Statistics

223,659 members
97,876 posts
  • New
    Slip
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

I just recently got a new pc and after downloading the software none of the profiles are loading. i tried using one drive and send-anywhere to get them to upload, but nothing works. I cant even create a new profile. I have no idea what the issue is.

read more...
    0 166
    • Slip
      PedroRodrigues Hi Matthew, can you please confirm that you did you save your profile before or know where it was saved before?
      To confirm please go to system -> global settings and see if the files are in that location
      From your description this may be caused by a windows issue.
      As Windows did an update or even if it didn't and for some reason your audio isn't playing where it used to/how it used to.
      Here is our no-screwing-around guide to getting your audio back to how it was before.
      Step 1: Check your Windows Audio Devices.
      One of the most common issues that comes up after a Windows update is that Windows has magically reassigned audio to devices that were previously disabled, or to a different TC-Helicon device. Make sure that the following defaults are set (screenshots below):
      Recording: Chat Mic (TC-Helicon GoXLR) - Default Device & Default Communications Device
      Playback: Chat (TC-Helicon GoXLR) - Default Communications Device | System (TC-Helicon GoXLR - Default Device

It is also crucial to make sure that your levels are set to 100% in Windows and that the audio device itself hasn't been muted by Windows as well.

Step 2: Check the Inputs & Outputs of the individual apps that are having an issue.
      Go into each app and make sure that the input and output is assigned correctly. To be safe, toggle the input/output to another device, save it, and then toggle it back to the correct one. Whenever possible, do not use "Default" and instead use the actual device.

Step 3: If both issues still aren't fixed, double check your Routing Table & Fader assignments.
      If everything seems to be routed properly in Windows, then we want to make sure things are set up correctly in the GoXLR App.
      • Jan 7
  • New
    КонстантинКаза
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-16

Friends, are there any software developers for XR mixers in the group? Do you think it is possible to add the ability to sync the selected channel from other devices as it is done in UI mixers?

1 161
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto Why would you want to sync a Behringer product with a Soundcraft product? Or am I misunderstanding what you want to do?
      • Jan 16
      • X-Air Edit sync the selected channel from other devices
        КонстантинКаза I want X-Air Edit to get the channel synced with the selected channel on another device such as a tablet. The way this is implemented in the UI mixers I showed in the picture. Maybe there is an open source X-Air Edit?
        • Jan 17
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto The sync'ing is done by the X-Air console, not the Edit. X-Air Edit is only a client of the OSC server built into the console. Same with any of the tablet apps, such as Mixing Station, etc. This means that as long as X-Air Edit is connected to the console, any changes made by Edit will be reflected on any tablet apps (as long as they are also connected to the console).

X-Air Edit is the official editor app developed and supported by Music-Tribe and is not open source. But the OSC protocol (communication) is available (and included in the X-Air firmware package) for anyone to develop their own app.
      • Jan 17
        КонстантинКаза Paul I know all about what you wrote, but unfortunately the synchronization of the selected channel in applications on different devices does not occur. You can check it out. I know this option is there on the x32/m32 (screen follows mixer and selected channel follows mixer) but XR mixers do not have this, so I would like to know what is needed for software developers to add this feature.
        • Jan 17
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto On the X32/M32 the Mixer UI Link settings are because the X32/M32 have a physical screen as part of the mixer itself. Those settings are actually opposite to what you want. As you select a screen on the physical mixer screen, the X32-Edit screen will change. Same with the channel selection. But changing screens on the X32-Edit will have no affect on the mixer screen or any other app's screen connected to the mixer.

Furthermore, the X-Air mixers do not have any physical screen built into the actual mixer. So those settings are irrelevant.
      • Jan 17
        КонстантинКаза In this short video, I showed exactly what I need. https://youtu.be/5Z1gfnwIUyE Is it really difficult to make the application X-Air Edit select a channel when receiving the corresponding OSC command from the mixer " / - stat/rta/source 0, 1, 2..."???
        • ·
        • Jan 18
        Paul_Vannatto I see no correlation between your video and the OSC command you mentioned. That OSC command reports the source of the RTA and has nothing to do with a channel selection.
        • Jan 18
    • КонстантинКаза
      aleksmla65 Yes, i think Constantine's(КонстантинКаза) suggestion is very good and really necessary when using the X-Air Edit software simultaneously with several devices (computer and tablets)
      • Jan 18
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto Trying to mix monitor mixes from FOH is just as near impossible as trying to mix FOH from the stage - not best practice and not recommended. Trying to do so is only fooling yourself.

I work alone for most of my events and either take the time (when available) to setup the monitors during soundcheck the way the musicians want them and/or provide them with either tablets and/or DP48 personal mixers. Once the event begins, I don't touch monitors, but concentrate on FOH. And at the end of the events, I always get great compliments about both the FOH and stage sound.
      • Jan 18
        КонстантинКаза What are the arguments here about how to work correctly and how not to work, in any case, it is correct to work as it is convenient, I am sure that it will not be difficult for developers to add this option, which will expand the functionality of the application and therefore attract customers. Since the competition has it, why not do it at home, even David Schumann promised to add it in the next update of the Mixing Station.
        • Jan 18
  • toneyrn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-12
    I'm new to Midas digital mixers, but quite experienced with audio in general and have used a digital mixer of another brand that uses a computer to control it via ethernet. I'm trying to use M32-Edit on a Macbook Pro to control a M32C which is hooked up to a DL32. The stage box and the mixer appear to be talking to each other, at least the light on the front of the stage box turns green. I ran a Cat5 cable from the ethernet port on the Mac the Ethernet Remote port on the M32C, which is illustrated in the manual. I can't seem to get M32-Edit to connect to the mixer. Do I need a router? The hookup diagram doesn't show that. HELP!
    read more...
    0 157
    • toneyrn
      balky Yes. You need a router. The mixer has to be on the same network as your computer/ipad/phone etc from which you are attempting to connect to mixer. The ip address of the mixer will be issued by router. Or you can manually assign it in mixer preferences according to your network setup. :)
      • June 12, 2020
    • toneyrn
      DaveMorrison You don't need a router, but it's a lot easier if you do. You'll have to go to Network Preferences and create Static IP addresses because neither the Mac or the M32 has a DHCP server. Like Pavel K said, get a router.
      • June 12, 2020
  • Julian1234
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-06-13
    Hi..... When I open the recorder/player, it doesn't see the flash drive or the songs, plus it won't record?? The flash is exFat and the song is a wav. When I click record, the graphic tape moves for a split second but then stops. I also notice that the LED next to the flash USB doesn't light up. Please can anyone help? Thanks
    read more...
    0 157
    • Julian1234
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Julian,
      The USB has to be formatted as FAT32 (not Mac Fat32) and should be USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0)
      • June 13, 2020
      • USB flash not recognised on Behringer XR16
        Julian1234 Hi Rex, cheers for helping - the song says 'bits per sample' 16. I don't know what the sample-rate of the console means, how would I check?. Thanks
        • June 13, 2020
        Julian1234 Hi again Rex, I just recorded something which is at a sample rate of 48kHz. The song is 48.1. Is the .1 significant? J
        • June 13, 2020
        Julian1234 Sorry, I meant the sample rate is 44.1kHz, so that seems quite different. Is that it?
        • June 13, 2020
        RexBeckett The XR16 can run at a sample-rate of 44.1kHz or 48kHz. You can see/change this with XAir Edit on the Setup -> Audio/Midi page. CD music is always 44.1kHz. Music for/from videos is usually at 48kHz.
        • June 13, 2020
    • Julian1234
      Julian1234 PAUL and REX, Thanks for your help, between you it's sorted, thanks
      • June 14, 2020
  • Goetz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-31

Hey everyone,

we fixed an issue a few customers had with booting WING while being connected to a Mac running 10.14 or 10.15 Firmware 1.08.1 is now live!

read more...
    2 156
    • Goetz
      KlausMock Hi, I just tested it and almost anything seems to work fine. But if you have a tap tempo button assigned to a UDK and use it in the 4-channel section the button to not flash as it is doing in the custom control sections.
      Regards
      • August 31, 2020
      • Behringer WING – Summer Update V2
        Goetz Thanks Klaus, I'll let the dev team know!
        • September 1, 2020
        Goetz Klaus, as it turns out this is not a bug but a feature. :-)
        • September 1, 2020
        KlausMock Can you explain that? And some more ideas for the dev team. Routing: allow tap points similar for output routing similar to the mechanism of the X32 outputs. Add more User Signals and also there a more detailed selection of the tap points. Add possibility to direct patch input and output sockets for channel and bus inserts to avoid of burning FX slots. Add possibilty to rearrange the processing on busses too. And at last. When would we get a full offline editor for PC, Mac, Linux ans Raspberry and also a more detailed reference manual? Regards
        • September 1, 2020
  • New
    TomCosaert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-18

Hey! I have a Midas MR18 digital mixer (similar to the Behringer XR18) and want to connect from its (balanced XLR, mono) AUX outputs to the (unbalanced TRS, stereo) AUX inputs of a Behringer HA6000 headphone amplifier.

Depending on the number of participants (mix-minus feeds for each), I would like to support the following two scenarios:

1. stereo (L/R) headphone monitoring up to 4 people (Midas MR18 limit)
    2. mono (R+R) headphone monitoring up to 6 people (Behringer HA6000 limit)

To be sure not to damage anything, I'd rather not start experimenting with different cables. Therefore, I have two questions (and a follow-up question, depending on the answer of the 2nd question):

Question 1: Would a 2x XLR female to TRS male cable (wired as illustrated below) work for stereo (L/R) headphone monitoring (scenario 1), connecting (paired) MR18 AUX outputs to single AUX inputs of the HA6000?

This would accomodate 3 headphones (AUX outputs only), or even 4 headphones (if I use the MR18 Main L/R outputs as well), to enjoy stereo monitoring.

Question 2: Would the same cable also work for mono (R+R) headphone monitoring (scenario 2), when simply not connecting one of the XLR ends and pressing the "MONO R" button on the HA6000, or is leaving the ring (or tip) signal of the TRS cable "floating" like this a really bad idea?

This would accomodate 6 headphones to be able to monitor in mono (mirrored).

Question 2b: In case using the same cable for scenario 2 is not recommended (see above, question 2), would an XLR female to TS male cable be advised?

Thanks a lot for any help with this! I've been searching the internet for hours already, but could not find any definitive answers to these questions. It seems not a straightforward thing, wanting to connect the MR18 to a HA6000, or similar device with unbalanced stereo inputs.

Note: I currently also own the Behringer AMP800 (which has balanced inputs and allows the use of regular XLR to TRS cables) but I want more connectivity options. Unfortunately, it seems headphone amps with more balanced inputs are not that common.

read more...
    0 151
    • TomCosaert
      RexBeckett Hi Tom, your cable wiring is correct for dual XLR-F to TRS stereo. This should also work for mono if the HA6000 is switched appropriately.
      • November 18, 2020
      • Midas MR18 AUX Outputs to Behringer HA6000 AUX Inputs
        TomCosaert Thanks for the confirmation. Greatly appreciated!
        • ·
        • November 18, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-12-21

WING Copilot 1.4 Release – Phase 4

The Copilot app supports different types of live or studio work, either when an engineer is away from the console or when tasks are split with others.

Phase 1. Performance Setup:

This section is especially tailored to the activities during setup and line-check. Prepare all Sources and Outputs while patching signals to I/O boxes on stage. Sources can be named, tagged, given a color or an icon. Sources also own the head-amp properties such as gain or phantom power.

Phase 2. Metering:

Additional metering can be displayed on your iPad next to your console touchscreen. It includes levels of all Sources, Channels and Outputs and an RTA that can follow the selected channel or be assigned to a fixed signal path.

Phase 3. Monitor Mixing:

The Monitor Mixing UI provides the essential parameters of personalized monitoring applications. In addition to individual channel sends, this section also provides an MCA view, where several channel sends can be adjusted by a single Mix Control Association. It also offers a lock function to reduce the risk of accidentally selecting the wrong bus.

Up to 4 MCAs can be given a descriptive name for the associated group of channels, and a color can be selected for additional clarity. Once the channel assignments are made, the MCA sliders can be used to increase or decrease the level of all associated channels.

Individual channel contributions to the personal mix can still be adjusted on the Mixer tab but dynamic adjustments during performance are easier using the MCA sliders.

Phase 4. Front of House:

The FOH section is designed for mixing from within the audience, essential when placing the console in a less than optimal position. Aside from good overview of all fader layers, this section also provides access to the processing of channels, buses, mains and matrices.

Key Features:

• Customize all Sources, Channels and Outputs
    • Declare WING Sources as Mono/Stereo/Mid-Side
    • Configure head-amp properties
    • Patch Sources to Channels and Outputs
    • Create and control connections between Channels, Buses, Mains and Matrices
    • Set up and control the Talkback
    • Metering for single Sources, Channels and Outputs
    • Control Monitor-Mixes for IEMs and wedges

Requirements:

* Requires a wireless router connected to the WING Personal Mixing Console

* Copilot 1.4 requires WING console firmware V1.10 or higher

iOS:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wing-copilot/id1447618712

Android: 
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=musicgroup.wapp&hl=en_GB&gl=US

More info on the Behinger WING console: 
    https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BV2  

read more...
    0 141
  • LievenBlindeman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-22

Hi,

I have X32 with firmware 4.02 + X-live card firmware A12

X32 Edit (Mac) version 3.2 recognises the X32 but won't connect.

Tells me to update the firmware.

I can't find any newer firmwares.

What should I do?

Thanks

read more...
    0 140
  • DougAlexander
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-05

My computer works just fine with the X-USB card in my X32 Rack.

However if I restart the computer, the X-USB is not recoginized (by the computer) unless I recycle the power on the X32 Rack.

I have two X32 Racks, and both have same behavior.

(For contrast, I also have an X-UF card that seems to NOT have this problem when I install the X-UF in my X-32 Rack. i.e. when I start up computer, the X-UF is always nicely showing as an audio device... I do not have to recycle power on the X-32 Rack like I do with the X-USB)

I am used to just unplugging and replugging the USB cable to fix USB Audio connection problems but that does not help the X-USB ... I must recycle the power to get the X-USB  working.

Should I just accept "that is how it works" (must recycle power on X-32 Rack to get computer to recognize the X-USB)?

read more...
    0 139
    • DougAlexander
      Nigel67 Hi Doug. I wasn't aware of this issue. I will ask the design team and get back to you. Are the X32 Racks and X-USB cards all running the latest software versions and you have the latest ASIO (if running Windows) drivers installed?
      • October 4, 2020
      • X-USB not recognized until X32 reboot
        DougAlexander Upon further inspection, one of my X-USB cards was still on an older firmware (v0.06 I think). I just now updated it to v0.10. I will see how it behaves now, and follow up.
        • October 16, 2020
    • DougAlexander
      DougAlexander X-32 and Card have latest firmware. I downloaded the X-USB software from X-32 website (that puts the icons in the Windows system tray). That is all you are referring to, right? BTW, my computer is built by pcAudioLabs (they build computers for music/video production).
      • October 4, 2020
    • DougAlexander
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Doug (good to see you again), have you tried unplugging then replugging the USB cable after a reboot? What ASIO drivers (name and version #) are you using? I don't remember having this issue. But it has been awhile since I used the X-USB card (I currently use the X-Live card).
      • October 5, 2020
        DougAlexander I do not understand "What ASIO drivers (name and version #) are you using? ". I installed the X-USB driver. Isn't that the right driver?
        • October 6, 2020
        DougAlexander I did detect I was on 4.11 driver and upgraded to 4.59 driver. Same problem: After rebooting computer , X-USB does not show up. Unplugging/replugging USB cable does not remedy the problem. Recycle power is only remedy I find.
        • October 6, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto The X-USB drivers are the ASIO drivers. The reason I ask is that there have been numerous users install the X-UF USB drivers because the version number is greater than the X-USB USB drivers (and of course it won't work). Have you gone to the the Windows Device Manager to have a look at the USB drivers?

Another thought, are you using the full X32 console by chance? If so, there are 2 USB ports on the back of the console. The one in the middle was never implemented. Have you by accident plugged into that port?
        • October 7, 2020
        DougAlexander I am on X-USB driver version 4.59 I have two X32 Racks, both have same issue.
        • October 7, 2020
    • DougAlexander
      metrojuno121 I have this issue too on a Mac Pro running Mac OS 10.14.6 and 4.03 Firmware on the X32 rack. Initial boot connects fine to the X32 and the X USB is seen by the Mac as core audio device 32 by 32. If the Mac Pro is subsequently rebooted then the X USB is not recognised until power is cycled on the X32. It's a bit of a pain when using with Ableton for example - I have to remake the settings in Live preferences each time due to the absence of the card and Live goes back to using internal speaker! As with Doug here, unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable does not cure the problem - only a power cycle on the X32.
      • October 18, 2020
  • WillemKrabbe
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    Hello, I got a replacement for my wing, due to Corona didn't use it for a while. I have 3 problems. 1. Sometimes the screen jumps to something i didn't select. Is this a ghosting issue again? 2. I tried to replay previous recorded sessions with Tracks from PC or Mac via USB B cable. The Wing doesn't show up on the PC and Mac. Not in the Wing control panel, nor in the preferences in Tracks. I tried different USB cables, no effect. When I switch the Wing to WING OS or WING DATA the drive pops up in my pc or Mac. What could be the problem? 3. The fan is noisy and seems to slow down.
    read more...
    0 132
    • WillemKrabbe
      GaryHiggins It sounds like the screen issue is another bad unit. Maybe you need a new distributor? I would contact CARE for direction. I’m really sorry to hear this for your sake. Fan sounds faulty also.
      • June 23, 2020
    • WillemKrabbe
      john0121 Hi Willem, John here I work in CARE in the UK. Really sorry to see the issues with your WING, unfortunately this is going to require service or replacement. Could you please fill out the service request form via the support button at the top of the screen? We will be able to work out the next best steps with you, please include your proof of purchase/ invoice and a video showing the fan issue would be good too. Look forward to hearing from you.
      • June 24, 2020
      • Wing firmware 1.07.1 ghosting issue and no audio over USB
        john0121 Hi Andy, sorry I know there has been some frustration with the website and accessing the correct page over the past few days, the forms are running smoothly now. Please fill out the service request through the support page so we can get this Wing issue resolved for you. We really want to get to the root cause of the issue with the bent metal work so we can make any necessary improvements to stop this happening again. Thanks
        • July 1, 2020
        john0121 Hi Rick, can you please fill out the service request form (all working fine now) through the support button at the top of the page. I'll tell the rest of the Mixer team to keep an eye out for your case so we can get straight on to this and work out the root cause. Thanks,
        • July 1, 2020
        rickschwar Thanks John. I'm now in the system and plan to return my console next week for repair.
        • ·
        • July 2, 2020
        WillemKrabbe Hi John, I filled in a service request at the site on the 30 july. The status of the ticket is resolved? How can this be? The mixer is still with me. I had no contact what so ever? It's really annoying that I can't phone or mail directly with the tech support.
        Can you provide me some more information and what to do?
        • August 3, 2020
    • WillemKrabbe
      Francois43912 Hi Willem, Just a silly thought. Is your USB cable directly connected to your motherboard on your computer. I had the most terrible time when I first got my wing and had it plugged in to my front USB connector on my PC case.
      • July 1, 2020
Go to page