Statistics

305,509 members
189,818 posts
  • New
    Joso
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-26

Hello 

I want to change the channel of the soloing instrument to get a different sound and volume. Is it possible to do this by a midi foot switch during performance without too much delay. I never used midi before, so I need clear instructions. We use a Midas M32 c and the dl 16 Stagebox 

read more...
    0 358
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-25
    MIDI question now please (first time I've looked at the MIDI on the XR series)....I have connected the controller to the XR 18 MIDI in (din) midi input is set to Behringer X Air in the DAW (and standalone VST too btw) but I'm getting no data coming in. MIDI RX in is set to on for both DIN and USB in settings. Is there something else I have missed?

I have now checked three midi cables..I have doubled checked the controller is send data on MIDI channel 1 into another device (iPad) all works....please don't tell me the MIDI port is somehow snafu on the XR? I only recently bought it, brand new!
    read more...
    0 331
  • New
    zwilksch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-09

Hi, apologies if this covered elsewhere. 
    We use an a Midas M32C in our studio as an interface in an aggregate device set up with Universal Apollo Twin. We were using an older Mac and it worked beautifully. We recently got a 2020 M1 Mac Mini (OS Monterey 12.2) and for some reason the M32C doesn't show up at all as a device. We have tried different cords. We also have an X32R which does work with M1 Mac Mini as USB interface. We are currently using that, but our ideal set up is with the Midas. We tried swapping the USB Cards (put the X32 card in the M32) but the Midas still wouldn't show up as a device. We also tried the DN32 Card (M32 card) in the X32 and that works fine with the Mac Mini. The Firmware is all up to date on the Midas. I guess the question I have is about whether it's a known issue that the M32C will not work with the new apple silicon chips and if there is any tech support I can get to work through the issue? 
    cheers,

zak

read more...
    0 275
    • zwilksch
      zwilksch Hi everyone, was just wondering if there was anyone who knew anything about the above issue?
      • Feb 21
  • New
    robertholsman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-08-04

Good afternoon, wondering if anyone can assist with this. When using an X32 mixer, is there any way to remotely control the talkback mics other than by the physical buttons on the console? I need to try and set up a way of a conductor being able to talk to 2 different sets of talent when needed but they are nowhere near the console. Ideally if this can be acheived via MIDI I can build a custom footswitch. I guess they must be since you can access it via the ipad app, but with A and B being on 2 differerent tabs this is not a useable setup. With it being for a conductor I'd ideally like to be able to do it with foot control rather than hand but I'm open to any suggestions! The features on the X32 are pretty much perfect for this with the A/B routing, I just need the final bit of the puzzle!

Rob

read more...
    0 240
    • robertholsman
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Rob, about a year ago, I helped someone develop a remote talkback unit using an arduino, ethernet sheild, button switches and LED's. If you want, I can get him to explain his finished project.
      • August 4, 2021
    • robertholsman
      DwayneAasberg

Hello Robert.

Paul contacted me about your post. Last year I created a remote TB controller for our M32 console. It uses an Arduino and ethernet connection to control the M32 from a remote location. I am willing to share more details if we can figure out how to connect 1:1 (I am reluctant to display my email address here for the entire world to see...)

• August 7, 2021
    • robertholsman
      DwayneAasberg

Hi again, Robert. I just messaged you through this Music Tribe tool thing....

• August 7, 2021
  • New
    EddieYamzon
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-24

I searched the forum and Internet but I cannot seem to find an answer. 

We will use X32 and S32 (S32 should be arriving in 3 days ☺️) as IEM. We are using the Aux out for our IEM.  I want to use the combined 24 XLR outputs as direct outputs for each channel to send to FOH. How do I route this?

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 233
    • EddieYamzon
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Eddie, are you wanting to output the channels or the inputs? You are aware that by doing it this way, the FOH engineer has no control of the gains or phantom. Some engineers will take issue with that.
      • July 24, 2021
    • EddieYamzon
      GaryHiggins You could use “user out” routing. They can then be selected for both xlr out and aes50 out assignments in the order you set up.
      • July 24, 2021
      • X32 and S32 combined 24 XLR outputs
        GaryHiggins

EDIT: I rewrote this and deleted some other partial replies so as to make it more easy to follow.

You need to setup 2 or 3 of the “staging” menus first. Out 1-16, Ultranet out and Aux out are the 3 routing menus often referred to as staging menus. Out 1-16 could be set up for direct outs of ch’s 1-16, Ultranet out could be set up for direct outs of ch’s 17-32. Aux out could be set up for 6 other options, perhaps bus 1-6 (though aux out is probably not needed at all in this situation). You can then select any ch in any order from any of those 3 menus as the sources for your user out banks. Once your user out banks are set up as you like you can select the desired user out bank for your xlr and your aes50a out routing. XLR Out is for the X32 physical XLR outputs and AES50A out 1-8/9-16 is for the S32 physical XLR outputs. They will only be the same if the same source group is selected for each, they are independent of each other.
        • ·
        • July 25, 2021
    • EddieYamzon
      ValeriuM_Trufin I haven't looked at what exactly it does, but see what XLR OUT do. I am assuming logically it means you can use onboard outputs to route something else than what's selected in the OUT 1-16. So you can try going there and check if you can select any channel/signal, and then just route in OUT 1-16 the rest that will go via AES50 to the S32 outputs
      • July 27, 2021
      • X32 and S32 combined 24 XLR outputs
        GaryHiggins

If you look at the 3 menus Out 1-16, Ultranet out and Aux out (very easy to see this in X32-Edit) you will see that the source options are exactly the same for each menu. They however each can use completely different selections and are independent of each other. Out 1-16 can be for example direct outs 1-16, Ultranet out can be direct outs ch17-32, aux out 1-6 could be Matrix 1-6. A user out bank lets you grab any single ch from ANY of those 3 menus and put in any order in that user bank. Then selecting the user bank puts it where you want. So instead of routing say out 1-8 for aes50a out 1-8, you select user out 1-8, the user bank selection is output instead. The pic below shows a purposely odd user out bank 1-8 to demonstrate.

• ·
        • July 27, 2021
  • New
    Mhenry
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-20

Hello!

I purchased a GOXLR audio mixer to use with my ATEM Extreme video switcher.  Currently I have a 3.5mm audio line out to the mic 1 input on the ATEM Extreme.  I am using a Shure sm7b xlr microphone.  The sound is horrible and unstable.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Michael

read more...
    0 218
    • Mhenry
      DaveMorrison Make sure the ATEM mini is set for line level input (as opposed to mic level). The ATEM inputs are stereo—balanced outputs and stereo inputs don't normally mix well. If you are using a trs "aux cable", try connecting to the headphone jack instead of the line output.
      • October 19, 2021
    • Mhenry
      Mhenry

Hey Dave, thank you for the reply and insight! I did change the input to line level in the software and unfortunately it didn't change the audio quality. I will try connecting to the headphone jack. An engineer at the local radio station popped by yesterday and said I needed to get a line level to mic level adapter and if that doesn't work, get a DBX Mic processor. I just spoke to a BM representative and he said the ATEM's audio source only accepts an unbalanced audio signal. He said that perhaps the GOXLR sends a balanced audio signal and that could be the issue. Thanks again, cheers!

• October 21, 2021
  • New
    RayPearce
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-26

Hi,

I have a Behringer XR18 and phantom power has stopped working on all channels apart from channels 1 and 9.  Anyone know what might cause this?  I'm hoping the board layout may be such that a link / ribbon cable has come loose but would like some more info before dismantling.  Is there a service manual available?

Many thanks,

Ray

read more...
    0 216
    • RayPearce
      Nigel67 Hi RayPearce. I am sorry, but we are not permitted to distribute circuit diagrams for product. I have checked the diagrams myself and there is nothing in common at all that would make the phantom power on channels 1-9 work and 10-16 not. I think that this is more likely a hardware issue on each of those inputs phantom circuitry. The 48V volt switching for each channel is decoded on the same pcb as the mic pre's and 48v circuitry, and the chips that decode the information from serial to parallel data, if they were faulty would cause other channels to not switch as they are not in a line, i.e not 1-16. Even the ribbon cables that go from the XLR input pcb to the mic pre pcb carry other audio channels to the ones that have failed so i would expect other channels to not work as well. Is there any chance that whatever was plugged into those 7 channels could have damaged / overloaded the phantom circuitry?
      • July 26, 2021
      • XR18 phantom power
        RayPearce Hi Nigel67. Many thanks for looking at the diagrams. The conclusion may not be correct though as I think there has been a misunderstanding. I was trying to say that the phantom is working on 2 channels ( 1 AND 9 ) but not working on 14 channels ( 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 ). So the left most 2 channels on the fascia work but the others do not. It is certainly possible that the 14 faulty channels have had something plugged in that damaged them but channels 1 to 6 are only ever used with dynamic mics so never normally have the phantom switched on.
        • July 27, 2021
  • New
    juliangorge
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-23

Good morning!

I am looking for Power supply for my two Behringer X32 Rack. Both was damaged starting to make a stranger noise inside it.

We were able to get it in the past but any store has it at the moment.

(context)

We bought our first X32 and worked perfect for one year. We use it as a main radio station mixer and it is turn-on 24h-7d. One year later, after a manual restart using the front button, it never came back. With flickering lights first, then turned-off permanentelly.

We had carried to technical support here in Argentina, and they replaced the power supply.

Few months later, same issue. After this, we had to buying another X32 Rack. And now and for first time, this last is making the same noise. Our first X32 Rack was repaired for second time using this (https://www.audiosistemas.es/fuentes-alimentacion/3668-fuente-de-alimentacion-x32-rack-99000.html?search_query=x32+rack&results=4). And We need for the second one and We cannot get stock.

Is the use of 24 hours that we give to the mixer recommended? What do you think about this repeated issue? Electrical workers approved our instalations and said us We have not got problems with that. 

Thank you so much

Julian.

read more...
    0 214
    • juliangorge
      NicJonesMT Hi Julian.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      • Jun 24
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-16

Hi

Hi

Is there an internal GEQ/PEQ that I can assign to a monitor (aux) send in an XAir 18 please?

I'm pretty sure I can switch monitor sends between Post Fader and Pre Fader with one button, but is there a way I can make the monitor pre-eq please? It doesn't make such sense to me to be post-eq because that means every change in the house is going to appear in the monitors, and who wants that?

Thank you

Phil

read more...
    0 181
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Each channel has one EQ, which can be set as PEQ, GEQ or TEQ. If you need separate EQ to the sends to buses, I would suggest you invest in some P16 (which have basic EQ) that use the Ultranet port.

Using the X-Air Edit app, the channel sends taps to buses can be set as: Input, Pre EQ, Post EQ, Pre Fader, Post Fader or Subgroup (on the channel's Sends screen)
      • September 16, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi. I just watched a Youtube video on the X Air app. I'm assuming that this was the laptop version of the same software these guys want me to run using an Android Pad - correct me if I am wrong. I saw how to change the pickoff point for the aux send which is great. If I select Pre EQ is that post compressor please?
      • September 16, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto The X-Air Edit (for Windows, Mac, linux and Raspberry Pi) is a full editor, which is different than all android and iOS (tablet and phone) apps. The android/iOS apps are designed to be mixing apps. The best one available is Mixing Station Pro. I use both for all my events, using X-Air Edit (on my linux laptop) to setup and troubleshoot and Mixing Station Pro (on my android tablet) to mix the show.

The "pickoff point" is called a tap. On the X-Air console, the EQ comes before the compressor. Therefore Pre-EQ and Post-EQ are both pre-compressor. Typically you don't want compression happening in monitor mixes. If for some reason you have to have compression but not EQ, you would need to upgrade to an X32, which allows a change in the signal path to put the compressor pre or post of the EQ.
      • September 17, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not sure why you are so concerned about using the channel EQ for both FOH and monitors. These EQ are to adjust the inputs for feedback control and minor input response massaging. Typically you would want the same for both FOH and monitors. For example, a vocal mic would typically have a low cut (to cut out rumble and low end mud), a high shelf (for air) and some mid cuts for feedback control. All that you would want for both FOH and monitors. The EQ differences lies in the outputs to adjust for speaker responses and that would be done using the output EQ (eg Main LR, bus outputs, etc.). And normally all of these adjustments would be done during soundcheck and left as is for the performance.
      • September 17, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58

Hi Paul. Thanks for all the comments and tips. I only have the android tablet with this particular band and I don't know what the software is called. Unfortunately I must have been watching a Youtube tutorial for the laptop version. When the guy clicked the aux bus it activated a button to open an equalizer for the bus - so does that mean that I wouldn't be able to access that equalizer from the tablet please? I like the idea of using a Windows laptop with Edit to augment the tablet and Mixing Station Pro is only 6 bucks. I'm not a computer guy though - would I be lucky enough for the laptop to detect the wifi signal automatically?

• September 17, 2021
  • New
    FabioBarinotti
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-06

Hello everyone.
    I'm Italian and I apologize in advance for any translation errors, in which case I hope you understand me anyway.

I have a question about a technical detail about xr16 / xr12 digital mixers.
    Let's take the xr12 mixer for example. The tech specs say it has 4 programmable Midas preamp inputs.

And the other 8? I mean, what does Behringer mean by "programmable"?

What are the differences between XLR and TRS inputs? (apart of course the type of connector)

Thanks in advance for your answers

read more...
    0 177
    • FabioBarinotti
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Fabio, mic inputs are typically 1/10 the level of line level and require preamps to boost the signal to line level. On the XR12, there are only 4 mic inputs (XLR) that have preamps integrated with the XLR-F jacks. Programmable means that you can control (program) the gains and phantom settings of those preamps as part of the console's DSP and remotely via software (X-Air Edit, X-Air Mix, Mixing Station, Live Toolbox, etc.).

The other 1/4" TRS inputs are all line level inputs that do not require preamps. These are typically used for line level signals such as CD players, iPad, keyboards, etc.
      • August 6, 2021
      • Programmable mic preamp inputs?
        FabioBarinotti Thanks for the answer, but something is still not clear to me.
        You wrote "Programmable means that you can control (program) the gains and phantom settings of those preamps as part of the console's DSP and remotely via software (X-Air Edit, X-Air Mix, Mixing Station, Live Toolbox, etc.). "
        This means that the other 1/4" TRS inputs have no gain and phantom to remotly control to?
        If so, do you think it's impossible to use this mixer as a console to premix a drumset?
        The idea would be to use xlr inputs for any condenser microphones such as overheads and TRS inputs for dynamic microphones, using XLR female - stereo jack male adapters for each input...
        • August 6, 2021
    • FabioBarinotti
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Fabio, no the 1/4" TRS jacks do not have any preamps, and thus no gain or phantom. All mics, including condenser and dynamic, require preamps in order to amplify the mic level (typically in millivolts) to line level (typically in volts). If you were using electronic drums, the outputs would be line level which could be plugged into the 1/4" TRS. Otherwise, you would need more mic inputs (XLR) such as the XR16 or XR18.
      • August 6, 2021
      • Programmable mic preamp inputs?
        FabioBarinotti Thank you very much, now it's all clear
        • August 7, 2021
Go to page