Statistics

306,002 members
190,347 posts
  • New
    AndyLanham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

I am trying to put effects into my vocal mics on my P16 in ear system. There doesn't seem to be a way to do it as a mix with channel out. Any help would be appreciated.

1 761
    • AndyLanham
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andy, which console are you using with the P16? Instructions for sending FX to P16 differs between consoles.
      • June 17, 2021
      • p16 effects
        DanO1963 Paul, I have the same question basically. Im using an X18 mixer, and 5 of the P16M, so I really have 2 questions. 1 can I get effects in the P16? secondly which is really a FOH effects question. What are the best effects to use p
        • August 21, 2021
      • p16 effects
        DanO1963 And what are the effect settings?
        • August 21, 2021
    • AndyLanham
      AndyLanham

x32

• June 18, 2021
    • AndyLanham
      Paul_Vannatto On the Routing, Ultranet (or P16) screen, assign the appropriate FX return, such as the FX1L and FX1R for the first FX return (wet signal).
      • June 19, 2021
      • p16 effects
        AndyLanham yes but that makes it all effects with no main and doesnt sound good. delays have a mix option but not halls or chamber reverbs.
        • June 19, 2021
      • p16 effects
        AndyLanham thanks for responding btw
        • June 19, 2021
    • AndyLanham
      Paul_Vannatto You could setup one of the FX slots just for the P16, simply by disabling the FX return, Main LR. That way you can send to that FX the way you want it to sound in the P16.

Yes that is correct that all reverbs do not have mix options in the X-Air/M-Air as well as the X32/M32.
      • June 19, 2021
  • New
    jmeacham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-05

The Behringer P16-M quick start guide tells me how to link channels and how to add them to groups, but I haven't been able to find out how to unlink two channels or remove a channel from a group if they were linked/grouped by mistake.  Does anyone know how to do this?

read more...
    0 521
  • New
    psingletary
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

I have a problem with one of my P16-M mixers. The problem I am having:

1. Output of the mixer is mono only.

2. Putting a channel pan (any channel) in the center turns the channel off.

3. Panning the signal either direction gives volume, but mono output only.

Otherwise, the mixer appears normal - no unusual lights, etc. I have reset the individual channels, as well as the 'main/solo/mute while powering' reset.

Does anyone know of any other reset options that may be done on these? Thanks.

read more...
    0 460
    • psingletary
      Paul_Vannatto 1. What mixer are you using? How do you have the mixer and P16-M connected?
      2. and 3. Are you adjusting the pan on the mixer or the P16?
      • January 15, 2021
    • psingletary
      psingletary This is the PowerPlay 16 digital mixer connected to the P16 (P16-I ?) unit via cat5 cable. I have 3 other P16-M units and all are functioning normally. Just this one unit is acting up. I am adjusting the pans on the P-16-M mixer. https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0421
      • January 15, 2021
    • psingletary
      Paul_Vannatto Those are important details for troubleshooting, since it rules out the use of the digital mixers, such as the XR18, X32, Wing, etc. that connects directly to the P16 (no P16-I required) but does have P16 routing and settings in the mixer itself.

Since you are using the P16 pan and it is only the one unit acting up, it would suggest that there is a hardware issue in that unit. I would suggest you submit a ticket (click on the Support above).
      • January 15, 2021
  • New
    aurasystems
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

Howdy, 

I've got 9x P16-M's and they all of the same issue.  Every single knob & button is sticky.  

Whatever coating was used to finish the knobs and buttons has degraded.  Now you cannot use them without getting goo all over your finger tips.  It reminds me of my old Sony car stereo remote. 

Anyways, I tried summoning the interweb to see if I could find replacement knobs, but I didn't have any luck.  I also tried Behringer.com.

Aside from using Goo-gone and some elbow grease, I don't know what else to do.  Plus, I would rather not spend a lot or time cleaning them. 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 422
  • BillFleming
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-17

Hello,

Up until recently we have been running a single P16D distributor to send audio over PoE to our P16Ms; we have the P16D connected into a Midas DL16 stagebox which then connects into a Midas M32 console.

We recently expanded our stage setup by adding a 2nd DL16 and have installed two wall mounted racks - the racks are located on each side of the stage and each contains one of the DL16s. We would like to add a 2nd P16D so one is located in each rack. The question is can a 2nd P16D be plugged into the Ultranet port on the 2nd DL16 just as the first P16D is plugged into the first DL16? If so are there any configuration settings that need to be tweaked on the M32 to get this to work?

Thanks, Bill

read more...
    0 398
    • BillFleming
      GaryHiggins

@BillFleming 

Hello, should work just fine as long as your aes50 a and b 33-48 are set for p16 1-16-assuming they are on different ports. No issues at all if daisy chained as both carry the same assignment.

Aes50 33-48 is what the ultranet ports of a DL/S16 are fixed at. Default settings for aes50a/b 33-48 on an M/X32 are p16 1-8 and p16 9-16. IF you change either routing group to be something else other than p16, that will be what is carried by that particular DL16's ultranet port. That ability can also be your friend should you WANT different sources on either one....or drive you mad if you don't and wonder why.

• April 16, 2020
    • BillFleming
      BillFleming

Thanks Gary, I think I follow.

You said  "No issues at all if daisy chained as both carry the same assignment." I have both DL16s running off of AES-A which I would also call daisy-chained. I just want to make sure we're on the same page because I work on the board fairly infrequently and the routing interface makes a little more sense to me than it first did a year and a half ago but nonetheless it's still a bit of a mystery. I would love to see a video on M32 routing where it is explained in great detail but also starts out at a high level and is not over in under five minutes - the Midas videos are very good but routing at least in the IT world can be a complex topic in and of itself.

Once we get the 2nd P16D and plug it in I should be able to get it going. I'm pretty sure our Ultranet ports are still set to their defaults 1-8 and 9-16. I have to head back to the church next week to spin up some Ethernet connections so will check then. I do have a 2nd question regarding how the input port numbers were shifted after I added the 2nd DL16, but I'll start a 2nd thread for that one in case I can't find the answer elsewhere.

Thanks again. 

• April 17, 2020
  • stevejacobsen1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-14

What's the difference between the level contols for main and the output level control?

0 290
    • stevejacobsen1
      MusicallySavage

Hi Steve,

What do you mean? What sort of product are you talking about?

The term MAIN is generally reserved for an overall Master volume control, and Output level control might be for several individual signals that a device is able to control. That might be for a mixer, or, I'm guessing on this particular forum, 2x Aux Sends from a mixer into your In-Ear-Monitors. The Output level controls how much of each signal you receive, and the Main controls the overall volume.

Cheers, Luke

• December 24, 2019
  • New
    JasonSims
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Just started this project

we have a Midas Pro 2 c and Beringher p16's.  How do I route this?  Or how do I connect via Ethernet?

it won't recognize the P-16

0 273
    • JasonSims
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jason, the P16 uses the Ultranet protocol, which the Pro 2C does not have. The only possible option that I can think of is to get a P16-I and connect it to 16 outputs of the stagebox(s). The P16-I will convert these outputs to the Ultranet which can feed the P16-M's.
      • January 14, 2021
      • Help! How do I get p-16m to work with a Midas Pro 2 C
        JasonSims Thank you, I was afraid you would say this. I would think that by now AES50 protocol would be compatible at this point to ultranet. With a 5 figure $ console you would think it would work with the p16 like a cheaper x32 or m2.
        • January 14, 2021
    • JasonSims
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jason, AES50 cannot be "compatible" to Ultranet. AES50 is 48/48 channel bidirectional protocol whereas Ultranet is 16 channel single directional protocol. That said, the X32/M32 stageboxes use AES50 and converts the last 2 banks (33-48) to an Ultranet port on the back. Unfortunately those stageboxes only work on 44K and 48K (not 96K).

Are you aware of the Midas DP48/Hub4 line of personal monitors that uses the AES50 (instead of Ultranet)? Unfortunately it doesn't currently work with the Midas Pro consoles due to the 96K samplerate.
      • January 14, 2021
    • JasonSims
      aurasystems Oh no! I cannot believe the DP48/Hub4 doesn't work with the Pro consoles. That is very disappointing.
      • January 24, 2021
      • Help! How do I get p-16m to work with a Midas Pro 2 C
        Paul_Vannatto They are working on a solution to make it work with the Pro consoles. No ETA at this point.
        • January 25, 2021
  • gtcode
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-25

Hi, I haven't bought a P16-m yet. Will the bracket P16-mb allow the P16-m to be mounted to a high hat stand with the unit facing the drummer at a reasonable angle?

Also I looked online but wasn't able to find any info on the mounting holes. I'd like to devise a custom mounting solution if the bracket won't work, before buying it. Anyone have info on this?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 261
    • gtcode
      gtcode

Just answering my own questions. From a photo I found it looks as though the P16-mb will work fine with a High Hat stand.

• September 25, 2019
  • KingBurton
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-08

Are thees outputs Hiz only or TRS?

0 245
  • shiyah
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-04
    0 235
Go to page