Statistics

250,738 members
127,934 posts
  • Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-11-24

Since various magazines and Arturia have publicly called us out over the launch of our Swing MIDI Controller, we would like to respond and share some facts around the principles of competition and clear up some misconceptions.

Competition is a highly effective tool to drive innovation by empowering Customers to make their best choices and force manufacturers to constantly reinvent themselves. Innovation means progress and this happens on many levels, whether it relates to customer experience, functionality or cost efficiencies etc.
    There are 4 established marketing strategies: market leader, market challenger, market follower and market nichers. Here is a great article: https://aytm.com/blog/brand-positioning-for-a-competitive-edge-part-3/

The competition law was designed to avoid companies creating a market monopoly and stifle innovation, which would be detrimental to the rights of the Customers to expect better offerings. The law was specifically designed to encourage everyone to fiercely compete, even when it means over the same functionality and design, provided intellectual property such as utility (functional) and design patents as well as trademarks etc. are respected.

How many Fender Stratocaster or Gibson Les Paul clones are out there in the guitar world and how many SM58 clones are available? How many cars or mobile phones look alike? It is not surprising that Gibson recently lost a substantial legal case trying to prevent others from making V-shape guitars or Fender, who lost all trademark cases related to their Stratocaster design.
    The reason is simple: the law encourages competition and provides maximum freedom for companies to engage head-on, all for the benefit of the Customer.

We are spending large amounts of resources on innovation, which is reflected in products such as X32, XR18, Flow, DDM4000, etc. This made us the global market leader for analog and digital mixers and over the years we have built an extensive patent portfolio:
    https://community.musictribe.com/pages/intellectual-property
    However, we also clearly choose to follow successful brands and products, while adding more features and/or competing on price. Much of our innovation is invisible to the Customer as it relates to our highly advanced and automated design and manufacturing processes and for that we are spending hundreds of millions of US$.
    For this reason, we have become strategic partners with Microsoft, Siemens, Adobe and many other Tier 1 companies as we are pushing for extreme digitization and automation.

The follower marketing strategy is a very common business model in any industry, which is enabled by law to encourage competition. With our new Swing MIDI Controller, we followed an established concept, but of course wrote our own firmware with added functionality. However, these unique features will only come to life when we launch our free DAW.

The free Music Tribe DAW will form the heart of an incredible eco-system, where all our controllers, synthesizers and drum machines etc. will integrate seamlessly, thus dramatically improve connectivity and workflow. This will make it incredibly easy for our Customers to create, edit and share their music.
    Only our upcoming controllers will feature total integration with our synthesizers, drum machines, digital mixers and other Music Tribe equipment, while also offering standard functionality with all 3rd party products.

For anyone familiar with the industry landscape, Arturia has been cloned for years (Worlde MiniMidi, etc.), while the company has also been “borrowing” from others with their VST replicas of legendary hardware synths, open-source code from Mutable Instruments, the “Expressive Touche” controller or the registration of known “DX7” and “Synthi” marks. Equally, our own analog Xenyx mixers and many other products have been widely cloned.
    ¬We will absolutely continue to deliver innovative products but also follow our competitors as we expect our products to be cloned - fair play.

We are very cautious when it comes to our follower approach and employ expert intellectual property firms to ensure our products stay within the boundaries of the law; we are committed to never intentionally infringe on other companies’ intellectual property.

Many years ago, we were entangled in bitter lawsuits with Mackie and Pioneer, which we all won. But we also recently lost a case against Yamaha in China related to a simple fader knob design that involved a design patent we were unfortunately not aware of. We changed the design, we will pay the fees and move on. Notably, Yamaha themselves were sued by Dr. Dre over their headphone designs (https://www.cnet.com/news/dr-dre-sues-yamaha-over-headphones/) or entangled in other legal matters (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/musical-instrument-firms-to-pay-millions-after-breaking-competition-law), which clearly shows how competitive business is. The heated Apple versus Samsung disputes are a prime example.

It is our Purpose and Mission to empower Customers who don’t have deep pockets and provide them with the best possible equipment at fair prices. We do understand that we are a fierce competitor and at times controversial as we’re relentlessly push the envelope.

We would like to thank all our Customers who have supported us over the past 30 years. We are absolutely committed to continue to deliver the best possible products at the lowest possible cost.

read more...
    3 31,702
    • Behringer
      K-Linerz I dont understand why people are so touchy these days about all this! If there wasnt the competition like we get from yourselves/Behringer we would all be sitting in our studio's either with equipment that has probably crippled our finances, or no equipment priced out by companies like Roland/Korg etc who have done so for years. Its only more recent times where competition is fierce that it pushes the prices down for these companies to fight it out for our money.
      Comments i have seen where people have said " I was going to buy the MonoPoly but after this im not" is absurd. Good luck finding a Mono/Poly at the price point you can buy the Behringer one! - well, maybe if it was just a shell they might.

Keep going!
      • November 24, 2020
      • Competition. The Facts.
        VarjuLaszlo Roland, Moog deserves his fate, but Korg is a traditional cheap brand, and they producing their classics or something nearly in upgraded version. They producing MS-20, but Behringer made a fake version not for a reasonable price. There are the Minilogue, what is the modern but stil analogue version of MonoPoly, but more CHEAPER then Uli's copy.
        • November 25, 2020
    • Behringer
      snidedj Well, I guess they have a fair point. I wasn't sure whether I supported the cloning of a current piece of hardware so blatantly but they have reminded me how often this happens and how it fairly contributes to competition.
      • November 24, 2020
    • Behringer
      Champ_007 You can thank me with a new UMC1820 that already has issues after a couple months use.
      • November 24, 2020
        Behringer Hey Eric, so sorry to hear that you have issues with your interface. Have you already opened a support ticket to get that sorted out?
        • November 24, 2020
        Champ_007 Nope. Goes back to the store and will buy from another brand that´s more reliable. Great interface if it weren´t for those poor components.
        • ·
        • November 24, 2020
        LionBird12 You did the right thing. Eric. Behringer does not deserve our dollars right now.
        • November 24, 2020
        K-Linerz Had my UMC1820 for the last year and had zero issues. Even expanded with their ADAT and the UMC1820 runs smooth with all 16 channels simultaneously.
        • ·
        • November 24, 2020
        LionBird12 Hey Behringer, you suck right now. Your You tube page for the product says it all. Thousands of negative comments and shit you deserve. Fix this crap and take the product off market you A holes. Pathetic Response this is!
        • November 25, 2020
    • Behringer
      jschussler The question most are asking isn’t “is it legal,” it’s “is it necessary?” You could have designed a very similar product without making it an exact copy and still had a successful offering. Cloning so directly comes off as lazy. Why didn’t you modify the physical design in any way? You have the capability....
      • November 24, 2020
        mp4n4 Who cares, copying a product is much cheaper than actually developing one. Also, this could be an entry for Behringer in a new sub-market so they prolly don't wanna spend too much. Moreover, keystep 32 costs the same amount of money, so this is not competitively priced and the market will show whether this will be a successful product or not. To me, lazy, is when you can't put a good encoder knob on your product (Arturia Beatstep Pro) and you sell it at high price. We have a free market, you only hear about products that are better sold to you, or with better marketing and not necesarilly "unique". I really do not care about whether Behringer copies products or not, these are tools for creativity and not football teams so no one should be a fanboy really, they're asking for your money and you hope they give you the best value for it back and thats about it. Keep going Behringer and any other company that clones stuff..
        • November 24, 2020
        jschussler "Who cares"

Lots of people care, hence the controversy.
        • November 24, 2020
    • Behringer
      TravisSpore Wow! That is some twisted thinking. Returning the couple things I just purchased--they just became "defective" weird right? And cancelled the modules I had on pre-order. What a disgusting way to do business.
      • November 24, 2020
  • DanielCST
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-06-22
    Hey guys, Struggling to find a way to sync my crave with my korg electribe without using a midi 5 pin cable as the electribe doesn't have one - only has a 3.5mm sync in and out. My two korg volcas are also included in the chain, And I want my electribe to be my main clock/tempo master. (volcas synced up fine) I cannot get a midi 5 pin to 3.5mm jack in my country unfortunately and it did not come with any equipment I have. Also I can't get a midi interface at this time. I managed to sync my electribe tempo to the crave and everything else followed the tempo of my crave, but can't reverse it. Any ideas?
    read more...
    0 1,055
    • DanielCST
      beatnik420 Electribe [via USB] <-> DAW [via USB] -> CRAVE

i.e. attached screenshot
      • June 22, 2020
    • DanielCST
      DanielCST Hi there, thank you for the response :) so this would make my electribe the main clock, and then I can control the tempo of my crave with the electribe and volcas etc? For doing a daw less jam :) I'm recording into ableton, but only using hardware for creating.
      • June 22, 2020
  • New
    ralphiedee
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-07

Question, a bit rusty on midi but I have my TD 303 and trying to sync to Abelton Live. I'm using a FocusRite ScarletIt interface and it seems to work but the sync seems off as I dont know if its the patterns in the 303 but when I raise or lower the tempo in Live it slows and speds up so I guess it's synced?

Can I use midi and will it sync better?

If someone can answer this I have a few kinda newbie questions, plz advize thx RD

read more...
    0 879
    • ralphiedee
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Ralphiedee as I’m sure you are aware the TD-3 is a USB Class Compliant MIDI device, and so no driver installation is required. The TD-3 does not require any additional drivers to work with Windows and MacOS.
      The unit offers the following MIDI connections:
      MIDI OUT/THRU - this 5-pin DIN jack is used to output MIDI OUT data, and pass through MIDI data received at the MIDI INPUT.
      MIDI IN - this 5-pin DIN jack receives MIDI data from an external source. This will commonly be a MIDI keyboard, an external hardware sequencer, a computer equipped with a MIDI interface.
      USB PORT - this USB type B jack allows connection to a computer. The TD3 will show up as a class-compliant
      USB MIDI device, capable of supporting MIDI in and out.
      USB MIDI IN - accepts incoming MIDI data from an application.
      USB MIDI OUT - sends MIDI data to an application

When it comes to Sync, please be aware that to Sync and set up the clock type, you should star by using the selector switches 1, 2, 3, or 4 represent clock source INT, MIDI, USB, or TRIG respectively
      The selector switches 5, 6, 7, or 8 represent clock rate 1PPs, 2PPQ, 24PPQ, or 48PPQ respectively.
      Press Function.
      Make sure no sequence is playing.
      Press BACK and WRITE/NEXT at the same time to enter Sync setting mode.
      Selector 1 to 8LEDs will turn on, and the current clock source (1 to 4) and clock rate (5 to 8) will fl ash, you have about 3 seconds to make any changes.
      Press Selector 1, 2, 3, or 4 to change the clock source to INT, MIDI, USB, or TRIG respectively
      6. Press Selector 5, 6, 7, or 8 to change the clock rate to 1PPs, 2PPQ, 24PPQ, or 48PPQ respectively.
      Press any other buttons or after no changes for a 3 seconds, the changes are saved.
      Repeat step 3 to check your selection. Caution: Clock source must always be INT (internal) if you are not using an external clock.
      Please note that the clock rate 24 or 48 PPQ (Pulses per quarter) are recommended.
      To set up the TD-3 with Ableton you should do the following:
      Start by connect the TD-3 to your PC via USB, connect the output jack from the TD-3 to a 1/4" input on your audio interface and turn it on. Per the User Guide, you don't have to install a driver, as the TD-3 is USB class compliant and therefore doesn't need one for Windows or MacOS. (I will assume you aren't trying to do this on an OS that is a flavor of Linux.)

Open Ableton.

In a new Live Set insert a MIDI track if necessary.

Select Session View and Device View if not already selected.

Select Instruments from Categories on the left side of the Ableton Live window and drag/drop an External Instrument into the MIDI track. You should see the External Instrument title bar inside the device view.

Set "MIDI To" to the TD-3. (If you don't see it, either your computer's not seeing the TD-3 or you started Ableton before turning it on. If it's the latter, turn the TD-3 on and go back to step 2.) MIDI channel will probably be 1. I'm going to guess that you can use Behringer SynthTool to set the MIDI channel on the TD-3 end if necessary.

Set "Audio From" to the input number on your audio interface.
      Now, you make a choice: Today, do you want to use Ableton to trigger the TD-3 to play notes, or do you want to use the TD-3's internal sequencer to generate the notes? To make these changes, you'll go to Preferences in Ableton. To make Ableton send MIDI notes to the TD-3, select the Link/MIDI tab in Ableton, and where it says "Output: Behringer TD-3" or something to that effect, turn Track on. If you'd like to use the TD-3's internal sequencer, turn Sync on instead.

Now to deal with latency. It will be helpful to turn the Ableton click track on and play quarter notes from the TD-3 so you can tune the track delay times so the TD-3 plays nice with your internal instruments and VSTis in Ableton.

The D button toward the lower right side of the window in Ableton toggles the Track Delay controls; this lets you add delay time to the software synths and drum machines so your computer can send sync or MIDI to the TD-3, the TD-3 can generate sound, and your audio interface can receive the signal and burp it all out through your speakers without the TD-3 lagging behind the soft synths.
      • December 9, 2020
    • ralphiedee
      ralphiedee Thank you very much your tech support is great!!
      • December 9, 2020
    • ralphiedee
      ThorstenBösing from my side, better use the midi jacks instead of USB. USB and midi makes often a problem, because of its nature. this is not a problem of the TD-3. I saw that on a lot of friends PC´s. There are so many USB devices and different USB-hubs etc. And mostly the combinations on USB devices makes trouble to the stability of the Sync process. had the same with Products from other Brands so its a gerenric problem. USB / Midi is not my cup of tea.
      • December 13, 2020
  • Doris
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-03

Hi there, I'm a singer and a totally newbie with the TC Helicon Voicelive 2 touch... I played with my band and wanted to mix with some live loops I was making but they got out of sync with the rythm of the band. I've been looking everywhere but I cannot find how to do this, hope someone understands what the problem is?

read more...
    0 506
    • Doris
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Doris,
      This is actually a pretty difficult issue when it comes to live looping with a band. You basically have two options, and your drummer might hate both...

Option 1 is to crack the whip on your drummer.  Get them to pay attention to your loop, and once you've recorded a loop and have it playing back they'll need to play in time with your loop.  Your loop becomes the new tempo master that everyone else slaves to, especially the drummer, or else like you found everything will go out of sync very fast.

Option 2 is to introduce a MIDI click track.  Use something like a laptop to output MIDI clock with an audible click track - like a metronome the click track is then fed to your drummer through in-ear monitors (headphones), and MIDI clock is sent to your Touch 2's MIDI input which will quantize your loops to the click track.  This is obviously extra hardware and effort but some drummers will prefer this method.

Both of these will require cooperation and extra effort from your drummer, which isn't ideal but really this is only way to loop live in sync with a band.  It's a simple problem with a pretty complex and still-evolving solution.

The concept of a "listening looper" is a relatively new one.  To have a looper that adjusts to your playing, as opposed to adjusting your playing to the looper, isn't a common thing in the industry yet.  TC Electronic just released a listening looper last year, the Ditto Jam, and its beat-detection tech is hopefully going to make it into future TC Helicon products.  But for now with vocal looping you'll have to do it the old way (above), or alternatively you could send your vocals out from the Touch 2 in mono and do your looping in a Ditto Jam, that'd make your dummer happy but you'd only have one loop slot as opposed to Touch 2's 6 loop slots.

• October 3, 2019
    • Doris
      Doris

Well first of all: thank you very much for reacting, this helps me getting to know the options a lot better!!! The solutions you suggest are in my case not possible because we don't have a drummer (we ave a percussion player , the rhythms come form the computers of the keyboard player and the guitarist) so that is a bit difficult.

I heard somenone mentionng Ditto Jam so I will explore this as well although I bought the Voicelive for this purpose. Another thing is that I want to mix in my loop while we are playing, (instead of me starting them an someone else following me) so that makes it even more difficult.

Other options I was thinking about:
      1:can the slave option in the settings for metronome do something to this?
      2: I heard someone mentioning Ableton push? Is that an option?

• October 4, 2019
  • Maevis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

Hi,  has any one experiecned this?  Using my Crave in Ableton and when I connect it via usb and hit a key, either on the Crave itself or using my launchkey mini, I get a squealing feedback type sound almost immediatly after the note.  I have to then switch the Crave off and on again to get rid of this insane noise.   This doesnt happen when I go via the midi in, which is ovioulsy what I will do from now on.  So it's usable but confusing and annoying!  Any ideas?

Thanks

read more...
    0 378
    • Maevis
      DavidKnighton Hello Maeve Devine,
      Would you be able to capture this problem on video? I think this would be a great way pass on to our developers. Post a download link to your video in a reply post and we'll investigate. If it's something we need to work on, then it'll take some time before an update is released.
      • September 28, 2020
      • Behringer Crave squealing feedback  type sound when usb is connected.
        Maevis Hi David. Cheers for the reply. Yes I can do that. I'll get on it asap. Cheers. M
        • September 29, 2020
    • Maevis
      Maevis Ok here's a video. I've got it running through a Stienberg sound card and a mixer before the speakers in this, but I repeated the process right after with the Crave line Out going direct to a little practice amp / speaker and it was just the same. This is literally my first synth so its entirely possible that I'm making some rookie error (which I'll pleased about if that is the case) but I have no clue why this is happening. PS, I'm using this with Ableton (Live 10 trial version) and it seems to be working ok when I connect it with just a midi cable.... Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated. I really love the sounds I've coaxed out of this thing so far and I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with it once this problem is resolved. Thanks M
      • September 29, 2020
    • Maevis
    • Maevis
      DavidKnighton Hello Maeve, Thanks for providing the link. I can clearly hear something is not right when the USB is plugged in.
      Does is matter whether or not the SynthTool is open/running on the computer?
      What happens if all apps are closed, does it respond the same way?
      If a firmware update is available for the Crave, I would recommend running it via SynthTool to see if changes anything. You can find the SynthTool version 2.4.1 under SOFTWARE on the Crave product page here. https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX" target="_blank" title="https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX" target="_blank" title="https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX">https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX">https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX">https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX
      Let me know if this changes anything. If not, I'll raise a software /bug report with the developers.
      • September 30, 2020
      • Behringer Crave squealing feedback  type sound when usb is connected.
        Maevis Hi David. I did as you suggested and it seems that the issue has been resolved. I'm wondering if maybe I was getting feedback from something I'd routed wrong in the rest of my signal chain. Who knows?! Any way, my Crave is behaving itself again. Thank you for your time. Best wishes.
        • October 1, 2020
  • New
    dgemmell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-19

Is anyone else having this issue? Connected perfectly to my antiquated MacBook Air but I've finally upgraded and now I can't the new MacBook Pro to recognize it. 

Anyone else having this issue with the new Macs with the Apple chips?

0 372
    • dgemmell
      Nigel67 Hi Dean, USB/audio/MIDI function of our products is fully UAC2.0 compliant and should keep working under CoreAudio as before. Our devices do not require drivers under MAC OS. It could be a security setting that you may need to change in the OS. If the UM2 still works with your old MAC, then you will need to contact Apple support for further assistance.
      • December 20, 2020
  • Doris
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-26

Hi there, I'm a singer and a totally newbie with the TC Helicon Voicelive 2 touch . I am experimenting with it and I canot find out how to connect the TC Helicon Voicelive 2 touch with a Korg K25 midi studio controller. I want to do that in case when I want to harmonize it keeps in key with the song we are playing. I never worked with midi at all so maybe I am making some basical mistakes, but I hope that there is somewhere a guide or what to help me get along.

read more...
    0 362
    • Doris
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Doris,
      You should be able to use a 5-pin MIDI cable (like this) to connect the MIDI output from your Korg to the MIDI input on the VoiceLive Touch 2.  Also ensure that in the "Setup" menu on your Touch 2, on the "MIDI" tab that the "MIDI Control" parameter is set to either "MIDI" or "Merge" so that the Touch 2 is listening to that MIDI input port.  Cheers!

• June 20, 2019
  • New
    ericcmoss
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-06

Hi there-

I'm attempting to use a bass plugged directly through my Behringer UMC204HD into my laptop (W10 PC). However, I'm not getting any indication of input signal on the UMC device (no green light on 'SIG'). I've also tried plugging into channel 2 with the same result hooking up a condenser mic on both channels with no apparent signal either. I also connected the hardware to a powered USB port, but still no luck. I also have a Behringer UMC404HD, and that is producing the same results. I was wondering if signal was still passing, and attempted to record in my DAW (Studio One), but no signal was recorded. I can confirm that the PC sees the device(s).

Setup for instrument: Bass-1/4" cable to Input 1/2, INST pressed in, tried both pressed in/out for Pad, Gain between 50-100% (I've tried using my guitars, as well as multiple cables too)

Setup for mic: Mic-XLR to Input 1/2, Pad pressed/depressed, Phantom power on, Gain between 50-100%

Drivers have been installed from Behringer's website.

I rarely use the UMC device, and have only plugged it in a few times over the past few days repeating the steps I described above. When I've used it on a mac, it works perfectly. Any thoughts on what might be going on and how I might troubleshoot further? Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 293
    • ericcmoss
      Nigel67 Hi Eric, have you tried the UMC on your MAC since finding that it wasn't working with Windows. As long as the unit is getting power through the USB (does the power light come on?) then you should be able to play your instrument and see signal on the meter. If you press the Direct Monitoring switch, you should be able to hear the instrument through your headphones. Try your MAC, and also on your Windows 10 computer, plug directly into a USB socket (try them all) as some USB hubs can cause issues.
      • Jan 5
      • UMC204HD/404HD - No input signal appearing
        ericcmoss Hi Nigel- I don't have a mac personally, but can confirm it's worked on my collaborator's mac. I've been able to get the UMC to work in the past (about 5 months ago) on my PC, which makes this issue more puzzling. However, what I'm really trying to determine is if the UMC requires either a certain amount of power (e.g. from USB) or the correct software configuration for signal to show up on the UMC meter.
        • Jan 6
        Nigel67 The maximum power consumption mentioned in the Quick Start Guide is 2.5 watts. I do not have any exact figure, but there will be quite a bit of headroom included in the 2.5 watts. You didn't mention whether the power LED is lighting on the unit. If you are using phantom power, is the red LED lit above the power LED? Maybe the first place to start, is turn the phantom power off, and try putting audio from a phone / ipod into one of the inputs and seeing if that lights the signal LEDs. The unit here, when I plug the USB cable in, the signal leds switch on for a few seconds and then go off. Do you get any signal LEDs when you plug the usb in. Have you tried any of the other USB sockets on your computer? Do you have a mixture of USB 3 and USB 2 connectors. Try the USB 2.
        • Jan 7
        Octa101077 hi Nigel, my UMC404HD suddenly can't be read by my PC. even though the led light remains on (not the phantom led). I've tried switching the usb channel but it's still the same. I tried it with my Win10 laptop, it's still the same. how should i be?
        • Jan 14
        Nigel67 Has your computer performed a Windows 10 patch upgrade since it last worked, or have you installed any other units or software? If you go into Bluetooth and other devices on your computer, is the ASIO driver showing up in Audio Devices? If not, then I would suggest uninstalling the ASIO driver and re-installing it. Are you using a USB hub. If so try plugging directly into the computer USB. Also try other USB ports. If the ASIO driver is showing up in Audio devices, then it could be an issue with your DAW. May need to re-install
        • Jan 15
  • Yuasasan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-08

Why is it so hard for Behringer to copy the midi setup section,

as part of the X32 edit app, in the Xair edit app?

I like to connect a bcf2000 to  Xair edit app, as easy as it is to connect to the X32 edit app.

Bcf connected trough usb to pc, and in MC control mode.

Being able to select  fader banks in User1 or User2, and have them be controlled by the bcf2000

Not having to use third party software or other midi configering efforts to be made.

What makes the Xair app different from the X32 app, besides the X32 has more faders...

Anyone?

read more...
    0 266
    • Yuasasan
      Paul_Vannatto What do you mean by "selecting the faders to control in User1 or User2"?
      • September 8, 2020
      • bcf2000 use in XR-edit
        Yuasasan Not familiar yet with the way this forum works, made some remarks in my discussion, seems not the way to reply to you Paul... Hope you can reply...
        • September 8, 2020
      • bcf2000 use in XR-edit
        Paul_Vannatto No worries. We are all struggling with this "new fangled forum" interface. Each time they change interfaces, it seems to go from bad to worse.
        • September 8, 2020
      • bcf2000 use in XR-edit
        Yuasasan kinda like this Paul
        • September 8, 2020
      • bcf2000 use in XR-edit
        Yuasasan and this is what I 'd like to have implemented in the XR edit version
        • September 8, 2020
      • bcf2000 use in XR-edit
        Paul_Vannatto The X-Air Edit only reflects what is part of the X-Air firmware (in the console). There are many features of the X32 that are not part of the X-Air by design. As far as I know, there are no plans of increasing the midi functionality of the X-Air platform.
        • September 8, 2020
    • Yuasasan
      Yuasasan that would be a selection of inputs or control faders (like the master, matrixes or busses) to be custom layered. Making sense here?
      • September 8, 2020
      • bcf2000 use in XR-edit
        Yuasasan and not having matrixes in the xr18 is known, but hoped you got the idea of having custom fader control as x32 provides
        • September 8, 2020
      • bcf2000 use in XR-edit
        Paul_Vannatto Actually the X32 itself does not provide custom faders. The X32-Edit app (version 3.x and newer) does have a custom layer. The idea came from Mixing Station's custom layers. But that can't be implemented via midi. All apps (including X32-Edit, Mixing Station, Live Toolbox, etc.) communicates with the console via OSC protocol, not midi.
        • September 8, 2020
      • bcf2000 use in XR-edit
        Paul_Vannatto Only the new Wing have custom (User) layers built into the console.
        • September 8, 2020
    • Yuasasan
      Yuasasan faders in the pc (or Mac) edit version that is.. they will be reflected on the bcf that way
      • September 8, 2020
    • Yuasasan
      Yuasasan I would like to have the same interface option the X32 provides for handling external MIDI gearfor the XR18..
      • September 8, 2020
      • bcf2000 use in XR-edit
        Yuasasan I made some changes to my first entry, redifining my question...
        • September 10, 2020
    • Yuasasan
      Yuasasan it seems like this topic has been here for ages, what's the use of music tribe if behringer itself doesn't reply to this simple question.
      • September 13, 2020
  • coolbreeze711
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-05

Im' trying to learn how to choose the correct voltage, and how to open the fuse compartment...

0 209
Go to page