Statistics

216,311 members
89,520 posts
  • TC-James
    Triber Moderator
    2019-06-14

CALLING ALL FLASHBACK 2 USERS!

Thanks to your extensive feedback, we have developed a new firmware update for the Flashback 2 and we are NOW SEARCHING FOR BETA TESTERS!

The update gives users the option of having TAP TEMPO as the secondary footswitch function and true stereo input instead of MASH.

After updating to firmware V1.2.00, you can toggle between MASH and TAP TEMPO as a global setting for your Flashback 2 in the TonePrint App.

Press and hold the footswitch for 1.5 seconds to activate TAP TEMPO control (power LED turns green), then tap the footswitch in sync with your desired tempo to adjust delay times accordingly.

When TAP TEMPO is selected from the TonePrint App the MASH LED will constantly flash to display 1/4 note tempo of the delays, even when the pedal is turned off so you can always tell if you're on time.

The firmware update also fixes a small bug regarding stereo summing in buffered bypass mode when using stereo output.

If you own a Flashback 2 and you'd like to help us beta test firmware V1.2.00, please contact us :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, 1.2.00 firmware is now officially released and can be downloaded on the TC website:
    https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/FLASHBACK-2-DELAY/p/P0CKR/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Thanks for all the help and feedback. With best regards,  Mike  TC electronic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

read more...
    5 6,938
    • TC-James
      TC-Mike

This is how you disable MASH switch to activate the TAP tempo feature on the new 1.2.00 firmware:

• Connect you Fb2 pedal to your computer or mobile device

• Start the Toneprint app 

• Select the Flashback 2 in the Templates view:
        flashback 2 beta disable mash1.PNG

• Select any template from the list and click on the pencil icon to edit it 
        fb2 diable mash 2.PNG

• click on the Product Settings tab and then on the MASH switch lever as seen in the screenshot

• fb2 product settings.PNG

• you have now disabled MASH switch functionality and the MASH LED should no blink and indicate the current delay time

• the setting is remmebered until you enable  MASH again 

• June 13, 2019
    • TC-James
      APG247

I own a TC Electronic Nova Delay and love the hold tap tempo feature where you can hold down the tap tempo button, play a rhythm and the pedal listens to the tempo you play and matches it. Will that feature be available on the Flashback 2?

• June 25, 2019
    • TC-James
      gmobbs

Hi TC-James,...Just read about the FB2 firmware update that enables tap tempo in lieu of MASH.  That's a great trade-off in my book, and I'd really like to be included in the beta-testing on this new firmware.  What's the proceedure for getting involved?  Thanks!

George (Seattle, WA)  425-922-8688

• July 25, 2019
    • TC-James
      rushrn61

Hi,

Please send me the Firmware V1.2.00 update for TAP TEMPO secondary function on the Flashback 2

Thank you in advance,

Randy
      • July 27, 2019
    • TC-James
      countach74

I'd like to try the firmware as well.

• July 29, 2019
  • woodall57
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-27

Hi guy

I just got my plethora X5 today. I have a feeling I have got it early than supposed to but I am just wondering how do we know the unit is on the latest firwmare version and where are firmware updates done. Are they done via the app or do we need to download the firmware under thep product support and update using the toneprint editor? I do not see any firmware on the support site so I am just wondering as I want to make sure I am on the newest version

Thanks 

Jake 

read more...
    0 1,356
    • woodall57
      jamesm82

Glad to see another early owner - feel rather lonely doesnt it! I got mine yesterday and was wondring the exact same thing - from looking on the message boards today it seems that current firmware and next 1.1 is due next week. 

How are you finding it so far ? Im thinking of returning mine as cant get on board (pardon the pun ) with having to use the app to do the majority of editing/stuff 

• March 30, 2020
    • woodall57
      colliander

Hi!

I got mine today and I really like it so far... I saw in their Q&A video that a tuner has been added but I can't activate that so I'm guessing I'm on an older firmware. I can see tha firmware version in the app but do I need to connect to the computer to update via usb? 

• April 1, 2020
    • woodall57
      HenningBerthold

Ich habe das gleich Problem mit dem Tuner. Bekomme ihn nicht aktiviert. 

i have the same Problem with the Tuner. 

• April 4, 2020
    • woodall57
      Grille22

Hi received my device today as well. Would be great to have some advice on the tuner issue. I don't know how to activate it. And hard to believe... is there really no full manual available? I can only find a "quick start guide". So far I'm not as exited as I expected. And there is no Phaser-effect?

• April 6, 2020
    • woodall57
      Luiggi

Hi!
      I've received mine today! Very excited but… it freezes all the time and I can't even switch between pedals ¿has anyone the same problem? I'm hoping it's a software issue. However, there's no firmware update anywhere.
      I'm about to return it ?

• April 7, 2020
  • HotWired
    Contributor - Level 1
    2015-06-21
    Hallo... as my RH450 is in repair at TC-Electronic. (Completly dead at a gig!!!!! no light at all)
    I am thinking about getting an BH550.
    Qustions:
    1. Is the Fan always on?

2. Is the preamp section analog or digital?

3. Has anybody had the same problems with the BH550 as i have have with the RH450... suddanly no ligtht, no sound. ??

Kindly
    Thomas
    read more...
    0 1,174
  • gilmourstrat
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-02

Hello,

very excited about the newcomer Plethora X5. It seems a great and somewhat portable pedalboard.

A couple of questions:

• I'm used to work on "preset" based or "patch" based effects - meaning at a click of a button I can turn on and off some effects - can I achive similar funcionality implementing "Boards"?
    • Can I change boards (up and down) using the MASH buttons?
    • Also how quick is the transition between boards? Will I notice any lag?
    • Does it have any kind of "boost" pedal that can be thrown in the board?

Many thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 1,025
    • gilmourstrat
      TC-Mike

Hi Gilmourstrat,

• Plethora's 5 fx slots, et you bypass/unbypass  individual pedals or the insert loop just like a real pedal board 

• triple clicking the first 2 footswitches lets you toggle boards up and down or you can use midi prg changes to load them

• yes, changing board is not seamless,as 5 Fx and hundreds of parameters are initialised, so there is a short mute to prevent clicks for smooth transition

• Plethora X5 doesn't have a Boost pedal included, but you can integrate one via the insert loop (loop can be set to be in front of the board, at the end or anywhere in between

Best regards,

Mike

• March 2, 2020
    • gilmourstrat
      gilmourstrat

Many thanks @TC-Mike for the great explanation

Now I know what to expect

• March 2, 2020
    • gilmourstrat
      TC-Mike

you are very welcome, let us know if you have any other questions or feature requests.

Cheers,

Mike

• March 2, 2020
    • gilmourstrat
      gilmourstrat

A quick question @TC-Mike :

Is the Plethora a "pure Tone print unit" or can I make my own effect programming as if it was the real pedal? Meaning can I build my own parameters or just use/adjust what's on the Tone Print?

Many thanks!!

• March 11, 2020
    • gilmourstrat
      TC-Mike

Yes, you can completly customize and program the individual toneprint pedals in the toneprint app, just like the pedall counter parts . Only difference is, that you have only 3 instead of 4  potmeters per Fx slot/Toneprint pedal to program, but all p3 otmeter functions are programmable, + you gain MASH switch + Expression pedal as additional parameter modifiers that can be programmed for each slot. Expression pedal can control parameters across several pedals, so you can program crossddfades between blocks of pedals. You program your toneprints in the app while monitoring all settings in realtime + you can use the potmeters to control parameters and touchscreen of your ipad or android tablet. Next firmware update, gets a board manager and tuner and trhen we add more Fx...

• March 13, 2020
  • ckpt-martin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-17

OK, since I feel it is time-consuming to go through all the different posts to get an overview of all the existing feature requests for the PX5, I decided to create a comprehensive list here.

So, what I did is go through all the PX5 feature request posts that currently exist (at least all I noticed) and put all those requests in here. Where there were multiple requests, I added votes to the existing ones (1 vote = original request, 2 votes = original request + one endorser).

If you have additional requests you can't find in this list, just add one in a comment below and I will try to keep track and manage the list in the original post. Same goes if you want to endorse an existing feature, just add a +1 comment. This would give everybody a better overview of where the community priorities are.

TOP 10

1. Add Looper

2. Add Helix Phaser Effect

3. Edit POT Params in play mode (tied with 2.)

4. Select signal direction (L2R or R2L)

5. Add EQ Pedal

6. Global Tap Tempo (tied with 5.)

7. Additional cab sims (tied with 5.)

8. MIDI CC to enable/disable single footswitch (tied with 5.)

9. Add Vicous Vibe Effect

10. MIDI clock support (tied with 9.)

Effects / Pedals
    Feature Votes Comment
    Add Looper 8 On Roadmap for 1.2
    Add SpectraComp 3  

Add BassOverdrive

Display delay time in bpm while editing delay pedal

Add EQ Pedal

5 WORKAROUND: With Hyper Gravity's 3 band gain features you can also emulate a dynamic EQ which is a nice workaround for not having a dedicated EQ. (try DynaQ template and adjust the gain ranges of the 3 bands to taste via app)

Add Vicous Vibe Effect

4 On Roadmap for 1.2

Add Helix Phaser Effect

7 On Roadmap for 1.2

Add Metronome Pedal (with tap tempo)

Allow Tuner to occupy a pedal slot

Support trails while switching boards

3 Currently PX5 is muted shortly

Edit POT params in play mode

Add Boost effect

1 WORKAROUND: You can use the PIPELINE tremolo as a Booster as it can gain output with up to 9 db.. Just set mod depth to 0% and assign outlevel (0dB to +9dB) to MASH switch (via app) or Exp pedal and voilá... a dynamic clean boost

Tap Tempo via expression pedal

Global Tap Tempo

Additional cab sims

5 Bass cabs also

Program MASH switch to enable/disable multiple slots

Select signal direction (L2R or R2L)

Add Envelope Filter effect

Add BodyRez pedal

Pot as effects level or dry/wet in play mode 2  
    Keep artist tuning when selecting toneprint 1  

Add Wahwah pedal (with expression)

Configure parallel and series signal routing

3 Currently all pedals are in series

Add DreamSpace pedal

Add Trinity 2 pedal

Enable "4th" Pot without TonePrint App

Add Fuzz effect

Stereo/Mono Control

1 https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Guitar-and-Bass/Plethora-X5-The-Ultimate-Feature-Request-Thread/m-p/299140/highlight/true#M1075

CarlBigsby Board Mgmt

1 https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Guitar-and-Bass/Plethora-X5-The-Ultimate-Feature-Request-Thread/m-p/299140/highlight/true#M1075
    Add the classic TC2290 panning chorus 1  
    Allow NoiseGate to be inserted w/o assigning it to a slot. 3 Currently occupies a slot.
    Add stereo capability to Pipeline Tremolo 1  
    Advanced routing configuration 1 See @SmashAshby comment https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Guitar-and-Bass/Plethora-X5-The-Ultimate-Feature-Request-Thread/m-p/299388/highlight/true#M1090
    Custom Expression Pedal calibration 1 Similar to Flashback X4
    Multiple effect presets within board 1  
    Sensitivity setting for MASH 1  
    Stereo FX loop 1 May not be technically possible
    Display board name in play mode 1  
    Save/confirm changes in edit mode 1  

MIDI Features
    Feature Votes Comment
    MIDI CC to enable/disable single footswitch 5 Currently in beta testing
    MIDI CC to enable/disable global bypass 1  
    MIDI over Bluetooth 4  
    MIDI clock support 4  
    Tap Tempo via CC 1  
    Modify POT parameters via CC 3  
    CC for expression pedal 3  
    CC for MASH function 2  
    MIDI PC to enable/disable multiple switches at once 1  
    Configure MIDI channel 2  
    Bypass FX Loop via CC 2  

TonePrint App Features
    Feature Votes Comment
    Edit/create individual boards 2 seems to be in the planning, but only board order and renaming available in 1.1 firmware and 4.3 TonePrint app
    Easy connect via Bluetooth 1 Currently need to go into BT connect menu on PX5
    Backup/save boards to PC 2  
    Enable all TonePrints as available for separate pedals 1  
    Set overall per board volume/gain 1  

read more...
    9 793
    • ckpt-martin
      Wyngnut

Good idea - is officially recognised?

Vote +1 for:

- Midi Rx channel

- Midi clock (note: selectable at pedal level)

- Midi CC pedal bypass state

comment:

- anything Midi CC really needs ability to set midi Rx channel implementation first (though this is apparently on the way)

Add request:
      - BodyRez pedal

• April 17, 2020
    • ckpt-martin
      lawrencelefties

Wow, cool list!

well, my votes are:

Feature Votes Comment
      Add SpectraComp +1  

Add BassOverdrive

+1  

Add EQ Pedal

+1  

Support trails while switching boards

+1 Currently PX5 is muted shortly

Edit POT params in play mode

+1  

Tap Tempo via expression pedal

+1  

Global Tap Tempo

+1  

Additional cab sims (bass cabs also)

+1  

Select signal direct (L2R or R2L)

+1  

And if i can  make a request i'll suggest to use the pot as effects level or dry/wet on play mode, so you have a free slot on the edit mode.
      And it would be nice if you can control also the params that are not editable on the screen on the edit mode. (instead of using the app).

Add Request:
      BodyRez pedal

Thanks!
      Lorenzo

• April 17, 2020
    • ckpt-martin
      TomY2K

Hello,

Based on my first usage I would have the main following requests:

• Possibility to use a pedal without assigning a slot. Mainly for the noise gate which is always engaged for me.

• keep artist tuning when selecting toneprint (not with the current knob position)

• Add Looper

• Add Helix Phaser

• Add EQ Pedal

• add a Wahwah pedal (with expression)

• Possibility to delete factory boards

By the way I love the Plethora !!!

Thanks you

• April 18, 2020
    • ckpt-martin
      Stef63

Hi,

super list!

it would also be nice to be able to save the boards on your PC, a back-up...

and to have the option to chose for each slot parallel or serie.so we can decide if we want an effect to influence the next or not ...you could have slot 1&2 with the loop with distortion and 3.4&5 with a delay with a clean tone...

Thanks

Stef

• April 18, 2020
    • ckpt-martin
      Ben_F

Hi, great idea! First of all, I really love my Plethora, a great and very intuitive platform. Here is my wishlist ?

- Helix Phaser and Viscous Vibe are number one on the list

- Use of the 3 knobs in play mode for on the fly adjustments

- Add the T2 and the Dreamscape which are part of the TonePrint familly

- Add the possibility to use the "4th knob" without using toneprint app (tone on the Corona or Sub2 on the Sub n' up)

- Add digital Drive, Disto and Fuzz for light travellers (like the cab sim) and just in case

- Add the missing Toneprints : there are some toneprints available for individual stomps that are not for Plethora

Stay healthy,

Ben

• April 18, 2020
  • bnixon2010
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-21

So i have tried to submit a tickit and of course ( like many others i see) it didnt go through.I have tried to connect my FB2 to 2 different computers, a Mac Pro on 10.13.6 and a windows 10 PC and neither recognise the pedal. I am using a brand new cable from the box as well as a brand new cable from the Hall Of Fame 2 box to no avail. I have always just beamed toneprints to the pedal but cannot use the editor. I confirmed the latest firmware. Please help. This costumer service really has me second guessing my Begringer Poly D purchase i am about to make.......

read more...
    0 768
    • bnixon2010
      TC-James

Hi there,

I understand your frustration. Just to check a couple of things to get us started ... have you downloaded the latest version of the TonePrint Editor to your Mac and/or PC? The latest version is from last month, so fairly recent: https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Apps/TONEPRINT-EDITOR/p/P0CLC/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Thanks, James.

• January 21, 2020
    • bnixon2010
      bnixon2010

I do have the most recent version . 

• January 22, 2020
    • bnixon2010
      TC-James

Hi Brian,

OK. There's a few idiosyncracies with regards to the order in which you connect and start things. Please try this:

- The pedal needs to be connected first via USB cable, before opening the app. Then open the app and it should ask you to select a TonePrint slot. On doing this the app should then recognize the pedal. If that doesn't work it'll usually help to reboot the computer or startting the process from the beginning.

This little video might be helpful for you  
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJelHAoGTII

• January 22, 2020
    • bnixon2010
      bnixon2010

yeah this is kinda annoying. I finally got my Flashback 2 to connect and now my HOF 2 is not responding

• January 23, 2020
    • bnixon2010
      TC-James

Using the same approach?

Thanks, James.

• January 23, 2020
  • FelixHomann
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-03

Hi,
    it would be great if the Flashback 2 could be synced to MIDI Clock via USB. It's already recognized as a class compliant USB MIDI device and can sync to tap tempo. So it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Kind Regards

Felix

read more...
    1 633
    • FelixHomann
      TC-Mike

Hi Felix,

thank you for your feedback. With the current Fb2 Midi sync via USB is unfortunately not an option due to the codespace being fully used, so there are no recources left for new features. With the new Fb 2 Firmware update, that is being released next week, we opted to implement a Tap tempo mode instead and could just fit it in, so that other feature ideas had to be dropped.

We keep this in mind when developing new products and have it already logged as a feature request.

In a typical Guitar setup Din Midi is much more common and has better compatibility with other existing midi enabled guitar products. Our new FB 2 X4 has expanded Midi specs including Midi clock and global tap tempo feature, as it also has enough space for standard mid connectors. On the normal sized Toneprint pedals there is no space for a din midi socket.  Would midi support via minijack out and an adaptor work for you too ? 

Best regards,

Mike

• September 2, 2019
    • FelixHomann
      FelixHomann

Hi Mike,

thank you very much for your detailed reply. It seems I might need to get a good deal for my FB 2 and get a FB 2 X4 instead  

MIDI through a minjack+adaptor would be a good idea for the normal sized pedals, indeed. The reason I specifically asked for the USB/MIDI sync was that there already is a USB jack on the pedal and hoped it could be implemented. In the end I don't care that much how the MIDI connection is made.

Regards,
      Felix

• September 3, 2019
    • FelixHomann
      SpaceAgeHero Hi guys,
      I'm also interested in Midi Clock sync for the Flashback 2.
      Unfortunately I don't have enough space for the X4.
      Couldn't this be implemented on the stereo input jack (where also tap tempo pedals can be used)?
      That is all, which is lacking for me on this awesome compact pedal.
      Kind regards
      Raik
      • Jan 17
  • CarlBigsby
    Regular Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-01

Plethora X5 could seriously simplify my rig without compromising on the sound quality. But before ordering one I have a couple of questions.

1. Can I use the MIDI-pedal on my my MIDI control board to use it as an expression pedal for  Plethora X5?

2. I will use mine in stereo, but I don't always need or want stereo sounds. Is it possible to program to mute the the second output channel when using certain "pedal boards". E.g a song start with a big stereo intro, but when the verse start I change "pedal board" to smaller sounding one in mono which is muting my second guitar amp. 

3. The harmonizer in G Major 2 is great and the best I have tried (even better than my Eventide PF). Is Plethora X5's intelligent pitch shifter as good as the one in GM2?

4. Can the output volume be set individualy for each "pedal board"? E.g. to get different output levels between rhythm playing, solo and intros. 

5. Will it be possible to create complete pedalboards on a Mac/PC?

Thanks. 

read more...
    0 603
    • CarlBigsby
      TC-Mike

Hi Carl,

1) No you cannot use and external Expr pedal via MIDI at this point. However, you can connect an expression pedal directly to PX5 expr input and program the expression pedal to control up to 3 parameters per pedal, each with its own parameter value curve. This way you can control parametes across pedals, which is very nifty.. 

Eg map it to FX level with recursive curve to crossfade between pedals etc... 

For more realtime controlk of FX paramter you can use the MASH switch that each FX slot got and that allows you to control up to 3 more parameters per pedal/Toneprint ( MASH is a pressure sensor build into the footswitches, so you get expression functionality build-in to every pedal!)

2) No, you cannot mute individual outputs on a per patch basis. The unit has jack sense, so if only mono output is connected FX signals are summed.

3) Plethora has the Quitessence Harmonizer included, which sounds much better than the old "Wave mechanix" one... 

4) No, there is no global FX volume and like a real pedalboard the overall outåput level depends on the settings of the ndividual pedals used. However, the Expression pedal can be set to work as a volume pedal, so you can control the output level per pedal (or for all pedals) via connected Exp pedal.

5) The Toneprint app is available for MAC and PC and allows the editing and transfer of either artist toneprints or your custom pedal  toneprint creations to the Plethora.

We are also currently working on a board manager that will be part of the Toneprint app for Plethora...

here is an early Ui draft (may/will  be subject to change!)
      board manager alph draft.PNG

Best regards from the TC tribers,

MIke

• March 1, 2020
    • CarlBigsby
      CarlBigsby

Thank you TC-Mike @T ,

1. OK, I can live with that and hope for future MIDI expression pedal support. 

2. I understand. But the loop is in mono, perhaps I can place the loop last in the chain and use that as a separate mono output for my main amp...? Please advice. 

3. Sound great.

4. Do all the "pedals" have programable output level? Then that would be good enough for me. Any way to be able to program the volume of a pedal board would be good enough. 

5. The "Board Manager" will be a major time saver. It owuld be great to build all the boards from the TV sofa (or the bathroom... ).

BTW a simple looper would be great when programming and fine tuning sounds. I have a Ditto now to be able to record a guitar part and then my hands free to turning then knobs. Not having a separate Ditto on the physical board would simplify the build and the powering of the board even further. 

Many thanks for the prompt response. I am now very close to ordering one...

• March 2, 2020
    • CarlBigsby
      TC-Mike

1) i'll pass this on. What other Midi related features would you want/need? 

2) Yes, you can insert Loop after the 5th slot at the end to sum to mono, but signal will still be played out via both outputs!

4) all except Noise Gate.  

5) you populate the board via the app and selecting slots on the Plethora . Board manager will be aseperate module tied in to the app/editor workflow..

A simple Looper is planned for one of the next firmware updates as well

Best regards,

Mike

• March 2, 2020
  • dhpasta
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-13
    I was looking for way of contact with TC to share with You my opinion and few ideas on Plethora. Only working way I found is here. So, I felt in love with Plethora since first video of it. I used to be against guitar multi effects but idea of five separate effects with their own footswitches, luck of complicated routing, multiple cab and amp sims are what I expect from multi effect. Very clear displays, intuitive handling and many effects to choose from with Toneprint technology are big advantages. Technical feedback. I've got two (actually three) problems when using Plethora: 1. Tremolo - on few toneprints, especially with faster settings tremolo is changing speed randomly. It spins with set speed then speeds up for a second, gets back to set speed, speeds up again for half of second, gets back, and so on. I've done update, because I've read that it was reported earlier, but it still happens. 2. Changing boards - when I switch pedalboards and hold a note or a chord, volume rises up and lowers when next board ends loading. It's a bit disturbing because volume increase during the change is quite big. Also volume is higher when I switch on my rig and Plethora is loading. When it is ready to use overall volume is lower. 3. There is one more small thing. When I change boards with lever switch there could be a bit more time to decide which board I'd like to choose. In other words: When i switch board up, number appears on display, I read it's name and decide to change for next board, but it's too late and board starts to loading. I have to wait for loading to be ended and change to next board. That time when number and name of next board is being displayed could be a bit longer. Quick changing boards by pressing lever quickly is possible. I also found few things which in my opinion could be improved: 1. List of toneprints - I've uploaded to plethora some artist toneprints from app and created few mine. List of toneprints became a bit messy. I think that the list could be divided in sections: templates, user toneprints, stock toneprints, artist toneprints. Categories could be divided with line like between templates and stock toneprints. 2. Toneprint label - when I use stock toneprint in play mode there is label on display: TC ELECTRONIC, when it's my own toneprint there is: LOCAL USER. When I use artist toneptint there is also TC ELECTRONIC label. It would be helpful when there will be label ARTIST or artist name will appear. 3. Empty slot after deleting pedalboard - for example: I have 25 pedalboards. When I delete number 22 this slot remains empty. Then when I create new one it gets number 22. For me it would be nice to shift boards numbers after deleting one in the middle and giving last number for newly created. I know that it could be unuseful for other users, so it could be an option in settings menu like: Delete board: shift numbers/remain empty. 4. Deleting tone prints - It's more a question than an idea. Is it possible to deleted toneprint loaded to Plethora? For example: I've created toneprint and I don't need it anymore. Can I delete it from toneprints list in Plethora? I couldn't find that in app. According to FAQs in video (YouTube one with Scotty & Anders) I'm also waiting for phaser. I think it's must-have in such a device. It also would be grate to have Alter ago toneprints in Plethora! Now I have to save some money and buy drive pedal to complete my rig 'cause I sold almost all my pedals to purchase Plethora. Maybe I should try MojoMojo? :) Sorry for long post - it was supposed to be a mail :) I would be very happy if you find my feedback helpful.
    read more...
    1 601
    • dhpasta
      dhpasta Can I format text in post somehow?
      • June 13, 2020
      • Plethora X5 - few words of feedback
        RexBeckett The only formatting tool discovered so far is that Shift-Enter starts a new paragraph.
        • June 13, 2020
        TC-Mike currently not that i am aware of... this is likely just temporary due to the new forum launch last night too.
        • June 13, 2020
        TC-Mike here are screenshots on how to disable Pipeline TEMPO feature and how to assign TEMPO subdivision to MASH pressure sensor.
        • ·
        • June 13, 2020
    • dhpasta
      TC-Mike Hi DHPasta,

welcome onboard and thanks for the great feedback. Much appreciated . Glad to hear you like our new Plethora :-)

We monitor this community closely for fproduct eedback and there is also a feature request post here in the TC Electronic brand tribe /Guitar & Bass forum where you can add your ideas or upvote existing feature requests
      from other users:

You can also always send product feedback, ideas and questions to our CARE team using the "Support" tab at the top of the page or simply send me a PM…

Latter is currently not possible unfortunately due to the transition to the new community structure, but the team is working on it.

Regarding your issue with the tremolo changing, this is due to the Toneprint/setting you are using having the “TEMPO/BAR” feature active, which allows you to specify up to 4 tempo subdivision
      that are cycled through for the duration of a bar. This can be very useful when combined with the tap tempo feature that you can activate via SETTINGS/BOARDS/2NDARY FOTSWITCH FUNTION.

In order to disable it on a particular toneprint you like, edit the toneprint via the app by disabling all tempo bar fields except the first one.

P.s. alternatively you can assign the Subdivision that the toneprint uses also to the MASH switch or a connected expression pedal , so you can easily change tempos while always staying in sync with the tapped tempo. Typically you set Mash default to quarter notes,
      so the speed always snaps back to your basic tempo when footswitch is released after mashing . If you just want to switch to eg .8th or 16th notes, set all other curve points to same value.

In order to delete a Toneprint stored in PLETHORA’s on-board library, select the toneprint you wan to delete in EDIT mode and then press and hold the TONEPRINT push encoder to get the “DELETE” option.
      Press push encoder again to confirm and execute. All on-board toneprints are also available as template via the app, so you can either start off fresh and build your own library from scratch or just edit the available
      Toneprints via the app and store them in your user library for later use and using the STORE TO PEDAL option you update the edited toneprint on the PLETHORA.

I logged your feedback regarding memory location behavior when deleting board as a feature request. You can use the board organizer of the app to rename boards and change order too.

The Helix Phaser, Viscous Vibe + a Looper will be available with the 1.2 firmware update scheduled for later this summer…

What would be your top 3 feature requests for the 1.3 update?

Best regards from the TC guitar team
      • June 13, 2020
        dhpasta Thank you very much for quick answer Mike! I'm happy that you've found my opinion helpful.
        Thanks for solutions - I will mess with tremolo later on
        It's nice to hear that Helix Phaser will come in firmware 1.2! What would be my requests for 1.3? For sure it would be Alter Ago tonprints. I'm very curious about it and it would be good companion for phaser in more vintage tones. Secondly those cosmetic updates I've mentioned above - divided toneprints list, artist labels on effects and maybe active pedalboard number (or shorten name) visible somewhere on display. The third one - filter effect. That would fill list of effects. Kind of LPF, envelope, equalization. With companion of expression pedal that could be use as wah-wah. Also equalizer with toneprints powers could be mighty tool! Ane the forth, becasue it argues with idea of "drive of your choice" it could be booster with some eq possibilities. It could be useful for people (like me) using Plethora in 4CM with drive from amp. But I know it could be done with some addition pedal.
        • ·
        • June 13, 2020
        dhpasta O, and as Linux user I should upvote request for Toneprint App for unix systems
        • June 13, 2020
        TC-Mike i pass this on - with regards to efforts of supporting an additional platform on top of MAC OSX, WINDOWS , iOS and Android versus using the time on other product features instead that's gonna be a tough one to sell ..
        • June 14, 2020
    • dhpasta
      TC-Mike Cheers, noted.
      As for the booster, you can currently also re-function your Pipeline Tremolo as a dynamic boost. Since it can boost output level by up to 9 dB, just assign output level to MASH switch and set Modulation depth to 0% , so you don't get the tremolo. If you don't want a gradual boost, just set all curve points to the same boost value
      Hyper gravity with its 3 bands can also be used to adjust the colour of your signal by using it as a dynamic EQ mapping the gain parameters of the 3 bands to the potmeters.. Try the dynaQ template as a starting point and adjust the boost/cut levels in the app to taste. You can set the X-over frequencies of the 3-bands too.
      • June 13, 2020
        GuitarGeorge Hey There TC Mike!
        • July 1, 2020
        GuitarGeorge I'm loving my Plethora. The only modulation pedal I can't get rid of is my Crescendo. Any chance that can be added in the next update?
        • July 1, 2020
  • TC-Mike
    Triber Moderator
    2019-05-21

Hi all, 

after a lot of user feedback there are now brand and product specific "Sub forums" available that brings back some of the structure of the old TC user forum to make it easier to find content and the right place for posting your questions, experiences and everything else around and about Tc products.

Best regards from the Tc tribers,

Mike

read more...
    3 573
    • TC-Mike
      MarcPautz

Great!!

• May 22, 2019
    • TC-Mike
      Vasco_Romijn

And when will this be done for Behringer, Midas (and all others). Special for M/X32 users it is still a big mess. Can't still find anything anymore and this is my first comeback visit since months because of this mess. A lot of old forum users are already gone and proberly never return. This was really a bad and stupid way to go while the real old forum concept works.

• June 13, 2019
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike

Hi Vasco,

i don't know, but am more than happy to pass your feedback on. 

We know that there is still a lot of work to do, but the design team is very responsive to feedback and the implementation of the brand tribes are a step into the right direction making it easier to figure out where to post.

If you have any other suggestion on how to make the community more user friendly, please let us know. you can also messege me in private and i make sure all feedback is documented and passed on to the right persons.

Best regards,

Mike

• June 13, 2019
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike

Hi Vasco,

brand tribes for Midas and behringer are avaiable now: 

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Midas/ct-p/MI

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Behringer/ct-p/BE

best,  Mike

• June 16, 2019
    • TC-Mike