Statistics

223,650 members
97,866 posts
  • kfmoore83
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    Hi, we currently have a M32 as our FOH console at our church. We are about to pull the trigger on a Wing as our new FOH console and were wanting to use the M32 as our Livestream broadcast mixer all connected together. We will have 2x DL16 stage boxes side of stage running back to our FOH Wing, then from there it will go upstairs to our M32 Livestream. I just wanted to know if you could help me know whether this will all work together and what would be the best way to run the AES50 ports. Thanks guys!
    read more...
    0 216
    • kfmoore83
      kfmoore83 Also we have several P16's on stage for monitoring. Will this work through the ultranet out of one of the DL16's?
      • June 23, 2020
      • Behringer Wing with Midas M32 setup
        GaryHiggins It will all work together nicely! Seems to me like running an aes50 line to your upstairs Livestream room M32 on one port of the Wing and then one port going to the stage for both DL16's piggy backed would be just fine. That will still leave a third aes50 port for possible future use like DP48's if you should ever upgrade. Just mirror the Wing foh inputs to the M32 for your live stream sources. Regarding the P16's, they will also work fine, you have to send whatever is desired for sources to them using AES50 33-48 routing from that Wing port you selected to connect to the DL16's. The Wing does not have an Ultranet port as such but the DL16's always use aes50 33-48 from their ultranet ports.
        • June 23, 2020
        kfmoore83 Good to know. Thanks for your help Gary. So roughly - M32 A? or B?<-->B Wing A<-->A DL16-1 B<-->A DL16-2. So would the M32 just have input trim instead of gain for the livestream?
        • June 23, 2020
        GaryHiggins I would do M32 A<>B Wing A<>A DL#1 B<> A DL#2. Yes M32 would have trims (syncA) Wing sync internal-master. Wing sends to M32 via aes50 B out 1-48 menu. M32 inputs are all aes50 A in groups of 8 (or mixed 1-1 using "User Groups") Wing inputs from the DL's are aes50A 1-32. Wing aes50 A out 33-48 has to have the sources routed for the P16m's plugged into the DL16 ultranet ports. Wing aes50A 1-8 is "out 1-8" and will be the first DL XLR outs, Wing aes50A 9-16 is "out 9-16" and the 2nd DL16's XLR outs (if set +8)
        • June 23, 2020
        kfmoore83 Thanks so much Gary, that helps a lot! Cheers!
        • June 23, 2020
    • kfmoore83
      TonyHill Hey guys new guy here I hope I'm doing this tread thing right. Some how my computer is now longer connecting to my Wing usb. It doesn't seem to see it to receive audio thru the USB port. It will connect to update firmware but not for my computer to send audio to it...Help...PS I do Love My Wing...Behringer/Midas is the BEST!!!!!!
      • July 5, 2020
  • Dougal
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-19
    Good afternoon. As per the title, when I connect the XR18 to an Ubuntu computer, all channels are present as expected and audio levels from laptop to XR18 are fine. The trouble is that the return audio is very very quiet, barely registering on the audio settings dialog for the computer. I am fully aware that this might be (probably is) more an Ubuntu problem than a Behringer one so i have a similar question on the AskUbuntu forum. But, hey just maybe someone here has met the same problems. Ta in advance. Dougal
    read more...
    0 210
    • Dougal
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dougal, I'm using linux Mint, which is Ubuntu based and not having any issues with the XR18 (or MR18, X32 or Wing). Make sure you are using Alsa not Jack. But if you are getting low signal from XR18 to your DAW, it is possible that your routing in the XR18 is incorrect. What do you have set on the In/Out, USB Sends screen?
      • July 19, 2020
    • Dougal
      RexBeckett The default routing on In/out -> USB Sends feeds the USB output (to the PC) directly from the XR18 preamps. The output level depends on the preamp gain settings. These should be set so that the input meters peak at about -12dBFS at performance volume. This gives a good recording level with sufficient headroom for performance variation. If the recorded level of the tracks is lower than shown by the XR18 input meters, check if Ubuntu is applying digital attenuation in the audio settings for the XR18 USB device.

If the USB Sends have been routed from other points in the channel processing, it would affect the recorded levels.
      • July 19, 2020
    • Dougal
      Dougal Hi Paul and Rex.
      Thanks for your replies.
      Here is a screenshot of the USB routing page.
      Where would I find the Ubuntu digital attenuation settings? I have tried using the Settings > Sound page, the effects of the input level that is set there appears in:
      pacmd list-sources.
      Yes, my system uses alsa.
      • July 19, 2020
      • XR18 USB audio to Ubuntu 18 laptop is quiet.
        Dougal Hi David. Sure thing, also in screenshot is Pulse Audio Volume Control showing laptop input gain (153%) and input level (only just registering)
        • July 22, 2020
  • TedRackley
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-09

Hi all,

Our band just got an X32 Rack. I set all send/busses to IN/LC so that when I have a mute group that mutes all input channels going to the main PA musicians can still hear themselves to warm up, set up their in ear levels, etc. 

It worked well for a few days, but we did a gig last night where we had another sound guy who was going to listen to our FOH mix, so I saved our scene to the next scene to give him a mix to play with that wouldn't affect our soundchecked preset scene. But then the mutes on the channels killed our bus/sends. I went back to our original scene and we still have the same issue. 

I tried changing/toggling the sends taps to every other setting to try get it to come back to mutes not affecting the sends, but it won't do it. 

This muting issue affects the busses going to the analog outputs as well as mix busses assigned to certain P16m channels. One thing that is weird is that when muted, any channels assigned as direct outs to P16m Ultranet channels can still be heard when muted. 

I think I found a bug, and it's frustrating. Has anyone else had this issue?  Any ideas for a fix?

read more...
    0 209
    • TedRackley
      GaryHiggins I don't know if it's a bug exactly but it is how the mutes work. The fix is to use dca mutes. Make a dcc group that includes all ch's and mute that dca. All FOH/main l/r ch's will get muted but not your monitor buses. Make sure dca mutes is NOT checked in the mute system setup checkboxes section.
      • October 9, 2020
    • TedRackley
      TedRackley Hmmm. I don't think it's supposed to work that way, but I'll try that as a workaround. If the mutes are supposed to kill the sends, why is there an IN/LC tap and an IN/LC + M tap?
      • October 9, 2020
      • X32 Rack, channel  mute is affecting send/bus
        GaryHiggins It's worked like that all along afaik. I think we are talking apples and oranges here. Only the staging menus have the tap points like that for routing. (outputs 1-16, aux out and ultra net out)
        • October 9, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto What Gary is saying is correct. The channel mute affecting the sends is by design. I tried back in 2013 to get them to change that. But there were reasons why it couldn't be changed (don't exactly remember the reasons). The +M taps are for the staging menus only as Gary mentioned.
        • October 9, 2020
    • TedRackley
      TedRackley What is a staging menu? And why was it working before and now isn't working?
      • October 9, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Gary explained the staging menus in the Routing section. These include the Out 1-16, Aux Out and Ultranet screens. If you have always sent channel signals to mixbuses, then outputted those mixbuses to physical outputs, then channel muting will always affect those sends. If you had something working before, then I would suspect there was some routing changes.
        • October 9, 2020
    • TedRackley
      TedRackley https://dbbaudio.com/2017/x32-output-tap/ According to this article, Drew Brashler says: What is +M for?
      The +M stands for with mutes enabled. “IN/LC, PreEQ, PostEQ, and PreFdr” are taps that are not affected by the mute button due to those being placed before the fader in the signal flow. So, Behringer & Midas decided to add the +M to allow any of these taps to be muted.
      • October 9, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto He is correct. But these taps are output taps (Routing, Out 1-16, Aux Out and Ultranet), not channel sends taps. Channel sends taps are found on the channels' sends screen and do not have these +M designation. That is because these are all post channel strip mutes.
        • ·
        • October 10, 2020
    • TedRackley
      TedRackley Thanks, Paul! I get it now. I believe that when I had input channels muted, I was still hearing direct channel outputs only on my P16m (which are not affected by input channel mutes) and not MixBus channels on my P16m (where I have a keyboard/synth group, background vox mics group, guitars group, etc.), and thought I was hearing everything. I had to make groups of things because we use 38 inputs, but only have 16 channels on the P16m's. I'll check it out on the gig tonight. If I mute a DCA, is that the same as just pulling the DCA fader all the way down? I.e. it won't mute the channels, so the sends will still work, but it will take those channels in the DCA group all the way down, i.e. out of the mains?
      • October 10, 2020
  • JKing
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-21

Recently updated my goxlr driver, but now I can't hear any audio from my PC into my headphones, the interface works, both digitally and physically, I can hear my mic inside the goxlr, but any videos, music programs, etc I can't hear in my headphones. What can I do to fix this?

read more...
    0 206
    • JKing
      AlexLane I suspect you just need to select the GoXLR as the active audio device, click on the sound icon in system tray, click on the text above the volume slider and select it.
      • July 22, 2020
  • SpirosPatras
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-02

Hello everybody. This is Spyros Patras from Athens - Greece.

I have a problem in my XR18 Behringer digital mixer. The problem is that: Most of time i have no sound in the left main channel. Other times i have a very low signal in the left (The right is in 100% and the left in the 15%).

I opened the mixer to find any problem i can see with my eyes (some friend who had the same problem told me that he opened the mixer and put again a cable tape in it's place and it was okay again) but with no luck.

I am working with the left main channel taken from the AUX6 until today but i want to find a solution because i need all my 6 Auxilliary buses again. I tried everything from the X-air edit application such as routing etc.

Do you have any opinion about this ?

Thank you for your time.

Spyros

read more...
    0 197
    • SpirosPatras
      Paul_Vannatto In the photo provided, there is nothing connected to the Main L output. So if you are having issues with Main L, you are using something else, making it a routing issue. Please use X-Air Edit (Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi) to export your scene to a file, save it in the cloud (eg. Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) and post a shareable link. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • October 2, 2020
  • kjw16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Hi, 

On the Behringer XR18, is there a way to convert the 16 channels of digital audio coming from the ultranet port to 16 channels of analog audio coming out of a 16 XLR snake?

Because I want to ideally be able to have 16 more outputs to feed other speakers as I am not using any P-16s and do not want to spend lots of money on a digital stagebox or a digital to analog converter.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

read more...
    0 190
    • kjw16
      Paul_Vannatto There is no unit that converts Ultranet to 16 XLR. The only solution is to invest in some Turbosound Ultranet compatible speakers, such as the iQ12, etc.
      • October 27, 2020
      • How to convert Ultranet port on Behringer XR18 to 16 XLRs
        kjw16 Hi thanks for reply. Yes I’ve heard about these speakers. However it is a big investment for me.

Instead couldn’t I get up to four channels of XLR by using the Radial Catapult Mini RX 4-Channel Reciever?
        • October 27, 2020
        kjw16 Because this can receive up to 4 channels of audio over a Cat-5 cable and convert it to 4 XLRs.
        • October 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Those Radial units simply uses the 4 twisted pair wires that are part of the cat5 cable to transfer audio from the Radial transmitter to receiver. Ultranet is a proprietary digital protocol that will not work with something like those Radial units.

Those Turbosound iQ speakers are well worth the investment. I used 2 iQ12 on the shores of Lake Erie earlier this month for my son's wedding. Even with the sound of the lake's waves, everyone that came (with social distancing) could hear clearly, even those at the parking lot (about 350' away).
        • October 27, 2020
        kjw16 Thanks a lot for the info. Really appreciate it.
        • October 27, 2020
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2020-06-19
    Looks like V 1.07 is out, link on the Facebook site. A lot of what people begged for!
    1 188
    • GaryHiggins
      GaryHiggins from pdf
      • June 19, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      GaryHiggins Link to Wing Firmware 1.07 https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeuvqyrwka6cskg/WING_Firmware_1.07.zip?dl=0
      • June 20, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      KlausMock Hm, why has Behringer/Musictribe decided to inform the "community" via Facebook, a platform I do not use for several reasons, and leave pople like me alone? And why is the new firmware not available on the products download site? Strange behavior imho.
      • June 20, 2020
      • Wing Firmware 1.07
        GaryHiggins Hey Klaus, I think it was leaked on Facebook, still not out officially as far as I know
        • ·
        • June 20, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      bjamestx I’m not finding the link on their Facebook page. Or the file in the Wing firmware downloads web page. Could you please post one or the other? Maybe Behringer removed it. Thanks!
      • June 20, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      GaryHiggins Link is above....
      • June 20, 2020
      • Wing Firmware 1.07
        bjamestx Gary, thank you my friend.
        • June 20, 2020
  • New
    WilliamBurden
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-01

I am trying to send the audio from the X-32 rack mixer to my computer for streaming 

Any hardware or software suggestions for improving the audio signal?

0 186
    • WilliamBurden
      RexBeckett Hi William, I would send the required mix through USB tracks 1 & 2. AFAIK Zoom doesn't support ASIO so can only use the Windows WASAPI interface which is restricted to USB 1/2.. I find it helps to have a little compression on the mix. In the Zoom app, use the audio settings to configure it for music otherwise it tends to classify it as noise and attempt to suppress it. I also disable Zoom's automatic mic level and set the level manually.
      • November 1, 2020
  • New
    DavidAubin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-06

Started live streaming our church service a couple of months back and I am not satisfied with the audio over the stream, it's clear, but harsh.  We are still doing our in house service as well.  I have the mix where i want in the house and all I am doing is sending the channels I want for the stream to matrix, before EQ, assigned to a different output.  Some of the lower channels I send to bus then to the matrix to boost that channel.  Micing the room is not an option as it's not an ideal venue(but what is?).  What I have been told is that there is software that can be added with some premixed effects and EQ that i can send from the direct out to one of the aux buses for live streaming.  Is this something from Midas/Behringer or a third party thing? 

read more...
    0 177
    • DavidAubin
      DavidKnighton Hello David Aubin,
      Whatever this added software is would be third party/external. There's no additional software that can be mounted to the operating system of the M32 console. What I can tell you about live stream mix is that most of the time, venues will dedicate a mixer for the venue, and another mixer for the live stream. The reason for this is because as a FOH operator, the inputs are EQ'd to sound good in the room, not through a laptop, phone, or tablet. This is likely why the mix sounds harsh on your live stream. What I would suggest is send all the inputs RAW out of the console to either another console, or to a computer, then mix it to where it sounds good coming out of a laptop or smart phone. Mixing on a pair of reference monitors may get you close, but the real deal here is that laptop speakers and phone speakers are super small and tinny, so you're better off referencing your mix directly off the live stream so you can make real time changes.
      • November 6, 2020
    • DavidAubin
      DavidAubin I know why it sounds harsh, we are a portable site and don't have the room for another mixer. I was going to try mixing it raw on a computer but seeing if there was something else available. Thanks
      • November 6, 2020
      • Midas M32 room mixing and live stream mixing
        DavidKnighton Hello David,
        Have you considered maybe an X32 Rack or M32C? Both units are relatively compact, and you can do most of your mixing from an iPad or laptops. It would be simple enough to daisy chain the main console to a 2nd unit and then you have all the creative processing in your hands for your live mix.
        • November 6, 2020
        DavidAubin Looking into it actually. Just need the budget.
        • November 6, 2020
    • DavidAubin
      KevinMaxwell How many inputs are you presently using on the M32? Do you have any idea if it is particular channels that sound “harsh” to you? Are you sure that you aren’t clipping the signal somewhere in the feed to the live stream. They are very susceptible to being over driven. See below how we dealt with that.

One church I helped set up their X32 for live streaming we took each channel post fader to a Mix Bus (7) and if you needed more or less of that in the live stream they would adjust to taste. This included the vocal reverb that was used for the house mix. They could also send channels to Mix Bus 7 without sending it to the L/R for the house feed. And don’t forget that you have the parametric EQ on the Mix Bus available for shaping the sound.

The way that the system is setup for live helps because the system is tuned for linearity (what go’s in is what comes out) and then vocal mics go thru a Mix Bus before going to the house mix outputs and that Mix Bus is EQed for gain before feedback. This leaves all channel EQs available to deal with making it sound that way you want that mic to sound not having to deal with and feedback issues on the channels. That gives a smoother sound that then translates to a post fader Mix Bus send working for live streaming.

I used the compressor on Mix Bus 7 at about a 7:1 ratio and set the threshold so it was always doing a little something. This was then routed to Matrix 5/6 and the matrix compressor was set to limiting (brick wall limiting) and was set while watching a test live stream and was set to be just under clipping. This was to keep the signal clean and as loud as we could get it but keep it from clipping. Keep in mind that the dynamic range of live sound is not going to work for any kind of broadcasting feed.

It might help you to get the sound you are looking for if you were to insert a Stereo Combinator from the effects rack (FX1-4 can be set to the Combinator) and play with the settings to get the sound you want.

And although it might drive you a little bit craze because of the extreme delay you could have one person with a tablet (hooked up to control the live stream Mix Bus on the M32 over WiFi) mixing the Mix Bus feed while watching and listening to the live stream in another room. I say drive you crazy because any change you make on the Mix Bus you wouldn’t hear right away because of the time it takes for the live stream to reach the person watching and trying to mix it. When we were testing this setup it was around 26 seconds.

I hope this is of some help to you.
      • November 6, 2020
        DavidAubin Thank you for the reply. This is actually what I am currently doing. Everything is a compromise in this manner and I will never be satisfied with it.
        • November 6, 2020
        KevinMaxwell How many inputs are you presently using on the M32?
        • November 7, 2020
  • revdrlon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-15

Hello, when i open X-Air edit in windows it just crashes. I have found the folder where "X-AIREdit.init" is stored and when I delete that file it allows the program to open. When i close the program and go to open it again it crashes. I have to delete the file again. That file stores the last used mixer settings. When iI delete that file I have to sync from the mixer to the pc to get all my setting back. I can do this process every time but it shouldnt have to be like that and I am getting frustrated.

read more...
    0 168
    • revdrlon
      Paul_Vannatto What version of X-Air Edit are you using? Current version is 1.5. There is a possibility that one of the files in the AppsData\<>\Roaming\X-Air Edit folder is corrupt. Delete that whole folder and try again.
      • August 15, 2020
    • revdrlon
      revdrlon I have to delete that whole folder every time I try to open the program, that is the problem. I've redownloaded the program a few times, it is the newest version on the website.
      • August 15, 2020
      • X-Air edit for pc crashes upon start (Windows 10)
        revdrlon replied
        • August 15, 2020
      • X-Air edit for pc crashes upon start (Windows 10)
        Paul_Vannatto I just downloaded and ran the X-Air Edit 1.5 (from the XR18 product site) on my wife's Win10 laptop (I use linux Mint) and it runs fine.
        • August 15, 2020
    • revdrlon
      NicJonesMT Hi There.
      Could you please open a technical support ticket and we can go through some additional trouble shooting with you.
      Please ensure that you provide the following;

Are you running as Admin?
      Have you tried in compatibility mode?
      The Precise Win 10 version you are using (Found in About my PC)?
      Do you have a Mixer connected when it crashes?
      Can you run the app from another PC?
      Can you confirm your PC specifications?
      • August 17, 2020
Go to page