Statistics

242,818 members
119,209 posts
  • AlessandroBoero
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-24

Voicelive  4..when it ready on the market????   tc helicon... 

0 2,687
    • AlessandroBoero
      PetGerbil

Now that Mr Behringers in charge, It will probably be released soon, and be an expresso machine...

Cos,y'know "..the core demographic of 17 to 25 year olds drink coffee."

• May 24, 2019
    • AlessandroBoero
      omani

I'm sure it will be before they provide any of the talked about updates for the VL3X.

They prefer to release new gear than making existing gear better.

The switch6 pedal being able to trigger 6 different loops, but not in serial mode, makes it pretty useless.

• May 25, 2019
    • AlessandroBoero
      DanielHare

I am considering the Headrush looperboard to replace my voicelive 3. Assuming Voicelive 4 is enver going to happen...

Have you tried it?

• June 25, 2019
    • AlessandroBoero
      TCH-Rob

Thanks for your excitement about the VoiceLive line! We’ve got a team working hard to figure out how we can improve on the features that the VoiceLive 3 currently offers, as we are always looking to improve upon what we’ve built before! As I'm sure you understand, the process of developing new gear in the music tech industry is a long one - beyond the mechanics and engineering work that begins years before a product is released, there is also a period of time during which testing and corrections take place until the product meets our requirements - all of this happens before the product is ever announced or manufactured. 

For this reason, we do not project release dates for products that are in progress. We prefer to offer accurate estimations, something we cannot do when a product is still in the development or testing phase.  

We appreciate your curiosity around upcoming products, and are regularly checking in with our community on MTC. There is an interesting community discussion with some VL4 speculation and requests, check it out at this link: http://bit.ly/2Wir7Zl 

• July 31, 2019
  • lana22
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-08

I powered down and accidentally powered up a few minutes after... shouldn't have bothered it, but it powered back up with a blue screen. 

It is version 1.2.00 build 61
    I'm using VoiceTouch on my Mac.

VoiceTouch says it's being used by another app. I've done everything a person can do on my Mac (privacy settings in Chrome, system preferences...) to make that not the case, to no avail.

I can't see the screen, so I can't do anything like a factory reset - because I can't tell what's happening.

I, of course, have a gig tonight.

Please help me.

read more...
    0 1,136
    • lana22
      BrianLowe

@lana22 wrote:

I powered down and accidentally powered up a few minutes after... shouldn't have bothered it, but it powered back up with a blue screen. 

It is version usps tracking 1.2.00 build 61
      I'm using VoiceTouch on my Mac.

VoiceTouch says it's being used by  another app. I've done everything a person can do on my Mac (privacy settings in Chrome, system preferences...) to make that not the case, to no avail.

I can't see the screen, so I can't do anything like a factory reset - because I can't tell what's happening.

I, of course, have a gig tonight.

Please help me.

I am also facing the same issue here. Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
      Regards,
      Brian

• July 8, 2019
    • lana22
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @lana22 and @BrianLowe,
      Both of you will need to get in contact with our support team via this link.  Good luck!

• July 9, 2019
    • lana22
      kantefier

Greetings!

I'm currently facing the same issue on my unit. Suddenly only blue screen, device doesn't boot up. Downloaded Voicesupport 2, as some older internet posts suggest, but on both operating systems (Win & OSX) I get the same result: "Device in use".

Also, provided link doesn't work. Please help!

• January 1, 2020
    • lana22
      TCH-Rob

Hi @kantefier ,

You can receive help from the "support" tab on www.musictribe.com

• January 3, 2020
    • lana22
      optpenn

Greetings!

This is not good!!! I'm facing the same issue on my unit. I see only a blue screen. I Downloaded Voicesupport 2, as some older internet posts suggested.  I got the same results: "Device in use". 

Please Help!

• January 7, 2020
  • davidmck
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-03
    Just purchased used VL3. (2nd July 2020) Trying to update firmware, but Voicesupport says no internet connection to TC Helicon server? Have now tried on three different computers and same message, Sometimes get message to say VL3 being used by another program (it isn't)
    read more...
    0 718
    • davidmck
      PlamenPenev I have the same problem. After a reset of VoiceLive 3, Voicesupport 2 does not connect to the Internet. And this for several days now - there are no answers, and I can't work.
      • July 3, 2020
    • davidmck
      SpyderZA I am having the same problem with Voicesupport and Voicesupport 2. My Voicelive Touch 2 is pretty useless now and I have also got work to finish.
      • July 3, 2020
    • davidmck
      FabioValdez If you were using it before, just disconnect from internet and start the program, then you can connect again. If it's a fresh new installed then there's no workaround because it requires connection to the server for first time running. In the first post they said that is because they changed the server so it does't connect to the new server yet.
      • July 4, 2020
    • davidmck
      davidmck Already tried disconnecting from internet, starting program, and then connect to internet - made no difference. Also getting message saying "Voicesupport is unable to load required control files"
      • July 5, 2020
    • davidmck
      vic91218 I can't connect to the voicesupport as well.. bummer. Guess I'll return this thing
      • July 5, 2020
  • Dale11
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-09

I own a perform V  however it does not fit on my microphone stand and it is very difficult to change the effects during a performance.  I am considering purchasing a mic mechanic or a voice live play.  I need something very simple that I don’t really need to change the settings on too much. I sing popular type rock. 

Can you please make a suggestion for me? I know they perform V has doubling  I don’t see this on the mic mechanic and not really sure if I need it. Mostly I want tone, pitch correction and a little fuller voice with a very small amount of reverb/echo.  I am not a pro so I need something very simple. Please help, thank you 

read more...
    0 674
    • Dale11
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Dale11,
      It sounds to me like the Duplicator is the pedal for you.  It has doubling, reverb, pitch correction, and Tone.

Also in regards to your Perform-V not fitting on your mic stand, please check out David's rant.  You might just need to put some muscle into it, it's very unlikely that you'll be able to break the plastic on the Perform-V's mic clip by forcing it on there.

• October 11, 2019
    • Dale11
      SteveSchow

The Duplicator looks pretty darn nice....and SIMPLE...which is good.  I really love my VoiceLive Play a lot though.  I like having presets.  Truthfully I don't end up using much more than what that Duplicator can do, but I have found it beneficial, as a backup singer, to be able to totally disable my mic with a muted preset, for songs I don't sing on, for example.  I don't see how this unit would let you adjust the gating sensitivity, for example, where with the VoiceLivePlay you have more options to configure how all that stuff works. 

• November 5, 2019
  • BigangboBonanno
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-04

I am looking for information on what each parameter means under the Harmony and Double voice choices  ??? For example < Gender , has quite a few choices but no explanation of what each one is suposed to do  ?  Porta ds? Smooth ?  Etc. There are many pages under Harmony as you scroll down and no where do I find explanations of each item I scroll down to > Yes some are self explanitory but quite a few I have no idea what they mean. On The Highs and Lows and Mid range areas it lists certain frequnceys but I I do not know where is a area I should be dialing in for , plus use on an outboard PA these adjustments to EQ mess them up too... . So confusing . Nothing in its booklet or downloads go over any of these parameters.... HELP ????  I tried using the presets given or downloaded but they need fine tuning for my voice. the more I play around and adjust the worse it gets... Does any one know the meaning of these parameters...  Last question is the double part used just to dowble your voice and not create a 2nd harmony for a Duo type song,  for Ex. Think Everly Brothers.  

read more...
    0 643
    • BigangboBonanno
      TCH-Rob

Hi @BigangboBonanno!

I'm going to do my best to list all of the paramaters under Harmony and Doubling and give a brief explanation of what each does. If you have any further questions feel free to ask! I've also attached an eq cheat sheet which might help you to figure out which frequencies you may want to cut or boost. Try using the Voicelive's looper to record your harmonies, and listen to what you want to change about them. Then find that issue on the cheat sheet to determine which frequencies you need to cut or boost. Before changing the eq settings, I would make sure that in the "tone" tab of your Voicelive's setup menu you have the tone parameter set to on, and the shape, compress, and de-ess knobs are set to around 50. This will add adaptive eq and compression to your voice, and you may find that you don't need to add other eq in the harmony menu!

- Lead level: volume of your lead vocal

- Level: volume of harmony effect

- Human Style: determines how the humanize parameter behaves. 

- Humanize: varies the dynamics and pitch of the harmonies to sound more human. Depending on which humanize style you select and what percentage you dial in, this can create anything from subtle variation to an extreme effect. 

- Vib Style: Determines the way that vibrato behaves, e.g. the attack/decay of the effect, the shape of the vibrato, the speed of the vibrato, etc.

- Vibrato: Determines the depth of the pitch and amplitude modulation created by vibrato

- Pan: Determines the stereo spread of the harmonies

- Gender: shifts the formant and register of harmonies without effecting pitch. This control is bipolar; turning the knob left will make your voice sound more "male" and turning it right will make it sound more female. You get seperate control of the gender of each harmony and doubling voice, which is why you see "V1 Gender, V2 Gender, etc."

- Porta (portatempo in double): Effects the amount that harmony notes "glide" between one another. With no porta notes will shift immediately, with porta there will be a glissando between notes. You get seperate control of portatempo on each harmony and doubling voice, which is why you see "V1 Porta, V2 Porta, etc."

- Smooth: Smoothing effects the amount of pitch correction applied to the harmonies. When smoothing is at 100%, harmonies won't be pitch corrected at all, and notes will smoothly transition between one another as they are sung. When at 0%, the harmony notes will be fully pitch corrected and sound autotuned. The downside of 100% smoothing that if a singer is at all pitchy, the harmony notes will be pitchy as well. We've found that the most natural sounding smoothing settings for most singers is between 90-95%. Each voice has individual smoothing control, which is why you see ""V1 Smooth," "V2 Smooth," etc.

Hope this helps!

vocaleq.jpg
      • July 5, 2019
    • BigangboBonanno
      TCH-Rob

@BigangboBonanno , to make simple doubling effects without creating new harmonies, try the "1 voice tight" setting in the "double" tab!

• July 5, 2019
    • BigangboBonanno
      BigangboBonanno

I thought I replied to you when I got this . But apparently it did not accept my reply. I Thank You so much.. I have been using your advice and yes it is getting better.  I have tone off due to when on it gets too distorted when I sing louder even though Green Light on unit stays well below the red , hardly goes into yellow in fact.  and the tone setting on the highs make me sound just too bright and squeaky and a bit of distortion comes in. This is regarless of using Adaptive or not. Yes I tried messing with EQs and I have to almost turn off the highs and bring up lows and mids to get close but still the squeaky ness I cannot get out. Turn tone off and all is better. Yes Tried different Mics. SM 58 , 57 the TC helicon mics and an Audio Technica SM58 Beta type. The shure SM 58 and 57 sound the best to me . I am a tenor but I can go somewhat lower range and can hit some very decent high notes too... I have not messed with the Gender for the ones set on the Harmony I chose are pretty good for me at the moment.  Yes using Natural Play for the guitar chord and my vocal , the pitch on harmony takes a second to catch up for some reason at some very hard times. I  only chose Natural Play for the first vocal and leave the rest alone with nothing on except unison or maybe an octave above.  If I put Natural play on rest of harmonies things go pretty bad.. Yes I tried to dial in the paratmeters , I took off auto tune in main menu , I sing on key prettly well , and left the smooth parameter setting at your suggestions and tried with close adustments there to dial in further but to no avail. Did not mess with Porta , VIb is off, Humanize I try on and off but does not help my issue.   I wiil keep trying. The song I am working on is called Let It Be Me by the Everly Brothers. I have it very very close.... thank you again.   Angelo 

• July 10, 2019
    • BigangboBonanno
      TCH-Rob

Hi Angelo (@BigangboBonanno), 

Let me know how it goes! I'm glad I could be of help. 

Do use the auto mic gain settings on your voicelive? This might help you reduce the distortion you were speaking of. All you have to do is hold the setup button and sing into your mic at performance volume, then press the reverb button. This will set your gain to a level that doesn't clip. 

All the best,

Rob

• July 15, 2019
  • Timmossop
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-02

Hey Everybody.

Bit of a noob question, but I can't seem to find an exact answer anywhere?

My question is pretty simple:

* If our band plays a whole tone downtuned (2 x semitones down from A440)

Is the reference for my pitch correction still just default (a440) or do I need to do a manual adjustment to the pedals pitch reference?

Cheers

read more...
    0 605
    • Timmossop
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Timmossop,
      You should be fine and not have to change anything.  Even if you're playing a whole tone down (with guitars tuned to D-G-C-F-A-D), an A4 note is still 440Hz for you guys.  You should be good, cheers!

• October 9, 2019
  • nimasan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-12

Hi there,

I'm currently using TC Helicon's Harmony M with my midi keyboard.

I need the presets/steps features that VoiceLive 3 is offering so I want to switch to that product.

However, it is being advertised/promoted as a voice/guitar effects product and I'm not planning on using it with a guitar but with a midi keyboard instead.

I want to sing, play some chords on my midi keyboard and I want VoiceLive 3 to be able to translate those keyboard chords into harmonies for example.

Is this possible or will I have problems with it?

Is VoiceLive 2 Touch better for me maybe? However, I noticed that VoiceLive 2 Touch does not have "steps" but only "presets". I don't want to have to create 5 presets for a single song. I want one single song-preset containing a bunch of steps inside (verse, chorus, bridge etc..)

Thanks in advance for your help!

read more...
    0 545
    • nimasan
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @nimasan,
      VoiceLive 3 is advertised as a vocal and guitar processor because in addition to our suite of vocal effects it also has a bunch of guitar effects, but you can absolutely use it with a keyboard instead.  You can either use just the MIDI output from your keyboard to guide harmony voices, or use the audio output of your keyboard (if it has any) and apply the guitars effects to it, or even use a combination of the two.  So yeah what you're asking is totally possible, Gavin Castleton has a really good video on the topic here.

As for VoiceLive Touch 2, it can work well with a keyboard as well but I wouldn't say it's better for you.  Like you've noted, the Touch 2 doesn't have the ability to create Steps so you'd be working with neighbouring presets instead.  The biggest benefit that Touch 2 has over VoiceLive 3 - aside from being mountable on a mic stand - is its 6-track looper, VoiceLive 3's looper only has 3 tracks.

Hopefully that's helpful, let me know if you have any more questions.  Cheers!

• November 14, 2019
  • New
    stephensmiles
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-04

I'm doing some recording with Ableton.  I'm about to buy a condenser mic, probably a Rode NT1 or Aston Origin. Both require 48v phantom power. Will my Voiceplay live support this or do I need to buy another Audio Interface?

0 494
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Actually I seem to have discovered that it does:-) Next question. Is there a flat (no effects) setting on the Voicelive play?
      • November 4, 2020
      • Voicelive Play Phantom Power
        leah Hello Stephen,
        The VoiceLive Play has a "Talk" mode where you can quickly bypass the effects from the current preset. This is done by holding down the HIT footswitch.
        If you'd like a dedicated preset with zero effects applied, you can either transfer a "Blank Preset" style to your device using VoiceSupport 2 or simply build a new preset with all effects off within the device.
        Hope this helps. Thanks!
        • November 4, 2020
      • Voicelive Play Phantom Power
        stephensmiles Thank you.
        • November 4, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      RexBeckett Hi Stephen, according to the specifications, Voicelive Play has a 48V phantom supply when enabled through the Setup menu.
      • November 4, 2020
  • wavesequence
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-17

I'm wondering if any updates after OS 1.21 are avaliable and where can be retrieved.

Thanks in advance,

ws

1 478
    • wavesequence
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @wavesequence,
      Yes indeed that is the latest and last firmware update for the VoiceWorks Plus.  Hope you're still getting some use out of that thing

• October 1, 2019
    • wavesequence
      arlopete1

I was also searching the internet for an update for my trusty old TC-Helicon Voiceworks Plus as my unit is still on Versions 1.01. I cannot find versions 1.2 or 1.21 and wondered if you could point me to a resource or possibly (out of the generosity of your heart) send the update to me. I have spent endless hours trying to find these updates and I just don't understand why the company does not have them posted somewhere.

Please let me know. Thanks for your consideration.

Pete

• February 17, 2020
    • wavesequence
      Maroliboe

+1
      I also need the latest firmware (I think it is 1.21) for my Voiceworks plus - where can I download it, please advice
      Thanks & greetings,
      Martin

• March 18, 2020
  • Henko
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-28

Hello, i got a TC Helicon voivelive 1 from a friend.

I would love to know how to do a factory reset on this unit in oder to use it for myself.

Can`t find anything on the internet

Hope someone here can help me out.

1.jpg

1.jpg
    read more...
    0 458
    • Henko
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Henko ,

I asked around here at the TC Helicon office and it seems that there might not be a global factory reset function on the original voicelive, and if there is, we don't know how to do it! 

That said, you can reset individual presets and songs in the Voicelive's settings; you can find more information on how to do this on page 44 of the Voicelive user manual. Hope this helps! 

• February 28, 2020
Go to page