Statistics

223,685 members
97,902 posts
  • New
    Pino59
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-30

HI

I am a happy user of XR18 but, I installed OS Big Sur on my MacPro and the first problem arose.
    One of the applications I use is Mainstage. After 3/4/5 minutes the ethernet connection in static mode is interrupted and the bunner appears "connection lost Try to reconnect"

Thank for help

Pino

read more...
    2 292
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-13

Midas DP48 Firmware UpdateVersion 1.7  

This update introduces a wealth of new features that help simplifying setup, improve overview and provide new means of communication for all live performance and studio production applications, where musicians are in control of their own monitor mix.Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly. Download the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4, and make sure the latest versions will be installed to both.

New Features 1.7

• Mirror Mix A on Mix B output in singlemode.

Improvements
    • Fix for saving master parameters if powering off while remote controlling.
    • Fix for stereo link assignment and indication on booth channels in a pair, while working remotely.
    • Fix for passing on wrong AES50 information of connected devices in a chain.
    • Fix for pre fader reverb send when using MY GROUP in singlemode.
    • Refresh assign page after being remote controlled by master.

Firmware Update Process

1. Download the update file from midasconsoles.com and extract the archive
    2. Copy the dp48m_xx.upd file onto an SD card, into the following path inside SD-root \DP48M
    3. Make sure the DP48 is turned off
    4. Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on the rear panel of your DP48
    5. Hold the SETUP button while turning the DP48 on
    6. Wait until the update procedure is completed and the DP48 has booted again
    7. Do not turn off the device and do not remove the SD card before the update has finished
    8. The device will boot automatically and briefly indicate the new firmware version

Note: SD Card must be FAT or FAT32 formatted for use in DP48Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly.

Download: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BMX

read more...
    1 289
    • Midas
      MarcVangrunderb Is it possible to connect a DL153 stagebox on the AES50 thru port of a DP48. I have two DL153 stage boxes connected to my X32 rack and would like to know how I can integrade the DP48.
      • November 23, 2020
    • Midas
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, I would suggest you also get the Hub4 and use the AES50 Thru port to connect the DL153.
      • November 23, 2020
      • DP48 Firmware Update 1.7 Now Available!
        MarcVangrunderb Hi Paul,
        Do you want to say that it only works with the Hub4 or can it also be done via the thru port of the DP48?
        • November 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Well, it will "sort of" work. The problem will be the upstream (stagebox to console) channels, since the first AES50 channels (banks of 8) will be used by the DP48. The Hub4 has a switch to setup for the DP48 return OR pass thru the AES50 signals from the Thru port.

Here is a link to the Hub4 Routing Diagram
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HJJuoNh3QE7iK-daR7PFiV7mvytSEeSM/view?usp=sharing
        • November 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto The downstream signals should work fine, since the DP48 Thru port is meant to be used for cascading DP48 providing all 48 AES50 channels to subsequent DP48 and therefore the same to the stageboxes. It is the upstream signals that are the issue.
        • November 23, 2020
        MarcVangrunderb OK thanks. That's clear. Is the latest firmware of the HUB4 provided to work with Pro stageboxes like the DL153 because I always assumed this was not compatible?
        • November 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Yes as long as the stagebox is set for 48K samplerate (not 96K), the latest Hub4/DP48 firmware is designed to work with the Midas stageboxes.
        • ·
        • November 23, 2020
    • Midas
      TatsuyaNakamura I am a DP48 user.
      Used in v1.7

I'm curious about something.
      If you press the group button, then the PAN button, and when the display is in PAN, press the MIX A/B button, the display changes to Reverb.

When I press the group button again afterwards, it is very difficult to use, as it keeps moving to the Reverb button instead of going back to the PAN button.

The behavior of the MIX A/B button when you were pressing the PAN button just before is described as "The MIX A/B display appears in the lower right corner of the screen with the screen in the normal 1-12 display state. Or, "The screen returns to the state in which the PAN button was pressed. or "return to the state where the PAN button is pressed"?

As it is now, the response is not good by the time you try to adjust the PAN.
      I hope the operation response will improve in the future.
      • November 24, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Tatsuya, I'm not sure where you got that last explanation. But it is no longer correct. It might have been that way a few firmware revisions ago. The Mix A/B button changes the screen to the overall mix (A or B) settings (limiter, reverb, etc.). When you select a group, then the pan, you will have both Pan A and Pan B. To change between them press the Select/Edit encoder. When you want to return to the group list on the screen, press the same group button you initially pressed.

Btw, a new firmware (1.8) has just been released.
        • November 24, 2020
        TatsuyaNakamura Hi Paul,Thanks for the reply! ” When you select a group, then the pan, you will have both Pan A and Pan B. To change between them press the Select/Edit encoder. When you want to return to the group list on the screen, press the same group button you initially pressed.” At this point, it's my understanding that I'm putting it in PAN mode.

The thing is, when in PAN mode, if you press the Mix button, the mode moves to something other than PAN, such as Comp or reverb. This is also understood.

Then, when you press the
        When I press the Group button, I'm still in reverb or Comp mode. I want this sequence of events to return me to the mode I was in just before I pressed the Mix button. 

I'm not sure I'm getting the point across.
        Sorry for the poor translation.

Used in v1.7 single mode.

I'll try v1.8 next time.
        • November 25, 2020
    • Midas
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Tatsuya, I think you misunderstand the functionality of pressing one of the 12 group buttons and pressing one of the Mix buttons (A or B).

Pressing one of the 12 group buttons will allow you to adjust the settings of that particular group (EQ, compressor, reverb, pan). Pressing the same group button will exit that section back to the idle screen (normally showing the group list).

Pressing one of the group buttons, then one of the mix buttons (Mix A or Mix B) will allow you to adjust the settings (EQ, compressor, reverb) of that particular mix (A or B) which is the master mix of all 12 groups. Pressing the same mix button will exit back to the idle screen (group list).

Pressing one of the Mix buttons, then one of the settings buttons (Low, Mid, High, Comp, Reverb) will also allow you to adjust that particular mix setting. Pressing the same mix button will exit back to the idle screen (group list).

This is the way it is designed.
      • November 25, 2020
  • Chungmen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-02

Hi everybody,

I am using a Behringer XR18 for our band. I connected a headphone to the headphone output connector. Every channel is heard. I use X AIR Edit on a Windows 10 pc and also on a iPad Air 2. Everything works fine. We also used the XR18 in a live performance.

The only thing that does not seem to work is: pushing on the solo button (per channel) to listen only to that channel. The meters on the mon/solo bus are moving and still every channel is heard on the headphone. It doesn't matter which channel or bus configuration I choose (PFL of AFL).

After 'initialize mixer' on ipad to go back to factory setting, solo listening is working. But then I loose al my setting.

What do I wrong?

Firware 1.17 / X AIR Edit v1.5

read more...
    0 279
    • Chungmen
      RexBeckett Using XAir Edit, open the In/Out -> Main Out tab. Check that Monitor is selected as the source for Phones. This is the default and how it will be set after initialization. Your scene may have it set to Main LR.
      • October 2, 2020
      • Solobus on XR18 does work, but listen to 1 channel with the solo button does not.
        Chungmen That could be it. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks for your response.
        • October 2, 2020
      • Solobus on XR18 does work, but listen to 1 channel with the solo button does not.
        Chungmen Hi Rex, it works. The solution was simple. Great such a fast response. Many thanks.
        • ·
        • October 2, 2020
  • metzandsons
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

My church uses an X32 for the house mix, but we now need a second mix for streaming.  I want to use a separate device for this.  I don't want to use the X32 for the mix.  I want to connect a separate device to the X32, have the X32 send the inputs to the separate device.   Either digitally and use a virtual soundboard software on a MAC, or a separate smaller mixer.  We only use around 10-12 channels.  What/ how can we do this?  I prefer to use the USB out and send the info to a separate device, not just Y a bunch of cables.  

read more...
    0 266
    • metzandsons
      Nigel67 It all depends whether whoever is going to mix the audio wants physical knobs infront of them to change settings or are happy adjusting settings on the fly with a computer. Is there any reason why you want all the input channels being sent to another console for mixing, or could you just use the house mix? If you used the house mix, then all you would need is to send the two channels over the USB to a computer from where you can then stream the channels. If you wanted to go down the route that someone wanted physical knobs infront of them, then maybe the X32 Compact. You could send the input channels to this over the AES50 mix them down and then send to a computer for streaming via the USB. If the sound guy was happy using an ipad, etc to mix the audio, then you could go with a X32 Rack or Core again connected via AES50. The other option would be to just plug a computer to the USB of the X32 and send all the input channels into a DAW where you can mix them and live stream. You may be limited though using this method on EQ, FX, Gates, Compressors etc and the mix you stream may not sound like the house mix. Maybe you could expand a little as to why you would want someone to mix the audio again when you can get the house mix sent across the USB for live streaming? Many thanks and hope this helps.
      • September 15, 2020
      • X32 connect to second board for streaming mix
        metzandsons The house is small and the house mix reflects that. We never have to use a mic on the piano, the bass cabinet can carry the whole room, the acoustic guitars need boost and the vocals get the most. We tried the house mix and it sounds terrible isolated from the house. Plus we've add house mics to bring the ambience of the house into the stream mix to get congregational singing, but we don't want those running through the house. We have tried to create a separate mix on the x32 and use that to live stream with. It works, but it is too much for one guy to keep up with both house and stream mix at the same time on the same board. Have you worked with an X18? Will that take connect directly to the X32 and do what I need as a separate mixer?
        • September 16, 2020
      • X32 connect to second board for streaming mix
        Nigel67 Hi, apologies for not replying sooner. I do not think that the X18 will work for you as there will be no way of getting the audio into it digitally. I thought that you would be able to use the Ultranet to send the audio from the X32 into the X18, but unfortunately the ultranet on the X18 is output only. You will need the USB output to connect to the computer for live streaming so you cannot use this either. I think that if your sound engineer can mix using an ipad or MAC, then you could look at an X32 Core. This way you can connect to the X32 using AES50 and then use the USB for sending the main mix to the computer for streaming. It may be worth talking to your local reseller, or the seller that you got your X32 from and get their thoughts of what would be best for you. Hope this helps.
        • September 18, 2020
    • metzandsons
      GeorgeDougherty I got along fine using a matrix pair out for the broadcast mix on our prior X32. I took the house mix and utilized a mixbus as a broadcast boost mix. Broadcast boost augmented drums, guitars and others to compensate for things louder in the room. I always use a speaking mixbus to do feedback notching for headsets and lavs so that also routes and boosts into the broadcast matrix to even out the music to speaking volume.
      If you use a matrix for the broadcast, use matrix outs for your house sends as well and apply any room correction on the matrix buses rather than the Main L/R bus. My standard setup uses Matrix 1/2 as L/R, 3 as subs and 4 as front fills. On an X32 you'd have 5/6 available for a stereo broadcast. mix
      • September 15, 2020
    • metzandsons
      StephenEvans I'd say your best options if you want another physical device would be to get something like an X32 compact or producer and link them with AES50 to pass the channels through. If you are happy to mix with a mouse or touchscreen then I would use a stereo pair of busses on the X32 and mix using an iPad or computer app to save buying another device. If you have a powerful enough computer and a suitable DAW you could easily route the raw inputs in using USB (up to 32 channels) and then mix on the computer or laptop
      • September 30, 2020
  • GilMendozaJr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-20
    I have been trying for 28 days to register a Behringer XR18 mixer on the Music Tribe Care site. Each time i click on the "submit" button it tells me to fill in the "required fields", but every field is already filled in and i've attached a copy of the purchase receipt. I can't get past this page, it doesn't assign me a care #, and i am unable to register the mixer. I need to know if there is another avenue to register the product. I am extremely frustrated with the inability to reach out to a live person in customer service. This will definitely impact my decision on future Behringer purchases. UPDATE: i was finally able to register the product today (day 29). I entered the same info as i'd been putting in...so i'm not sure what changed...but i'm registered...so all is good. Thanks to all who offered advice/input/suggestions. Much Appreciated!
    read more...
    0 264
    • GilMendozaJr
      GaryHiggins I have registered a product in the last few weeks and it worked ok, wondered if the os being used is the issue? Maybe try using a Mac or Pc if already using a Mac. I did mine with an iPhone. Unfortunately the site is still having issues to compound the situation
      • June 20, 2020
      • Product registration site not working
        GilMendozaJr Gary, thanks for the feedback. I was trying to register on a Mac, on a Windows PC, on an I-phone, and on an android. it was frustating! however, today, i was able to register the product using the same information i've been providing for the past month. I don't know what the difference was...but at this point i'm just happy I got to register. Thanks again for your input.
        • June 22, 2020
    • GilMendozaJr
      RexBeckett Missing or invalid fields in your profile can cause the Care ticket system to fail. One known one is your title (Mr, Ms, etc). This field is not marked as required but, if it is blank, Care ticket submissions can fail.
      • June 20, 2020
        GilMendozaJr Rex, thanks for the help. Yeah...i was even putting info in the non-required boxes...like middle name...i don't have one, so i just put "none". Not sure why, but today it let me register the product. It's nuts. Anyhow, thanks again for the advice. Much appreciated.
        • June 22, 2020
    • GilMendozaJr
      john0121 Hi GilMendozaJr, sorry for the problem you're having with product registration. Can you raise a Care Ticket under Technical Support please, include a copy of your invoice and the serial number so I can complete the registration with you. We can work out exactly what was going wrong too and improve this going forward. Thanks
      • June 21, 2020
        GilMendozaJr John, i was gonna try to do what you requested, but i decided to try one more time so that i could grab screen shots for ya. Wouldn't you know it, for some reason it let me register the product today...same info as in the past, so i'm not sure why it worked today. Anyhow, thanks for reaching out with a possible solution. If you still want to take a look...my Case# is CAS-113715-X9G2T3. Thanks again....
        • ·
        • June 22, 2020
        john0121 Thanks for letting me know, that;s good to hear. I'll pick up the case and raise the problem with the development team still so we can work out what went wrong and improve this in the future. Thanks.
        • June 22, 2020
    • GilMendozaJr
      GilMendozaJr John, so i was gonna follow your request, but i decided to try one more time so that i could get screen captures for you. Wouldn't you know it...it let me register the product today. I used the same info as in the past, so i'm not sure why it worked today. Anyhow, thanks for reaching out and offering a possible solution. just in case you want to check...my Care Case # is CAS-113715-X9G2T3. Thanks again.
      • June 22, 2020
  • AdmiralLemon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-17

I was streaming and heard a slight static type of pop in my right earbuds. I could only hear out of the left side and only static in the right after that. I replaced my earbuds with my ATH-M50x headphones and got the same result. I rebooted the PC but the issue was still present. I then tried unplugging the GoXLR with the headphones still plugged in. When I plugged the GoXLR back in a horrid squealing noise was present in the right headset. I tried other headsets and got the same issue. Mic quality has not changed and everything else with the GoXLR seems normal.

read more...
    0 261
    • AdmiralLemon
      Nigel67 Hi, unfortunately it looks like your GoXLR has developed a fault in the headphone circuitry and needs repairing. Possibly the headphone amp has gone faulty. Please go to the support tab at the top of the page and fill in a support ticket. Assign it as a Service Support ticket when you get the option in the drop down box. One of my colleagues will then be able to get back to you with repair details.
      • September 17, 2020
      • GoXLR Headphone Jack Input Stopped Working?
        AdmiralLemon OK thank you! I was afraid it was something like that. I sent in a service request.
        • ·
        • September 18, 2020
  • revoconnell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-17
    Hello, I'm trying to get our church's X32 audio output to be recognized by Streamlabs OBS so that we can live stream. I have downloaded and attempted to install the latest X-USB driver, however, I get an error message: "USB Device not recognized." When I go to the device manager I get a yellow exclamation with the error: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still get the same message. I'm running a clean install of Windows 10. I have the latest firmware on the X32 (4.02 I believe). Suggestions?
    read more...
    0 242
    • revoconnell
      Paul_Vannatto What is the name of the driver file you installed?
      • July 17, 2020
    • revoconnell
      revoconnell Thanks for your prompt reply: BEHRINGER_X-USB_DriverSetup_v4.59.0
      • July 17, 2020
    • revoconnell
      revoconnell By the way, I also have restarted both the computer and the mixer with the same error message.
      • July 17, 2020
    • revoconnell
      Paul_Vannatto The reason I asked for the driver file name is that numerous times users have tried to install the X-UF USB driver 6.13 (for the older X-UF card). Evidently you have the correct drivers but it did not install correctly. First go to the Device Manager and uninstall the driver. Then right click on the drivers file and select Run as administrator (or something like that - I've switched from Win7 to linux Mint in January when they dropped Win7 support).
      • July 17, 2020
    • revoconnell
      DaveMorrison Is there any chance that you have the X-Live card installed (with 2 SD card slots) in your mixer? That would also cause major headaches as it uses a different driver.
      • July 17, 2020
  • AnthonieHunter
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-10

New features:
    - variable scrolling speed for spectrograph
    - Library AES50
    - DP48 remote support for stereo link & talkback messages
    - improved transmission of DP48 messages through stageboxes and hubs

Improvements:
    - Channel
    - bring pan back to center when unlinking (if +-100)
    - X-Live-Card:
    - show warning when SD card is close to maximum capacity (10min / 1min remaining)
    - showing protected SD card state
    - better backup progress bar
    - showing naming prompt when exporting a scene to USB
    - better support when importing a CustomBootState as a scene
    - CustomBootState can now be auto-loaded without a confirm dialog (append _NoPopUp to the filename)
    - hold and scroll on snippets/safes
    - added name prompt when exporting to USB

Bug fixes:
    - HA gain control not updating digital trim when using User-Banks
    - Fixed long Session-Name display
    - Fixed show import/export popup text redrawing
    - checking User-Blocks param safe and scene safe when loading an old scene

read more...
    1 239
    • AnthonieHunter
      Rabble36 The powered right channel of my Europower PMP5000 isnt working. I have the Amp Mode set as Main L - Main R. Any thoughts or is it blown?
      • October 10, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      Rabble36 Sorry...I meant to start a new discussion
      • October 10, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      GaryHiggins Thanks Anthonie, had no idea there was new firmware (fwiw, I liked it better when software and firmware were separate folders)
      • October 11, 2020
  • New
    walhus2020
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

Forgive me, I just unboxed the XR12 and it seems there's no way to use it as a source for Zoom calls.  I've got an Atem Mini Pro and a Windows 10 Computer and I just want Zoom to see the XR12 as an audio source.  Is this possible or should I box it up and return it to Amazon?

read more...
    0 223
    • walhus2020
      RexBeckett Hi Paul, the USB socket on the XR12 (and XR16) can only be used to record and play stereo wav files to/from a USB stick. You would need an XR18 to get a multichannel USB connection to a PC.

Alternatively you could use an additional USB interface to connect analogue outp.uts from the XR12 to a PC.

The recently announced Behringer Flow 8 mixer may be a good alternative once it starts shipping.
      • November 23, 2020
    • walhus2020
      walhus2020 OK so it's "plug and play" and with the XR18 I would just run a usb cable to the Windows 10 box (install whatever drivers) and Zoom would see the XR18 as a device? 18 channels is way more than I need though, is there a more basic solution that would have way fewer channels?
      • November 23, 2020
      • Can the Behringer XR12 be used as a usb source for zoom calls
        RexBeckett Yes Windows supports the XR18 through specific drivers. Although the XR18 supports eighteen bi-directional USB channels, Windows only supports them all through an ASIO interface. Most DAW software supports ASIO but Zoom does not so would treat the XR18 as a stereo device.

There are several other possible solutions depending on what facilities you want. For simple mic and/or instrument connections for use with Zoom, the Behringer UMC204HD works well.
        • November 23, 2020
    • walhus2020
      DaveMorrison As Rex mentioned, you can't connect via USB: however, an analog connection to your ATEM mini pro is a great solution. I do that with my X32 (because the USB interface is used for other purposes).
      • November 23, 2020
    • walhus2020
      walhus2020 So I sent the XR12 back and I'm getting an XR18 in it's place as well as a BEHRINGER Audio Interface (UMC404HD). What are the pros and cons of having Windows treat the XR18 as a stereo device? Can you explain for a novice like me what this means in more basic terms "Although the XR18 supports eighteen bi-directional USB channels, Windows only supports them all through an ASIO interface. Most DAW software supports ASIO but Zoom does not so would treat the XR18 as a stereo device."
      • November 23, 2020
      • Can the Behringer XR12 be used as a usb source for zoom calls
        RexBeckett Windows does not have great support for multi-channel audio. To get around this, Steinberg created the ASIO audio interface. To use this, hardware products require special drivers and software must use an ASIO library with appropriate licencing. The drivers for XR18 and UMC404HD (and many other products) support ASIO as do many DAW packages. When software does not include ASIO support, it uses the Windows standard audio interface (WASAPI). This is usually limited to two channels and always has a greater latency (processing delay). Latency is usually not a problem when recording or streaming. It can cause issues when recording tracks while listening to previous takes (overdubbing) or for multi-participant streaming.

The driver for the XR18 supports both ASIO and WASAPI interfaces. When you use a DAW (e.g. Reaper), you can access all eighteen channels for both recording and playback. Some streaming apps (e.g. OBS) also support ASIO so can access any of the eighteen channels. When you use a non-ASIO application like Zoom, you can only access two of the XR18's USB channels for either recording or playback. This is not a major limitation - it just requires the XR18 routing to be configured so that the required mix is routed to USB tracks 1/2.
        • November 23, 2020
  • WARPIG
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-10
    The GoXLR app opens then closes? If I don't add power to the GoXLR the app will then stay open.
    0 217
    • WARPIG
      Dale_M Hi there. Our recent server migration revealed a critical bug that caused the app to crash. We were able to work with the PH team who managed to upload the missing files and redirect the URL path. This fixed the crashing bug for everyone on the latest app, however anyone on an older version will need to update using the below link, or they may still experience the crash.

Please use this App installer if you are still experiencing crashing:

http://tc-helicon.com/FirmwareAssets/GOXLR/GoXLR-App-1.2.3.103.zip
      • July 10, 2020
Go to page