Statistics

223,676 members
97,891 posts
  • toddof1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-04

Just bought a Poly D and have a few questions, If anyone could help out that would be hugely appreciated!

1)

How do I use the velocity + after pressure? Can you assign these to parameters on the Poly D (ie cut off or contour amount?) or are they just outputs for triggering other synths?

2)

I was hoping to output my soft synths through the Poly D (or model D) so that I could use the Poly D’s ADSR filter. How do I plug this up? I would like the ADSR filter to be triggered by note on and off’s rather than volume so that the ADSR functions just as it would as if I was using the POLY D oscillators, except I would be using my software synth as the sound source.

3)

Is there a way to use a sustain pedal with the Poly D?

Cheers,

Todd

read more...
    0 114
    • toddof1
      JoeRivers96 Hi Todd - i saw your email this morning and have sent you a reply regarding this. Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
      • September 4, 2020
    • toddof1
      JoeRivers96 For ref:

1) You can connect the Aftertouch and velocity outputs to the EXT CONTROL INPUTS labelled on the right hand side of the back panel. The maximum voltage from these outputs is 5v. So for example, you can connect to FILTER and control your VCF with the aftertouch. These messages are also sent over MIDI.

2) The best way to do this would be to route the soft synth audio through an audio interface and connect the audio output to the EXT AUDIO INPUT on the Poly D (This can also be done on the Model D). Every time a note is triggered, the audio will play and will be affected by your VCF and envelope parameters.

3) Unfortunately there is no sustain pedal input on the Poly D. You may be able to sustain notes using and external MIDI keyboard with a sustain input.
      • September 4, 2020
    • toddof1
      RonaldFigura One thing to remember about a sustain pedal on a synthesizer. It is exactly that. it will hold The envelope generator at its sustain portion. It will not act like a piano damper pedal which allows for the release and eventual decay of the sound.
      • September 16, 2020
    • toddof1
      RonaldFigura And one other technical point. The model D, poly D, MiniMoog, etc do not have ADSR's. They have contour generators which include the ADS portion but no specific unique Release segments.
      • September 16, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-11-03

Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer with 3 VCOs and Multi-Mode VCF in 8U Rack-Mount Format

Video Links:
    read more...
    3 107
    • Behringer
      maille hello ,i dont know if its does exist already or not , its possible in the near futur that Behringer can help us with making a kind of interactive picture of this wonderfull 2600 or MS1 , odyssey , you know like we have a nice front picture of the synth and that we could move all the knob at a certain position then we can print it as it is so we keep a trace of our parameter ? (sorry i'm french and my english is not good !)
      • November 12, 2020
  • LuisCarloz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-22
    Playing notes on my MS-1 sometimes triggers the accent (normally available with the sequencer). This happens when I play with moderate to high velocity, but not when I play soft notes. The result is a short filter freq push, as if it was modulated by a short envelope. Env-Amount in Filter is turned down. Accent button isn't pressed or permanently turned on. Is there a way to turn this off or is it a bug? / Ludvig
    read more...
    0 104
    • LuisCarloz
      JoeRivers96 Hi Ludvig, thank you for reaching out to us. Is this occurring when using the internal keyboard as well as when triggering via MIDI/USB? Have you tried adjusting the velocity curve via the SynthTool? If possible, a video would be useful to display the issue - would you mind sending this via a support ticket? This can be submitted by pressing SUPPORT at the top of this page.
      • June 23, 2020
      • MS-1 accent when playing with high velocity
        LuisCarloz Thanks - there was a setting in SynthTool called Accent Velocity Threshold - setting this to 127 removed this issue. This all makes sense, I just haven't seen any mention of keyboard velocity being able to trigger Accent anywhere.
        • ·
        • June 23, 2020
  • New
    rddestyr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-30

My behringer Crave stopped being able to save sequences. It is about 1 month old and was saving fine, but now it won't. 
    I can record something and attempt to save, but then if I switch to another pattern and back or turn it off, it's gone!

I use it primarily as usb to DAW on a Mac.

it is updated to latest firmware  

Any ideas? 

read more...
    1 104
    • rddestyr
      RonaldFigura Same firmware as before? Any thing different in the DAW. Try running it disconnected from the DAW and see if it will save after that. Be sure to power cycle the Behringer 1st.
      • October 30, 2020
    • rddestyr
      rddestyr Same firmware. No luck even when it’s running solo without the daw
      • October 30, 2020
  • TobiasOpskeer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-26

Hi, 

I've recently found out that on my deepmind 12 the square wave osc of voice nr 3 is seemingly not working correctly. The volume output of this particular voice is way lower than all others. When using only the sine wave there seems to be no volume difference though. I've re-calibrated the unit and checked on a default patch if the issue was gone, but unfortunately it's still present. I have no clue on what to do now. I hope you guys can help!

Greetings,

Tobias

read more...
    0 102
    • TobiasOpskeer
      DaveMorrison Is it oscillator 1 or 2's square wave (on voice 3) that is abnormal? If osc 1, are the other waveforms fine? If osc 2, does sweeping the pulse width modulation ever make this voice similar to the others? Since these are all discrete chips, I would recommend opening a support ticket (use the menu at the top of this page).
      • August 26, 2020
      • Deepmind 12 one of the voices square wave not working
        TobiasOpskeer Thx for the quick response. It's Only the square wave of osc 1 (on voice 3). Osc 1 sine and osc 2 are working fine. When I do the oscillator check in the calibration menu I also get a fail for the 3rd voice (see added picture).
        • August 26, 2020
    • TobiasOpskeer
      DaveMorrison Ow. That's looks like a job for Behringer Support.
      • August 26, 2020
    • TobiasOpskeer
      NicJonesMT Hi Tobias.
      If possible could you please confirm the following;

Firmware version you are using?
      Have you tried a factory reset and does it still occur?
      Has this only recently developed or has this always occurred?
      Can you provide more information your setup (Connected devices, Power outlets{Using a strip with other devices for example} ETC)
      Can you confirm how you have the physical parameters are set on the Deepmind when this issue first occurred?
      • August 27, 2020
        TobiasOpskeer Thank you Nic!
        • September 14, 2020
        Ashee Hi Tobias. Just wondering if you ever found a solution for this? I have the exact same problem, but on voice number 10. Thank you.
        • November 9, 2020
  • DaveMorrison
    Rock Star - Level 2
    2020-09-19

I see Oberheim in the brands now. The link goes nowhere now and I can't choose Oberheim as a category yet (so it's going to Behringer). When do we see the products? OB-Xa? When do they send me one to demo (one can alway hope)?

1 93
    • DaveMorrison
      PedroRodrigues Hi Dave, thank you for your contact, please be aware that at this moment we cannot provide any update on this matter. Any updates will be stated on our social media. Thank you
      • October 2, 2020
  • DarekDumon
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-04

From Sound on Sound re: original CAT,

"the most significant enhancement on the new model was what Octave called "2-note memory". This grandiose name referred to a new keyboard scanning circuit that memorised the highest and lowest notes depressed. This meant that, in poly mode, the CAT remembered the most recent interval, and didn't allow the 'other' oscillator to jump to the single remaining note if you released one of the keys."

I beleive my CAT fuctioned like this upon receiving it, however since upgrading firmware, the note priority has been changed to last note. PLEASE PLEASE update SynthTool to allow us to maintain the original functionality.

read more...
    0 92
    • DarekDumon
      Nigel67 Hi Darek. Please upgrade your firmware to version 1.0.1. This contains the feature you are describing. When the fader is in the poly mode position, the two vco's will respond to the highest and lowest tones from the keyboard. When the fader is in the mono mode position, then only one cv is working (this cv controls to vcos at the same time), so the keyboard can only respond to lower note priority.
      • October 6, 2020
  • beatnik420
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-22
    After last firmware update (1.1.7 from Synth Tool 2.3.8), D#-E & B-C keys do not work properly anymore. D# and E sound the same, and similar thing happens to B and C. Now I can't find that update in the download area, so, I assume everything went wrong with that Glide update for the MS-1, since it does not have a three position button for GLIDE… right!? So, I guess I need to revert that last update… is there a way to do it without selling my soul to devil? Thanks in advance!
    read more...
    0 89
    • beatnik420
      beatnik420
      • June 21, 2020
    • beatnik420
      beatnik420
      • June 21, 2020
    • beatnik420
      beatnik420 ...
      • June 21, 2020
      • MS-1 keys not working properly after last firmware update!
        NicJonesMT Hi BeatNik420.
        If possible could you please open a technical support/service request ticket (Press support at the top and fill in the form), so that we can gather some more information and arrange an inspection if required.

Thank you!
        • June 24, 2020
  • hackingerror404
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-16
    Hello, I have tried multiple times to try and submit a Care Ticket describing a defect I have with my newly purchased Deepmind 12 synthesizer, but each time, the request failed and the website claimed that my Customer Tribe section "This field is required" needed to be completed, despite the fact that I had already put the Musician tribe in that slot. I tried even adding all possible Tribes, and this wouldn't go away and let me submit the ticket, so here we are. My Deepmind 12 was used, but refurbished by Music Tribe. Whenever I plug in my headphones to the synth, sound only comes out of my left ear. The right ear is completely silent, but the left ear plays in mono. This exact same problem occurred with a previous refurbished Deepmind I recently bought before returning. What is the problem here? I've tried looking everywhere, but no one else seems to have this issue. I thought it might have been a setting I missed, but I couldn't find anything in the menus. The only real thing I can come up with is the image I provided: the adapter I use for the headphone jack so I can utilize traditional 3.5mm headphones instead of the larger size built into the synth. I thought this was the problem, but this same adapter works flawlessly with my Yamaha MOXF8 workstation, so I don't think this is it. Can anybody help me with this?
    read more...
    0 81
    • hackingerror404
      DaveMorrison Have you tried different headphones or adapters? Sometimes these things can be manufactured with slightly different tolerances and will work in one device and fail on another. Pull the jack out slightly as you play and see if the connection gets better.
      • June 16, 2020
    • hackingerror404
      AlexLane Hi hackingerror404, I have reported this issue to the web guys and they are looking into it now. Apologies for the inconvenience, I will see if one of the care team can help you here.

Certainly worth trying another headphone / adaptor in the mean time to rule that out as Dave mentioned.
      • June 16, 2020
      • Care Ticket Won't Submit; Deepmind 12 Headphones Output Only in Left Ear
        AlexLane May actually be worth trying different headphones with the same adaptor too, problem could potentially be inside the adaptor (connection between mini jack and 1/4 inch jack)
        • June 16, 2020
    • hackingerror404
      RonaldFigura Are your headphones TRS. If they are designed for a phone they could be TRRS which might cause an issue.
      • October 10, 2020
  • spaceraider
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Hi everyone.
    I'm sorry for that silly question.
    I kind of consulted every source I can think of but I don't find an answer to the question how to delete the patterns or banks.
    Can anyone help me on this?

Thank you very much!

0 77
    • spaceraider
      PedroRodrigues Hi Florian, please the images that will provide you all the information regarding how to manage Patterns. I hope this helps
      • October 28, 2020
    • spaceraider
      spaceraider Thank you very much! But I must admit, I was hoping for a way to erase all data. it may as well remain a dream :D
      • October 29, 2020
Go to page