Statistics

227,988 members
102,791 posts
  • New
    PeterKilgour
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-11

Does anyone have the XR18 and Macbook Air M1 working? Ineed the drivers AND XR18 app...

0 113
    • PeterKilgour
      Paul_Vannatto Since the M1 is ARM based, have you tried the Raspberry Pi version of the app?
      • Feb 11
    • PeterKilgour
      PeterKilgour Haven't tried anything yet, just wondering how it works before I buy a Mac M1.
      • Feb 11
    • PeterKilgour
      Paul_Vannatto I haven't heard of any development for the M1 at this point.
      • Feb 11
    • PeterKilgour
      PeterKilgour No, I didn't think so. I just wondered if anyone had tried it yet...
      • Feb 11
    • PeterKilgour
      Paul_Vannatto Sorry, we're too poor to get one of those...
      • Feb 11
  • GeorgeKoleve
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-10
    Hey guys! Anyone have a clue when Midas is going to release compatible offline editors on the PRO series for macOS Catalina? I've got some shows coming in a while and i can't create my show files. Thanks!
    1 112
    • GeorgeKoleve
      Dale_M I am afraid there are no plans to create OLE for catalina as it is 64bit
      • July 10, 2020
    • GeorgeKoleve
      GeorgeKoleve It is a bit odd to have OLE for M32 and X32 but not for the PRO series... I can't understand it. Is there any good reason not to do it???
      • July 10, 2020
    • GeorgeKoleve
      Dale_M The M32 edit and Offline editor are for two very different software platforms and are not related to each other. The PRO series OLE was built on 32bit and would require as massive resource to rebuild to be usable on 64bit.
      • July 10, 2020
    • GeorgeKoleve
      GeorgeKoleve Ok understood! But come on.. It's 2020.. And this is a product for professional use. They must have our backs covered at anytime. Anyway i emailed them and i hope they answer and better off i hope they come up with a solution. Frankly i really like the pro series console due to ease of use and in terms of sound quality. But not being able to create my file pre show is quite a problem for me. Hope they make it!
      • July 10, 2020
    • GeorgeKoleve
      GeorgeDougherty Could you run parallels and the Windows editor?
      • July 27, 2020
  • niyineyo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-21
    I updated my Mac to version 10.15.5 and I couldn't access my X AIR 18 software. It was totally deleted. I can't find the download online anymore. Can anyone help ?
    0 110
    • niyineyo
      GaryHiggins https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html
      • June 21, 2020
    • niyineyo
      niyineyo I went through the page and ended up here. See screenshot.
      • June 21, 2020
    • niyineyo
      GaryHiggins This is the link when I’m at the XR18 download page https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html I’m not sure why you end up elsewhere....
      • June 21, 2020
      • X AIR 18
        GaryHiggins I can’t tell if my screenshot attached or not....but the link I posted gets me here...
        • June 21, 2020
    • niyineyo
      niyineyo It took me there and when I clicked on it . It took me to the 2nd screenshot. Which then took me to the 3rd screenshot.
      • June 21, 2020
      • X AIR 18
        GaryHiggins Ok, sorry. They have just recently updated the site so maybe some links are messed up. What do you need specifically? I may have copies.
        • June 21, 2020
    • niyineyo
      RexBeckett XAir Edit V1.5 for Mac is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t1uC-biOdN_gtmmlvmXlZQLETBeauoxP/view?usp=sharing
      • June 21, 2020
  • New
    Patricus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-29

Hi everyone,

I have a Behringer x32 Compact mixer with two SD16 units but have always been a bit overwhelmed by it's possibilities. The x32 mixer is connected to my PC running Ableton live via the X-USB interface.

When making music in Ableton, in order to achieve a tight synchronisation between the software & the hardware part of my home studio I have purchased the E-RM Multiclock.
    The multiclock uses audio sync that is being generated by a VST/UA plugin that comes with the Multiclock and is loaded in Ableton on a midi channel. The audio signal being generated in Ableton needs to be routed through my X32 compact mixer and into the audio input on the E-RM Mulitclock itself.

On my x32 I have the Aux Out 3 available that I would like to use to send the audio from Ableton out to the E-RM MUlticlock. I have several channels that are not in use on the x32, for instance channel 30 that I selected for the VST to send it's audio signal to (see below - screenshot 1).

So what I'm trying to achieve: send the audio signal generated by the VST in Ableton out to channel 30 of the x32 and forward that to the Aux Output #3. From there I will pick-up the signal with a jack cable and connect it physically to the E-RM Multiclock input.

I tried to configure the aux out 3 as pictured (see below - screenshot 2) to achieve this but the audio signal is not reaching aux out #3.

Can anyone help me to figure out which setting I need to change to route the audio signal successfully?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Patrick

read more...
    0 110
    • Patricus
      KyleJohnson Hi Patrick, Kyle with Music Tribe here. The Aux Out routing you have set will work as long as the signal is actually getting to Channel 30 on the mixer. Are you seeing the signal on channel 30? It could be input routing that is giving you trouble. On the Routing>Home menu, make sure the 4th column is set to Card 25-32 in order to get the signal from USB Out 30 from Ableton into Channel 30 on the X32. Then Select channel 30, and open the Home>Config page to ensure the Channel source is Card 30.
      • October 29, 2020
    • Patricus
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Patrick, in addition to what Kyle mentioned, that X32 Routing, Aux Out screenshot seems to be an older firmware screen (late 2.x or early 3.x firmware). There was a bugfix regarding the Direct Outs in one of the firmware updates, but don't recall when. I would suggest you update your firmware to the latest (4.03).
      • October 29, 2020
    • Patricus
      Patricus Hi Kyle & Paul, thank you both for your feedback. I do not think channel 30 is reaching the mixer so will be looking into the input routing like you suggested. I also checked my firware version: it's 3.07 atm so will be updating that as well. Once these are done I will report back any findings or questions.
      • October 29, 2020
    • Patricus
      Patricus Hi Kyle & Paul, thanks to your tips I now have a clock signal coming out of the Aux Out 3. Thanks a lot!
      • October 31, 2020
      • How to route audio from Ableton to the x32 Aux Out 3 channel?
        Paul_Vannatto Good to hear that you got it working Patrick
        • November 1, 2020
  • MikeDrennan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-08-26

Serious question for those that understand the inner workings of the Behringer Wing console:

Why do I perceive such a noticeable degradation in audio quality from a DP48 vs. direct from the board?

I just picked up a DP48, hoping that it would solve my greatest beef about the P16s...sound quality.  I was disheartened to discover that it still pales in comparison to a soloed bus coming right off of the built in headphone ports on the Wing.  If I create a headphone monitor mix straight off the board, my soul is happy.  There is clarity, punch, articulation and nuance from any source I throw at it.

If I send the same source straight off of the preamp and down AES50 to the DP48, the result is flat and lifeless.  I've tried eq tricks etc with some small inprovement, but it's still no comparison sonically. 

Can someone explain why this is true?  Are the headphone converters on the board that much better than a system that was purpose built to be a monitor mixer?  Is it a limitation of AES50?  Some sort of compression at work?  I just want to understand why they'd be different. 

I'm afraid the DP48 will be headed back to Sweetwater if I can't get this resolved; the bells and whistles are fun, but my number one priority is pristine audio.

Thank you all.

read more...
    0 110
    • MikeDrennan
      Nigel67 Hi Mike, I will put your question to the designers and ask for their input. Will get back to you as soon as I have an answer
      • August 26, 2020
      • DP48 Sound Quality vs. Wing Headphone Outs
        Nigel67 Hi Mike. We need to try and establish where this degradation of audio is happening. The DP48 can send audio bi-directionally - mix A and mix B. The signal you have sent to the DP48, can you return it straight back to the Wing and then solo that signal and see if you can still here the audio degradation. This eliminates the analogue output circuitry and will identify whether it is the headphone output that is your issue. Many thanks
        • August 26, 2020
        Nigel67 Another question for you Mike. What is the make of the headphones you are using. Do you know the impedance of them? Thanks
        • August 26, 2020
        MikeDrennan Nigel...I will try something like you have suggested when I get home. Returning the signal from the DP48 to the Wing and checking its integrity against “straight off the board signal”. The headphones are a high quality Sennheiser over the ear. I will have to check impedance and get back to you. The problem is, I am using the exact same headphones to A/B, and it clearly sounds better through the Wing.
        • ·
        • August 26, 2020
        Nigel67 It does sound like the headamp circuitry in the DP48, but the test you are going to do will identify this. I am sure as you have said that there is nothing wrong with the headphones, just need to know the impedance so that we can check with the same here.
        • August 26, 2020
        Nigel67 Do you have the impedance of the headphones Mike please or the model number so that I can look up the impedance? The output impedance of the Wing headphones is 23 ohms and the DP48 is 18 Ohms so this may make some difference depending on the headphones that you are using and there is also an AC coupling cap on the DP48 which will probably also affect the frequency response on the headphones. These differences do not influence the audio quality though.
        • August 28, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      GaryHiggins FWIW I don't find this to be true for the DP48 (or the P16M). I find both to be quite good. "Straight off the preamps" is pre everything and should be sort of flat. So is this then an issue of aes50 ch source and the tap of those sources? Local ch's sourced direct from aes50 are pre everything. Also, what is the Wing monitor source, Main AFL? I have not seen many (none actually) complaints regarding sound quality raised with these either here or on Facebook so I have to believe that maybe there are some settings being missed along the way. That or my ears are more shot than I previously thought.
      • August 26, 2020
        MikeDrennan Gary, thanks for chiming in. There is a noticeable difference. Even a bandmate commented on it, without my influence. My A/B setup is such: Bus 10 carries the mix for the drummer's in-ears. We have a Mimic Pro EDrum module connected to a stage box on AES50A and routed to a stereo channel, let's say channel 10. The bus solo is set to AFL. Bus 10 is set as the source for Monitor 1 in the monitor section. When monitored through headphones from one of the two Wing headphone outs, the drums are pristine and beautiful sounding. For path B, I am sending a pre-fader user signal from channel 10 down AES50C to the DP48. When I monitor the drums through this source, they are flat and boring. There is no EQ happening anywhere, and since the user signal is a pre-fader tap, I would have assumed that I'd be getting the exact same audio quality as I do from the bus monitor, which also has zero EQ or dynamics applied. I am sending a processed stereo signal from the drum module, so all of the processing on the drums arrives at the preamp and *should be the same from either the DP48 feed, or the bus monitor section. It isn't. I can't understand it.
        • August 26, 2020
        GaryHiggins So drums are coming in on one ch? Seems like you may be listening to a stereo version on the Wing sending a mono aes50 ch to the dp48. Sending a stereo bus via aes50 requires 2 ch's. If you look at aes50 as the output group and then select buses as the source group, there is a a Bus10 R and Bus10 L. You would need both. You may be only hearing a mono ch on the dp48. I think a user ch that is designated as a bus may be essentially mono.
        • August 27, 2020
        MikeDrennan Gary, sorry for the confusion. I am routed to a stereo channel on DP48. If I can get up to the studio tonight I’ll try and take some pics of my routing. I’m definitely getting a stereo signal in the headphones off the DP48. It just doesn’t sound as good.
        • ·
        • August 27, 2020
        GaryHiggins Maybe you can share your snp file here using drobox or similar? It would maybe save a lot of questions by allowing a direct comparison.
        • August 28, 2020
        MikeDrennan Gary, this weekend I am going to try and create a simple SCN to demonstrate my problem. Then I will share it. I’m also trying to figure out how to record what I’m hearing through each source to see if others can tell the difference.
        • August 28, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      Indiana Thats odd. Our DP48's all have great sound quality. All my musicians are overjoyed at how much better it is than the old DBX units we had with our Soundcraft.
      • August 28, 2020
        MikeDrennan I agree. I would expect the DP48 to give me identical quality to the headphone outs on the Wing. Trying to figure it out.
        • August 28, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      MikeDrennan All, I had a breakthrough today when I discovered that an old power user tip from my X32 days also works on the Wing...initialize console :) Sometimes when I’m working up a scene and experimenting I’ll lose my way a bit. I initialized the console in order to create a basic, no frills scene file to demonstrate my problem. I assigned my sources, reset my gain structure, and voílà...ear candy. Thanks for the support and suggestions that put me on the right track to a light bulb moment.
      • August 28, 2020
        GaryHiggins Glad it's sorted!
        • August 29, 2020
        MikeDrennan Gary, I also wanted to tell you that I missed the “long press” to assign it as a stereo channel on DP48. Even though I had signal coming in on left and right ears, it must have been stereo summed to mono. Once I figured out how to get the stereo assignment, that’s when I got what I was after. Then I could hear all of the beautiful nuance of the Mimic Pro stereo samples just as I could off of the board. You were right!
        • August 30, 2020
  • New
    mletalien
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

Hello,

I apologize for the potentially ignorant question, but here goes: for live shows, we run the bass and kick through the sub via Aux 6 output exclusively. That aux output is controlled by the M/C channel (not sure if I am wording this correctly, hopefully my description makes sense). Anyway, I want to know if there is a way to be able to send (in my case) the bass and kick through the sub via aux 6/M/C channel AND the mains LR but be able to control the output seperately (ie if I increase output for the signal to the sub, it won't affect the amount going through the mains). Thanks in advance! 

read more...
    0 110
    • mletalien
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, yes you can control the levels of the channel to the Main LR and M/C separately. The screen you are showing provides the means how to do it. The encoder 1 adjusts the level to the Main LR and encoder 2 adjust the level to the M/C.
      • November 25, 2020
      • Separating output of center M/C channel and main LR in the X32 Compact
        mletalien Hi Paul, hope all is well and thanks for reaching out with the comment, appreciated. A question (or two): Isn't encoder one just for panning L and R? Also, it seems to me that when controlling the fader through encoder 6, if you have the 'Sub' selected (encoder 2), that will affect the level of the sub. I can see ( I believe that you can accomplish what is necessary through this panel, but it seems like I am probably not seperating the two (mains vs M/C in the most effective manner....if that makes any sense. Thanks for your help!
        • November 25, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Oops. Encoder 2 adjust the send to the M/C (sub) and encoder 6 adjusts the send to LR. I had to go to my X32 Rack and have a look at the display. Typically I do everything (including troubleshooting here) using X32-Edit (which sometimes is different). Those 2 adjustments are independent.

There is a better and easier way to adjust channel sends to the mono (M/C) bus and that is by using the Sends On Fader (SOF). If I remember correctly SOF is available on the full X32 (and Compact and Producer, not on the Rack). Select the Mono master fader (4th layer on right bank of faders), then press the SOF (in between fader banks). The left bank of faders will now adjust the sends to that bus. Using X32-Edit, simply select the Mono bus and the channel faders become the sends to that bus.

If you want to have the Main LR fader to control the Mono (M/C) master fader, select the "M/C depends on Main LR" on Setup, config screen.

:Edit: Again I goofed. The two levels are independent. But the channel send tap to the mono (M/C) is post fader (and can't be changed). If you require prefader tap, you will need to use one of the other mixbuses.
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
        mletalien Thanks Paul, I appreciate it!!
        • November 25, 2020
  • Omendez454512
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-15

Could anyone help me find the latest x32 edit firmware that works with the 4.3 firmware mixing console? 

I have look in the downloads.

But the firmware for the x32 edit available there is 3.2 and it won't respond to the mixing console firmware know 4.3

Any updates on our location where I could find this would be super appreciated 

read more...
    0 108
  • JanWilliams
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-05

First, are the F1, F2 and F3 keys on the upper right corner of the Wing Console programmable like the user keys?  And if so, how would I access the programming functions?

Thanks very much

0 106
    • JanWilliams
      Paul_Vannatto No they are not, Jan. They are context sensitive to the selected function.
      • August 5, 2020
      • Programming the F1, F2 and F3 keys on Wing Console
        JanWilliams Thanks Paul. Seems like that could be expanded so that user functions could be programmed.
        • August 5, 2020
    • JanWilliams
      DickStraathof Hi, from what I found out the F1, F2, and F3 display views correspond with the first three pages of the Custom Controls.
      I have four reverb/delay effects in my first custom control layer programmed and I like the convenience that delay times and reverb length are visible at all times without touching the rotary knob first.

DickS.
      • August 5, 2020
  • New
    Phasedelay
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-05

I just recorded audio files from DAW to  my Wings memory card (2 cards connected) for mixing. Routing and effects seems to work very nice and I like the idea of mixing without my DAW. But... I haven´t find a way to record volume automation.  Is it even possible with the Wing? Typically I do volume automation at the end of my mixing process. 

read more...
    0 105
    • Phasedelay
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jyrki, what DAW are you using? Can it send midi or OSC commands for the automation?
      • Jan 5
      • Behringer Wing volume automation?
        Phasedelay Hi Paul! At the moment I use Nuendo and Studio One latest versions. I checked manual of the Nuendo and it seem s to have this OSC protocol: "Nuendo supports the recording, playback, and mixing of object-based live productions using the Open Sound Control (OSC) network protocol to control a renderer." I suppose both DAWS can send midi. I am very used to use audio sources but not so much midi (except connecting midi keyboards to DAWs midi instruments) and had to find OSC in GOOGLE;D. Could you kindly and as simply as you can explain what next....
        • Jan 6
    • Phasedelay
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jyrki, That's good news. The Wing (from firmware 1.06 and newer) has implemented the OSC protocol and is available on port 2223. Patrick and I have been working on documenting the Wing's OSC dialect and Patrick has posted the document on his website here
      https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/wing

For volume automation, you would want the DAW to be sending the respective channel's fader levels as it changes. The command for that can be found on page 38 (/ch/1/fdr).

The Wing also responds to midi commands. Changing the channel fader level is done by sending the midi cc12-63 (chan 1 = cc12) on midi chan 1. Full documentation can also be found on Patrick's site.

As well, the Wing also has a DAW implementation available in the Setup, DAW section and Patrick has documented this as well. Nuendo and Studio One are included in the preset list.
      • Jan 6
        Phasedelay Thanks! I`ll take a huge cup of coffee and....
        • ·
        • Jan 6
        Paul_Vannatto ... with Irish creme of course...
        • ·
        • Jan 6
    • Phasedelay
      -mjk- Jyrki, very soon, Patrick's AutoMate program (also available for X-Live) will be available for the WING so you can do mixing automation where it belongs - in the console. You will love the functionality of that program for mixing.
      • Jan 7
        Phasedelay Hi! I didn't get it how its even possible to sell something "digital mixer" without automation on board at this price???. The sound quality and routings etc are so superior. The WING-team and specially those who do real decisions should take a deep discussion about these kind of issues. REAL BAD POLICY. Any way, it seem that I don't have to wait too long thanks to Patrick's AutoMate. I have enjoyed very much about BW. Music tribe seems to be full of great and helpful people. Thanks!
        • Jan 8
    • Phasedelay
      PatrickGMaillot Hi Jyrki,
      You made the right move this morning :) Hope WingReaperAutoMate meets your expectations; It should and 'many' (that's all relative of course) of us either on X32 or WING use it to mix their stems.
      -P
      • Jan 14
        Phasedelay Itś good to realise that there are some GURUS with us. Thanks! I'll have an other cup of coffee in the evening and try to find out how to use it;-D
        • Jan 14
        -mjk- Be sure to leave questions on the website. Hope you are up and running by now.
        • Jan 14
        Phasedelay Hi. It seem that I can connect wing to reaper with AutoMate. Start, stop etc works nice and I can work with new tracks that I import to reaper setting output channels nicely to source group usb. "Autom On" and "ReadWrite On" light are on but I can't figure out why I can't record any volume automation with slider movements. Any ideas?
        • Jan 15
        Phasedelay Hi. Now I can write fader automation in WING and faders nicely follows my mix. Instead the recorded pan position of audio (the one that I hear in my headphones in WING) don't change even if automation line changes in the Reaper. I can see change of panning in the custom control window and in the panned channel window too. In the touch screen the pan indicator on the right lower corner don't move at all. Little help would be nice...
        • Jan 17
        PatrickGMaillot Hello Jyrki, please take the questions on AutoMate to the x32ram.com forum, or [email protected]; I don't want to pollute the Music Tribe forums with x32ram issues. I'll reply you over email.
        • Jan 17
  • djryry
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-27

Hey there, everyone.

I think I may have what could be classes as a far reaching complicated setup question.  Here goes.

We have recently purchased 3 wings and they are awesome so far [we’re just in the preliminary configuration phase.] Typical 3 console setup of FOH, Monitors and broadcast. Where things start to get a bit dicey is with our inputs. If we stay under 48 then were good. However, I’m shooting for somewhere more in the 60-70 input range which means 2 AES50 streams for all inputs to each console. I have an idea that I sketched out to possibly make this work, but man, it would be intense. I’ll share the picture here and I’m wondering if anyone has any input or other/better ways to do this…

In the uploaded attachment,  you’ll see the basic idea of how I’m  hoping I’ll be able to get stuff to and fro. A HUGE part of this working is predicated upon being able to feed two consoles from either “side” of a daisy chain. For example, inputs 1-48 could be comprised of 2 SD8s, and two DL16 all daisy-chained with one console being fed off the “open” A port and  another  console being fed off of the “open” B port at the end of the chain. There is no doubt it would be a HIGHLY involved setup that needs to be well documented in order to even have a chance at keeping things organized, but yea. Thats the deal. 

Oh. And then, yea, the DP48s are a thing as well.

View Attachment

read more...
    0 100
    • djryry
      Paul_Vannatto How many of these inputs are stereo in nature? The reason I ask is that the Wing is designed to accommodate mono, stereo or M/S. But it can only process 48 channels at any one time. This limitation is what you will have to contend with during your configuration phase.

Regarding the DP48, it is a great produce but also is limited to the 48 inputs of the AES50.
      • July 27, 2020
      • 3 Behringer Wings, 60-70 inputs across multiple stage boxes, DP48. Can it work???
        djryry When you say "automatically shifted" do you mean that if an SD8 is first in the chain, it gets assigned as AES50 inputs 1-8 and as you add boxes, they get added on top of that? Or do you mean the inverse where any stage box that is added after that SD8 becomes the first channel?
        • July 28, 2020
      • 3 Behringer Wings, 60-70 inputs across multiple stage boxes, DP48. Can it work???
        Paul_Vannatto The first is correct. Any upstream (inputs) from another stagebox coming into the B port is automatically shifted the capacity of that stagebox. So SD8 #1 would be inputs 1-8 at the console. SD #2 would be inputs 9-16 and the DL32 would be inputs 17-48.
        • ·
        • July 28, 2020
    • djryry
      djryry When you say "automatically shifted" do you mean that if an SD8 is first in the chain, it gets assigned as AES50 inputs 1-8 and as you add boxes, they get added on top of that? Or do you mean the inverse where any stage box that is added after that SD8 becomes the first channel?
      • July 28, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto We may find that it is going to get more difficult in following the various topic threads within this thread. Another option is to continue this planning via email ([email protected]). When all is finalized and all bugs ironed out, one of us could post a summary here for everyone's benefit.
        • ·
        • July 28, 2020
        djryry Copy that!
        • July 28, 2020
    • djryry
      Paul_Vannatto Regarding the offline editor, you are correct that they have not yet developed the Wing equivalent to X32-Edit. A workaround could be to use X32-Edit to get the basics setup. Then use XM32 to Wing Converter (https://sourceforge.net/projects/xm32-to-wing-converter/) to create a partial snapshot that can be loaded into the Wing.
      • July 28, 2020
Go to page