• Bzeus19
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-10
    0 359
  • capitalvice
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-03

Hello guys,

I put some work into a RD-78 concept design that took me some days. I never owned the original one so there could be some flaws. I hope yall like it and it will reach Behringer.

I'm also down for some feedback!

Regards,

capitalvice 

PS: Behringer, if you want this as PDF and/or the 3D model, hit me up!  @UliBehringer 

EDIT: Just realized I missed some instrument volume knobs... Theres some space left in the middle area. Maybe you could add some more there.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-03 um 22.31.59.pngimage2.jpgimage3.jpgBildschirmfoto 2020-02-03 um 22.32.23.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-02-03 um 22.32.47.png

read more...
    0 317
  • New
    michaelraphael
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

I am trying to download SYNTHTRIBE but keep getting this message. Any solutions?

0 263
    • michaelraphael
      DavidKnighton Hello Michael,
      The error you're encountering is a security permission with Mac OS. Go to SYSTEM PREFERENCES>SECURITY and find the option to 'allow app to make changes'.
      • Jan 25
      • SYNTHTRIBE V2.4.6 2” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
        michaelraphael Im still having issues. Only those two options in system preferences. I am trying to use the machine with Reason 8. Do I have to have Synthtribe downloaded to enable this.
        • Jan 27
    • michaelraphael
      michaelraphael
      • Jan 27
      • SYNTHTRIBE V2.4.6 2” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
        DavidKnighton Hello Michael,
        Check out this help guide from Apple. You're on the right track. I think you just need security unlocked, then try to run the app again and it'll ask you if you want to open it. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491
        • Jan 27
  • uhoh7
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-20

After latest firmware upgrade, you must stop sequencer to change songs. Undocmented. Nightmare if you don't know about it.

3 259
    • uhoh7
      Tunk

Yes that totally stupid, we need this feature!  For live set use is really important.

• February 14, 2020
  • New
    RossDav
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-20

My mute button doesnt seem to work. However my solo button does what the mute button is supposed to do. 

Is there a way that I might have remapped the buttons without knowing?

The solo button seems to change tempo instead of solo

read more...
    0 255
    • RossDav
      PedroRodrigues Hi, I would suggest performing a factory reset on your unit to try to resolve this matter.
      Before performing a factory reset you should back up your data.
      The RD-8 uses SysEx messages to send and receive data to and from your computer. It requires the use of third-party software such as SysEx Librarian on Mac or MIDI-OX on PC. To back up your patterns, songs, and settings, you need to send a manual dump of the data. It works similarly to the Save operation on the RD-8, but instead, it will send the selected data as a SysEx message.
      For this please connect your RD-8 to your computer and launch the MIDI utility app for your OS. (SysEx Librarian on Mac, MIDI-OX on PC).
      Press the DUMP button and then press the TAP/HOLD button to switch to USB.
      If your device is connected to a MIDI interface, leave it set to MIDI.
      Select the data you wish to back up (song, pattern, settings) and press the DUMP button to send the SysEx message. Repeat the same procedure for each piece of data.
      Use your MIDI utility software to save the data as a .syx file.
      Resetting your Behringer RD-8 will permanently delete all user presets and restore the factory default settings. The procedure takes approximately 30 seconds. Be sure not to turn the unit off during the reset, as this may result in corrupting internal data. Follow these steps to perform a factory reset.
      Press the Settings button.
      Hold Tap/Hold and press step key 16. The display will read Wait.
      When the display reads Done, power cycle the RD-8 to complete the procedure.
      After this process is concludes you should perform a FIRMWARE update on your unit.
      Please follow the link below form one of our partners that will guide you on this process
      https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/behringer-rd-8-firmware-update/

I hope this helps resolving this matter.
      Thank you
      • November 20, 2020
    • RossDav
      RossDav perfect thank you that fixed the problem
      • November 20, 2020
  • jkvalentine
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-23

Hello Behringer,

I'd love to update my RD-8's firmware using Linux Mint 19.1, why do you only offer an updater for Windows and Mac? I'm a paying customer like everybody else, so please make it work with Linux. I tried to update via Wine, but that doesn't work. I can run the program but it doesn't find the RD-8 when it's in boot mode (it's all black then, that's right?). In the manual for the firmware update, updating the usb driver is suggested, but the one suggested clearly makes no sense for Linux. If I interprete the manual correctly, the RD-8 contains a STM-32 microcontroller that handles the firmware - so I guess it could work with Wine if  Linux runs a STM-32 driver (which one)?

Please help, thanks in advance

read more...
    0 251
    • jkvalentine
      jkvalentine

Hello? Customer service, anyone?

• November 27, 2019
    • jkvalentine
      jkvalentine

Dear Behringer team,
      I'm waiting for support for Behringer products. Me and a lot of other people! Why does no one answer our support questions? We're paying customers - but no support for us means no money for Behringer in the future. It's that simple.
      Please treat us like people who are interested in your products and your success, because we are.
      Thank you

• December 14, 2019
    • jkvalentine
      MicroCheapFx Same here !
      It would be cool if you provide the blob and tell us how to update.
      • Feb 15
    • jkvalentine
      MacSlow

I too would like to update Behringer gear via Linux with a native tool/application. But knowing this type of "industry" (non-Linux aware hardware/gear manufacturers), I am not surprised Behringer/musictribe simply ignores the "native Linux firmware update solution". They got our money and that's that. Sadly we are the fools here. Technically it is no problem to develop a cross-platform solution for firmware-updating, which would work on the typical three platforms Windows, Linux and macOS from a single codebase. This is not complex or time-consuming, thus not cost-intensive. But like the people before me in this thread, I am sitting here with a RD-8 (firmware revision 1.3.5) thus bugs and so solution in sight. This sort of attitude of Behringer could have been ok-ish some 15 years ago, but not these days... not 2021.

• Jul 2
  • HeikoKnuettel
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-30

Hi there,

I have an Elektron Analog Rytm that I want to use as master clock provider. Since MIDI is not that tight and the RD-8 has a clock input, I would love to use DIN Sync. The Elektron box can output DIN24 or DIN48 on a 5-pin-DIN-jack.

Does anybody know how I can wire that to the RD-8's TR/TRS clock input?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 233
    • HeikoKnuettel
      HeikoKnuettel

*bump*

Behringer staff? Anyone? There must be someone out there who knows how this non-standard sync jack works?

• February 11, 2020
  • heyvirgil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-28

So... I downloaded the latest synth tool for mac, and attempted to update from firmware 1.3.5 to the latest 2.0.2. Opened synth tool, it recognized my directly USB connected RD-8 on my mac pro 5,1 (OS 10.13.4)- firmware update page opened, instructions said to put RD-8 into DFU mode, so I power cycled the unit whilst pressing in the pin in the holde next to the USB port. the synth tool lost connection and the unit never displayed the wait text on it's screen. Now it only flashs the sugnal LED briefly when power ycled. The thing is bricked. Is there anything to do to recover this thing?

read more...
    0 219
    • heyvirgil
      PedroRodrigues Hi Virgil, thank you for your contact, with that issue description we will need to look in to that in more detail, please follow the link below to submit a assistance ticket for your unit so we can help you with more tools https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • November 6, 2020
      • RD-8 firmware update bricked my RD-8 help
        heyvirgil yeah just yesterday got my unit back from service- happened again, this thing wasn't fixed I was hoping the firmware would have been updated at the service depot, lol. I need a new RA, actually send a new unit, this shipping isn't cheap.
        • Jun 18
    • heyvirgil
      Rybeats I had the exact same thing happen to me last night. Followed the process and the new update seemed to have bricked my RD-8. Is there any help for this?
      • November 16, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan, We have detected an issue on the synth tool that is causing that issue,we worked non stop to resolve that issue and we have release a new synth tool that will resolve this matter. Thank you
        • December 8, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      djegozanini I had the exact same thing ?
      • December 7, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Diego, We have detected an issue on the synth tool that is causing this issue we worked non stop to resolve that issue and we have release a new synth tool that will resolve this matter. Thank you
        • December 8, 2020
        djegozanini I'll be waiting, thanks!
        • December 8, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      Rybeats Hi Pedro, I sent my RD-8 back last month and a ticket was created. There's been no status change in 3 weeks and I don't know who to contact about it. I can't seem to find any kind of support. Can you please help me find someone to contact about my RD-8. Thank you
      • December 16, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan Can you please send the case number for this matter so I can help?
        • December 16, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan, please confirm on your inbox as my colleague managed this matter on the 19/11/2020 at 21:32 and has send you all the information required including the RMA number and to where you should return the unit and he did not received any reply on this matter.
        • ·
        • December 17, 2020
        Rybeats Hi Pedro, I did get the email with all the RMA details and I shipped it accordingly to the proper address filled out with the RMA#. I saw the ticket was updated and figured I'd get a response back eventually. I will contact the customer quality service. Thank you.
        • December 18, 2020
        heyvirgil had the same experience they had my rd-8 for 3.5 months only to send it back and have the same thing happen.
        • Jun 18
  • ClapTrap
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-24

I have a Problem with my RD-8. I can transfer Patterns to Sequencer (Hard- and/or Sofware). It works fine. But if i transfer a Pattern from a Sequencer in to the Rd-8, there is no BD in the target pattern. If i trigger instruments from an extern  keyboard, i can record all instruments until the BD. Can someone check that? Recording of the BD in the RD-8 works. I think it is an Bug in the RD-8 Sequencer.

read more...
    0 212
    • ClapTrap
      kris_

Do you use the sysex dump function to send the pattern, or do you just play it live and record the notes?

Did you check the note mapping of the BD?

• September 24, 2019
    • ClapTrap
      ClapTrap

I record in realtime with sync with the sequencer. The note mapping is correct. If i use a keyboard i can hear the BD, but it is not recorded. All other instrument are recorded.

• September 24, 2019
  • AdamVolek
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-07

Hello everyone,

about 2 months ago I bought the Behringer XD80USB drumset. For the first 2-3 weeks everything was completly fine and worked perfectly. But the I found out that the 'drumhead' of the snare pad going deeper to the pad and that caused that my sticks dont bounce of it that good, the response got worse and and when I hit it like really soft it makes the sound of a rimshot (I hit it in the middle not on the edge). At first I said to myself: "Well I'm not a jazz player so I don't mind if i can't do some light hits...". Another month passed, I turned on the kit, started playing and the snare drumhead was even more deeper and it was making that rimshot sound wherever I hit it.
    Obviously I'm pretty upset about it, because I have this drumset for like 2 months like I said and really don't know what to do.
    Thank you for any kind of help.
    Have a great one out there folks!

read more...
    0 210
    • AdamVolek
      KenMitchell

Hi Adam ( @AdamVolek ), 

Welcome to the community.  I recommend you open a support ticket here: https://www.behringer.com/brand/behringer/support#googtrans(en|en)

You'll need to create CARE portal account first which can be a little painful but once you do that you can submit and track your ticket.  You should get an auto-reply email once you submit so if you don't double check your spam folder.  It will say that someone will contact you within one business day.  Be patient as that's been more like a week (or more) these days. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• December 7, 2019
    • AdamVolek
      Vercongeterix

Get used to it. Behringer is garbage. I regret my purchase daily.

• February 26, 2020
Go to page