Statistics

294,588 members
177,699 posts
  • mrbrettclark
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-12
    I have a Midas Pro2c and my musicians use the new DP48. I want to be able to talk to my musicians dp48s. Suggestions on how to make that happen? We used to be able to do it through our line 6 in-ear packs.
    0 124
    • mrbrettclark
      Paul_Vannatto If you are using the latest DP48 firmware (1.4), you can use AES50 chan 48 (both directions) as talkback. At least we can with the X32/M32 and Wing.
      • July 12, 2020
    • mrbrettclark
      Nigel67 Hi Brett, the DP48 only works at 44.1 or 48K whereas the PRO2C is 96K. You would need a DN9650 with an AES50 card to downsample from 96 to 48K. The channel info (LCD scribble colour/name/icon) from Pro Series is not shared to DP48 via AES50.
      • July 13, 2020
    • mrbrettclark
      ramagochi Unfortunately there is not a Pro version of the DP48 (A poor fix as Nigel wrote), a shame
      • September 10, 2020
  • New
    Errol
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

Does anyone know if the DP48 Monitoring System can be used with the Midas MR16 Mixer? Or if there is a solution how this can be configured?

0 118
    • Errol
      DaveMorrison No. The DP48 only communicates using the AES-50 protocol. The MR16 doesn't.
      • April 2, 2021
    • Errol
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Errol, since the DP48 uses the AES50, the MR18 (or any of the M-Air/X-Air consoles) cannot use the DP48. The only solution is to upgrade to the X32 Rack (or any X32 or M32).
      • April 2, 2021
    • Errol
      Dale_M No as mentioned there is no AES50 available on the X-AIR products
      • April 3, 2021
  • New
    Rastoff
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

I'm completely new to the DP48 and having an issue that I can't figure out.

To add names to the groups, I've created a single line .csv file, comman delimited, and imported the names. For some reason the name for group 1 is blank. I've tried creating the file in Excel and Notepad with the same results using each.

For example, this is the file I created:
    Keys,Mic 1,Mic 2,Mic 3,Bass,Drums,HH 1,HH 2,Gtr 1,Gtr 2,Click,Pads

When I import this, I see this on the screen:

HH 1
    Mic 1        HH 2
    Mic 2        Gtr 1
    Mic 3        Gtr 2
    Bass         Click
    Drums      Pads

I can't figure out why "Keys" is blank.

read more...
    0 118
    • Rastoff
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Douglas, what DP48 firmware are you using? I just tried your csv line on a DP48 here (with firmware 1.8) and it loads the group names correctly (including the first name). I would suggest you update (or re-install) to 1.8 and try again.
      • December 2, 2020
      • DP48 Group Names?
        Rastoff Thanks Paul, but I loaded 1.8 last night and still have the same issue. I have 4 DP48s and have tried this on two of them. I will try a different SD card and see if that makes a difference.
        • December 2, 2020
    • Rastoff
      MichaelIvey Hey Douglas. I feel your frustration as I did the same method you did and got the same results time after time after time. But here's what changed. Instead of saving the file in Excel where I created it I saved it to my Desktop. When given the option of the format to save it in I selected CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv) again saving the file to my Desktop. Hope this works for you
      • December 19, 2020
  • New
    RevPaThomas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hope you guys are well. I am having the weirdest issue with 1 of our DP48s. We are connecting them via HUB4.  For the most part, the system is work well.  We have 1-DP48 that is making a wierd digital noise.  It's only comes from 1 routed channel & that channel is not making that noise on the other 3 DP48 units.  Very strange.  Anyone else experience any weirdness like this?

read more...
    0 112
    • RevPaThomas
      Nigel67 Hi, this unit sounds faulty and needs repairing. Have you tried plugging it directly to the mixer to see if the problem still persists? If so, then I would say it is faulty. You could try re-upgrading the unit to see if that fixes the issue. It could be corrupt software. If it is under 30 days old, then you can go back to the store that you purchased it from and claim a replacement under DOA, or if over 30 days, please click on the Support Tab at the top of the page. In the new page that opens, scroll down and submit a Service ticket.
      • January 26, 2021
    • RevPaThomas
      GaryHiggins You might also try factory reset. To reset the DP48 to factory default. Select the Setup and SD Record buttons simultaneously. Then select the Reset. Set it up again like it was previously. Do they all have the most recent firmware? I think 1.9 from Dec 2020.
      • January 27, 2021
  • New
    joshtew
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-26

There is currently no way to assign a name to the saved preset slots(FW v1.9), from a management point of view this is a problem as musicians may not remember which slot they saved their preset to and slots will get used up pretty quickly and things get messy when musicians end up overwriting another's preset slot.

Please do add in a feature to name the preset slots for easy identification, and to edit the name as well.

read more...
    0 108
  • New
    joshtew
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-20

Noticed this recently that when I switch off a DP48 with other units daisy chained to it, the downstream unit will produce a very loud pop sound in the headphones output even though the Volume knob has been fully lowered.

I noticed it because I could hear the pop from the headphones connected to another unit that was almost 2 meters away when I switched off 1 unit for firmware upgrade and testing.

Once again the volume level has been fully lowered on that downstream unit yet the pop sound came through so loudly and this happened consistently.

What will it do to a musician with in-ears when another musician upstream switches the unit off, by accident or for whatever other reason?!

Please fix this soon.

**Glad to report that the above issue has been resolved in DP48 FW v2.2!

read more...
    0 93
    • joshtew
      Paul_Vannatto The loud popping sound is due to the breakage of the AES50 that passes through the DP48 in a daisy chain configuration when the upstream DP48 is turned off. This has been an issue since the introduction of the X32 (back in 2012) or even earlier. The fix is to get a Hub4 and connect the DP48 from it instead of daisy chaining. The other solution is to make sure nothing is turned off until everyone is finished and no longer using the DP48's. Also make sure you are using shielded cat5e/cat6/cat7 cable with ethercon ends.
      • February 19, 2021
      • Very Loud Pop(even with fully lowered Volume) when Upstream DP48  in daisy chain is switched off
        joshtew Wow, I feel there should be much better signal breakage handling from such professional equipment and at the very least the unit should conform to the volume knob setting...
        • February 19, 2021
    • joshtew
      Paul_Vannatto I'll report this to the developers (of the DP48) to see if they can do anything about it.
      • February 20, 2021
      • Very Loud Pop(even with fully lowered Volume) when Upstream DP48  in daisy chain is switched off
        joshtew Thanks, much appreciated
        • February 21, 2021
    • joshtew
      joshtew

Glad to report that the above issue has been resolved in DP48 FW v2.2!

• April 28, 2021
    • joshtew
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks Josh for the good report
      • July 8, 2021
  • jojojoshua
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-22
    Recently installed 6 DP48 with a Wing console for our church. Question is concerning storage of presets on the DP48. When you store a preset, does it store both the A and B mixes on the one storage slot? Is there a way to store A and B mixes independently? we are using the A mix for our stationary musicians and the B mix fed back to the Wing and routed out to wireless IEMs for the vocalists. The musicians are usually the same but the vocalists change from week to week and it would be great if they could save their mixes separately from the musicians. In regards to the 8 channels returned on the AES50. Does anyone know if anything is on 7 and 8? Channels 1 and 2 are the A mix. 3 and 4 are the B mix. 5 and 6 appear to be the ambient mics. Thanks for the help.
    read more...
    0 90
    • jojojoshua
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Eric, Yes both A and B mix are stored in the presets. Currently there is no way to separate the mixes. I had started developing a DP48 editor app last summer, but ran into a snag with the required checksum that has to be generated and added to the end of the file. When I get a chance, I'll try again to complete the app.

Channels 7/8 are the Line In L/R
      • June 22, 2020
  • New
    GeorgeAukerman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-27

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to transfer files, IE mix/group settings, via the SD card from unit to unit

0 80
    • GeorgeAukerman
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can. If you press the Setup and SD Rec buttons simultaneously, it gives you the Load/Save as well as Read/Write from/to the SD.
      • May 27, 2021
  • New
    WillemKrabbe
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-24

Hi,

I noticed i can only assign an aes channel once to a group. When assingning the same channel to a second group it dissapears from the first group.
    This is logical but.

When i want to use the DP48 for  two musicians it could actually be helpfull to assign  the channels to 2  different groups.
    Because then user 1 can use group 1 for (example) drums and adjust the individual channels to his own flavour. User 2 can use group 2 for drums and adjust the individual channels for his own flavour.

Is there a possibility to change this in future firmware?

Willem

read more...
    0 74
    • WillemKrabbe
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Willem, unfortunately it is not possible to assign a channel to more than one group, due to the assignment design.
      • February 24, 2021
      • DP48
        WillemKrabbe Thanks for your quick reply. Pity though it's not possible.
        • February 24, 2021
  • New
    ecfsanjose
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-06-17

On WING + DL32, how many DP48s can be daisy chained without issue? I could use the second AES port  off the WING or the through connection from the DL32 stagebox.

Thanks

Matheos

0 73
    • ecfsanjose
      Paul_Vannatto I think the answer is the same as to how many P16 can be daisy chained - we're not sure.
      • June 17, 2021
    • ecfsanjose
      DavidKnighton Hello ecfsanjose,
      I'm not sure if there is an exact number, but I know at some point there was a class full of X32/M32 that were all daisy chained, between 30-40 mixer without issue. That being said, you should probably make use of a HUB4, because 1 bad cable link can disrupt the whole AES50 stream. A HUB4 will distribute up to 4 separate streams for better management.
      • June 17, 2021
    • ecfsanjose
      ecfsanjose Thanks Paul, David
      • June 17, 2021
    • ecfsanjose
      joshtew Do note that talkback function doesn't work between daisy chained DP48s.
      • July 7, 2021
Go to page