Statistics

223,647 members
97,863 posts
  • New
    Truesimon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-18

Hey, so the other day I was rewiring my desk and my goxlr fell to the gound and now the faders dont move when you hit the mute button is this something that can be fixed?

0 132
  • genesisaudiopro
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-09
    Few months ago i buy a mixer from someone on ebay, he state that the board was a unit return from midas, i use it on my home studio and wasworkinggreat but 3 weeks after start to have some problems, suddenly start to make a pop sound and all the input meters star to go crazy and all the. Output reproduce the same pop sound even after disconnecting everything from the board, i have to turn off to make the problem go away but after couple times is just making the sound. Does anyone having this problem.
    read more...
    0 130
    • genesisaudiopro
      genesisaudiopro I get the board from individual seller on ebay, what i notice is that the box have a rma number on it wich tell me that the board was send out sometime before. I took the board to a local service center and they is a psu problem but they have that board for a almost 2 months now and still waiting from them to call me back.
      • July 9, 2020
    • genesisaudiopro
      DavidKnighton Hi Manuel. I would recommend retrieving the console from the 3rd party service center and sending to Music Tribe Las Vegas for service. They will be able to turn your repair around within a week or two. The only caveat is that the console was purchased 2nd hand, so there is no warranty. You can still have the console repaired, but they will assess a fee. You'll want to navigate to the support tab on the community page and submit a request for service. Someone should be able to get you an RMA.
      • July 9, 2020
    • genesisaudiopro
      DavidKnighton Hello Manual. If the PSU is dropping out, then it will cause pops. There could be an issue with the input board as well. Did you buy the console from MusicFactoryStore or Music Tribe US eBay store?
      • July 9, 2020
  • New
    RexBeckett
    Superhero - Level 3
    2021-01-22

Following the purchase of a Flow 8 Digital Mixer, I set about learning how it worked – from a user’s perspective. This was done by connecting audio test equipment to the inputs/outputs and observing the effect of each of the controls on the various outputs. The results allowed the creation of an apparent signal paths diagram. The diagram reflects the Flow 8 functionality with firmware V11729. Subsequent firmware releases may change the signal paths.

The diagram is not part of any official documentation and is just intended to help users understand how the various controls affect the operation of this great little digital mixer.

View Attachment

Edit: Firmware V11739 provides several additional routing options. An updated diagram has been attached to a new discussion: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/310428/flow-8-apparent-signal-paths-v11739

read more...
    3 126
    • RexBeckett
      DaveMorrison Nice work. How do you like the Flow8 as a mixer?
      • Jan 22
      • Flow 8 Apparent Signal Paths (V11729)
        RexBeckett Thanks, Dave. I think that the Flow 8 is great for mixing solo or duo performers and is ideal for many streaming or broadcast applications. The hardware has been well conceived and designed and has many advantages over typical small analogue desks. The Android app needs some attention but most of the functions work.

I see the Flow 8 as filling the space between a small analogue mixer and an XR18. I have been testing it in a multi-participant streaming environment where it replaces a Xenyx QX1002USB + UMC404HD. The Flow 8 is excellent in this role - providing both a physical control surface and the advantages of a digital mixer e.g. instant recall of saved snapshots, remote control and multi-channel recording over USB.
        • ·
        • Jan 22
    • RexBeckett
      Jerrylee1 Thanks for the diagram Rex, the compressor ratios vs percentage good to know. Lots of potential in this little mixer!
      • Jan 22
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett We may as well use this discussion to collect other information that could help new owners of a Flow 8.

In the channel EQ, the Low and High bands are shelving and are specified at 20Hz and 20kHz – outside the range that most of us can hear. They have quite shallow slopes, though, so can be used to shape the bottom and top ends. I have measured the -3dB points (frequencies) for a range of settings.

Low Shelf
      0dB: 18Hz, -3dB: 31.5Hz, -6dB: 100Hz, -9dB: 125Hz, -12dB: 140Hz, -15dB: 180Hz

High Shelf
      0dB: >20kHz, -3dB: 20kHz, -6dB: 8kHz, -9dB: 6.3kHz, -12dB: 5.6kHz, -15dB: 5kHz

I think the bottom end of the Low Shelf is affected by the channel's Low Cut filter. This cannot be turned off so is set to the lowest frequency of 20Hz.
      • Jan 24
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett The Flow 8 responds to Midi messages via the USB connection to a PC. This is a one-way Midi link. The Flow 8 does not transmit any Midi messages. The Midi implementation is well documented in the Quick Start Guide. Continuous Control values can be calculated as shown below.

Fader Levels:
      CC Value = ((dB + 70) * 126 / 80) + 1

Bus Limiters: CC Value = (dB + 30) * 127 / 30

EQ Bands: CC Value = (dB + 15) * 127 / 30

Low Cut: CC Value = (Frequency - 20) * 127 / 580

Channel Gains: CC Value = (dB + 20) * 127 / 80

Pan/Balance: CC Value = (Setting + 1) * 127 / 2
      • Jan 24
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett A frequent question about the Flow 8 is: How easy is it to use a multi-layer surface wthout motorized faders? I find it surprisingly easy - for example:

When you change layers, the Offset LEDs above each fader show you when they are not synchronized. When you move one of the faders, the small LCD screen shows the dB value it should be set to and a moving line shows how far and in which direction you need to move the fader. This is a very handy feature which I have not seen mentioned in any online reviews.

When changing to an FX or Monitor layer to tweak a couple of channel sends, it is not necessary to synchronize all the channel faders. You only need to sync the ones that you want to change. This also reduces the number of offsets when returning to the Main layer.

Once the principle settings are in place, I tend to leave the physical surface on the Main layer. This allows easy adjustment of channel and Main faders. I have a 7" tablet running the Flow Mix app to allow tweaks to EQ, Compressors or FX parameters. In practice, once it is sounding good, the tablet is not essential.
      • Jan 25
      • Flow 8 Apparent Signal Paths (V11729)
        Jerrylee1 Same way of working as on the earlier Studiolive Presonus mixers, it works well.
        • Jan 26
  • aparnasound
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-15
    Hi guys, I just bought the xenyx q1202 usb mixer and I want to connect it to Ableton Live to record and do live sessions on Zoom. Can someone please tell me how to get the audio from mics into Live's tracks? I connect the mic with an xlr cable, and I know that it works, because I can hear it from headphones connected into the mixer. But I'm not able to get it to record into Ableton. I checked the preferences, and set the audio input and output to "USB codec." on the CoreAudio driver on mac. Please help! Thank you.
    read more...
    0 124
    • aparnasound
      Nigel67 Hi aparnasound. Can you just confirm that in audio/midi set up / audio device you have both the input and output set up for USB Audio Codec? In Ableton - Options - Preferences - Audio Device, what do you have selected for driver type and audio device? and can you tell me the options that you have for both. Many thanks
      • June 19, 2020
  • DavidStackhouse
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-22

Hello... I had heard/read that connection from the M Air app to the MR-18 via external router is more reliable than via its internal router, so I bought an external router - a Linksys EA8300.

First, just to be thorough, I tested it conventionally with my Xfinity internet router, found that the Linksys router functions as intended, and updated its firmware. Then I plugged it into the ethernet jack on the MR-18 and set its Remote switch to Ethernet.

I set my Android device to connect to the Linksys router wifi, which it does, and says "Connected, no internet" (which makes sense).

I open the M Air app, and the connection window appears. Strangely, in the lower left it says...
    "Wifi connected to <unknown ssid>
    1.0.3"
    Then, whether I touch Search or Connect, either way the window that appears says...
    "Searching...
    Wifi connected to <unknown ssid>"
    ...but never connects.

I've tinkered with the IP address, and also with the Wifi lock, but still with no success.

One thing of note: Apparently, both the MR18 and the Linksys router assign themselves by default the IP address 192.168.1.1. I don't know if that's the issue, but I don't know how to change that for one or the other.

Bottom line... can anyone help me get this external router working right? If not, do I really even need it? So far the MR-18's internal router has worked just fine. Thanks for your help.

read more...
    0 116
    • DavidStackhouse
      GaryHiggins You need to make your XR18 settings for the ethernet (or wifi) while you are still actually connected via the built in router. Once saved you can then put the switch in the ethernet position and connect via the direct connection. Settings otherwise do not get saved.
      • August 22, 2020
      • M Air app not connecting to MR-18 via external router
        DavidStackhouse Thanks for replying, Gary.... and what exactly would this settings be, and in what screens? Thanks much...
        • August 22, 2020
      • M Air app not connecting to MR-18 via external router
        GaryHiggins Setup/network pages in M-Air
        • ·
        • August 22, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      GaryHiggins I might try a static ip, try something like 192.168.1.18 for ip, use 255.255.255.0 for mask and use the router ip for gateway 192.168.1.1 or leave gateway blank. There are other options if that’s a no go. Maybe dhcp next.
      • August 22, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      john0121 Hi David, You can find the detailed steps of connecting with an external router in the following FAQ:

https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/6886
      • August 24, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      DavidStackhouse Thanks, Gary and John... I'll give it a try!
      • August 24, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      DavidStackhouse Gary and John, I finally got around to trying your suggestions, but still have no connection via this router.

I know the router works, because I tested it with our home network before trying to use it with the MR-18.

I connected the same cable as I used during that test from the Ethernet port on the MR-18 to the Internet port on the external router. The remote switch on the MR-18 is set to the left for Ethernet.

I have named the external router network "StackLinksys". The attached picture is of the screen of my Android tablet, showing I am successfully connected to the external router via wifi. (Available networks listed are obviously other networks in range, like my home network and my next door neighbors.)

But, having tried all the methods you suggested, the M Air app still does not see the MR-18 via the external router and thus cannot connect as such. If I switch the MR-18 to Access Point, my tablet sees and connects to it just fine without the help of the external router, just as it always has.

Have you any more thoughts and suggestions on how to get this external router working?

But really, what's the point? What am I gaining by getting this external router working, other than putting another piece of equipment into the signal chain that could potentially fail when I need it most?

Thanks again for all your help. Quite frustrated...   - DS.
      • August 29, 2020
  • Jackdrummer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-02

Hi everybody!

Is there a way to do a factory reset of a M32C?

Thank you

0 116
    • Jackdrummer
      GaryHiggins You can do it via M32 Edit if you have that synced up. Don’t recall a hardware sequence if there is one.
      • October 2, 2020
    • Jackdrummer
      Jackdrummer Unfortunately I can't connect via ethernet cause all ethernet leds are off and I don't know why.
      • October 3, 2020
    • Jackdrummer
      Jackdrummer So I figured out to perform an Hard reset.
      • October 3, 2020
    • Jackdrummer
      GaryHiggins Does the M32C have the select encoder? On the X32C if you hold down the select button and then power on it will do a reset. Save everything first. On the M32C it's probably long press the select knob and then power on.
      • October 3, 2020
    • Jackdrummer
      Nigel67 There is also a reset switch in the rear panel between the midi connectors. There is a small hole in the panel and just behind this is a momentary switch. Hold this in for 5 seconds.
      • October 5, 2020
      • M32c Factory reset
        Jackdrummer Done, but it simply seems to be a reboot. No single setting has returned to original.
        • ·
        • October 5, 2020
  • Gangerd
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-13

Is there a copilot version that works on android 8.1 ?

0 114
    • Gangerd
      Paul_Vannatto It works fine on both my tablet and phone with 7.1
      • August 12, 2020
      • Behringer wing and co pilot
        Gangerd I can’t even see it as an option in my play store 1.2 wont load and 1.1 loads but doesn’t go to searching screen
        • August 12, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Odd. 1.2 loads and connects fine here. It should work on any android newer than what I have.
        • ·
        • August 12, 2020
    • Gangerd
      Gangerd I put 1.2 in the wish area then tried to install and this is all I get
      • August 12, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto That load screen looks nothing like what I have. It has a black background with the Behringer logo and "Behringer" in orange in the middle.
        • August 12, 2020
    • Gangerd
      NicJonesMT Hi Gangerd.
      Can you confirm the make and model of your Tab and the OS you are using?
      • August 13, 2020
        Gangerd I will post a pic of the information page when I get home from work
        • August 13, 2020
        Gangerd Posted
        • August 13, 2020
    • Gangerd
      Gangerd This is what I have
      • August 13, 2020
    • Gangerd
      KlausMock I tested V1.2 on my Samsung TAB A with Android 8.1 and my WING on V 1.07.2. and I have no Issues so far.
      Regards
      • August 14, 2020
        Gangerd Unfortunately I do not have Samsung just a cheap tablet it doesn't even let me do updates ????
        • August 16, 2020
  • AdamVann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my Go XLR where it skips the startup sequence and just goes straight to everything blue. None of the faders move nor does it light up in the usual rainbow fashion.

Its not detected by my PC either which leads me to think its a Power or USB connectivity issue. I do know its an issue with the GO XLR and not my PC. 

Sometimes when I add power only the 'X' lights up as well.

Ive uploaded a video to show what happens. 

Thanks 

Adam 

read more...
    0 113
    • AdamVann
      PedroRodrigues Hi Adam Vann ,are you connecting the unit directly to your computer via USB 2.0? Are you using the latest version of the GOXLR? Have you updated the GOXLR to the latest firmware? Please follow the link to access all the resources available for your unit https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK
      • September 22, 2020
      • Go XLR Start Up Sequence
        PedroRodrigues Hi Adam can you please send me the case number so I can access what is the stage of this process?
        • September 24, 2020
        AdamVann CAS-140304-H2J3G4
        • September 24, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Adam, I have the case, all the interaction will be via this case. Thank you
        • September 24, 2020
  • New
    Tejay
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-08

Hi, I am hoping you are closer to implementing DCA Spill on the Behringer Wing. I notice the X32 now has that capability. Also can the Xtouch be used to control the Wing.

Is there a time frame for the wing? 

0 113
    • Tejay
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. DCA spill for WING has been suggested and may be added in the future. If you need specific channels on a layer, you can set up customer layers using the USER layers. I'll pass along the request on X-TOUCH Control as well.
      • December 8, 2020
    • Tejay
      Tejay thanks
      • December 10, 2020
  • justinlau21
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-17

I wanted to play music on my Behringer Wing directly using USB,first i use MP3 format,at it is not found by the mixer. After that i convert my music to WAV ,the mixer found it but when i play it show failure .pls help

0 110
    • justinlau21
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the Wing's clock rate (44K1 or 48) is identical to the wav sample rate.
      • October 17, 2020
    • justinlau21
      justinlau21 How do I change my wav sample rate for 48 clockrate
      • October 17, 2020
      • How To Play Music On Behringer Wing Via Pendrive
        Paul_Vannatto What program are you using to convert MP3 to Wave? Most converters provide an option of setting the sample rate.
        • October 17, 2020
      • How To Play Music On Behringer Wing Via Pendrive
        KevinMaxwell It might be easier to just change the sample rate on the Wing.
        • October 17, 2020
Go to page