Statistics

223,688 members
97,905 posts
  • New
    BenjaminRew
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-12

And what the hell? There is no marketplace for spare parts, so why did i just have to make this account? Behringer, I get you save money and all that, but FFS at LEAST provide SOME help at getting these things fixed, which are cheap, and can break, we clear, e because JFC, this has been a collosal waste of time and my pitch modulation wheel (which apparently go bad??) replacement is no where to be found. Thanks guys, great stuff.

read more...
    0 37
    • BenjaminRew
      Nigel67 Hi Benjamin, for spare parts you go to the service tab at the top of the page and in the new window click on the spare parts option. You fill out the form that is presented and someone will get back to you with pricing and availability. Or you can go to this link
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=spare%20parts
      I think a self service option for choosing and ordering the part you require is in the pipeline but is not implemented yet.
      • November 11, 2020
    • BenjaminRew
      BenjaminRew Nigel, thanks for trying, but here is a screenshot, there is no service tab. This is what i mean. Its INCREDIBLY unclear how to navigate this and the fact that now to get a spare part every customer of yours has to give Music Tribe their info? That is awful customer service. So once again, why did i have to create a profile here when this is not behringer and where are the damn spare parts?
      • November 12, 2020
    • BenjaminRew
      BenjaminRew Dude, seroiusly, i put "behringer spare parts" in the search engine and nothing. Behringer service, nothing.
      • November 12, 2020
    • BenjaminRew
      BenjaminRew Come on. this is a joke, who the hell came up with this bright idea? or is it that your products are disposable so we arent supposed to find the parts? Cannot the space be clearly marked? I am sure all the people that run this site will be assholes about my posts but FFS this is impossible to find anything, a shit support site. The least you could have done Nigel is GIVE ME A LINK, NOT SUGGEST A TAG OR BUTTON THAT DOES NOT EXIST, SEE THE PIC OF THE SITE UI. PLEASE JUST TELL ME WHERE THE F I CAN GET THE REPLACEMENT PART PLEASE.
      • November 12, 2020
      • I was looking for spare parts for my Deepmind, and it brought me to here which made me create an account
        Nigel67 Hi Benjamin, your spares ticket has been submitted into the system under case CAS-160037-Q7R0J7. You should have received an automated reply telling you the case number and one of my colleagues will get back to you. Please check your SPAM as it could have ended up in there.
        • November 12, 2020
  • PM
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-14

My 121 Dual VCF has a problem. When the filter is closed down, there is still tons of oscillator noise coming through. Yeah, it is low frequency, but every filter I have ever seen cuts off all sound when you close it all the way.

Anyone else have this?

read more...
    0 36
    • PM
      JoeRivers96 Hi Patrick, would it be possible to submit a care ticket using the SUPPORT option at the top? It would be useful to see a video of this behaviour.
      • August 14, 2020
      • 121 Dual VCF Not Filtering All
        PM I did submit a care ticket before posting. They wrote back a technical description of filters probably from an engineering book. Didn't help at all. I would be happy to show a video but they didn't ask for it.
        • August 14, 2020
      • 121 Dual VCF Not Filtering All
        JoeRivers96 Do you have a case reference? I can look into this further for you.
        • August 14, 2020
    • PM
      DavidKnighton Hi Patrick. I'm the agent assisting your case. I was unsure about what exactly you were asking in your inquiry, which is why I gave the response I did. I'm looking into whether this feature can be adjusted, so I will hopefully be able to give you a more appropriate answer soon.
      • August 14, 2020
    • PM
      PM Here is a video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aob_ljHZCxAinjH-L6ddXa-7BSoR
      • August 14, 2020
    • PM
      DavidKnighton Hello Patrick.
      I have a somewhat official response from one of the product designers.

"The main LPF filter specification for the cutoff frequency is 20 Hz to 20 kHz so we do not expect full cutoff at 20 Hz just a small amount of attenuation. Hence the name low pass filter.
      For heavy attenuation of low frequencies you really need a steep sloped high pass filter, the module does contain a 3 step HPF filter but due to the gentle 6 dB per octave slope used in the original design the maximum cutoff is around -47 dBu at 20Hz or -52 dB at 10 Hz."
      • August 17, 2020
  • Carl71
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-31

How do i Migrate Previous Registered Products?

0 36
    • Carl71
      PedroRodrigues Hi Carl 71 do you still have the POP of the product you wish to register?
      • August 31, 2020
    • Carl71
      Carl71 Yes they are all in PDF Format
      • September 1, 2020
    • Carl71
      Carl71 You want me to send them to you ?
      • September 1, 2020
    • Carl71
      PedroRodrigues So we can manage this matter please submit a case via https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket
      • September 1, 2020
    • Carl71
      Carl71 under what type subheading??
      • September 1, 2020
  • KipChatterson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-20
    I recently purchased a CAT. I am used to finding a midi compatibility chart with any synth. What messages does the CAT respond to? I know it receives notes from a midi keyboard, what else? Where can I find this information? Thanks.
    0 35
    • KipChatterson
      JoeRivers96 Hi Kip - the CAT responds to MIDI note information only. All other communication is done via Sysex, which is also captured via the SynthTool. The latest version of this can be found on the link below:

https://www.behringer.com/product.html;jsessionid=DFF9F5710C9963951B4ADDDEAE2E1172?modelCode=P0DNE
      • June 24, 2020
      • What midi does the Cat respond to?
        KipChatterson So is there a midi implementation chart somewhere? You said above, note only. Can we send it pitch bend? What other controls are available via sysex? I have a bcr2000 that can send sysex, would like to use it with the cat. Thanks.
        • June 24, 2020
  • New
    Adie
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-21

When I use the lfo and mod wheel at 100% to try to bounce between octaves on C for example, it ends up bouncing between c# And e (meaning it's even going sharp when the modulation should be at 0)

Is there some sort of calibration procedure for the mod wheel to fix this?

From what I can tell, behringer never released a full manual for this synth - only a quick start guide.

I'm unable to figure out what many of the adjustment trim pots do on the rear such as hp, regen, range, noise, bias - and I don't know how to find the test points for the 10v adjustment 

read more...
    0 34
  • avantronica
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-27

Pro-1 and Neutron don't play nice with each other, but both play nice with all other gear ! 

Hi, I ticketed support about the very peculiar and inexplicable issue i see using the Pro-1 with the Neutron - as of yet, i have only had a reply acknowledging receipt, but no answer to teh question as to whether it is a design issue or a hardware issue, it is categorically not a user issue, that's the only thing i do know - i can't even properly speculate on whether it's a mutual compatibility issue between these two related synths or whether the problem stems from one or the other.

Here's what i can't do - I can't get the Pro-1 to sequence the Neutron

We're talking simple Kybd CV and Gate Outputs from the Pro-1 running it's own sequencer into the Neutron's Osc1+2 and E.Gate1 inputs - nothing else, just run both with vanilla sounds

For me it doesn't work becasue the gate signal is somehow electrically lost, it can be measured via a voltmeter at 5V, but if the gate is used e.g. in a pitchmod capacity it serves around 3.5 iirc, now, it only takes around 1.5V to turn the Neutron gate on and the Pr0-1/Neutron combo does not deliver this successfully ... unless i also/inconveniently use the Neutron's Mult !! This suggests an electrical/other design issue.

Now here's where it gets weird, the Pro-1 can happily drive every other piece of semi-modular gear i have just fine and the Neutron can in turn be driven by every other cv gear i through at it, and it indeed only needs about 1.5V to work that gate

Now, the scenario of using the Pro-1 seq to drive the neutron is not my main endgame, i want to sync the Pro-1 LFO to teh Neutron in some way, so the 'free' gate is convenient for this, i want the LFO output for other things (in fact the LFO output in square mode works fine as that gate ! .. as does the Pro-1 Env output too ! .. it's juts the gate out which doesn't work at delivering teh voltage required, but ONLY with the Neutron ) - so both work flawlessly with all gear, but it simply doesn't work direct from Pro-1 to Neutron - Why ? ??? I have no answer, is this your experience ?

Can anyone confirm ? I am running both in their respective latest firmwares (so the recent Pro-1 env enhancement)

What's weird is that the Neutron will fix the issue by buffering the Pro-1 gate - but why is the gate failing to work, how has the potential of 5v been lost and is now failing to reach 1.5v - the gate outputs a serviceable voltage when it's directed as a Pitch Mod source - from my estimation it gives 3.5v or pitch mod (compared with a calibrated source)

This has nothing to do with powersupplies or cables or user error, it's a bizarre incompatibility between two family members .. the evidence points strongly at a design issue, because if it was hardware these two units surely wouldn't work flawlessly with all other gear, compared with 3 or 4 other pieces from various manufacturers - plus the Multimeter is showing that it's offering 5V

I can't decide where the issue lies, but i need to know if there's a fault in teh hardware that needs warranty attention or a design fault that needs rectification

Could anyone who owns both try this VERY simple test, it will take all of 2 minutes to test, if you don't want to use audio then send the gate to teh Neutron S/H clock input - that should then syncronize with teh LFO of the Pro-1 - if it doesn't, then use a patch cable into the Neutron Mult input and take the Mult out to the S&H Clocj Input (or the gate if that didn't work direct and you're auditioning them)

If it affects all units then hopefully it can be addressed more speedily, otherwise i need to explore resolving a hardware fault. Either way, it's been over two weeks since i sent this simple test query and i am none the wiser, it's really putting me off risking the same issues if a score a Crave which i am craving at the moment for all the sequencer fun ! There must be someone with access to these two units and two minutes to spare

Does it affect everyone with this pairing or does it point to a bizarre hardware fault that only manifests between these two sister products, yet works fine with all others (yet can be resolved by employing the Mult)

Has there been a board revision to the Neutron in terms of this or is it somehow wrapped up in the digital side of it and could be addressed in firmware ?

Any takers ? ... please !

: ) thanks avantronica

read more...
    0 34
    • avantronica
      avantronica The support team advised that this is an issue affecting all of the Pro-1 > Neutron joint users who do as I described above. The issue seems to be at the Neutron end, fingers crossed that something can be tweaked in the firmware to address this incompatibility - they also confirmed it was only between this particular pairing and both played well with other gear - strange one indeed and rather unfortunate that it's an incompatibility between two similar items from the same family - at least it is acknowledged as an issue rather than indicative of a fault or unique to only a few units, that bodes well for a fix
      • September 4, 2020
    • avantronica
      avantronica Wondering if there's any developments or news after 6 months now of this being logged ?
      • Feb 24
  • New
    DamoWaters
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-06

I can't be the only one thinking Behringer are already washing their hands of the Deepmind. No firmware updates in ages, and zero support for the app. Whilst most things on the synth itself work fine, the effects section seems plagued with phasing issues whenever you use them in Send mode. The preset manager on the app is cumbersome and buggy (how about when it changes all of your pitch bend parameters, that's really great!), nobody seems to know how the preset blender works... It's such a shame because I really love this synth, but it seems like the makers are now in the land of the eternal shrug. Come on, Behringer, sort it out!

read more...
    1 33
    • DamoWaters
      john0121 Hi Damo, sorry for your experience of the Deepmind this way. If you could submit a tech support request via the support button (top of the page) and list you feedback/ any feature requests we can pass this along to the synth development team for future consideration.
      • December 6, 2020
    • DamoWaters
      Tinkertra1n There is an easy fix for the phasing issue, and that is to use the insert routing instead. That way both the effect and the unaffected signal will have the same latency and there will be no phasing. It's impossible to avoid phasing issues if you are using an analog signal path in parallel with a digital one as there is inevitably a slight delay in the digital signal path due to conversion and processing steps.

Phasing is less pronounced with e.g. reverb and delay effects as there is less correlation with the original signal and those can be used as send effects without issue.
      • December 28, 2020
      • Deepmind 12 App/firmware
        DamoWaters Hello Hamelt's Soul. I'm aware that the Insert route doesn't have the issue, however I didn't fully appreciate the nature of why the Send routing was the way it was. It's just frustrating, you know.
        • December 28, 2020
        DamoWaters And I do hope the Preset Manager gets an overhaul, it's not the most efficient system.
        • December 28, 2020
        Tinkertra1n I agree, it's a bit quirky to work with. A simple thing like drag and drop would have been wonderful. I'm hoping they will fix a few minor issues with the synth as well. Like the envelope bug I've posted about before.
        • December 28, 2020
        Tinkertra1n Another tip that will lessen the phasing issue: When using send effects, set the mix level of the individual effects to 100%, and adjust the amount off effect with the level control instead. That way, no there is no clean signal coming out of the digital signal path that can cause phasing with the bypassed signal, only the effected audio.
        • Jan 1
  • JeffPorrello
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-21
    I have a love/hate relationship with MusicTribe, particularly Behringer. I own a LOT of Behringer gear, most recently most of the Synthesizer line. While I enjoy Behringer products (mostly because of price to performance ratio), I find Music Tribe to be too ambitious overall. For example the new "Support/Community" website is a mess. It's hard to navigate, slower than molasses, most of the links don't work, there is an exceptional amount of support documentation MISSING, response times can be very long, etc. I could go on, but you get the idea. Another issue (most recently for me with the synths) is the lack of proper User Guides. A quick Start Guide is fine if you just want to pull a product out of a box and try some basics, but not being able to "deep dive" with a synth is a travesty! Not even a signal flow chart?? Regarding the Neutron, I've had two units which have died in the same manner, and what caused their death is shocking. One wouldn't think that doing a proper "Factory Reset" would trash a synth, but that is exactly what happened, TWICE!! I created a ticket the other day for the second unit, and the response asked me to make a YouTube video to send to the programers. How about an RMA number so I can get the unit exchanged?? They couldn't fix the first one, so I'm assuming they'll do the same again. I need a new unit, and don't want to be a YouTube Star! Making a video is fine, but help me with the repair!!! Call me paranoid, but I'm expecting an issue with them verifying the Serial Number of the second Neutron because I only registered the original unit, not the replacement. I don't want to have to go through a big rigamarole getting the second unit repaired/replaced. Scary stuff! As for the company getting too big too fast, I have many thousands of dollars worth of Behringer gear for my small Live Sound Reinforcement company. I'm a technical person, so I read and reread all of the manuals so I know how to get the most out of my gear. There are soooooooo many typos and general errors and contradictions in the various manuals it's not funny. I do NOT understand why things are done in such a rush-rush way. Either there are to few employees to do a proper job, they don't really care, or there is great disorganization (possibly turnover) within the ranks. This could really be an outstanding company if they would only SLOW DOWN, take a breath, and be more attuned to the details. I envision thousands of harried individuals running around at Music Tribe with no one actually being given the time or space to do a proper job. That's my humble opinion.
    read more...
    0 32
    • JeffPorrello
      NicJonesMT Hi Jeff. Firstly let me apologise for the delay in my response. Unfortunately we are having a few system issues which is causing a delayed response. Our teams are looking into this to see if they can get things running smoothly again. I will pass your comments along with relation to the community and general system issues.

With regard to your support cases, the reason that we ask for videos is so that we can visually and audibly assess your issue. This is extremely helpful as we can see all physical parameters, connections, and other devices used in your system, as well as the behaviour of the device. The reason we ask is because it really helps us with identifying the issue quickly and to come to a resolution. We can also then share these videos with other departments where needed, such as our innovation and development teams or Root Cause Analysis technicians.
      Although you may have experienced this issue with a previous device, we still need information on usage and behaviour of the device to raise the RMA, and a video is the quickest and easiest way to do this (It tends to tick all boxes in one go, rather than backward and forward responses). This is also to prevent your device coming in and No fault being found, which could incur inspection charges for you.
      Alternatively if the issue has already been reported and resolved, we can then swiftly provide you with how to resolve the issue quickly.

With regard to User Manuals, these have currently been placed under review to investigate new and innovative digital solutions to provide our users with a better experience. As above these are still in development and investigating alternative options, but if you have any general feedback or improvements that we could make to our QSG's or future manuals, I would be more than happy for you to send this over and I will pass it on to the relevant teams.
      I have managed to find your details on our CRM system with your cases, so I will contact you directly so that you have a direct contact to feed this information on to.

Again I can only genuinely apologise for any inconvenience.
      • June 25, 2020
    • JeffPorrello
      JeffPorrello Hi Nic! I want to thank you very much for the detailed response! You seem like a real standup guy (possibly an American expression) in that you truly care about your customers and your job! I now understand more fully the importance of the videos and will endeavor to do a better job in the future. I've already sent the Neutron in once given the RMA number, but can assure you that in my case, there wasn't a lot to see. There were no physical connections to the unit except headphones. The LFO SHAPE selector knob was pointing at one shape with the dial, but a completely different shape was lit up as far as the LED was concerned and turning the knob did not change shapes. The LFO SPEED was stuck in the slowest position even though you turned the knob, and, as far as the OSC 2 Shape knob, you are able to turn the knob, but the shape itself is stuck (sometimes with one shape LED on, sometimes with two). This happened to me twice now, previously with the original unit. The video would have shown these anomalies, but I don't believe you would have learned anything by me turning the knobs beyond what I just described. I do really appreciate your attitude and help on this matter!!
      • June 26, 2020
    • JeffPorrello
      NicJonesMT Hi Jeff

I had a quick look on our system and can see that a member of our US team has been sorting you out with the Neutron (Correct me if I'm wrong!).

You've got my E-mail address so drop me a message if i'm wrong and I'll ask a member of the team to jump on it.
      • June 29, 2020
  • Plastigas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-19

Hello,

is there a way I can synch my pro tools midi beat clock to lock the arpeggiator to my pro tools midi beat clock. I see that the sequencer can lock through synth tool but is there a way to lock the arpeggiator to the clock as well?

thanks

josh

read more...
    0 32
  • free-variation
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-18

Hi all,

I'm hearing something a bit off on my Odyssey.  After sounding a note, if the VCA is above some minimum *but less than maximum* then after the note dies off, it slowly starts building in volume again.  I get that the old ARPs had oscillator bleed, but I'm curious why this doesn't happen at max VCA.

Thanks.

read more...
    0 32
    • free-variation
      JoeRivers96 Hi John, would you mind sending over a video of this issue? This can be on a wetransfer/google drive link.
      • October 19, 2020
Go to page