Statistics

284,724 members
166,559 posts
  • New
    RichardDetwiler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

The device will not power up.  I am using a Furman power conditioner

it is in a controlled studio.  (no moisture, sunlight, overheating).  

Powerlight comes on, then dims and flickers

The device doesn't work will not connect to wifi, nor register on the usb.

read more...
    1 98
    • RichardDetwiler
      Behringer Hi RichardDetwiler. If you need assistance with your Behrin ger products, the fastest and most effective way to directly reach our technical support team is at:

https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal

- Diego
      • September 26, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      PedroRodrigues Hi RichardDetwiler before you submitting an assistance request directly with our Tech Support Team as stated above I would suggest to connect your unit directly to a wall socket and bypassing the Furman Power Conditioner to acess if the unit would operate correctly. Thank you
      • September 27, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      Dragonsfire Interesting. Were you able to get this resolved? My nearly exact same combo of hardware you showed is doing exactly the same thing since last week. XR18 (from 2017), Furman M-8Dxm - power light is dim (almost slight flicker), LAN LED's light up on mine, no one home. Power supply is shot?
      • October 25, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      Paul_Vannatto Did you plug the XR18 directly into an outlet?
      • October 25, 2021
      • Behringer Air XR18 powering up
        Dragonsfire It appears he did (and so did I) based on a previous post above that isn't showing anymore... but even a reply I typed up a minute ago just magically disappeared or got eaten by the forum? (Bad enough how slow it is. Do they run this on a RPi? Heh.)

Sadly I went ahead and looked inside my mixer and found a ton of bulging caps on the power supply. I will open a case with Behringer to see what options are available to me, as I'm sure he did the same.
        • October 26, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      Paul_Vannatto Yeah, this "newfangled" forum engine has a mind of its own. The trick is to never to reply to a reply or to a notification or an email link. And if they are using an RPi, its version 1.

Sorry to hear about the power supply. Hopefully tech support will be able to help you get it back up and running.
      • October 26, 2021
  • New
    DanLibeert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-29

Hello,

In encounter the folowing problem:

I have connected an SD8 + SD16 + SD8 via AES50 to my X32.

Now i want to use outputs 17-24 on my last SD8.

Slide switches on these tree stageboxes are set to 1-8 on firts SD8, 9-16 on second SD16 and 17-24 on last SD8.

Now i cannot find out how to configure my X32 to acces outputs 17-24 since the routing tab of analog out does not show these outputs (only 1-16 are visible).

In the meantime i have updated my firmware of the X32 to the latest version 4.x but this gives me no answer to my problem.

Can anyone help me please?

read more...
    0 87
    • DanLibeert
      GaryHiggins It’s what is assigned for aes50a outs 17-24,, stagebox xlr outputs, depending on switch position use aes50 1-8, aes50 9-16 and aes50 17-24. XLR out routing is only for the actual mixer xlr’s.
      • July 29, 2021
      • X32 + SD8 + SD16 + SD8
        GaryHiggins If you want additional sources use either the aux out or the Ultranet out routing menus, define those ch’s and select a bank from either of those for aes50a out 17-24. By default aes50 17-24 just repeats the out 1-8 analog assignments, you have to change it.
        • July 29, 2021
  • New
    Snayp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-29

I have an perfectly working one of XR18 mixer and after switching power ON - the "LD2" LED flashing some seconds and "LD1" LED lights up. On not working XR18 mixer the "LD2" LED is flashing but "LD1" LED doesn't power up. And not working mixer doesn't shows up on my computer connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet or USB. I think it is a problem with Firmware but I can't update it or doing something else because mixer can't be connected to the computer. What i have to do in this case to fix this problem?

read more...
    0 84
    • Snayp
      WilliamR Hello,

Please click the support link above and create a tech support ticket. Someone will contact you to help you out ASAP.
      • October 29, 2021
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-08

Just tried to run the new X-Air Edit 1.7 in Linux, but it does nothing. Previous version X-AIR-Edit_LINUX_32-Bit_1.5 works fine. My system is 64bit, but the 32bit (it's N/A in 64b afaik) runs fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 71
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto X-Air Edit 1.7 works fine in my Linux Mint 20.2 (64 bit).
      • August 8, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

• August 8, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

Ok, thanks Paul. Not sure why this is happening. Latest Manjaro 64bit version (latest kernel too). It's like when it's clickded to open, the system does nothing, I mean nothing!!! No waiting circle, no window open , nada!! Weird! Especially as 1.5 seems to work with no issues at all.

• August 8, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Dennis, have you tried to right click the app and in the properties make sure it is executable?
      • August 8, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

Thanks Paul, yep it's marked as executable.

• August 8, 2021
  • New
    Jerodb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-26

Recently had the fuse blow in my s16. I've located and removed the old one, but am having trouble figuring out what to use to replace! Hoping someone can point me to the right fuse to get! 

0 64
  • New
    MichaelCarrera
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-16

I have problem with my digital snake ASE50 port , can i replace the ASE50 Port?

0 64
    • MichaelCarrera
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Please click on the support link above and open a support ticket and someone will contact you to get this sorted for you.
      • July 16, 2021
  • New
    manoaratefy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-23

Hello,

I've found recently that the Behringer S16 can be used as standalone stagebox. But as the S16 have only 8 outputs, the 9-16 output coming from another S16 in the stage is routed to ADAT in the FOX S16, so I have to add a ADAT-analog converter in my setup to get these output.

I'm wondering if SD8 can be used as same purpose, because SD8 has 8 in / 8 out, so with the same setup, I can hook up 2x SD8 on the stage and 2x SD8 in FOH.

Or is there any another easy setup to make use of digital stagebox with analog mixers?

read more...
    0 57
    • manoaratefy
      Nigel67 Hi manoaratefy. The S16 has the option of using its built in clock to connect to other IO boxes so a mixer is not required. The SD8 does not have a built in clock and therefore needs to receive an external clock from a mixer or S16 to work. Therefore, unfortunately you cannot use two SD8s as stand alone stage boxes as neither can provide a clock. You could connect an S16 to two SD8 giving you 16 inputs (S16) and then 16 outputs (2 x SD8).
      • September 22, 2021
  • New
    robkatz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-02

I'd like to find a cost effective carry case for the XR18 mixer.  Something simple to put it in when moving it within our building from one event space to another.  We don't need something that can deal with the bumps of airflight :-)

0 50
  • New
    JuanDahmen
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-04

Hello.
    I recently bought two SD8 and a SD16 to use as XLR boxes in my studio and be able to conect the mics in several places of the recording room via one CAT5 cable to the control room. The thing is I can easily use one of them but can't get to record using the three on cascade.
    I have the AES50 A input conected to the A input on a SD8. The B of that SD8 conected to the A of the SD16 and the B of the SD16 to the A of a SD8. I entered the routing page and it detects the three boxes as in A mode (or channel or whatever). I then set the inputs as follows:
    1-8 to AES50 A9-16 (the SD16)

9-16 to AES50 A-17-24 (the SD16)

17-24 to AES50 A1-8 (the first SD8)

25-32 toAES50 25-32 /the second SD8)

It's so I have the first 16 inputs in the SD16 where my drums are.

In the X32 you can see the input signals correcly but when going to record in my MAC through the usb connection it all seems messed up and it only recognices some inputs...

Noting that I have 32 inputs enabled and have recorded them before using the XLR inputs of the X32. I use Ableton Live 10 on a MAC.

As always, thanks a lot for your time and support.

read more...
    0 49
    • JuanDahmen
      Paul_Vannatto That screen is meant to assign the inputs to the X32. To assign signals from the X32 to the Card, you have to use the Routing, Card screen.
      • October 4, 2021
      • Routing SD8 + SD16 + SD8 for recorging on MAC
        JuanDahmen Thanks for replying. As far as I see my CARD tab in the routing menu has only "expansion card outputs". Is that what you mean?
        I use version 4.06 in my X32
        • October 4, 2021
        JuanDahmen Aaaaaand despite saying card outputs and not inputs, it works now like a charm. Thank you a lot. Cheers :*
        • October 4, 2021
        ValeriuM_Trufin Because you select what signals the consoles outputs trough the card.
        • ·
        • October 4, 2021
  • New
    paulvesco
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-18

I had a tech company with seven X32's, two X32 racks, a CORE, and a Producer, along with four S16's along with an IOS X32 edit program.... and eventually have figured out the routing for each situation, but I still get confused and stumped on some settings.

I find the "language" and "labeling" confusing. I find it odd that you go under AES50-A to assign LOCAL outputs, but please read on.

To eliminate a hardware snake, we will typically set our rack with the X32 Rack near the stage. Then we place two S16s on the stage. (My band is typically a large horn band with bigger stages.)

We want inputs in three places:

-- at the board, 1-8 (playback, wireless mics, etc)

-- Stagebox A, 9-24 (horns, guitar, etc)

-- Stagebox B, 25-32 (drums, bass, keys, etc)

On the board we want outputs 1-8 at the board, local..... no problem with that and I run my mains out of 7 and 8.

But sometimes I need additional Mix Bus outputs for additional monitors, etc. I often have trouble assigning outputs 9-16 to the S16's (either A or B).

=================

A seccondary but related question is if I am using two outputs for stereo FOH and I use four buses to feed EFX, that really limits me to 12 usable sub outputs, or am I thinking wrong on this. I can't use Aux outs because they don't have the full monitoring functionality of Mix Buses.

Finally, I have had (and still have) loads of Behringer gear from personal monitor systems, smaller mixers and dozens of direct boxes and I am very happy with the products Behringer manufactures.

read more...
    0 39
    • paulvesco
      GaryHiggins You don’t assign local outputs from aes50. You can however use local INPUTS as a source for any aes50 ch and that’s what “local” is in the aes50 routing menu, local INPUTS. Local outputs are really what you assign from the XLR out menu and are realized as the XLR physical sockets on the rear of the Rack (or any X32) Defining the sources for any output group is done from the “outputs 1-16” “ultranet” and “Aux out” routing menus. Often referred to here as the “staging” menus. You assign your sources in these 3 places. Then choose a source menu and assign it for the output group (aes50, XLR, User out etc)

The XLR outputs of the S16’s (when connected via Cat cable from a mixer) are fixed at aes50 out 1-8, 9-16 and 17-24 depending on the config knob setting of the S16. No LED on the screen (config fully counter clockwise) the xlr’s will output aes50 1-8, +8 LED lit up becomes aes50 9-16 and +16 LED lit up becomes aes50 17-24. You need to insert your desired source group to these aes50 groups of 8. All this is done under aes50 routing. Default x32 routing uses “out 1-8 and out 9-16” for aes50 out 1-8 and 9-16 and then repeats those same source groups for aes50 17-32. To get that third output option for the S16 XLRs you need to utilize a different staging menu and use that as the source group for aes50 out 17-24 and set the config to +16. The S16 port assignments are all fixed at specific aes50 ch's but the sources for the aes50 ch's are freely assignable. The specific assignments for those groups get made in each of the 3 "staging" menus. The newer User menu adds a bit of a twist to this in that you can break away form groups of 8 and use single ch's in it.

Yes you are limited to 12 mix buses if you use 4 for FX. I usually find 2 global fx to be plenty so that frees up 2 more for mix buses.
      • December 18, 2021
    • paulvesco
      Paul_Vannatto The iOS app is NOT an editor app. It is a mixing app and should be used as such. Use the X32-Edit app (for Windows, Mac, Linux and Raspberry Pi) to make any routing changes, since it is designed for that. Granted you can use a mixing app to do routing, in a similar manner that you can use a screwdriver to hammer a nail into wood. But there is a much better tool for that purpose - same with the X32 apps.

The routing screens are based on what the X32 sees. In other words, put your mind inside the X32 itself when making routing changes and ask yourself "What do I want coming in and where do I want it going out". The only input screens are the Inputs and User In. All other screens are outputs to something (including Aux Out, AES50 A and B, XLR Out, Card, Ultranet, User Out).

The routing screens are further divided into block assignments (including Inputs, AES50 (A and B), Card, and XLR Out) and patching assignments (Out 1-16, Aux Out, Ultranet, User In and User Out). Patching screens are used to make up the blocks of 4/8 that the block screens require.

There are both physical and virtual outputs. Out 1-16, User In and User Out are all virtual outputs which are not connected directly to physical outputs. All other screens are physically connected to outputs.

Hope this explanation better explains how these routing screens work in the X32/M32 eco-system.
      • December 18, 2021
      • Routing Confusion
        GaryHiggins Just to add a tiny bit more to this. Even though the Aux out and Ultranet out routing menus DO connect to and determine actual physical output sources, they also have a virtual component when used as a routing tool. That is to say even if you do not have any devices connected to their physical output jacks, the routing assignments made in those menus still pass as a virtual source. (for say AES50A out 17-24 as an example)
        • ·
        • December 19, 2021
Go to page