Statistics

299,778 members
183,555 posts
  • dhpasta
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-08

Can G5 head be used without speaker cabinet plugged in at all?

Can I put it on my desk, connect emulated output to my interface and use it safely? Without damaging the power amp? Is the only condition to leave "standby" lever switched off?

Same, can I unplug cabinet, switch off "standby" and connect effects loop "send" to my interface and use my own cab sims?

In owner manual there is information about "silent operation" with headphones, but it is not said if I can safely unplug speaker cabinet.

read more...
    0 787
    • dhpasta
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Jakub, Yes, it is possible to do this. you can choose between a 1 x 12 or 4 x 12 emulation when being used with headphones, alternatively, you can use this to directly patch to a mixing console/audio interface for live or studio applications and treat it as a DI track to further add effects or amp sims. This output will both work with the amp fully powered or left in standby.
      • October 8, 2020
      • Bugera G5 Infinium - Can it be used without speaker?
        dhpasta Ok, thanks for answer. Beside that can I use effects loop send as a DI track without IR when real cabinet is unplugged from the amp?
        • October 8, 2020
        dhpasta In general, my point is: Can I use the amp without speaker?
        • October 8, 2020
    • dhpasta
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Jakub, it is best to use the emulated output if you wish to send a DI track to some recording software, and yes the amp can be used via the emulated output without a cabinet connected.
      • October 8, 2020
        dhpasta Now it's clear. Thank You!
        • ·
        • October 9, 2020
  • ScatPack2020
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-12

I have a behringer V-ampire lx1200h amp head missing three knobs and I would like to fix them do you have a parts diagram with part number so that I may replace them I just got this head.

0 545
    • ScatPack2020
      KyleJohnson Hi Scatpack2020. To order parts, please submit a spare parts ticket by clicking the Support button at the top of the page.
      • August 12, 2020
  • New
    KrishnaphatM
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-19

Hi All 

My amps ( Bugera 333XL ) have seriously noise when rotate on knobs Master and Treble and sometimes they are not working I think they should replace the new one. Master : 250K Treble : 50K but the pots are not like standard alpha 9 mm or the other amps use.  The shaft of Bugera pot is too long.

read more...
    0 504
    • KrishnaphatM
      Dale_M Thank you for your post, we do not recommend that users repair their own product as it voids any warranty. If you wish to buy spares please raise a spares ticket from the support tab above.
      • April 19, 2021
      • My Bugera 333XL Master and Treble pots are not working
        KrishnaphatM I had open a ticket to purchase the parts on Apr 16, 2021 Ticket Number: CAS-444348-J4N9F9 and have no any respond back to me till now.
        • ·
        • April 21, 2021
  • New
    JohnDerry
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-14

Is infinium 5 watts amps no longer made?  Is Bugera phasing out the 5 watt guitar amp head?

0 385
    • JohnDerry
      WilliamR Hello, the G5 Infinium head is currently still available. Bugera is not going out of business, there are a lot of manufacturing delays worldwide for certain components so it's hard to say when retailers will get them in stock.
      • June 14, 2021
    • JohnDerry
      JohnDerry Thanks William
      • June 14, 2021
  • New
    zoidus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-29

Just bought one of these and I am having problems with it. When I plus into the USB or the PC the blue TC Helicon logo lights up but then the square light above it which is supposed to be blue (red when guitar output is over limit) constantly flashes red. The blue logo then goes out and the red light stays flashing.

Can someone please help me?

Regards

read more...
    0 380
    • zoidus
      WilliamR Hello Phil, please click the support link above and create a tech support ticket, and someone will contact you directly to help you out with this.
      • October 29, 2020
    • zoidus
      zoidus Thanks
      • October 30, 2020
  • New
    mikemelton2002
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

II recently purchased a Bugera 333xl Infinium head but it did not come with the foot switch. The jack at the back of the head says "FSB104 Only" (picture posted), but it appears there are two different sizes of the FSB104 foot switch. My question(s) is/are; 1) which is the right foot switch, and 2) how can I purchase the right foot switch? I'm in Colorado, USA, if that helps locating a dealer or another solution.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 372
    • mikemelton2002
      DavidKnighton Hello,
      Check the link here: https://www.bugera-amps.com/bugera/product?modelCode=P0A5O
      The other FSB104A that I see on the website is legacy, meaning it is no longer manufactured.
      • June 17, 2021
    • mikemelton2002
      gmeades Bugera made 3 versions of the FSB104 footswitch each with different connectors on the end, and each only working with the specific amp model it was designed to work with.

Their naming convention only designates it is a footswitch and 4 buttons, with only the part number differentiating which is the proper one for which amp.

One had a TSR connector (for the Tri-Rec), one has the PS2 connector, like this one (for the 333XL & early 333XL INFINIUMs), and one has a 5-pin MIDI connector (for the later and current versions of the 333XL INFINIUMS,like mine).

The one that goes to this amp is the FSB104 (not FSB104A) with the PS2 connector. The PS2 connector looks like this -
      • Jun 21
    • mikemelton2002
      gmeades

Oops... looks like my memory is failing me. The Bugera Tri-Rec uses the FSB106A 6-button Footswitch, not the FSB104 as I mentioned above, and that footswitch will not work with any other Bugera amp. The FSB104A only works with BUGERA 6260 amp, and works with no other models... and the FSB104 was designed to only work with the Bugera 333 & 333XL amps, and was made with 3 different connectors, as mentioned above, with the early 333 models using a 7-Pin DIN connector, as noted in the Bugera 333 manual https://bit.ly/3zSq9cP; the early 333XL's using the PS2 (5-pin mini DIN) connector, and the later and current 333XL's using the larger 5-pin DIN (MIDI) connector. I actually ended up with all 3 versions of the FSB104 footswitches at one point in my hunt for the right one for my newer 333XL INFINIUM, and I ran into the confusion caused by Bugera using the same model name for these different versions. For the amp shown above, as long as the connector looks like what's shown in the pic, it'll be the right one.

• Jun 21
  • GeorgeKlongland
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-29

I bought the foot switch specified on the back of the amp and the connector is different.

The amp has a big connector and the foot switch has a small connector.

The part number is the exact part number called for. 

So is there a replacement connector that I can wire in ? Or and adapter ?

read more...
    0 328
    • GeorgeKlongland
      GeorgeKlongland
      • September 28, 2020
    • GeorgeKlongland
      GeorgeKlongland
      • September 28, 2020
    • GeorgeKlongland
      john0121 Sorry for the problem you've encountered here, can you please submit a technical support case via the "Support" button at the top of the page and we can get this looked into/resolved.
      • September 28, 2020
    • GeorgeKlongland
      GeorgeKlongland Can someone, anyone just get me a wiring diagram for the connector for the footswitch on the back of a 6262 infinium?
      • October 15, 2020
    • GeorgeKlongland
      GeorgeKlongland Can someone, anyone get me a wiring diagram for the footswitch connector on a 6262 infinium? I bought a new 5 pin din cable and need to know which pin is which to wire it .
      • October 15, 2020
      • Bugera 6262 Infinium
        JMaxfield77583 Google is your friend Bro! All of the Bugera schematics (except for the TriRec or the Magician - which never saw production) can be found online.
        • October 22, 2020
  • Fhuels
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-02

I own a Bugera T5 Infinium amp and I use my amp several times a week. Yesterday I powered up and after about 30 seconds the jewel light began flashing and the the tube monitor light on the back lit. I have two power and two preamp tubes so I swapped out preamp tube 1 with preamp tube 2, no change. I then swapped out power tube 1 with power tube 2, no change. I then swapped out preamp tube 2 with preamp tube 1, still no change. This seems to confirm the issue is not the tubes. If I set the output to 5 watt, turn volume and gain to 10 and engage the phat button I can hear the amp is sending a signal to the speaker cabinet, and it sounds fairly normal, just at a vey much reduced output level. This is true for both speaker cabinet and headphones out. Any advise, tricks, reset options, ... is greatly appreciated!

read more...
    0 305
    • Fhuels
      JasonB81 Hey Fred - The amp MAY require service -please go to the support tab at the top of the page and submit a ticket to the support team. One of my colleagues will then be able to get back to you.
      • September 14, 2020
    • Fhuels
      Fhuels Hello Jason. I have contacted support and have shipped my amp to the service center for repairs. Thank you for your response.
      • September 14, 2020
  • New
    Ws6air
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Anybody by chance have the schematics for the 1960 infinium / need for repair shop to start working on it / will keep confidential 

thanks 

marc 

0 226
  • PaavoM
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-07

Hi there,

Few weeks ago at the rehearsals a crackling noise from speakers got my attention. Standby LED on my Trirec was blinking and before I managed to turn the amp off, all the LEDs went off and smell of burning electronics built up.

I changed all faulty components and put new power valves. Everything was working, except the Infinium module. It didn´t do anything. Not blinking the monitoring or adjusting bias voltage.

So, now after sending few spare part requests with no replies, I have a simple question. Is the TUBECTL3 available spare part or not?

If it's available, I´d like to the cost. Otherwise I¨ll do my plan B and build the amp up titled Trirec Manfinium. I´ll lose the Varpower function and auto-biasing, but anyways it´s not a big paper weight.

PM

read more...
    0 188
    • PaavoM
      DavidKnighton Hi PM,
      Could you get me your first case number please? I'd be happy to look into it and get someone to email you back with some info.
      • October 7, 2020
    • PaavoM
      PaavoM Yes, the case number: CAS-139607-C7D6D8. Thank you.
      • October 7, 2020
      • Bugera Trirec Infinium TUBECTL3 blown, where to find a new one
        DavidKnighton Hello PM,
        I forwarded your case number to the appropriate team for immediate action. Apologies for the wait thus far. Someone should be addressing your ticket very soon. Please let me know otherwise.
        • October 8, 2020
    • PaavoM
      PaavoM Hi David, Thank you for your big help. I finally got the spare part, the Infinium module and now my Trirec is alive and rocking. There was still one faulty part cooking the voltage regulation and causing fuses to blow. It was lttle bit time consuming to track it without schematics, but it was done and fixed. Cheers, PM
      • October 26, 2020
Go to page