Statistics

249,701 members
126,754 posts
  • gcvrsa
    Volunteer Moderator
    2020-06-12
    I heard there was a new firmware for the Mimiq, so today, I decided to go through my pedals and make sure everything was up to date. I have successfully updated the Mimiq and my SpectraComp, but when I attempted to follow the instructions to update the firmware in my Polytune 2, the pedal stopped working entirely. I can't get it to power on anymore, no matter what I do. I followed the instructions on the YouTube video. I plugged in the input jack, then plugged in the power, and the tuner booted up. I then held down the display button and plugged in the USB cable. Nothing seemed to happen, so I tried it again, and now the pedal doesn't seem to power up at all. Is there anything i can do to recover it? Update: SOLVED As it turns out, what happened here is that the pedal I was sold in not, in fact, a Polytune 2, it is a Polytune Classic, which someone sold to me as a Polytune 2 and shipped to me in a Polytune 2 box. The pedal wasn't dead, it was stuck in "boot mode", and by downloading the Polytune Classic, I was able to successfully update the firmware (which was actually already at the current version), and the pedal rebooted into its normal mode and is functioning properly. It took me a little while before I spotted the fact that the logo on the Polytune 2 is actually different to the logo on the Polytune Classic. I was a little worried when I bought this pedal, as it doesn't say "Polytune 2" on the front, but at the time I bought, I noted that the Polytune 2 doesn't actually say "Polytune 2" on it, it only says "Polytune". However, the logo on the Classic is left-aligned, and the logo on the Polytune 2 is centered, and that is the only apparent difference in appearance. I did not notice this when I first purchased this pedal, which I believe was over two years ago.
    read more...
    2 168
    • gcvrsa
      TC-Mike Good to hear you solved it. there should also be a FAQ about it in the FAQ section
      • June 13, 2020
    • gcvrsa
      leocoelhobass I have the same problem and I can't find the software to download, please help
      • July 30, 2020
    • gcvrsa
      gcvrsa It would appear that with the most recent update to the tc electronic website, the Polytune Classic software has been omitted. I suggest contacting tc electronic support directly, I'm sure they still have the software.
      • July 31, 2020
    • gcvrsa
      leocoelhobass I am Brazilian and do not speak English, to request support is very complicated, there is a lot of information on the form that I don’t have! help me
      • July 31, 2020
  • boothscience
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-07

Maybe it is just me, but every stockist that I've visited isn't expecting these for 3-6 months. Some are reporting it as discontinued.

Any idea when these will be back in circulation?

0 166
    • boothscience
      PedroRodrigues Hi boothscince Thank you for your contact, we have no information about any issue, please follow the link below to access our network of partners and contact the partner closest to you. https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html
      • September 7, 2020
      • Global shortage of Polytune clip
        boothscience Appreciate the response buddy, but I have to say if you can find one I'll buy it. The only place I see them is on ebay at a hideous mark up. I thought it might be due to the covid situation, but the only UK stockist that has had them was Anderton's... and they had a defective batch that were actually unitunes with the wrong casing. An update on their actual status would be greatly appreciated.
        • ·
        • September 9, 2020
  • New
    jeremeikun
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-06

I use my Polytune mini 2 for my bass guitar. It works great except for the lowest strings on my 5 string (tuned to drop G). Trying to tune the drop G seems to engage the polyphonic tuning feature, potentially from all the overtones generated from the bass string?

At the moment I tune my lowest string at the 12th fret harmonic but it gets tedious after a while.

I believe being able to disable the polyphonic tuning feature could help me but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help

read more...
    0 138
    • jeremeikun
      PedroRodrigues Hi Paul , As you know by now, PolyTune 2 Mini is a polyphonic tuner, you can strum your instrument, and PolyTune 2 Mini will analyse and display the tuning of all strings.
      It is not possible to activate or deactivate the polyphonic tuning mode you just struck and it works, the strings that are in tune will be represented by two green LEDs. Strings that need tuning are represented by two red LEDs below (flat) or above (sharp) the middle row.
      • Jan 6
  • New
    Conor68
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-12

I went to purchase a Polytune Clip and was told by my local music store that there was a recall in Australia however i can't find any information. Can you clarify please?

0 121
    • Conor68
      Dale_M We have had no reports of this.
      • May 13
    • Conor68
      Conor68

Okay the store is Turramurra Music in Sydney,Australia if you're concerned. Always loved TC Electric. Had a few dodgy clip on tuners and this seems to be the best by a long way

• May 13
  • New
    bansteadkebab1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-22

Hi - I recently (2 months ago) purchased a Polytune Clip (Black). Works great in chromatic tuning but seems to be absolutely no response for polyphonic tuning. When I strum the guitar the screen is blank apart from a green dot top centre. My understanding was that the polyphonic tuning kicks in as soon as you strum - user error or something wrong with the unit?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Andy

read more...
    0 96
    • bansteadkebab1
      PedroRodrigues Hi Andy, please see the image below I think it will help you on this matter. Thank you
      • November 23, 2020
    • bansteadkebab1
      bansteadkebab1 Hi Pedro - thanks for the speedy response. Press and holding button 3) for 5 secs doesn't seem to help - all it does is toggle between the needle and strobe modes (which is does if I were to press the button once). I've been in touch with the retailer (Andertons) and this looks like it is a faulty unit (unless you have any other suggestions?). Thanks, Andy
      • November 23, 2020
      • Polytune Clip Black
        PedroRodrigues Hi Andy, if the unit does not respond to the process above, you should proceed that route with Andertons . Thank you
        • November 23, 2020
  • New
    BigTBZ
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

i have 2 of the tc electronic clip on tuners, which work great.

the screws and fasteners have fallen out of both of them while playing gigs and I was unable to find them. How can I obtain replace fasteners for these?

0 84
    • BigTBZ
      john0121 Hi, you can fill out a spare parts request via the Support button at the top of the page. A member of the team will then be able to advise on pricing and availability.
      • Jan 24
  • New
    jdelc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-07

Hi, I have a Polytune 2 mini in my pedalboard and everytime I connect the power it starts and stays in bypass mode until I press the switch. Does anyone know if it is possible to make it be in "tuning mode" everytime it gets powered on (without the need to press the switch)?

Thanks

read more...
    1 81
  • mutex
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-03
    Does the 9V battery have to be removed when connecting to and external 9V power? Thanks
    0 79
    • mutex
      TC-Mike No, it doesn't have to be removed. Just remember to unplug cable when not used + the PSU is not connected ,otherwise it will drain the battery if pedal is on and in bypass
      • August 5, 2020
  • MrZurkon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-14

Hi, I have a polytune 2 mini that I got on the used market, it seems to work ok but when you click the footswitch it says BATT every 30 seconds or so, should I be worried?

0 76
    • MrZurkon
      Nigel67 Hi, have never come across this fault before. As there is no battery inside, I am wondering whether the power supply is on the edge of working and not. I can only think that the software was copied over from its big brother and the batt message was not removed. Do you have another psu that you can try. it needs to be 9volts 100mA or more centre negative. Let me know how you get on.
      • September 14, 2020
      • Polytune2 mini BATT warning?
        MrZurkon Hi Nigel, thanks, I changed the power cable out and that seems to have cleared it.
        • ·
        • September 14, 2020
  • New
    TC Electronic
    Triber Moderator
    2020-12-04

[13:12] Aidan Belizaire

Introducing UniTune Clip Noir

We have elevated our trusty UniTune Clip headstock tuner to the highest level of coolness by giving it the fabled Noir makeover. UNITUNE CLIP NOIR offers uncompromised tuning quality, a scorchingly bright LED display and versatile tuning options with an elegant and sturdy design.

The Power Couple of Tuning Modes

UNITUNE CLIP NOIR features a light-speed chromatic tuning mode, gives you an instant readout with a bright needle display to an accuracy of ± 0.05 cent. Need total fine-tuning accuracy? Strobe tuning mode literally gets within two cents of your note with an incredible ± 0.02 cent of tuning accuracy.

Built To Last

UNITUNE CLIP NOIR is made from a special resin designed specifically to provide the kind quality and feel you would expect from a TC Electronic product. The tough stainless steel clip provides safe grip with a tight industrial grade spring and extra-grippy rubber pads to safely perch your tuner on your guitars headstock.

Does it come in black?

Now available in a sleek black housing with complimentary red buttons, ultra-precise strobe and chromatic modes, UNITUNE CLIP NOIR is the low-key master of no-frills headstock tuning.

read more...
    0 76
Go to page