Statistics

289,924 members
172,498 posts
  • New
    Steveosays
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-04

I just bought my tc helicon voicelive touch version 1 and when I plug into mixer, there is no sound or signal coming out of the helicon. I'm not sure if there something wrong but I would really use further assistance.

0 918
    • Steveosays
      Nigel67 I would first of all perform a factory reset, and then connect to voicesupport and upgrade the unit to its latest version. This is all detailed in the User Manual
      https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/documents/tchelicon/voicelivetouchcompletemanualengv1-2.pdf
      Once you have done this sing into the unit, turn up the input level control and see if the signal and peak lights come on. If they do, then you are getting signal into the unit. Does your microphone require phantom power? If you then plug some headphones in and turn up the level control, do you hear anything in them? Which outputs are you using on the rear of the unit. What sort of jacks are you using. Are there any conversion connectors. Are the cables balanced or unbalanced to the amplifier?
      • November 3, 2020
      • TC Helicon Voicelive touch not working/no signal
        Steveosays I’ve tried holding the octave, low and bass bottoms and no reset has worked. It would just say ready.
        • January 13, 2021
        Steveosays I’ve had this thing for almost a year now and have yet to play it. Heard amazing things and because I do not have a job that allows me the brand new voicelive touch, I had to proceed with the version 1. Which was not cheap and spent time saving in order to acquire. It’s really sad.
        • January 13, 2021
        Nigel67 Have you tried connecting it to VoiceSupport and seeing if you can upgrade the unit? Please could you answer my original questions about the signal LED and microphone, etc. This will hopefully help identify the issue. You mentioned that none of the buttons worked when you tried the reset. Have you taken the protective film covering of the front of the unit as this could stop the buttons from working? If pressing the buttons still doesn't work, the the unit will have to be serviced. In which case please submit a service ticket by going to the Support Tab at the top of the page.
        • January 14, 2021
  • nimasan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-12

Hi there,

I'm currently using TC Helicon's Harmony M with my midi keyboard.

I need the presets/steps features that VoiceLive 3 is offering so I want to switch to that product.

However, it is being advertised/promoted as a voice/guitar effects product and I'm not planning on using it with a guitar but with a midi keyboard instead.

I want to sing, play some chords on my midi keyboard and I want VoiceLive 3 to be able to translate those keyboard chords into harmonies for example.

Is this possible or will I have problems with it?

Is VoiceLive 2 Touch better for me maybe? However, I noticed that VoiceLive 2 Touch does not have "steps" but only "presets". I don't want to have to create 5 presets for a single song. I want one single song-preset containing a bunch of steps inside (verse, chorus, bridge etc..)

Thanks in advance for your help!

read more...
    0 893
    • nimasan
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @nimasan,
      VoiceLive 3 is advertised as a vocal and guitar processor because in addition to our suite of vocal effects it also has a bunch of guitar effects, but you can absolutely use it with a keyboard instead.  You can either use just the MIDI output from your keyboard to guide harmony voices, or use the audio output of your keyboard (if it has any) and apply the guitars effects to it, or even use a combination of the two.  So yeah what you're asking is totally possible, Gavin Castleton has a really good video on the topic here.

As for VoiceLive Touch 2, it can work well with a keyboard as well but I wouldn't say it's better for you.  Like you've noted, the Touch 2 doesn't have the ability to create Steps so you'd be working with neighbouring presets instead.  The biggest benefit that Touch 2 has over VoiceLive 3 - aside from being mountable on a mic stand - is its 6-track looper, VoiceLive 3's looper only has 3 tracks.

Hopefully that's helpful, let me know if you have any more questions.  Cheers!

• November 14, 2019
  • New
    BenjaminCleek
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-31

I just got a voicelive 3 and it's a beast and I'm totally in love with it. My only real issues with it are ergonomic, but given the amount of features it packs, this was clearly well thought out. I use it in composing, post production and live performance environments. MIDI is a heavy part of everything I do, and I was disappointed to see the limited MIDI capabilities. I know you've discontinued it, but I really feel that this piece has the capability to capture the imagination of every electronic music producer out there......if only it had full MIDI implementation for all parameters.

Will there ever be another firmware update? And if so, I have so much to add to that conversation ;)

read more...
    0 799
    • BenjaminCleek
      PedroRodrigues Hi Benjamin, please be aware that you can follow the link below to access the VOICELIVE 3 Manual for this unit and please check the following pages to access the full MIDI implementation
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CDY

-Page 71 to access MIDI SYNC
      -Page 140 to access the Looping and MIDI Sync
      -Page 151 to access for MIDI TAB
      -Page 175 for MIDI CC List
      The he MIDI implementation in VL3 is essentially the same as the VoiceLive 2…There can be up to 500 presets loaded into a VoiceLive 3, and it’s possible to navigate between these presets with an external controller sending MIDI Control Change (“CC”) and Program Change (“PC”) messages.
      The VoiceLive 3 can receive CC and PC messages via MIDI from sources like keyboards, footswitches, DAWs, and more. For the controlling device to send a MIDI message to VL3 it needs to be using the same MIDI channel as the VL3, typically this is channel 1 but you’re welcome to change it. Also make sure you aren’t misusing the MIDI input filters, and ensure that the MIDI input is set to be either “USB” (for the USB-mini input) or “MIDI Ports” (for the 5-pin MIDI input) depending on how you're connecting. These settings can be changed in VL3’s “Setup” menu, on the “MIDI” tab.
      *INSERT PIC OF MIDI TAB*
      To change Presets via MIDI, first tell the VL3 which Bank to look in, then tell it which Preset in that Bank you want to change to.
      Bank select: To specify the desired bank, issue an LSB Bank select message (CC#32) with a value of 0-3.
      Preset Select: After specifying the Bank, issue a PC Preset select message with a value of 0-127.
      MSB LSB VL3Bank Program Change (PC) VL3 Preset #
      0 0 0 0-127 1-128
      0 1 1 0-127 129-256
      0 2 2 0-127 257-384
      0 3 3 0-115 385-500

The internal number associated with a Preset isn’t exactly what you see on the VL3’s screen, they’re actually all off by 1. This is because internally the list of Presets actually starts at an index of 0. This means that 0 = Preset #1, 1 = Preset #2, 2 = Preset #3, etc. It’s like your presets are saved from 0-499 but are displayed as 1-500.
      There are 4 Banks in VL3, and each Bank contains 128 Presets. Therefore the Preset selection number that goes to VL3 needs to be between 1 and 128. So for a Preset above 128, you need to subtract the number of the first Preset in the same Bank to get the MIDI Program Change info.
      The 9-digit message for changing to a preset is in the format of:
      MSB LSB PC#
      Or, you can first send a CC#32 of the Bank you’re looking in, then a PC value of the Preset you want.
      Here are some examples:
      Preset #5 would be: 5 - 1 = 4
      000 000 004
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 4
      Preset #100 would be: 100 - 1 = 99
      000 000 099
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 99
      Preset #208 would be: 208 - 129 = 79 (because Preset #208 is in Bank 1, which starts at Preset #129)
      000 001 079
      or CC#32 value 1, then PC 79
      Preset 259 would be: 259 - 257 = 2
      000 002 002
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 2
      Preset 322 would be: 322 - 257 = 65
      000 002 065
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 65
      Preset 491 would be: 491 - 385 = 106
      000 003 106
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 106
      Preset 500 would be: 500 - 385 = 115
      000 003 115
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 115

When you try to address a Preset that does not exist (either an empty spot or one outside the 1-500 range), there is no built-in warning system, VL3 just won’t do anything. So if you can see the “MIDI” indication on the VL3 appearing when you send commands, but are not getting the Preset to change, ensure you’re not referencing an empty or non-existent Preset location.
      *INSERT PIC OF THE MIDI POPUP*
      If that all seems too complicated for you, consider using Steps instead of Presets. Steps are essentially Presets within a Preset, and you can have up to 10 Steps all in the same Preset. If your current Preset contains the Steps you’ll be using, it just takes a single CC message to choose your Step…
      CC 115 = Step
      Value represents Step Number, i.e. 1 = Step 1, 2 = Step 2, etc.
      So sending a CC#115 with a value of 2 will take you to the second Step in your current Preset.

Sources:
      https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/view/article/tch/en_US/VoiceLive-3-Selecting-Presets-and-Banks-via-MIDI-228155247

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/6-what-msb-lsb-refer-for-changing-banks-andprograms/

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?14591-Midi-PRESET-Change&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?15866-Voice-Live-3-Set-List-Maker-on-iPAD&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi
      I hope this helps
      • January 11, 2021
    • BenjaminCleek
      PetGerbil None of those musictribe "Sources" go anywhere/timeout... Because this site is "Proudly powered by Potato!"
      • January 11, 2021
      • Voicelive 3 - full MIDI support please!
        PetGerbil And, No. there will be no more firmware updates.
        • January 11, 2021
  • snotice
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

Hi, TC has so many different units incorporating vocal effects that it's hard to know which is best for singer/acoustic guitar. I can't afford $800 for the Voicelive 3 so I back ordered the Play Acoustic at Sweetwater. Meanwhile I see all your videos for that unit are very old (like 7 years) so I'm wondering if the Play Acoustic is old technology by now?  I was attracted by the "Acoustic" in the name but now I'm wondering if I'm going to get stuck, and maybe I should switch my order to a more modern unit before it's too late? Can you make a recommendation and give some insight as to which units are the most up to date? Thanks!

read more...
    0 793
    • snotice
      PedroRodrigues Hi Steve, please be aware that any of the TC HELICON unit are up to at and generally they work with the more recent OS relapsed, another point to consider is the fact that any unit when accompanied by the original invoice will always be covered in warranty by the defined period in the respective territory of purchase. I would suggest to follow the link below to access our products so you can analyze the best option for your needs. Thank you https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/search-results.html?queryStr=voicelive
      • October 26, 2020
      • Is Play Acoustic still supported or obsolete?
        snotice You still didn’t fully answer the question, so i’ll rephrase: Is the Voicelive Play Acoustic (black) still being manufactured? If not, is the Voicelive Play (the blue one with the same form factor) the direct replacement, and does it contain all the same abilities (software) as the Voicelive Play Acoustic? Or, is there some other model voice unit that has replaced both of them - other than the Voicelive 3 which I can’t afford for $800? Even if unsold units of the Play Acoustic are still available I don’t want to buy one if the model is formally discontinued. I only want models that are under current production and are still being fully supported and regularly updated with new software. Please help me make my purchase by giving me straight and complete information. Thank you.
        • October 26, 2020
    • snotice
      PedroRodrigues Hi Steve,Thank you for your reply, Please be aware that at this moment all the Voicelive Play line is not discontinued and as I mentioned on the previous message if you present your invoice and the unit is still in warranty any unit will be supported.
      Please follow the link below to access our TC HELICON Main Page so you can see all the units that are in production, the units that are not in production they will have a warning stating Legacy
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/search-results.html?queryStr=VOICELIVE
      • October 27, 2020
    • snotice
      HaloRecordings snotice. I understand your question and I'm in the same boat. The Play Acoustic (PA) has been out for several years. Too many. I would think there's a new model in the $300 range on the horizon. The VoiceLive 3 is not only out of my price range too, it's way too complicated for my needs. I use the original Harmony G pedal and have been using it since it came out about 10 years ago. I run the Guitar THRU into my pedalboard and I love the pedal. But I want to upgrade to something that has a more accurate harmonies along with guitar effects. The PA comes close to what I'm looking for but it is old and it doesn't have the I/O's I would expect in a pedal at this price point. And a little note to answer your question about the PA being in production. The answer TC gave you was a link to a a list of all "in production" vocal pedals. The PA is not listed. So I would think they are no longer being produced. This may be why I've seen them at lower prices. Get rid of the old stock before the new and improved model comes out. I'm sticking with my Harmony G. If TC does release a new model I hope it has the following: Guitar IN and THRU (to run a guitar to a pedalboard and Amp}. A separate Guitar XLR/1/4 Inch Combo Stereo OUT with the onboard effects. XLR Combo Stereo Vocals Out, MIDI in and USB C. Similar to the Boss VE-8 and VoiceLive 3. Good Luck.
      • February 1, 2021
      • Is Play Acoustic still supported or obsolete?
        snotice thanks for the help and insight
        • November 25, 2021
    • snotice
      Anker73 Also hoping for a new version. I like the idea of the "Global" guitar setting on the PA but then you can't tweak a thing. if you create a preset with some chorus on your guitar it changes EVERYTHING. If you turn off "global" then you have to manually re-do every guitar sound setting on each pre-set just to add 1 little element.
      • Jun 21
  • BigangboBonanno
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-04

I am looking for information on what each parameter means under the Harmony and Double voice choices  ??? For example < Gender , has quite a few choices but no explanation of what each one is suposed to do  ?  Porta ds? Smooth ?  Etc. There are many pages under Harmony as you scroll down and no where do I find explanations of each item I scroll down to > Yes some are self explanitory but quite a few I have no idea what they mean. On The Highs and Lows and Mid range areas it lists certain frequnceys but I I do not know where is a area I should be dialing in for , plus use on an outboard PA these adjustments to EQ mess them up too... . So confusing . Nothing in its booklet or downloads go over any of these parameters.... HELP ????  I tried using the presets given or downloaded but they need fine tuning for my voice. the more I play around and adjust the worse it gets... Does any one know the meaning of these parameters...  Last question is the double part used just to dowble your voice and not create a 2nd harmony for a Duo type song,  for Ex. Think Everly Brothers.  

read more...
    0 775
    • BigangboBonanno
      TCH-Rob

Hi @BigangboBonanno!

I'm going to do my best to list all of the paramaters under Harmony and Doubling and give a brief explanation of what each does. If you have any further questions feel free to ask! I've also attached an eq cheat sheet which might help you to figure out which frequencies you may want to cut or boost. Try using the Voicelive's looper to record your harmonies, and listen to what you want to change about them. Then find that issue on the cheat sheet to determine which frequencies you need to cut or boost. Before changing the eq settings, I would make sure that in the "tone" tab of your Voicelive's setup menu you have the tone parameter set to on, and the shape, compress, and de-ess knobs are set to around 50. This will add adaptive eq and compression to your voice, and you may find that you don't need to add other eq in the harmony menu!

- Lead level: volume of your lead vocal

- Level: volume of harmony effect

- Human Style: determines how the humanize parameter behaves. 

- Humanize: varies the dynamics and pitch of the harmonies to sound more human. Depending on which humanize style you select and what percentage you dial in, this can create anything from subtle variation to an extreme effect. 

- Vib Style: Determines the way that vibrato behaves, e.g. the attack/decay of the effect, the shape of the vibrato, the speed of the vibrato, etc.

- Vibrato: Determines the depth of the pitch and amplitude modulation created by vibrato

- Pan: Determines the stereo spread of the harmonies

- Gender: shifts the formant and register of harmonies without effecting pitch. This control is bipolar; turning the knob left will make your voice sound more "male" and turning it right will make it sound more female. You get seperate control of the gender of each harmony and doubling voice, which is why you see "V1 Gender, V2 Gender, etc."

- Porta (portatempo in double): Effects the amount that harmony notes "glide" between one another. With no porta notes will shift immediately, with porta there will be a glissando between notes. You get seperate control of portatempo on each harmony and doubling voice, which is why you see "V1 Porta, V2 Porta, etc."

- Smooth: Smoothing effects the amount of pitch correction applied to the harmonies. When smoothing is at 100%, harmonies won't be pitch corrected at all, and notes will smoothly transition between one another as they are sung. When at 0%, the harmony notes will be fully pitch corrected and sound autotuned. The downside of 100% smoothing that if a singer is at all pitchy, the harmony notes will be pitchy as well. We've found that the most natural sounding smoothing settings for most singers is between 90-95%. Each voice has individual smoothing control, which is why you see ""V1 Smooth," "V2 Smooth," etc.

Hope this helps!

vocaleq.jpg
      • July 5, 2019
    • BigangboBonanno
      TCH-Rob

@BigangboBonanno , to make simple doubling effects without creating new harmonies, try the "1 voice tight" setting in the "double" tab!

• July 5, 2019
    • BigangboBonanno
      BigangboBonanno

I thought I replied to you when I got this . But apparently it did not accept my reply. I Thank You so much.. I have been using your advice and yes it is getting better.  I have tone off due to when on it gets too distorted when I sing louder even though Green Light on unit stays well below the red , hardly goes into yellow in fact.  and the tone setting on the highs make me sound just too bright and squeaky and a bit of distortion comes in. This is regarless of using Adaptive or not. Yes I tried messing with EQs and I have to almost turn off the highs and bring up lows and mids to get close but still the squeaky ness I cannot get out. Turn tone off and all is better. Yes Tried different Mics. SM 58 , 57 the TC helicon mics and an Audio Technica SM58 Beta type. The shure SM 58 and 57 sound the best to me . I am a tenor but I can go somewhat lower range and can hit some very decent high notes too... I have not messed with the Gender for the ones set on the Harmony I chose are pretty good for me at the moment.  Yes using Natural Play for the guitar chord and my vocal , the pitch on harmony takes a second to catch up for some reason at some very hard times. I  only chose Natural Play for the first vocal and leave the rest alone with nothing on except unison or maybe an octave above.  If I put Natural play on rest of harmonies things go pretty bad.. Yes I tried to dial in the paratmeters , I took off auto tune in main menu , I sing on key prettly well , and left the smooth parameter setting at your suggestions and tried with close adustments there to dial in further but to no avail. Did not mess with Porta , VIb is off, Humanize I try on and off but does not help my issue.   I wiil keep trying. The song I am working on is called Let It Be Me by the Everly Brothers. I have it very very close.... thank you again.   Angelo 

• July 10, 2019
    • BigangboBonanno
      TCH-Rob

Hi Angelo (@BigangboBonanno), 

Let me know how it goes! I'm glad I could be of help. 

Do use the auto mic gain settings on your voicelive? This might help you reduce the distortion you were speaking of. All you have to do is hold the setup button and sing into your mic at performance volume, then press the reverb button. This will set your gain to a level that doesn't clip. 

All the best,

Rob

• July 15, 2019
  • New
    sry110
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-03

Hi All-  I have a question which is hopefully an easy one!  I have a TC Helicon Harmony G-XT (in the Voicetone series) which I have running into a mixer.  The mixer has +48V phantom power option which I have not needed to switch on until now, when I am trying to also run a condenser mic cirectly into the mixer.  My question is, will the +48V phantom power at the mixer inputs have any negative effect on the Harmony GX-T which is connected to the mixer via XLR cables?

read more...
    0 742
    • sry110
      kiskadar69 I tried this with a TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play GTX. There was no problem.
      • January 4, 2021
    • sry110
      kiskadar69 Although there was someone who had a problem with a Mic Mechanic 2:

"Mic Mechanic 2 works fine when phantom from mixer or Fishman Loudbox turned off. When phantom power from the mixer/loudbox is on, the volume of the mic drops by about two thirds. Doesn't matter what mic I use, dynamic like SM57 or condenser like AKG C1000s or Shure Beta 87A. Many mixers don't have individual channel control for phantom meaning I can't use the Mic Mechanic 2 unless that channel's phantom power can be turned off. Tried multiple mics, cables, Mic Mechanic 2 with power supply or batteries. Anyone else having this problem?" (Gerald Jones,2017.11.17.)
      • January 4, 2021
    • sry110
      kiskadar69 This has already been answered in the TC-Helicon FAQ (the question probably concerned a VoiceTone D1):

"Connecting outputs of TC-Helicon products to phantom power inputs

Question: Can I connect the outputs of my TC-Helicon product to an input which has phantom power engaged?
      Answer: Yes, its safe to plug the outputs of any TC-Helicon product to an input which has phantom power engaged. As plugging an output into a phantom power input can cause a current spike, the safest way to set this up is to hook up all cables before powering up the PA/amp. Once all cables are hooked up, power up the TC-Helicon product before the PA/amp is powered up."
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=bbb06d8a-6c30-ea11-a812-000d3a081b66&brand=TC%20Helicon
      • January 4, 2021
  • New
    Frank00
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-22

Does the voicelive play have enough gain for an SM7B mic?  Does it have an onboard preamp? 

0 645
    • Frank00
      DavidKnighton Hello Frank,
      Yes, the Voicelive Play has a built-in preamp with a dedicated control knob. The user manual specifies to use the DYNAMIC MIC setting for dynamic mics like SM58 or OM5. This tells me the device is more or less tailored for use with the more common dynamic vocal mics, but since every person has a different vocal range, the preamp should allow quite a wide range of SPL. Looking at the SHURE SM guide, you can see the SM7B has a much lower output level than SM58 by comparison, so you'll end up using much more gain level on the preamp. How much gain level really depends on the person standing in front of the mic, so it's difficult to give a clear answer. If you're a strong winded vocalist, I would say go for it, but if you're soft spoken, then you may want to do a little more research. Here's a link to the SHURE SM guide for your viewing pleasure.

https://pubs-api.shure.com/file/260007
      • December 23, 2020
    • Frank00
      MartyCansler Hi Frank, did you ever try the voice live play with the SM7B?
      • January 12, 2021
      • TC helicon voicelive play as a preamp?
        Frank00 I can confirm you do not need an additional pre-amp if you have the Voicelive Play and an SM7B. I just tried it. With the Soyuz Launcher and my voice through the SM7B, I turn the input gain to 11-12 o'clock on my Focusrite 2i2 with phantom power on to get a consistent green signal. Using the Voicelive Play and the SM7B, I turn the input gain to the 2 o'clock position (no phantom power required) for a consistent green signal.
        • January 14, 2021
  • Timmossop
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-02

Hey Everybody.

Bit of a noob question, but I can't seem to find an exact answer anywhere?

My question is pretty simple:

* If our band plays a whole tone downtuned (2 x semitones down from A440)

Is the reference for my pitch correction still just default (a440) or do I need to do a manual adjustment to the pedals pitch reference?

Cheers

read more...
    0 626
    • Timmossop
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Timmossop,
      You should be fine and not have to change anything.  Even if you're playing a whole tone down (with guitars tuned to D-G-C-F-A-D), an A4 note is still 440Hz for you guys.  You should be good, cheers!

• October 9, 2019
  • irwiner
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-25

Hello everybody,

I recently purchased the VL3 extreme and am very happy with it. However there are 3 things I cannot find how to do so I am wondering if there is something I have missed, a workaround or it is simply impossible to do... 

1. Looper - When I press Stop track A/B/C button, the track stops instantly. Is is possible to press stop and have the VL3 to stop the track only at the end of it ?

2. Drums - I am really missing the ability to have a set of drums that could be used instead of the metronome for example. Is it possible to replace the standard set of sounds usable for the metronome by another sound? Meaning to navigate in the files of the VL3 and replace the current metronome sounds by other ones ?

Alternatively, I know I can load a drum patern as a backing track or record it with the aux input. However, once this is done, in loop quantize or smart I cannot change the BPM to adjust the pattern speed depending on my needs...I would rather avoid to have 10 backing tracks per drum pattern each with a different bpm.

Do you have any recommendation on how to manage this ?

3. Soud effects guitar or vocals - How can I do to have sound effects on the same preset or even on the whole VL3 to have the same output level in volume ? there are all sort of effects that **bleep**ulate, most of them with pregain and post gain volume options. At the end, hiting the comp, drive or changing the preset can give me a volume level totally different and therefore impossible to mixt together in the looper....

How do you manage this without using a sound level meter in adjusting each effect / preset one by one ?

Thank you all for you help!

read more...
    0 624
    • irwiner
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @irwiner,
      Glad to hear you're liking your VL3X so far.  Hopefully I can help clarify some of these thing for you...

1. There's no way to queue up a loop-stop action, pressing "Stop" will always stop the loop immediately.  This requires a little extra skill/work but you have to time your button press with the end of your loop when you want it to stop.

2. The metronome samples cannot be altered or replaced.  Also there's no way to stretch or squish recorded/imported loops into new BPMs.  So yeah unfortunately you're stuck with having to import drums and dedicate a loop slot to each BPM you think you'll need.

3. Output levels for each preset are managed manually.  There are of course the unit's overall output levels in the Mix menu, but getting each preset's output level relative to other presets is a manual process.  There's no global compressor or something that'll equalize all presets to output at a level similar to each other.  We did our best with the factory presets all to be pretty close to each other's output level, but creating new presets will require you to bounce back-and-forth between a few presets to get an idea of their levels relative to each other.

Sorry this reply turned into "nope, nope, and nope" - if you have any other questions feel free to ask.  Cheers!

• October 3, 2019
  • PigDoc101
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-19

Good afternoon from Blightly!  I have a Harmony Singer pedal and have just bought an "Aston Origin" condenser microphone for home recording.  Is it safe to run 48v Phantom Power through the Harmony Singer to power the microphone?  Concerned I may do damage to one or both by doing so.  Thank you.

read more...
    0 619
    • PigDoc101
      RexBeckett

@PigDoc101 

Hello Phil, welcome to the community.

According to the user manual, the Harmony Singer has an always-on phantom supply on the mic input but I think it is 24V. It will almost certainly not pass phantom from the output to the input. If your mic needs the full 48V, you would need to use an external phantom supply between the mic and the pedal.

Another approach could be to connect the mic directly to your mixer and configure the Harmony Singer in an effects loop (assuming your mixer supports that).

• May 19, 2020
    • PigDoc101
      kiskadar69

The TC-Helicon single pedals do in fact have 24V phantom power that is always on. It's an interesting design decision but ultimately I would prefer a micro-switch to disable it.

Many condenser mics can operate using phantom values from +9V to +52V, though you may find certain condensers will not function, or will not function correctly unless supplied the nominal voltage of +48V. Please note, you will not harm your mic if it does not have enough voltage to power it properly. Microphones designed to operate at 48V phantom power will work at lower voltages with decreased headroom.

• May 21, 2020
    • PigDoc101
      PigDoc101

Thank you for this kiskadar69.  My new condenser has arrived and states that it requires 48V +/-4V to work properly, but I now have confidence to at least try it in conjunction with the 24V suplied by the Harmony Singer without damaging it. 

It does seem an odd voltage to put into the pedal, I would have liked an option of 48V or nothing rather than the permanent 24V, or the ability for the mixer desk or interface to provide 48V phantom power which could run through the pedal - however, not being an electircal engineer I have no idea if this is at all feasible!

• May 21, 2020
    • PigDoc101
      PetGerbil

I've often wondered why, all of a sudden,out of the blue someone decided to change 48v phantom power to

a "new
      hope
      standard" of 24v.

Whose bright idea was that ? for no reason at all,

"Hey everybody, you know that 48v standard for phantom power that we've had for years ? Of course you do,you've spent thousands of pounds on expensive Mic's and pre-amps that all run on 48v...Welllllllll,guess what !! We've changed it !!! It's now more betterer and modernuristic!!!"

Everybody: "Wtf ? why ?....well,i suppose if it's more modernistick. What did you change it to, 9v or 12v ? at least i'll be able to use a guitar power supply..."

Yesssss, that's right!! we've changed it to 24v !!

FFS!! music industry !! says everyone...

• May 21, 2020
    • PigDoc101
      RexBeckett

@PetGerbil wrote:

I've often wondered why, all of a sudden,out of the blue someone decided to change 48v phantom power to

a "new
      hope
      standard" of 24v.

Whose bright idea was that ? for no reason at all,

"Hey everybody, you know that 48v standard for phantom power that we've had for years ? Of course you do,you've spent thousands of pounds on expensive Mic's and pre-amps that all run on 48v...Welllllllll,guess what !! We've changed it !!! It's now more betterer and modernuristic!!!"

Everybody: "Wtf ? why ?....well,i suppose if it's more modernistick. What did you change it to, 9v or 12v ? at least i'll be able to use a guitar power supply..."

Yesssss, that's right!! we've changed it to 24v !!

FFS!! music industry !! says everyone...

@PetGerbil 

Not wishing to spoil your fun but 24V phantom (P24) was added to the DIN standard (now DIN EN 61938) in 1979 - joining the earlier P12 and P48. It was added because it allows better power transfer which was thought to be an advantage with more-complex mics. It was actually recommended for new designs in 1996.

Really only true condenser mics need 48V for polarization. Many mics that use pre-polarized electret capsules will work cheerfully down to 9V. I imagine the designers of these pedals had not thought it likely that they would be used with studio-grade condenser mics...

• May 21, 2020
Go to page