Statistics

269,930 members
149,695 posts
  • New
    AlanStew
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-22

HI Have anyone got any advice please? 

one of my s16 has stopped working looks like its not powering up. there is power to the unit and i have checked the fuses in the unit and on the power supply board but nothing lights up.

if not does anyone know of a repair centre in the uk?

thanks

read more...
    0 12
    • AlanStew
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please contact our Care/Service team. First click on the Support button at the top of the page and then click Care/Service and submit a ticket.
      • Jan 23
    • AlanStew
      Nigel67 Hi AlanStew. Please contact EMS or Ampman and they will be able to repair your unit for you. Many thanks

ELECTRONIC MUSIC SERVICES
      30 East Street
      South End On Sea
      United Kingdom SS2 6LH
      +44 (0) 1702 613172
      [email protected]

Ampman Audio Services
      Unit 17, The Enterprise Centre
      Cranborne Road
      Potters Bar
      Hertfordshire
      EN6 3DQ
      Telephone: +44(0)1707 246 546
      Email: [email protected]
      • Jan 23
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-22

Hi

I have 2 lead singers and I would like to try the dual mode Fairchild compressor as an insert

The manual is a bit thin on this, but as I see it I just have to load the compressor in the rack, click the insert button, select channels 1 and 2 from the dropdown list, then click the purple button for each channel. Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks

Phil

read more...
    0 11
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Phil, yes that is correct.
      • September 22, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Great, thanks much!
      • September 22, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi again. So if the other 2 compressor plugin FX are only stereo, presumably I can only really use those on a stereo bus please? I guess the same question goes for the Pultec EQ clones too. I would like to try the Pultec as an insert on kick drum, but I suspect if I click the insert button and select Channel 10 from the channel list I will only get the EQ applied to either the left or the right side of the PA which would be silly. Thanks
      • September 22, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto The other 2 compressors come in both dual (mono) and stereo, just like the Fairchild one.

Regarding your second question (Pultek EQ as an insert), I don't think you are understanding how an insert works. The kick signal will be a mono signal. If there is an FX inserted into the signal chain, the resulting (wet) signal will return as a mono signal to the signal path.
      • September 22, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi Paul. So I could use the Pultec on the kick if I want to give up an FX slot? Thanks.
      • September 22, 2021
  • New
    Woody1010
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-10

Im Currently running Two X32 Compacts and an S32 stage box in a concert hall and am very happy with the way they work although sometimes we are required to move between locations in the hall for FOH.

So rather than unplugging and re-patching both ends im wondering if its possible to have multiple cat 6 cables through a switch to different locations and i can pick up anywhere in the room? 

Even if it requires 2 switches One for AES50A and another for AES50B.

read more...
    0 10
    • Woody1010
      Nigel67 Hi Woody1010. Unfortunately due to the protocol used, it is not possible to run AES50 through network switches.
      • Jan 10
    • Woody1010
      Woody1010

Read somewhere if its done through star network and nothing else on the switch then maybe it could work but thought it was worth a check before i attempt anything but thanks for the help.

• Jan 10
    • Woody1010
      Paul_Vannatto First of all, ethernet is never configured in a star topology. Secondly, the AES50 is a proprietary protocol that only uses (shielded) ethernet cable (physical layer). All other ethernet protocol layers are not used.
      • Jan 10
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-05

Hi

I am interested in picking this up cheap because it has a big touchscreen, but the processor is only 1.8 GHz - will that be a problem please?

Has Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Thanks

Phil

0 8
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Which Edit? Also don't rely on the thread title to provide info, since it is cut off.
      • October 5, 2021
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi. Xair 18, sorry. Thanks Phil
        • October 5, 2021
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi Paul. Could you take a look at my thread about trying to use LA2a as an insert please? I am now getting input and output, but still no needle movement. Thanks Phil
        • October 5, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto You shouldn't have any issues running X-Air Edit, since it takes very little resources.
      • October 5, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Cool, thank you
      • October 5, 2021
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-19

One of many questions I have about my new Behringer XR18:

What is the difference between "FXSnd#" in the Sends tab and "Rtn #" at the far right of the Channel layout? 

Thank you!

0 8
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto The FX sends are buses that mixes channel (dry) signals to go to the respective FX engine (1-4). The resulting (wet) stereo signals from the FX engine come back as FX Rtn # to be mixed with the rest of the channels for FOH (Main LR).
      • October 19, 2021
  • New
    Hodgy15
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-26

Anyone have any experience with the XR18?

I bought a refurbished one off eBay, ironically from  Music Tribe. It had to go back for repair because channel 4 wasn't working. Received back and now my outputs seem dodgy. On bus outputs 1 + 6 seem to have a lot of noise, 2-5 just don't work?!

Channel 17+18 don't seem to work and the headphone volume seems to make everything trip out. The main outs are very noisy too. It wasn't like this before it went for repair?! 

Help ?

read more...
    0 7
    • Hodgy15
      Nigel67 Hi Hodgy15. I am very sorry to hear that your XR18 is still not working after being back for repair. You need to contact the person that you were previously talking to and get them to take the unit back and repair it again. Can you just confirm the fault by making a factory reset, input a signal into one of the channels and check the outputs again. Do not load a show. To perform a factory reset, find the hole in the front panel by the access point. There is a switch behind the hole. With the unit powered, push something through the hole and hold the switch in for 12 seconds. You will feel the switch activate with a click. When you release the switch, the unit will have reset. If the unit still isn't working, then send in an e-mail to the person you were previously dealing with. Again, I am very sorry for this inconvenience.
      • November 28, 2021
  • New
    BobMillard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-01-25

Is it possible to record from the XR 12?  Would like to connect to a pc with studio one 5.  What interface could be used?

0 5
    • BobMillard
      Paul_Vannatto The USB port on the XR12 is for USB sticks only. It can record stereo (2 track) to the USB stick. To record to a computer, you would need to upgrade to the XR18
      • Tue at 1:56 PM
  • New
    Stevenfly
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-17

Hi @ all,

I bought an XR18 mixing console. Unfortunately, I cannot connect to my Macbook Pro via the USB output of the mixer. The mixer is absolutely not recognised by my Macbook.
    The mixer's firmware is updated to version 1.18.

The operating system of my Mac should be Big Sur (11.6.2).

Is this a known problem and can anyone possibly help me.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings Stefan

read more...
    1 5
    • Stevenfly
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. First I'd say test a different USB cable and port. Then try another computer. If none of those steps are successful you should contact our Technical Support team. Click on Support and then Technical Support to submit a ticket.
      • Jan 17
  • New
    djfunk14
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

Kicking myself for not registering within 90 days (or it would still be under the 3yr warranty) but just short of 2 years my SD16 has nothing coming out of the outputs. Power and AES50 light comes on without issue. Inputs all work just fine but no output. I'm sure it's not a config issure as I've tried everything under the sun. The mixer is definitely sending signal as I'm able to see it on the meter and replicate the output to a local bank of 8 outputs on the x32 mixer.

As the final troubleshooting attempt, I replaced a known working SD16 in a working setup with the one to troubleshoot, and sure enough, none of the 8 outputs on the SD16 were picking up anything. I've cracked the unit open, checked all the connections and did a quick inspection for any blown caps or damage but couldn't see anything. I then put it back together and had the same results. 

This thing was used for a few months initially with no issue, then sat in my basement as a backup for the better part of a year and a half until I was able to get another X32 to use it with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 4
    • djfunk14
      Paul_Vannatto Did you check the output bank switch (near the AES50 ports) to make sure it is set to what you want (eg. 1-8)?
      • Jan 15
Go to page