Statistics

223,682 members
97,899 posts
  • JeffPorrello
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-20
    I have a brand new Odyssey Synth. I'm not new to synthesizers. All notes get stuck on. I cannot find a way to rectify this. I would like to find a solution before exchanging it for a new one. Any ideas? I found an old post during a web search with someone having the same issue along with a solution. Of course when you click on the link it takes you to an old Behringer support page and says "Page Not Found"! Gee, Thanks!! Also, what's up with only QSGs (Quick Start Guides). Why aren't they're any advanced User Guides??? (Same with the MS-1 Synth!!). C'mon Behringer, help us out here!!
    read more...
    0 73
    • JeffPorrello
      JoeRivers96 Hi Jeff - thanks for reaching out! When you say the notes are stuck on, does the pitch change is you trigger different notes, yet the sound is constant? Does it seem that your ADSR envelope is ineffective? If so, it may me your VCA GAIN fader. I'd recommend setting this fairly low, as having this up increases the gain on your unit and causes a 'hold' like behaviour. Let me know if this is not the cause.
      • June 22, 2020
    • JeffPorrello
      JeffPorrello Hi Joe, thanks for trying to help. Yes, pitch changes when a new note is pressed. The ONLY sliders open are VCO 1 (1/2 way), VCF Freq (1/2 way), and VCA Gain (1/2 way). All notes stick regardless of where you position these basic sliders. The synth (as set above) is in its most basic form whatsoever for making any kind of sound, so this should NOT be happening. I don't know enough about MIDI to send an all notes off message or Sysex messages, but do know something’s up here.
      • June 22, 2020
    • JeffPorrello
      JeffPorrello Hi Joe, I can send a video if you like.
      • June 22, 2020
    • JeffPorrello
      JoeRivers96 Hi Jeff, thanks for this. If possible please record a short video displaying the issue and submit a support case using the SUPPORT option so that we can look into this further for you.
      • June 23, 2020
    • JeffPorrello
      JeffPorrello Hi Joe! Pilot Error!! I did not realize there were two VCA sliders. I was using the one named "VCA GAIN" which was keeping any notes played continuing to play. The one immediately below it was the one I should have been using ( VOLTAGE CONTROLLED AMPLIFIER) all along, so my fault!!!
      • June 26, 2020
  • Xiuxiu03
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-03
    Hi. I’m a poly d owner since last week. I wanted to update the firmware but it doesn’t work. A window pops up and says “ update faild, try again“ another window pops up either and says the Poly-D is DFU mode please update firmware. Nothing works no keys no knobs no sound.. the Power light blinks green and red . I have to take it from the usb first and turn it off and on and the. It works again. So why is that. Why is a firmware update via synthtool app Not possible. Can anyone help?!
    read more...
    0 67
    • Xiuxiu03
      punkinjunction Is it working ok? I believe this is the experience you will have if your unit already has the latest firmware. I recently purchased my poly-D which appears to have the latest firmware, however, I get the same error when I attempt to update it.
      • August 4, 2020
  • TheMoroney
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-04
    Hay, I have seen mention on the web that there is an android app for the deep mind 12, just can't find it yet. I'm on the brink of buying an iPad Pro just to use with the deep mind 12 but prefer android. does anyone know if or where I can find the android app?
    read more...
    0 66
  • rusche
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-13

Hello peeps.

First time on here. Couldn't find an easy way to contact or the topic in search bar so starting it here.

Wanted to update my Model D. Firmware update seems to only be windows and the synth tool app will not install on my Mac. Included is a screenshot. Mac is new and up to date. Anything I am doing wrong or is it Uli's fault?

read more...
    0 66
    • rusche
      DaveMorrison It's just Apple's basic security. "Control-click" on the app from the finder and "Open" it. A dialog will pop up for you to "Open" it. This is only needed one time.
      • September 13, 2020
  • New
    LoneAlder
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-04

I'm curious to know if I'm the only one experiencing this problem, or it's a faulty batch.

When powering up the unit, the LED that's immediately above the Power switch doesn't always turn on. I need to switch it off and on a few times before it reacts and turns on.

The problem is when this happens the synth does neither react to MIDI from its input, nor it gets recognised by the computer as a USB device (and the DAW doens't see it).

The Envelope manual trigger does work though.

It looks like it needs to warm up before it works, because once that LED goes through its red-green-orange sequence and everything works, I can switch it off and back on and it will work as expected. Then after a few minutes off, same problem again.

Anyone experiencing this? I'll test it for a few days, and if this persists I very sadly will have to send it back to Germany.

read more...
    1 61
    • LoneAlder
      DavidKnighton Hello Juan Mico,
      My guess here is that the 5V rail on the unit could be dodgy. Most of the digital element of the board (i.e USB/MIDI) require 5V as opposed to the +/-12V. How it works, is the system takes a positive 12V PSU and then inverts/converts into several different voltages on the inside. One of these conversion circuits could be bad. I would suggest taking it back to the seller if it continues to happen.
      • December 4, 2020
      • Power up fault on the 2600
        LoneAlder Thanks David. Although I don't know much about synth innards, what you mention makes a lot of sense.
        • December 9, 2020
    • LoneAlder
      robboggild1 Exactly the same problem on mine. Must be a faulty batch. I can't bear to be away from my 2600 while it gets repaired/replaced. This is not good. I've raised a call with Thomann, awaiting response.
      • December 9, 2020
        LoneAlder I already know of a few guys with this issue, so it's definitely a dodgy first batch. Thomann asked me to send a video with the issue, and they sent me a barcode label for a repair, so they already know there's a little problem thre. My unit is now on its way to Burgebrach... Boy do I miss it. In the meantime I cancelled my order for the MonoPoly, as I don't trust Behringer's QC anymore. I'll wait and see this time.
        • December 9, 2020
        robboggild1 Oh no, after just getting the 2600 I will hate to send it away. I have just sent Thomann a video too. I would rather keep it until they have some in stock to send a replacement. So much for being first in the queue to buy one!
        • December 9, 2020
    • LoneAlder
      DannyBudts Same problem here....I also made a video for Thomann and now are waiting for their decision what to do next.
      • December 9, 2020
        LoneAlder They will give you the option to either send it for repair (3 to 4 weeks) or a refund.
        • December 9, 2020
        DannyBudts ...and they reply to me they are not aware of such problem....
        • December 10, 2020
        robboggild1 Well they should certainly be aware by now!
        • December 10, 2020
        LoneAlder They're deliberately lying. Are you returning or repairing it? I console myself with the Arturia virtual one now... sob.
        • December 10, 2020
    • LoneAlder
      DannyBudts The power switch of mine stays on now, as on my other devices and I power everything up with two main switches...for the third day in a row the 2600 powers up normally this way....I don't dare to touch the power switch... ;-)
      • December 10, 2020
    • LoneAlder
      DannyBudts Unfortunately the fourth day I have the same problem...so I think I'll have to send it back... :-(...damned!
      • December 11, 2020
  • New
    Tinkertra1n
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-28

Hi,

I've noticed that the decay does not behave as expected when setting the decay curve to +50% (255). At the end of the decay period there is an extra hump right before the envelope enters the sustain phase. Can someone else confirm this? Is it a bug or is it just my DeepMind 12 that is acting up?

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a default program
    2. Set VCA sustain to 0
    3. Set VCA decay curve to 50% (255)
    4. Play a note and let it decay fully.

I've attached an audio example.

read more...
    0 57
  • graesserph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-22

Hi. I'm using SynthTool 2.40 and two TD-3, both on firmware 1.2.6.

When I use the "dump" feature in SynthTool, then it properly exports 64 patterns (counts up to 64).

When I use the "merge" feature afterwards to import the previously exported dump file to the second TD-3, then the "merge" counts up to 49, and then says that it was successful.

So basically, what it imports via "merge" is all correct, but it's only 49 patterns, means 16 patterns of pattern bank 1, 2, and 3, and only the very first pattern of pattern bank 4.

This is very easy to reproduce. Simply create a pattern in Pattern bank 4, pattern 8 for example, then dump the whole machine, and merge it to another one.

I also tried with SynthTool 1.36 ... same results.

read more...
    0 55
    • graesserph
      Nigel67 Hi Andreas. I have just heard from the designers. this bug was fixed and is incorporated into the new synthtool app that was released about 21 hours ago. Many thanks
      • August 25, 2020
      • SynthTool with TD-3: "Merge" always only imports 49 patterns (instead of 64)
        graesserph Awesome! Tried it with SynthTool 2.4.1, and works like a charm. Thank you so much.
        Also great to see that you've incorporated the RD-6 in the SynthTool. So there's still hope for the RD-8 to get its place as well .
        In any way, I'm seriously impressed. It's great to see a community where you get "real" answers by people who obviously care. Thank you!
        • ·
        • August 26, 2020
  • N2N
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-16
    hi, when will the ARP 2600 be available?
    1 55
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-08-25
  • New
    EdwardJonathanBlakeley
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24
    1 55
Go to page