Statistics

223,661 members
97,878 posts
  • New
    elekkk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-04

Hello, i use Mac Osx High Sierra with SYNTHTRIBE V 2.4.3.....i had already updated my RD-8 months ago to 2.0.2 without problems! Today I tried to update to 2.0.6 and it doesn't let me do it .... after about 5/6% it stops and doesn't update, an error message appears! The tragedy is that now my RD-8 when I turn it on DOES NOT WORK, the 16 STEP lights remain on but everything else is stopped, it seems blocked! HELP!

read more...
    4 281
    • elekkk
      Marland Me too - I’ve tried with iPad, MacBook and pc - rd-8 is not working.
      • December 4, 2020
    • elekkk
      cbellevie23 Same issue :(
      • December 4, 2020
    • elekkk
      ronniefingerz Same for me too.
      • December 5, 2020
    • elekkk
      cristian-79 same problem, I'm really sad, and I hope it can be fixed quickly
      • December 5, 2020
      • Behringer RD-8 firmware update Version 2.0.6 problem ! does not let me update, it is blocked !
        cristian-79 I have tried both with windows 10 and with windows 7 but nothing and an ornament now.
        everything is due that at the time of the update as soon as I pressed update it did not give me time to put the machine in DFU mode and the update started so it crashed almost immediately and now it tells me that it cannot update because the zadig driver is not corrected or things like that stopping at 3%
        • ·
        • December 5, 2020
    • elekkk
      an986L Same thing here on windows 10 home. I tried 3 different machines also and now RD-8 is a brick or doorstop you name it.
      • December 5, 2020
  • New
    Drummer1973
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-21

My RD 6 is stuck in DFU mode after update, please help 

0 164
    • Drummer1973
      PedroRodrigues Hi John Langford, in this case I would suggest performing a Firmware update on your unit that will help you on this matter.
      While the RD-8 is class-compliant on Windows, a unique Bootloader driver first needs to be installed for the device to be recognized by the firmware updater while in Boot mode. You will need to install a driver tool that allows the RD-8 to be recognized by your PC while in Boot mode. This procedure is only necessary the first time you perform a firmware update on Windows. Follow these steps to install the Bootloader driver. Mac users can skip this section and go straight to Perform a firmware update.
      Make sure that the RD-8 is in Boot mode before installing the Bootloader drive. If it’s powered on normally, the STM32 Bootloader will not appear in the device list.
      With the RD-8 turned off, connect it to your computer.
      Go to the Zadig driver installer page, and download the latest version.
      Press and hold the recessed Boot button located next to the USB port on the RD-8 using a paper clip (or something of a similar size) and power the unit on.
      The RD-8 does not light up while in Boot mode.
      Launch the Zadig software, click Options, and select List All Devices.
      In the dropdown box, select STM32 BOOTLOADER and click Replace Driver. The driver installation process may take a minute or two, so make sure not to disconnect the device or power it off.
      Once you’ve confirmed that your RD-8 requires updating, you can begin the update process. You’ll need to connect your device to the computer, download the firmware file on the RD-8 download page, and then perform the update.
      Disconnect all MIDI cables before performing a firmware update. Having MIDI cables connected, specifically to the MIDI IN port, may cause the update to fail.
      Go to the RD-8 download page and download the Firmware Updater for your OS.
      With it powered OFF, connect the RD-8 to your computer and then launch the updater.
      Press and hold the recessed Boot button located next to the USB port on the RD-8 using a paper clip (or something of a similar size) and power the unit on.
      The RD-8 does not light up while in Boot mode.
      Click the Update button within the Firmware Updater software.
      Once the update is complete, power cycle the unit.
      • November 24, 2020
      • My Behringer RD 6 is stuck in DFU mode, please help
        Drummer1973 Hi there, thanks for the reply but I have an Behringer RD 6 not an RD 8, anyway I tried the above and it does not work.. my RD 6 is stuck with the red lights on and cannons be found by the synth tribe it just says loading when looking for the firmware
        • ·
        • November 24, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi John you are absolutely correct I'm sorry for my mistake, have you tried to perform a Firmware update via Behringer SYNTHTRIBE for Windows V2.4.3, please follow the link below to download this version and please update your unit to the latest firmware available. https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0EE0. Thank you
        • November 25, 2020
        Drummer1973 Hi Pedro, it was the Behringer SYNTHTRIBE for Windows V2.4.3, that has caused the RD 6 to be stuck in DFU mode, all the red lights on and the yellow, Green, red light flashing... is there a way to reset the unit and try the update again.. I feel like the unit is broken... so sad
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi John in that case please follow the link below to submit a assistance request for your unit https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
        • November 25, 2020
  • heyvirgil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-28

So... I downloaded the latest synth tool for mac, and attempted to update from firmware 1.3.5 to the latest 2.0.2. Opened synth tool, it recognized my directly USB connected RD-8 on my mac pro 5,1 (OS 10.13.4)- firmware update page opened, instructions said to put RD-8 into DFU mode, so I power cycled the unit whilst pressing in the pin in the holde next to the USB port. the synth tool lost connection and the unit never displayed the wait text on it's screen. Now it only flashs the sugnal LED briefly when power ycled. The thing is bricked. Is there anything to do to recover this thing?

read more...
    0 99
    • heyvirgil
      PedroRodrigues Hi Virgil, thank you for your contact, with that issue description we will need to look in to that in more detail, please follow the link below to submit a assistance ticket for your unit so we can help you with more tools https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • November 6, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      Rybeats I had the exact same thing happen to me last night. Followed the process and the new update seemed to have bricked my RD-8. Is there any help for this?
      • November 16, 2020
      • RD-8 firmware update bricked my RD-8 help
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan, We have detected an issue on the synth tool that is causing that issue,we worked non stop to resolve that issue and we have release a new synth tool that will resolve this matter. Thank you
        • December 8, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      djegozanini I had the exact same thing ?
      • December 7, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Diego, We have detected an issue on the synth tool that is causing this issue we worked non stop to resolve that issue and we have release a new synth tool that will resolve this matter. Thank you
        • December 8, 2020
        djegozanini I'll be waiting, thanks!
        • December 8, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      Rybeats Hi Pedro, I sent my RD-8 back last month and a ticket was created. There's been no status change in 3 weeks and I don't know who to contact about it. I can't seem to find any kind of support. Can you please help me find someone to contact about my RD-8. Thank you
      • December 16, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan Can you please send the case number for this matter so I can help?
        • December 16, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan, please confirm on your inbox as my colleague managed this matter on the 19/11/2020 at 21:32 and has send you all the information required including the RMA number and to where you should return the unit and he did not received any reply on this matter.
        • ·
        • December 17, 2020
        Rybeats Hi Pedro, I did get the email with all the RMA details and I shipped it accordingly to the proper address filled out with the RMA#. I saw the ticket was updated and figured I'd get a response back eventually. I will contact the customer quality service. Thank you.
        • December 18, 2020
  • New
    Davethejedi
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-15

Hi All,

I have tried (+6 hours) all the steps to update the RD-8 firmware with no luck. I've tried to factory reset and remain on V 1.3.5. I followed the instruction given to replace/reinstall the driver with Zadig. I have reinstalled 1.3.5 and still my PC does not recognise the unit in the Synthtribe app. It is recognised on my Ipad but instructs me to update via a PC/Mac first. Please can someone help?

Many thanks

Dave

read more...
    0 68
    • Davethejedi
      graesserph 1. Try a different USB port on your PC
      2. If 1. didn't work, try another PC

Also, I noticed that often you won't get a connection, when you connect the RD-8 to an USB Port or power it on while already connected, and the SynthTribe app was started already.
      What always works in my case is to 1) connect the RD-8 and 2) then start the SynthTribe app.
      • November 18, 2020
  • peabody
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-13
    Is it at all possible to copy a pattern from one song into the pattern of another song? i.e. copy pattern 1 from song 3 to pattern 8 of song 2.
    0 65
    • peabody
      NicJonesMT Hi Peabody. This is covered on Page 10 of the User Manual

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0DG5/RHYTHM%20DESIGNER%20RD-8_M_EN.pdf
      • July 15, 2020
    • peabody
      rauscharm Hi everybody,
      The lines below (they are the originals
      from the manual) are to copy a pattern
      from Song B, Pattern X
      to Song C, Pattern Y
      as I understand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      1. Press COPY.
      2. Next select the source song with the pattern you wish to copy.
      3. Then press PATTERN.
      4. Next select the pattern you wish to copy from the source song via the
      step keys.
      5. Press COPY.
      6. Select destination pattern to copy to via step keys, this copies the source into
      this pattern in the current song.
      7. Press COPY to execute the operation.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I can't get it to work.
      I can copy a pattern within the same song,
      copying to another song doesn't work for me.

Did anybody and it worked? Please let me know.
      • August 22, 2020
      • RD-8 pattern copying
        NicJonesMT Hi there.
        Sorry for the delay in contacting you.
        I misread PeaBody's original post.
        It is not possible to copy patterns between songs. You can just copy them to an alternative slot in the same song.

I have submitted this as a feature request.
        • August 25, 2020
      • RD-8 pattern copying
        graesserph You can do it with a trick.
        1. Select the Source Song
        2. Press PLAY in Song Operation
        3. Select the Destination Song while the sequencer is running (dest song just blinks, but doesn's switch).
        4. Press COPY.
        5. Then press PATTERN.
        6. Next select the pattern you wish to copy from the source song via the
        step keys.
        7. Press COPY.
        8. Press STOP - This results in the song being switched to the pre-selected (blinking) one from step 3.
        9. Select destination pattern to copy to via step keys, this copies the source into
        this pattern in the "current" (which is now the destination) song.
        10. Press COPY to execute the operation.

Or dump the pattern as sysex, then edit the sysex file and change the song number, and finally import the sysex again.
        • ·
        • August 25, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-01-05
    0 60
  • New
    jcdirckx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-01

Dear Behringer Team,

I have found a bug relating to pattern chaining and pattern groups. I show it in my video review of the RD-6 in the "Bugs" section: 

https://youtu.be/mh1oDk6UN_w

The bug always happens after the RD-6 has booted, but after that it sometimes works as it should. Haven't quite figured out when. It has since also happened with single patterns (not only pattern chains), so maybe it is just related to pattern groups, not chains in particular.

Thanks for listening!

read more...
    0 55
  • sam08
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-08
    Hello, I received my unit a few weeks ago and been playing with it ever since, after updating the firmware to 1.3.5. I've noticed a rather loudish, high-pitched click on the attack of the "first" five voices – kick, snare and the three toms, that is. It shows up consistently when the voice is triggered, either via the sequencer and via manual trigger. I've uploaded some audio samples where the clicks can be clearly heard here: https://soundcloud.com/aetherotopies/sets/rd8-samples (recorded from the pgm mono out, filter and wave designer bypassed – even though there's the same issue on the phones output) Another odd behaviour occurs on the hand clap. Every once in a while it's as if the offset didn't affect the sound at all, i.e. if the offset knob were turned CW completely. Sometimes it's just not there, some others it seems to fire with some lag. I tried comparing to other users' RDs and mine seems to behave differently. I was wondering if it might be defective? Thanks.
    read more...
    1 45
  • New
    jeanLegland
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-05

Yo

I downloaded the latest synth tool for mac, and attempted to update from firmware 1.3.6 to the latest. Opened synth tool, it recognized my directly USB connected RD-8 on my Mini mac..

instructions said to put RD-8 into DFU mode, powered the unit whilst pressing in the pin in the holde next to the USB port. Synth tool lost connection and the Rd-8 never displayed the wait text on it's screen. Now it only flashes the LED on the SIG lamp briefly when I try to power on the RD-8...

I think the RD-8 is broken.. Is there a way to fix this ? I already tried to work something out with Thomann where I ordered the Rd 8, but they said I had to try through this way. I still have waranty on this device, but I don't want to ship and wait for al that kind off hustle..

Hope somebody can hhelp me on this matter..

read more...
    2 45
    • jeanLegland
      jackvane007 Same problem
      • Jan 6
    • jeanLegland
      NicJonesMT Hi Jan Machiels.
      I'm Nic from the UK Support team.
      Could you please click support at the top of the page and open a new Tech support ticket and please provide the following information;

• How do you have the device connected to your computer? We always recommend connecting directly to your computer rather than an external hub, and also recommend removing any non essential USB devices.
      • Have you connected the device to an alternative USB port?
      • Do you have access to an alternative USB cable that the device can be tested with?
      • Do you have access to an alternative computer that the device can be tested with?
      • Are you connected to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports? Please use USB 2.0 ports where possible, there is no advantage to using a USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port and USB 3.0 ports can vary quite a lot, which gives differing levels of performance and stability.
      • Can you please detail any other devices that are being used in conjunction?
      • What is your precise Mac OS (I Need the version number if possible)?
      • Can you please check in the Mac System report for how the device is being recognised?
      • Do you have any other software open at the same time? If so please close it.
      • Do you have a similar device that you can compare the behaviours of?
      • Can you please provide me with a detailed description of how the device is behaving and any other trouble shooting steps that you have undertaken?
      • Is the Issue Intermittent or constant? If it is intermittent is there a specific setting that needs to be used to cause the issue?
      • Jan 6
    • jeanLegland
      mrevolver I'm having the same issue. If the RD-8 loses connection when FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS, then please CHANGE THE DIRECTIONS. This is unacceptable. What is the fix? I now have a dead RD-8. Thanks Behringer!
      • Jan 10
      • Behringer Rd-8 unit no longer starts up after latest firwire update..
        NicJonesMT Hi Mrevolver.
        As above, I will need you to open a technical support ticket with the above information and we can then proceed.
        • ·
        • Jan 11
  • New
    michaelraphael
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

I am trying to download SYNTHTRIBE but keep getting this message. Any solutions?

0 43
    • michaelraphael
      DavidKnighton Hello Michael,
      The error you're encountering is a security permission with Mac OS. Go to SYSTEM PREFERENCES>SECURITY and find the option to 'allow app to make changes'.
      • Jan 25
      • SYNTHTRIBE V2.4.6 2” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
        michaelraphael Im still having issues. Only those two options in system preferences. I am trying to use the machine with Reason 8. Do I have to have Synthtribe downloaded to enable this.
        • Jan 27
    • michaelraphael
      michaelraphael
      • Jan 27
      • SYNTHTRIBE V2.4.6 2” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
        DavidKnighton Hello Michael,
        Check out this help guide from Apple. You're on the right track. I think you just need security unlocked, then try to run the app again and it'll ask you if you want to open it. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491
        • Jan 27
Go to page