Statistics

293,985 members
177,042 posts
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-04-10

In the iOS Flow 8 editing app on the preferences page (when you scroll down a little) there is a square box with MIDI DUMP in it, but next to that is  MAIN OUT DELAY : 200ms. 

Can someone explain what this is, what it's for and if it is user adjustable?

Also, can the sample rate be altered from 48khz to 44khz?

Thanks

read more...
    0 30
    • DennisMilsom
      rondhi This adds a delay to the output. For example, for live streaming, you can add a delay to match the audio with the video. You can only adjust it on the board itself. Menu > Output > Output Delay > Main Delay. Not sure why it says 200ms in the app. But the real setting should show on the board.

No, you cannot adjust the sample rate, unfortunately. It is set at 48 kHz.
      • May 19
  • New
    RexMiller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-18

I've just created a new USER 01 on the XR 18 in X AIR Edit for a Mac.
    I put in 10Channels (10th being the L|R Main Channel.)
    After saving a "Scene and Snapshot" of everything, I closed it down then relaunched the program.
    When I went to load the USER 01, my MAIN L|R channel has disappeared, along with the 3x buttons "Select/Move/Resize". I've shut it down, rebooted my laptop, but they're still missing.
    I understand for Windows PC the settings are stored in the file X-AIREdit.init and you can fix the problem by editing the file and reducing the first number in the line that starts: -localprefs/user1 8 OFF 21 22 23 ... which is near the end of the file or to just delete the file and the X-Air Edit will recreate it when you start it again.

How is this done on a Mac where is the file located? Thanks 

read more...
    0 29
    • RexMiller
      DaveMorrison look at the "com.musictribe.X32-Edit.plist" under in your Users/Library/Preferences (~/Library/)
      • September 18, 2021
    • RexMiller
      RexMiller The only file I could find was com.musictribe.X-Air-Edit.plist. I deleted it , initialized the mixer and did a hard reset. User1 still uneditable. Came up with the same number of channels but empty unless I loaded a scene. Seems as though once it’s done, the mixer stores it that way permanently. Did not see any language in the plist referring to Utility User1. May have some plist elsewhere that I cannot find. Been very frustrating. This was mention 3 years ago and still nothing done to fix this.
      • September 18, 2021
    • RexMiller
      Paul_Vannatto What version of X-Air Edit are you using? Version 1.7 (linux) works fine here.
      • September 18, 2021
    • RexMiller
      RexMiller Using Version 1.7 on a Mac.
      • September 18, 2021
    • RexMiller
      RexMiller Finally got it working. Discovered that even after deleting the plist, initializing the system from Setup, then opening and closing the program, it does not create a new plist until a scene is loaded. So I deleted the plist, initialized the program and saved that as a scene. Closed then opened it and loaded the scene and I was able to edit the User1 again. After deleting some channels from it I then loaded my scene that I had from a previous setup and the User1 worked again. It is buggy how that works and whatever scene your in, the number of channels selected from the User settings never change unless edited. Even then it carries over from the last change. There is a limit to how many channels one can add before things disappear but I’m not sure what that number is. The software needs fixed for the User settings for sure.
      • September 18, 2021
  • New
    Hodgy15
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-26

Anyone have any experience with the XR18?

I bought a refurbished one off eBay, ironically from  Music Tribe. It had to go back for repair because channel 4 wasn't working. Received back and now my outputs seem dodgy. On bus outputs 1 + 6 seem to have a lot of noise, 2-5 just don't work?!

Channel 17+18 don't seem to work and the headphone volume seems to make everything trip out. The main outs are very noisy too. It wasn't like this before it went for repair?! 

Help ?

read more...
    0 29
    • Hodgy15
      Nigel67 Hi Hodgy15. I am very sorry to hear that your XR18 is still not working after being back for repair. You need to contact the person that you were previously talking to and get them to take the unit back and repair it again. Can you just confirm the fault by making a factory reset, input a signal into one of the channels and check the outputs again. Do not load a show. To perform a factory reset, find the hole in the front panel by the access point. There is a switch behind the hole. With the unit powered, push something through the hole and hold the switch in for 12 seconds. You will feel the switch activate with a click. When you release the switch, the unit will have reset. If the unit still isn't working, then send in an e-mail to the person you were previously dealing with. Again, I am very sorry for this inconvenience.
      • November 28, 2021
  • New
    kiwifolkmike
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-09

Hello

I recently fired up my XR18 and I get a continuously flashing power light. I cannot connect to it anymor - a "hidden network" appears on my PC but it won't recognise the usual credentials. I have tried the reset options to no avail. I can find no reference anywhere on what the flashing light means. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Mike

read more...
    0 27
    • kiwifolkmike
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here from Music Tribe. Please contact our Technical Support directly by clicking on Support and then Technical Support to submit a ticket.
      • Jan 9
  • New
    luke1307
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-27

Hi there, 

can you label and change colour of scribble strip of dca groups on iPad when using xr18 air. I can see how to change channel and effects etc, but can't see where dca groups can be edited 

0 25
    • luke1307
      Nigel67 Hi luke1307. This feature has not been implemented on the latest version. I will report it so that it can be fixed on a future release. Many thanks
      • May 30
  • New
    sbaker4
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-14

Overnight my XR18 started doing this after months of working fine. Inputs 9-16 now have noticable white noise added early in the signal chain, mixed with the input signal.

The noise level changes when Mic Gain or the channel fader are adjusted.

The noise stops when the Channel Source is switched from Mic/Line to USB (or the channel is muted)

I've tried power cycling, upgrading the firmware to 1.18, and initializing the settings to factory through X-Air-Edit, all with no change.

Can anybody help with this?

read more...
    0 25
    • sbaker4
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Unfortunately it sounds like it could be a physical fault, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket. Click on Support and then click on Care/Service to submit a ticket.
      • November 14, 2021
    • sbaker4
      sbaker4

Actually I just turned it off so that it could properly cool down and the problem has gone away! The weather is warming up here, so it looks like overheating is something I need to become aware of.

• November 14, 2021
    • sbaker4
      kelnhofer Hi Sbaker, has the noise come back? I have an XR18 and inputs 9-16 noise up when the unit is cold. The noise goes away after about 5-10 minutes after the unit warms up. I've read about this issue on other forums. Sometimes its on inputs 1-8. My gut is telling me it might be a clock issue, trace issue or capacitor issue on ancillary circuitry supporting the ADC. There are two octal ADCs. One for inputs 1-8 and the other for inputs 9-16. Unfortunately, without a schematic it is very difficult to troubleshoot. I sent back under warranty and the issue wasn't resolved (also it was summer time and mine only noises up when its cold). Keep us posted. -Rich
      • December 21, 2021
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-05

Hi

I am interested in picking this up cheap because it has a big touchscreen, but the processor is only 1.8 GHz - will that be a problem please?

Has Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Thanks

Phil

0 24
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Which Edit? Also don't rely on the thread title to provide info, since it is cut off.
      • October 5, 2021
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi. Xair 18, sorry. Thanks Phil
        • October 5, 2021
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi Paul. Could you take a look at my thread about trying to use LA2a as an insert please? I am now getting input and output, but still no needle movement. Thanks Phil
        • October 5, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto You shouldn't have any issues running X-Air Edit, since it takes very little resources.
      • October 5, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Cool, thank you
      • October 5, 2021
  • New
    AlanStew
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-22

HI Have anyone got any advice please? 

one of my s16 has stopped working looks like its not powering up. there is power to the unit and i have checked the fuses in the unit and on the power supply board but nothing lights up.

if not does anyone know of a repair centre in the uk?

thanks

read more...
    1 24
    • AlanStew
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please contact our Care/Service team. First click on the Support button at the top of the page and then click Care/Service and submit a ticket.
      • Jan 23
    • AlanStew
      Nigel67 Hi AlanStew. Please contact EMS or Ampman and they will be able to repair your unit for you. Many thanks

ELECTRONIC MUSIC SERVICES
      30 East Street
      South End On Sea
      United Kingdom SS2 6LH
      +44 (0) 1702 613172
      [email protected]

Ampman Audio Services
      Unit 17, The Enterprise Centre
      Cranborne Road
      Potters Bar
      Hertfordshire
      EN6 3DQ
      Telephone: +44(0)1707 246 546
      Email: [email protected]
      • Jan 23
    • AlanStew
      Timturtles

Must be something in the air... Mine has just done exactly the same. Dead on power up.

• Mar 5
  • New
    Hirsute
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-02-11

what does this do?

N

0 22
  • New
    dghuang
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-03

Anyone know where I could find a replacement power supply for the s32?  

Our s32 just stopped working.  We've tried other cables. It just won't turn on... no LEDs, no fan, etc.  

We figure maybe we could open it up and replace the power supply. 

Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 22
Go to page