Statistics

249,557 members
126,580 posts
  • New
    jeanLegland
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-05

Yo

I downloaded the latest synth tool for mac, and attempted to update from firmware 1.3.6 to the latest. Opened synth tool, it recognized my directly USB connected RD-8 on my Mini mac..

instructions said to put RD-8 into DFU mode, powered the unit whilst pressing in the pin in the holde next to the USB port. Synth tool lost connection and the Rd-8 never displayed the wait text on it's screen. Now it only flashes the LED on the SIG lamp briefly when I try to power on the RD-8...

I think the RD-8 is broken.. Is there a way to fix this ? I already tried to work something out with Thomann where I ordered the Rd 8, but they said I had to try through this way. I still have waranty on this device, but I don't want to ship and wait for al that kind off hustle..

Hope somebody can hhelp me on this matter..

read more...
    2 81
    • jeanLegland
      jackvane007 Same problem
      • Jan 6
    • jeanLegland
      NicJonesMT Hi Jan Machiels.
      I'm Nic from the UK Support team.
      Could you please click support at the top of the page and open a new Tech support ticket and please provide the following information;

• How do you have the device connected to your computer? We always recommend connecting directly to your computer rather than an external hub, and also recommend removing any non essential USB devices.
      • Have you connected the device to an alternative USB port?
      • Do you have access to an alternative USB cable that the device can be tested with?
      • Do you have access to an alternative computer that the device can be tested with?
      • Are you connected to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports? Please use USB 2.0 ports where possible, there is no advantage to using a USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port and USB 3.0 ports can vary quite a lot, which gives differing levels of performance and stability.
      • Can you please detail any other devices that are being used in conjunction?
      • What is your precise Mac OS (I Need the version number if possible)?
      • Can you please check in the Mac System report for how the device is being recognised?
      • Do you have any other software open at the same time? If so please close it.
      • Do you have a similar device that you can compare the behaviours of?
      • Can you please provide me with a detailed description of how the device is behaving and any other trouble shooting steps that you have undertaken?
      • Is the Issue Intermittent or constant? If it is intermittent is there a specific setting that needs to be used to cause the issue?
      • Jan 6
    • jeanLegland
      mrevolver I'm having the same issue. If the RD-8 loses connection when FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS, then please CHANGE THE DIRECTIONS. This is unacceptable. What is the fix? I now have a dead RD-8. Thanks Behringer!
      • Jan 10
      • Behringer Rd-8 unit no longer starts up after latest firwire update..
        NicJonesMT Hi Mrevolver.
        As above, I will need you to open a technical support ticket with the above information and we can then proceed.
        • ·
        • Jan 11
    • jeanLegland
      heyvirgil me too, and I just got mine back from service
      • Jun 18
  • New
    VirtualDavid
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

My happiness with my new RD-8 has been somewhat tarnished by my inability to perform the (absolutely essential) firmware update..

On downloading the update app a stern warning appears and my Mac refuses to open it..

Does anyone have an idea about how long I'll have to wait to get the machine into a usable state..?

read more...
    0 80
    • VirtualDavid
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi David, could you please provide some extra details on the warning that is popping up? Is it similar to the attached picture?
      • December 2, 2020
    • VirtualDavid
      ChrisEdwards1
      • December 2, 2020
    • VirtualDavid
      VirtualDavid Thanks for your response Chris...
      • December 3, 2020
    • VirtualDavid
      VirtualDavid Yes, the warning pop up looks very similar..
      • December 3, 2020
      • Behringer RD-8 - Big Sur issue -firmware app  issue
        ChrisEdwards1 Thanks for confirming David, I will go ahead and report this to our development team. In the meantime there is a workaround for this, if you go into your MAC's system preferences then to Security & Privacy towards the bottom of the page it should say the App was blocked, you can override this by clicking open anyway.

This will resolve the issue as long as the App is kept on your MAC as soon as it is downloaded again you will find the same error message will appear.
        • December 3, 2020
        VirtualDavid That did the trick..!
        • December 3, 2020
    • VirtualDavid
      VirtualDavid Thanks for your help, Chris..
      • December 3, 2020
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi David, no problem at all. I am glad this resolved it for you.
        • December 3, 2020
        VirtualDavid RD-8 now playing happily with TT78 & Moog Mother 32...!
        • December 3, 2020
        VirtualDavid Is it ok to do an IG post explaining this work round..?
        • December 3, 2020
  • New
    michaelraphael
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-30

Hello. I am trying to connect my RD-6 to Reason. I have a USB Cable to connect to the laptop or Midi Cables via my Presonus 26c Interface not sure which to use. I am a beginner at all this stuff and not very tech savvy as yet. Could anyone help me through the process of getting my Drum Machine to work in Reaon. Thank You.

read more...
    0 78
    • michaelraphael
      PedroRodrigues Hi michaelraphael please consider that if you're doing this via a USB cable then I would expect Reason to pick up the RD-6 as a MIDI device.
      Click edit, then preferences, then go to the control surfaces tab and then under input devices you should see your RD-6 as an option.
      Make sure 'enabled' is ticked meaning that the external MIDI instrument will be able to see it when it's plugged in.

If you're using a standard MIDI cable then pick the Presonus as the MIDI device.

Choose the RD-6/Presonus in the External MIDI instrument (you'll find it in the instruments list in the browser) and if there is MIDI in the sequencer or if you have a sequencing device plugged into the note/gate ports in the back of the external MIDI instrument you should have everything working. I hope the image below also helps
      • Feb 12
  • New
    NealS_Munson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-03-22

RD-8 has been off with power unplugged for a couple of weeks and now, when I turned it back on, I have no audio coming out of my desktop via usb. I can select an instrument and tap the "TRIGGER" button and hear an output into the headphones, but still cannot hear anything through the computer.

I've rebooted my computer and done a factory reset on the RD-8.... Still nothing.....

I tried the bass drum out to my interface as well as the Mono out and nothing.....

I do get a notification sound from my computer when I disconect the USB cable and also when I turn the RD-8 on and off.

Other than that I get nothing?????

Please help!

Neal

read more...
    0 77
    • NealS_Munson
      JoeRivers96 Hi Neal, Are you using the original power supply? Sometimes this affects the audio output if a third party power supply is used. Please also try a factory reset:

Press the Settings button.
      Hold Tap/Hold and press step key 16. The display will read Wait.
      When the display reads Done, power cycle the RD-8 to complete the procedure.
      • Mar 22
    • NealS_Munson
      graesserph Not exactly sure what you mean with "I have no audio coming out of my desktop via usb". Please take note that the RD-8 does not at all pass any audio through USB. You can send and receive MIDI through USB, but not audio, as the RD-8 is no audio interface...that's what its specification says.
      The the RD-8 has only analog audio outputs, the main mono out jack, the individual mono out jacks, and the headphone out jack. This is it. As far as my understanding goes, the RD-8 will never pass audio through USB.
      • Mar 24
  • CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-21

Hello,

Could I send midi PC messages to RD-8 in order to select Songs, or Patterns  and the start  them ?
    Is there some better midi map the simply the Sysex list in documentation ?

Best

0 75
  • graesserph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-15

Hopefully someone of Behringer reads this...

First of all, thank you for this incredible piece of hardware. I just love it!

There's one thing I'd suggest for some future firmware update:

If you start with a 16 steps pattern and program a basic beat, and then increase the length to 32 or 64 steps, the extended steps are all empty. So in other words, you have a beat on steps 1-16, but all extended steps from step 17 onwards are entirely empty.

This is 1) quite tedious, as you have to copy the entire sequence manually step by step to the extended bars, and 2) makes no sense from any musical point of view. If you enlarge a pattern, then in 99% of all cases you want the existing sequence be "unrolled" to the additional steps.

Can you please consider the following:

Whenever the pattern length gets increased by the user, let the user decide if the already created bars should be copied or not. E.g. setting the pattern length with a short tap to the step button = do not copy, just set the length, but setting the pattern length with a long press to the step button = copy the the previous 16 (or less) steps in a musically logical way (if possible). 

However, if this feature exists already in some way and I've just missed it, I'd be thankful for a hint where to find it.

read more...
    1 75
    • graesserph
      NicJonesMT Hi Graesserph,
      Sorry again for the delay!
      With regard to your suggestion, In theory I think this makes sense, where if you extend your pattern it should give you the option to copy a set amount of beats to the extended section.
      I will pass your comments along to our dev team and see if it is something that can be incorporated in the future.

All the best!
      • August 18, 2020
      • RD-8 : Copying Bars when increasing pattern length
        graesserph Thanks a lot, Nic . Hopefully it will be incorporated in some future release.
        • ·
        • August 18, 2020
  • New
    TK0471
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-18

My RD-8, sometimes when pattern play is stopped, it never plays again without power off/power on of the unit.  I will even go to 'steps', and it shows no steps lit for different drum sounds.  They come back after reboot.

Anyone else come across this issue?  I have the 'latest' update that I am aware is available as of 2021-03-17.  Thanks.

read more...
    0 74
    • TK0471
      PedroRodrigues Hi TK0471 can you please confirm that you have follow the process below to create a Step Mode and to save pattern : Select a SONG. 2. Press PATTERN. 3. Select desired pattern number via step keys 1-16. 4. Press STEP. 5. Select desired tempo with Data control. 6. Press RECORD. 7. Select the VOICE you wish to use. 8. Steps can be programmed either with the unit playing (press PLAY) or in the stopped position. The moving white LED is the play head which shows the current play position. The TRIGGER pad can also be used to play and record the currently-selected voice. 9. Select different voices to add into the current pattern. 10. Press stop and record to exit record step mode. How to save a pattern: 1. Once you have created your masterpiece of a pattern press PATTERN. 2. Press SAVE. 3. Press PATTERN again. 4. Select the Step number of the Pattern you wish to save, current pattern will be displayed in white after which SAVE will flash. 5. Press the flashing SAVE button to execute the operation.
      • Mar 24
  • New
    sam08
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-07

Hello.

My RD-8 returned from service last November with an updated firmware (I don't know the version currently installed as the key combo described in the manual won't work) which I assume comes with the option to trigger a voice every time the corresponding voice button is pressed.

How can I disable it?

TIA

read more...
    0 73
    • sam08
      PedroRodrigues Hi sam08, please consider that to check the firmware version installed on your unit please follow the process below.
      Generally, you may need to perform a firmware update if you’re running into issues and need to reload the device’s software.
      Please consider that the latest firmware update for this unit Version 2.0.6 released on the 01 Dec 2020 offers the following new features and improvement.

New features

1. In STEP mode, hold TAP/HOLD then press RECORD to set pattern auto save on or off.
      2. Pattern length menu displayed in SONG and PATTERN mode.
      3. Push LENGTH, then hold TAP/HOLD and push >> (right double arrow beside LENGTH) to immediately duplicate the contents of the current length, this is very useful when you are working with for example a 3/4 pattern with 12 steps.
      4. When STEP RECORD is enabled, the display shows “auto” or “manu” for 1 second to indicate the save mode. 5. Recall stored pattern by holding TAP/HOLD + STEP button of the pattern you wish to restore. This only works when you are in Pattern mode and set to manu (manual) save mode.
      Improvements

1. Improved sweep erase function.
      2. Improved note repeat to the MIDI out.
      3. Fixed the behaviour of auto fill. Now replaces the end of the pattern with the amount of steps programmed in the auto fill pattern if less than the current pattern playing.

To check which firmware version, you’re currently on and compare it to the latest listed on the RD-8 download page.
      Follow these steps to check the firmware version:
      1. Press the Settings button and then press and hold the TAP/HOLD button.
      2. While holding the TAP/HOLD button, press the PREFS (5) step key. The firmware version will scroll across the screen.
      To install Bootloader Driver Please consider that this will only be possible to implement on Windows.
      While the RD-8 is class-compliant on Windows, a unique Bootloader driver first needs to be installed for the device to be recognized by the firmware updater while in Boot mode.
      You will need to install a driver tool that allows the RD-8 to be recognized by your PC while in Boot mode. This procedure is only necessary the first time you perform a firmware update on Windows.
      Follow these steps to install the Bootloader driver. Mac users can skip this section and go straight to Perform a firmware update.
      An important point to consider is that you need to make sure that the RD-8 is in Boot mode before installing the Bootloader drive.
      If it’s powered on normally, the STM32 Bootloader will not appear in the device list.

https://zadig.akeo.ie/

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DG5#googtrans(en%7Cen)

After this stage of the process is concluded we can now move to the Firmware update process

Please follow all the steps and your unit will updated in no time.

Thank you
      • Jan 28
  • robsteijger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Hi Behringer,

I’m very pleased with my RD-6-LM but would like to suggest an improvement:

When selecting Pattern Write and clicking one of the 16 Step-buttons, it switches to the corresponding pattern when the beat isn’t playing. Wouldn’t it have been more logical if you could layout a beat using the Step-buttons, thus withóút pressing Play? This way you can program the beat based on the one playing in your head (presuming I’m not the only one hearing beats in my head; I prefer it wáy better than the voices I heard before). Selecting patterns should than only be possible within Pattern Pláy mode, not within Pattern Write.

Also, it would be nice if – within Pattern Write mode and when the beat isn’t playing – the Tab button would trigger the selected instrument, so you could tab an instrument before programming it.

Would this be an option via a firmware update or the Behringer software?

Thanks!

Rob, from the Netherlands

PS The BD combines awesomely well with the CH when distortion is on.

read more...
    0 72
    • robsteijger
      JasonB81 Hello - thank you for these great suggestions. I will connect with my synth team and pass these along. Also great to hear you are enjoying the RD-6. Thanks again.
      • September 16, 2020
  • drums_
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-10

hi, 

i dont know how to open and close the hihat pedal. ive tried looking in the manual but theres nothing there. i dont know if this is an option or not. thanks 

0 71
    • drums_
      JustusdB

I had a similar problem but not exactly the same. The hi-hat pedal was slow, that is it wasn't open in time. So I removed the front containing the switch and glued a 4 mm piece of felt on top of the rubber and adjusted the pedal with the square nut. It helped. It is possible to glue the piece of felt without removing the front.

• Jul 9
Go to page