Statistics

227,999 members
102,806 posts
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-29

Hi, I have some posts of this so called forum (which is a joke), but like many people, I am unable to find the post, and probably never will. If anyone comes across my post could you let me know if I have had any response and if so could you copy and paste them into an email, my address is

[email protected]

this unlike the tribe forum, is not a joke...I would just be interested in a reply.

Thanks

Andy.

read more...
    0 12
    • andyp13
      DavidKnighton Hello Andy,
      If you go to your profile page you can see every post you've ever written. https://community.musictribe.com/profile/andyp13
      • Jan 29
      • Please help me out on this joke of a forum.
        andyp13 Wish I could, this site usually times out when I try to get to the profile page...
        • Jan 29
        andyp13 perhaps the people responsible for this should take a look at some proper forums...the Fractal one would be a good start. It actually loads up, and you can find and follow your posts, this is just like trawling through treacle trying to find a crum.
        • ·
        • Jan 29
    • andyp13
      GaryHiggins What is the BEST way to find threads you participated in (not started) This is a bigger issue for me. Depending on what device mac/pc/ipad etc you use the notifications sometimes disappear once viewed...then lost in the mire.
      • Jan 30
        andyp13 If you find a thread you participated in it would only be by pure luck, but unfortunately you will likely never ever find it.. I always include my email in a post and people get in touch that way and we continue with our discussion using email, this forum is way too slow. You will find help on this site but get them to reply to your email, as you will never ever find your post again on here ?‍♂️
        • Jan 30
        GaryHiggins Andy, it seems to depend on what format you sign on with. On my mac the little 3 vertical dots submenu on the right is also on the original thread where you can choose things like "follow discussion" and "copy link" among others. I also use my ipad or iPhone too and am unsure what that has available, I will check. As I just found out Win10 is on again off again-was not there and now is? Anyway I am inclined to use the ‘copy link’ feature and keep a file of recent links so I can find them if needed...should be an easier way for sure. Edit: The 3 vertical dot sub menu IS on my iPad, probably on my phone too FYI
        • Jan 30
  • New
    Troon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-07

Just installed an X32 at church, replacing an old Allen & Heath analogue desk and now running v4 firmware. Very impressed with the flexibility, and wish we'd updated years ago!

I'm looking for the ability to control a stereo input (CD or PC) from a single fader in the input section. I'm hoping to create a "compact" scene with all the channels we need for a normal Sunday on the first "page" of input faders to make the job easier for our operators, and would like to have stereo inputs use one fader each rather than "wasting" two. Options:

* channel LINK with the secondary channel not adjacent but "hidden" in another input bank — I don't believe this is possible, but please correct me if I'm wrong! For example, left channel on CH11 in the first "page", right channel on CH17 in the second "page".

* use a DCA to link left and right channels — but can I then assign that DCA to one of the input faders for simplicity?

* any other options?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 12
    • Troon
      LuukvanKuipers I think none of the options mentioned is possible.
      • Fri at 8:10 AM
    • Troon
      Paul_Vannatto You can use either X32-Edit (for PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi) or Mixing Station and show only one of the 2 channels of the pair. As Luuk mentioned, it can't be done on the console itself. If you want a console to do this, you will need to get a Wing, which is designed for this.
      • Fri at 2:10 PM
    • Troon
      CraigFowler If you have a PC on the same network as the console you can run Partick's X32_Commander app to psuedo-link non-adjacent channels to act as a stereo pair, then have the left fader on the input bank, and bury the right fader on another layer.
      • Fri at 6:29 PM
  • New
    BartMitchell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-17

Hello. I am having an issue with my PC losing the sound coming from the X-USB audio interface on the back of my X32. I am recording our church services with video and audio using software called Vmix on my brand new Dell PC. The last 2 weeks, both times Vmix lost the audio coming from the X32. It is very intermittent, but easy to see that it has lost the audio because the meter in Vmix for the X32 audio stops showing any signal. The X32 is still working and producing live sound for the service no problem.

Do you  have any ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot this? Thanks much!\

Bart

read more...
    0 12
    • BartMitchell
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Bart, does the new Dell PC have any USB 2.0 ports? If so, make sure the USB cable is plugged into that port. The X-USB is 2.0 compatible and does not work well with the newer 3.x ports. The other thing I would suspect would be the USB cable (yes they can go bad).
      • Feb 17
    • BartMitchell
      BartMitchell Thanks for responding Paul. Yes it does have 2.0 ports, and I am plugged in to a 2.0 port. I have tried new USB 2.0 cables, and that still does not fix the issue. I just checked the power management tab for all the USB drivers. 2 of them, had the box checked that allows the computer to put them to sleep. I unchecked the box so hopefully that was it. I will post back after this Sunday's service if it fixes it in case someone else has this issue.
      • Feb 17
    • BartMitchell
      Paul_Vannatto Ah yes, the power management issue that is showing up more and more lately with Win10 and Mac OS. I switched to linux last year after getting tired of Microsoft introducing new features that interfered with reliable audio processing.
      • Feb 17
  • New
    GaryWorsham
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-18

I'm trying to put a Boss RC-5 stereo looper into sort of an "AUX send" set up so that I can loop any 2 inputs via the AUX 5/6 busses.

The looper outputs are going to inputs 15/16 and pre recorded loops work fine on the channels.

However I'm not getting anything into the looper apparently.  I am using XLR to 1/4" cables I got from Amazon.  I put the 1/4" end right into the XR18's inputs 9 and 10 and got no level.  This makes me think the cables are bad or not wired correctly.  I have some other XLR-RCA cables which do work find to my power amp for the main output.

GND is on 1 and 3 of the XLR while signal is on 2.

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    JudeLeBlanc
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-01

I've owned 2 X32 Rack/S16 for 5 years and 2 M32C/DL32 for 1 year. Recording two track to thumbdrive used to be easy-peasey. Lately, I've been unable to do so successfully on drives that previously worked and every thumbdrive I've tried since. All high quality USB 2.0 32GB drives of different name brands. It just doesn't work withouproducing a recording that sounds like a CD skipping. Stopped working correctly on my X32 and has never worked right on my M32Cs. Help! I miss this ability! 

read more...
    0 12
    • JudeLeBlanc
      Paul_Vannatto Have you reformatted the thumbdrive (FAT32 or on Mac MSDOS FAT32)?
      • Feb 1
      • Midas M32C, M32 Live, X32 Rack, X32 Live USB Recording to thumb drive
        JudeLeBlanc First thing I tried. I always reformat PRIOR to even trying in the consoles. Some come with hidden software and I'm sure to rid the drive of it. It's just becoming a loss of a cool feature.
        • Feb 1
    • JudeLeBlanc
      GaryHiggins Probably not this simple but maybe worth asking, is the "usb 2 track" selected and not Live card?
      • Feb 1
    • JudeLeBlanc
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jude, I would suggest you submit a ticket (click on the Support above), since it might be a hardware failure.
      • Feb 2
        JudeLeBlanc Paul, it became pretty universal across my new M32c and X32 Racks. Just my thoughts, but I didn't think hardware would be suspect. Can you or someone quote to me the 'write speed' required of the USB drive to keep up with info coming from the console? I've read some folks had more success using the USB/MicroSD card adaptors with UHS cards Class 6 or above.
        • Feb 2
        Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately I don't have those specs handy. But I've been using inexpensive USB 2.0 16 and 32Gb thumbdrives (from The Source - formerly Radio Shack here in Canada) without any issues with my X32 and Wing. Granted I haven't recorded to these thumbdrives since the covid-19 lockdown (last March). So I should try it to verify it isn't a firmware issue.
        • Feb 2
  • New
    aurasystems
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-22

Howdy, new to the XR18.

I'm trying to find the best solution for my FOH engineer to have monitor access. We want to be able to solo channels etc, just like using a hard console. 

Option #1:  Add one P16M @ FOH - Requires an ethernet run & keeps operator in a fixed position.  No my preferred choice.  I see we can assign the some other channels to the P16M, such as main L/R etc. 

Option #2:  We have a Sennheiser G3/G4 wireless IEM.  It would be awesome if we could assign mix bus 5/6 to the monitor out, so we can patch the stereo IEM's there.  Is this even possible?  I see in the app settings, there is a monitor tab functions there, but it doesn't seem to do what I want it to do.  The other options is to patch out of the headphone output of the XR18 into the Sennheiser unit. 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 12
    • aurasystems
      RexBeckett Howdy, on the XR18 you can only route the Monitor bus either to the Main or Phones outputs. Only the Monitor bus provides Solo functionality. I think your best option is to use a stereo splitter cable to drive the IEM transmitter from the XR18 Phones output.
      • Apr 22
  • New
    BPLSV
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-04-23

Hello, my name is Mack Gonzales, I am a service tech at BP Lighting Sound & Video. This is one of our Midas M32 boards that had an object dropped on it. As you can see in the attached picture, the clear rectangular plastic cover is cracked. Also one of the small square displays is cracked as well. I would like to get information on replacement parts.

1 clear plastic window

1 small display cube

Thank you for the assistance.

Mack Gonzales

Service Tech

BP Lighting Sound & Video

210-521-8921

[email protected]

read more...
    0 12
    • BPLSV
      Nigel67 Hi Mack. Both spare parts can be purchased from us by sending in a spares ticket. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with availability and pricing. Many thanks.
      • Apr 23
  • New
    Gregm
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-05

No idea how is why this happened - 2 days ago

Nothing works at all, no lights, no access through Xair app.

Is there a fuse or breaker I can reset?

0 12
    • Gregm
      KyleJohnson Hi Greg, Kyle here with Music Tribe. It sounds like your mixer likely needs repair. Please submit a Service Request ticket through the Support link at the top of the page.
      • Jan 5
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-24

Thanks for BEHRINGER and WING, for more their staves.

In two days ago, I have successfully separate mix with WING x WING-LIVE x DANTE(brooklyn2) only for YOUTUBE LIVE streaming of performance.

PA main console was YAMAHA CL5 WITH RIO stageBox.

My WING already equipped with DANTE ( internal Brooklyn2 board ).

so....

I can receive 42 channels audio via only one cat.6 cable.

When rehearsal time, I can record all channels via WING-LIVE card included from factory.

after rehearsal,

We can recheck our mix with WING-LIVE playback. ( Virtual Sound Check ).

Finllay, we can achieve more delicate mix in YOUTUBE LIVE STATE.

Thanks again.

read more...
    2 12
  • New
    DanTheLion
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-24

Hey i stubeled over the Tap Flash option on my Wing now for some time and I always wonder what it does.

For the one what im not talking about, its an option you can find under Setup>Surface and toggle between Off - 8X - On

I searched the latest patchnotes for it and didnt found anything. Maybe there is someone out there who knows what it does and can bring some light in the dark.

read more...
    0 12
    • DanTheLion
      GaryHiggins Not sure I'm understanding your question correctly but I use this to have my delay time assigned to flash for tap tempo use.
      • Mar 24
    • DanTheLion
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dan, that setting will affect how a User assigned button will blink when it is assigned to the delay time. For example, assign the Stereo Delay to FX4 slot. Then using the middle set of User assign buttons, press the View button and assign a button to FX PAR, Stereo Delay, Time. The button will blink (or not) according to the Setup, Surface, Tap Flash setting.
      • Mar 25
Go to page