fix for wrong snippet checkboxes on USER In/Out options

• Fix for FX link A/B issue on scene load

• Fix for bad suboctaver range switch mouse support

• Fix for moodfilter tap function

• Fix for show control mismatch (highlighted row for active cue/scene/snippet)

• Fix for Copy/Pasting of dynamic settings for MTX/ST/M

• Fix for gate/dyn key solo: set active channel and page on console

• Fix for oversized app windows after restart under Windows 10 (if display scale active) Note: M32-Edit 4.2 requires M32 console firmware V4.00 or higher.

Download via the software section: https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0B3I

read more...
    0 351
  • Jlevine
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-08
    Hey guys, Recently bought a wing and am trying to save some time by recording multitrack to an SD card only to load into logic later for editing. The problem I’m finding is trying to send a stereo channel to wplay live. When I send a stereo channel to a wplay channel is it still stereo??? Or does it turn to mono? Also is there a way to mass select “alt” inputs so I can playback through the mains easier?
    read more...
    0 332
    • Jlevine
      GaryHiggins To mass select, use setup/audio hit alt or main (input ch's need to all be set for auto for it to work). I believe the stereo status remains but i have not yet (on a Wing anyway) tried to record from the sd to my daw.
      • July 8, 2020
    • Jlevine
      WITELITE Gary is as always correct.Just send the 2 Wplay Channels to an alt input. (I generally use the Alt Aux inputs for this. And as long as you send the Card channels back to the corresponding inputs you have recorded and have the Alt set to Auto, you can easily run the multitrack back through your board. - MM
      • July 8, 2020
  • New
    harrisonfore92
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

Hey there, I just had a question about the behringer “wing”.

Is it able to share the Midas DL32 stage box with a M32 C? For instance the M32 C will be used for monitors and the Wing will be used for front of house split digitally via AES.

thanks! 

read more...
    0 326
    • harrisonfore92
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you sure can, just like you would with multiple M32
      • Apr 6
    • harrisonfore92
      GaryHiggins A Behringer Wing, a DL32 and an M32C walk into a bar and come out lifelong friends!
      • Apr 7
    • harrisonfore92
      KevinMaxwell I guess I will piggyback on this question and ask a few about the same basic thing.

If I have an M32 as a monitor console and a DL32 on stage and a WING at FOH I understand that there are a couple of different ways of wiring it up. What are the advantaged of the different ways? One place I have worked that has that basic setup except instead of a WING they have an M32 at FOH. And they have the DL32 AES50A connected to the house console AES50A and the DL32 AES50B connected to the Monitor console AES50A. I am not sure how they had the outputs configured. I think they had the FOH console using the DL32 outputs to the house speakers and the M32 Monitor console (XLR) outputs directly feeding the monitor speakers. But what is the difference if you have the DL32 connected to just the monitor M32 and then that connected to the FOH console. Would that be DL32 AES50A to the M32 AES50A and the AES50B of the DL32 to AES50A on the WING at FOH. Then how do you get the outputs to the House speakers on the DL32 and the Monitor outputs from the M32 to the Monitor speakers. BTW in this example all of the speakers are powered from Amps on stage.

Now in the OP (original posters) question it might be more like the setup I am thinking about. If I had a WING at FOH and an M32 at Monitor position without a DL32, since a DL32 and an M32c would basically be equal to an M32. I assume I would just hook the 2 up AES50A on stage to the AES50A at FOH. So the question that brings up is how do I route the outputs of the WING to the house speakers and the outputs of the M32 to the Monitor speakers? And actually in my case I would want to send the outputs from the WING to the AES/EBU output on the M32 and at least one output of the WING to an XLR output on the M32. The AES/EBU and the XLR would go to a DSP for the house speakers that I would move from FOH to the stage for this setup.
      • Apr 7
      • A Behringer wing a dl32 and a M32c walk into a bar...
        GaryHiggins Just a few other tidbits...the DL32 and S32 are the only 2 X/M32 stageboxes that allow the inputs to pass from both the A and B sides of it, the caveats in so doing Paul already stated.

With the A/B ports used to each mixer: From the B side of the DL32, any aes50 ch's sent from the Monitor position mixer to FOH (and then on to the DL) are shifted up a whopping 32 ch's. That is because the inputs of the DL itself take up the first 32 ch's to FOH as aes50a 1-32. Technically you could still send outputs to the DL from the monitor mixer position but only the first 16 aes50 ch's will make it and those 16 will be seen at FOH as aes50a 33-48. You could have the FOH mixer relay aes50a 33-48 to the DL XLR outputs or (parts of them)

Hooking up in the traditional way, that is daisy chained, is likely the easier way IF you really need the monitor mixer to control outputs.

EDIT: Forgot one other drawback in doing it like the above, it will put those same 16 ch's from the monitor mixer at the DL32 ultranet port, perhaps not an issue but it could be.
        • Apr 7
    • harrisonfore92
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Kevin,

Gary and I did not go further in our response, since the OP question was "is it possible". To answer your question, you need to understand how the DL32 works, particularly with its AES50 B port. Only the console connected to its A port has access (control) to the input preamps (gain and control) and the outputs. The console connected to the B port only has access to the input signals. What that means is that the B port console cannot send outputs to the DL32 and signals from FOH (eg. talkback) cannot be passed through the DL32.

The other setup with the monitor console in between the FOH and DL32 is much more flexible with signal routing, using the monitor console Routing AES50 along with the new User Out patching. Also preamp control (gain and phantom) can be assigned to either console.
      • Apr 7
    • harrisonfore92
      KevinMaxwell Thank you Gary and Paul. Now I just need to gather all of this equipment together and start to play with the different configurations. I will probably also bring along my SMAART system and test to see if there are any measurable differences and to see if there is any different propagation delay results with the different setups.
      • Apr 8
  • OhG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-25

Is there an easy way to clone a stereo MixBus on the X32 Rack?  For example, I have a stereo in-ear mix for my monitors using MixBus 1 & 2 which are linked together. I'd like to copy that exact same setup to be on MixBus 9 & 10. Is there a simple copy/paste way to clone that mix? Or an easy step-by-step way to do it? I'm also using the X32 app for iPad if that helps.

read more...
    0 297
    • OhG
      CraigFowler Not really. The bus's own processing (eq, compressor, master level) is copy-able from bus to bus. However the send levels from the individual channels is what makes the bus mix, and those send levels aren't properties of the bus, they're properties of the individual channels themselves. There's probably a 3rd party app made by Paul or Patrick that can do it, but I'm 99% sure they'll need to be run on a computer, not iPad.

It's not a case of "This Bus is fed by ch1 at -10dB" being a property of the bus that can be copied. Instead it's "This channel feeds bus1 at -10dB, bus2 at -10dB, bus9 at -5dB etc," which is part of the individual channel's properties.

Do you need to copy the mix as a starting point and then you'll change it later, or did you want it to remain constant? If the latter, you could route bus1+2 to multiple physical outputs so the same mix appears on multiple outputs. You could also make use of spare matrices and an early tap point if you wanted the same mix but different processing\master level.
      • September 26, 2020
      • How to copy/clone a stereo MixBus on x32 rack?
        OhG Hi Craig, what I need to do is just make sure the MixBus is set up in the same way in terms of settings/routing. I don’t need to copy the exact same mix as that will be changed anyway. I just want to get it set so that I can say “everything other than the mix or levels is the same on this mix bus as it is on the one I copied it from”.
        • September 26, 2020
    • OhG
      DavidKnighton Hi OhG,
      What you can do is STEREO LINK say bus 1 and bus 2 and in doing so, it 'should' ensure all settings on the bus processing is identical. As a plus, it also duplicates the channel send from bus 1 into bus 2. Then you can unlink the stereo bus back to individual busses and they will retain all the settings from being linked.

The one caveat I should mention is that only adjacent Odd/Even pairs can be linked on these consoles, i.e. bus 1&2, bus 3&4, bus 5&6, etc. You can't link 6&7 or 9&13
      • September 28, 2020
Go to page