Statistics

289,923 members
172,497 posts
  • New
    Tunes
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-06

How to I turn on phantom power on  TC Helicon Voicelive?

I've been using this voicelive for 6 years now. I used to have phantom power awhile back with a Shure condenser mic. I just bought a Sennheiser e965 which requires phanton power. I did a firmware update and now I don't have phantom power and can't find how or where to get it.

read more...
    0 602
    • Tunes
      kiskadar69 VoiceLive 2: "Setup Menu", "I/O Tab", "Phantom" turns 48V phantom power on and off for use with condenser microphones.

VoiceLive 3: To enable Phantom Power, press SETUP and navigate to the INPUT tab using the < and > buttons below the large control knob. Find the Mic Type parameter and change it to Condenser. Press SETUP to exit.
      • March 6, 2021
  • wavesequence
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-17

I'm wondering if any updates after OS 1.21 are avaliable and where can be retrieved.

Thanks in advance,

ws

1 585
    • wavesequence
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @wavesequence,
      Yes indeed that is the latest and last firmware update for the VoiceWorks Plus.  Hope you're still getting some use out of that thing

• October 1, 2019
    • wavesequence
      arlopete1

I was also searching the internet for an update for my trusty old TC-Helicon Voiceworks Plus as my unit is still on Versions 1.01. I cannot find versions 1.2 or 1.21 and wondered if you could point me to a resource or possibly (out of the generosity of your heart) send the update to me. I have spent endless hours trying to find these updates and I just don't understand why the company does not have them posted somewhere.

Please let me know. Thanks for your consideration.

Pete

• February 17, 2020
    • wavesequence
      Maroliboe

+1
      I also need the latest firmware (I think it is 1.21) for my Voiceworks plus - where can I download it, please advice
      Thanks & greetings,
      Martin

• March 18, 2020
  • Dieb
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-21

Hey there,

I bought the Perform-VE and wanted to install it on my computer.
    Unfortunately there are no drivers available ?!
    I followed the link to download the driver https://www.tc-helicon.com/de/products/perform-ve/support, but there is only a 404 page ...

Can someone help me find the right PC drivers for the Perform-VE?

Thank you in advance

read more...
    0 539
    • Dieb
      Dieb

Does nobody use the Perform-VE with a PC? Does nobody have drivers to help out? I'm slowly despairing of the situation ...

Maybe someone has another idea?

• March 25, 2020
    • Dieb
      isvel

Having the same issue... very frustrating

• March 26, 2020
    • Dieb
      TCH-Rob

Hi @isvel & @Dieb ,

We're currently experiencing website issues and the Perform VE driver and manuals are missing from the webpage. If you check back in a couple days they should be back!  

• March 26, 2020
    • Dieb
      Dieb

Hey @TCH-Rob 

Any Updates?

• March 31, 2020
    • Dieb
      TCH-Rob

@Dieb the manual appears to be back up, but the driver is still missing. I'll get in touch with our web team and see if they can sort it out!  

• April 3, 2020
  • edtullett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-23

Hey guys, I purchased a VoiceLive Touch 2 from you on eBay refurbished recently. It has the blue screen problem and is unusable. I managed to find the mac OS fix, but have tried it twice and it doesn't fix the problem. Please help, as I currently have a product I literally can't use!

read more...
    1 528
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, can I suggest you follow the process in the KB below? Let us know if this works for you. https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/3720
      • September 23, 2020
      • VoiceLive Touch 2 - Blue Screen, Fix not working
        edtullett yes this is exactly what I've tried a couple times, hasn't worked at all.
        • September 23, 2020
    • edtullett
      edtullett any ideas? If I can't fix this then I'm going to need to return the product.
      • September 24, 2020
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, you should try the above suggestion on a Windows Os machine as it may not work with a Mac.
      if after this you are still having issues, as you have acquired the unit refurbished from eBay you need to contact the reseller and request assistance on the unit to hopefully avoid any more trouble in this matter.
      • September 28, 2020
    • edtullett
      jape10 I have same problem...in case 3720 article is no any softeware file so where can I find it? Just Blue light on...
      • November 17, 2020
  • New
    chess200
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-01

Trying to find out the difference TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 and TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 extreme. For purchase.

0 527
    • chess200
      PedroRodrigues Hi Chris, please be aware that the between the Voice Live 3 and the Voice Live 3 Extreme, the core layout of the pedal is identical and the top portion shows the same features and for the most part the features don’t either.
      Generally, these pedal works in “layers,” with a dedicated footswitch to change between controls for vocal effects, guitar effects and the looper, and the user can store one setup in each layer, so a set of vocal effects and guitar effects, and an associated loop in a Preset.
      There are 250 factory presets and room for 250 more of your own.
      The amount of storage space is one of the biggest differences in the Extreme version.
      The 4 GB storage space on the Voice Live 3 has been quadrupled to 16 GB on the Voice Live 3 Extreme, this is particularly useful because the Voice Live 3 Extreme adds the ability to store backing tracks.
      You can import any backing tracks from a USB stick and choose to associate one of them with a Preset instead of a loop, and then when you switch to the looper layer the pedal will go into backing track playback mode instead.
      For more information please follow the link below to access a video for the Voice Live 3 and the Voice Live 3 Extreme:

https://youtu.be/6wl9B6Rg5f4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHGaaqeO3ew
      • December 1, 2020
    • chess200
      voodoofuzz IMHO, the s/h value of these units is almost identical yet the extreme has so many more advantages - it would be crazy to choose the VL over the VLX.!
      • April 11, 2021
  • TacoZwart
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-06

And sorry Spencer I forgot to ask you something else . . . I have a little hisss issue with my VoiceLife 2 Extreme . . . Despite multiple input gain and output level checkings/settings (on the unit and my PA mixer), I always get this low level, high frequency (?) fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. My mic (Shure SM58) directly into my Bose T4S Tonematch Mixer and L1 Model 2, no hiss or fffff at all. As soon as I plug my Mic into my VL2 and from the VL2 into the Mixer and L1 . . . ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff . . . Even only with the dry sound without any VL2 effects or harmonies . . . I use the VL2 in mono with the dry signal out of output 1 and the wet (harmonies only) out of output 2. Of course when I activate the harmonies the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff gets louder. I have the feeling that it's just the way it is, that the VL2 simply adds this ffffffffffffff, but if you'd have a suggestion or solution, please let me know (and same issue with other mixers and PAs). Have a nice day, Taco 

read more...
    0 520
    • TacoZwart
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @TacoZwart,
      Hope you don't mind I moved this new topic to its own post.  After a quick search of our Knowledge Base I found this article, is it possible you have the auxiliary input level turned up?

• November 6, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TacoZwart

Hi @TCH-Spencer

Thanks for the research and link. All inputs a part from the guitar IN are Off, and my case is event weirder than the one described in the article, because when I bypass the unit (tuning mode, no outputput at all, the hiss is even louder !

Any other suggestions ?

Cheers,

Taco

@TCH-Spencer wrote:

Hey @TacoZwart,
      Hope you don't mind I moved this new topic to its own post.  After a quick search of our Knowledge Base I found this .article, is it possible you have the auxiliary input level turned up?

• November 11, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TCH-Spencer

Hi again @TacoZwart,
      The fact that going into the "Bypass + Tuner" mode makes the hiss worse makes me suspect that it's on the vocal channel.  If you've muted your vocals during normal operation, then going into the bypass mode will un-mute the vocals and pass them through with no effects except for Tone.

It's possible this noise is just inherent to your unit, but I do have a couple ideas that might be worth checking.  First, you're not sending phantom power to a dynamic mic are you?  If your microphone is a dynamic mic, ensure you have phantom power turned off in the Setup menu.  Also another thing that's helped users in the past is plugging everything in to the same electrical circuit in your home or studio space or wherever your setup is.  Not necessarily going as far as plugging it all in to the same power bar (although this could be a worthwhile experiment) but having all your gear on the same circuit can help.

• November 12, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TacoZwart

@TCH-Spencer wrote:

Hi again @TacoZwart,
      The fact that going into the "Bypass + Tuner" mode makes the hiss worse makes me suspect that it's on the vocal channel.  If you've muted your vocals during normal operation, then going into the bypass mode will un-mute the vocals and pass them through with no effects except for Tone.

It's possible this noise is just inherent to your unit, but I do have a couple ideas that might be worth checking.  First, you're not sending phantom power to a dynamic mic are you?  If your microphone is a dynamic mic, ensure you have phantom power turned off in the Setup menu.  Also another thing that's helped users in the past is plugging everything in to the same electrical circuit in your home or studio space or wherever your setup is.  Not necessarily going as far as plugging it all in to the same power bar (although this could be a worthwhile experiment) but having all your gear on the same circuit can help.

Hi @TCH-Spencer,

To answer your questions, no I'm not sending or using phantom power. The setting is turned off.

And all my gear is on the same power circuit (and even same power bar) . . . I guess that the noise is ingherent to the unit, but is it just mine ? The VL2 Extreme in general ? But I don't consider it as "normal" . . . With my HArmony Singer 2, I don't have this "ffffffffffffffffffffffff". . . I'd love to be able to try in paralel a second unit. If I'd need to sebnd my unit for repair, where do I need to send it to ? Thanks for your help, Taco  

• November 17, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @TacoZwart,
      Damn then I'm kind of running out of ideas... I have a VoiceLive 2 here, it's not the Extreme version but they are the same hardware with only software differences, anyways our VoiceLive 2 isn't noisy.  This might just be a physical issue with your particular unit, like a dying capacitor or something like that.  Getting in contact with our support team (via this link) could be a good idea.  They'll be able to help you troubleshoot the issue further, and discuss possible repairs or replacement if necessary.  Good luck!

• November 18, 2019
  • New
    thisisjust9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-22

My TC Helicon Play Acoustic is ON with blank blue screen. I tried "Factory Reset", it did not work. I tried to do it using Voice Support 2 app (MacOS), also no success. The app showed pop-up warning that "another app is using the unit". I have searched far and wide throughout my Mac system and there was no single app was using the unit (except Voice Support 2). 

I found this solution: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/my-tc-helicon-voicelive-play-acoustic-is-only-showing-a-blue-screen/

I managed to download the Sysex Librarian as suggested in the article. But, I could not find the firmware: PlayAcoustic 1.0.04 BUILD21 MIDIOX.syx

I have searched everywhere, with no success. Not even in TC Helicon official site!!! (What a shame, Helicon!!! Why not simplify your whole customers support system?)

Please, anybody, help me! I need that firmware file to fix my unit.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 516
    • thisisjust9
      Dale_M Hi there please can you go to the Support tab above and select Technical so one of our team can assist you? Many thanks.
      • September 22, 2021
      • Tc Helicon Play Acoustic Stuck in Blue Screen. Where is the firmware file?
        thisisjust9 I did already. And no reply yet.
        • September 22, 2021
    • thisisjust9
      PedroRodrigues Hi thisisjust9, please follow the link below to access all the guidance and tools for this process https://wsi.li/dl/qdmxqKYtDSTCcMXsF/ Thank you
      • September 22, 2021
        sinru Hi Pedro, I have download your file, but the firmware is 1.4.00, it didn't work well for me. And the YouTube video is a private video. Could you please upload a former firmware like 1.0.04 and make the video openly? Thanks a lot!
        • ·
        • September 29, 2021
        markojezic Hi Pedro, I have the same problem with the blue screen on Play Acoustic. The link you put in the last comment is no longer available, so please send me a new link to try to resolve the issue according to your instructions.
        • ·
        • October 14, 2021
        PedroRodrigues Hi markojezic Please see the link requested below: https://wsi.li/dl/TuZdx6C9tkm5JhhNZ/ Thank you
        • ·
        • October 14, 2021
        PedroRodrigues Hi sinru, please confirm your unit so I can look in to this matter. Thank you
        • October 14, 2021
        David13 Hello Pedro, I am facing exactly the same issue as Thisisjust9with or Markojezic with that frustrating permanent blue screen on my Play Acoustic... Unfortunately all the links you put in the discussion above are no longer available. Would you be OK to send me a new link so that I can get access to all the guidance and tools for this fixing process ? Thanks a lot for your help !
        • November 13, 2021
    • thisisjust9
      thisisjust9

Dear Pedro, you're the best!!! I will do it now, and try to restore. Will let you know the result soonest. Thank you, thank you very much.

• September 22, 2021
    • thisisjust9
      PedroRodrigues Hi thisisjust9 please confirm on your computer if you have any MIDI tools ruining and check Google Chrome tools for MIDI devices that may be runing.
      • September 22, 2021
        thisisjust9 Dear Pedro, thanks for all the help and suggestions. I managed to solve all the above issues. As for the TC Helicon Play Acoustic unit, I reinstalled firmware: PlayAcoustic 1.0.04 BUILD21 MIDIOX.syx using SysEx Librarian. It didn't work well first time. I repeated it once and decided to complete the process with "factory reset". Somehow, it works! So, thank you very much!
        • ·
        • September 22, 2021
    • thisisjust9
      snotice As of 11/25/21 I still cannot get the firmware download from any link you've provided so far. Apparently Thisisjust9 got it but maybe you sent it to him privately. I need the one for Mac.
      • November 25, 2021
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-21

I know there's an auto-gain function for voice, shown here https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1160677/Tc-Helicon-Voicelive-3-Extreme.html?page=21. The page mentions one for guitar too, but when I follow the instructions, it only guides me through vocal auto-gain? Can I set auto-gain for guitar also? How? Thanks

read more...
    0 483
    • ChrisF
      PetGerbil

Hold the "Setup" as per usual, The second little knob from the left, Underneath where it says "calibrate mic." Give that a twist, Should take you to Calibrate guitar. Then twist the first little knob to "Automatic"

• February 22, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

@PetGerbil thanks again! I also RTFM'd this one and it didn't mention about twisting the knob, but I should've assumed if there's a label for a knob I can twist it to get a different setting.

• February 23, 2020
  • New
    HaloRecordings
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-28

I'm primarliy an acoustic guitar player and vocalist. But I do use my electric on a number of songs. I currently use the TC Helicon Harmony G (I've been using it for 10+ years). The Harmony G has a Guitar thru jack, so I take the thru out on the Harmony G and plug my acoustic or electric into my pedalboard which has a boost, OCD, TC-Electronic Delay, Chorus and Reverb pedals. Obviously I don't use the OCD or boost with my acoustic.

Because the Play Acoustic has the TC Electronics Delay, Chorus and Reverb built in, why couldn't I use my electric too?

I could run the Play Acoustic guitar output into the boost and OCD, then into an Amp, or PA.

The only issue I see is the guitar output on the Play Acoustic. There is no thru jack, only an XLR. I do have an XLR to 1/4 inch TS. Would that work? 

Has anyone used there electric with the Play Acoustic?

read more...
    0 475
    • HaloRecordings
      PedroRodrigues Hi HaloRecordings, please be aware that as the name of this unit points out, the unit was developed to work with acoustic guitar and effectively you have other units on the TC HELICON PLAY that my be more suitable never the less and considering your description it may work if you use the Guitar right output using a XLR to TRS input. Please consider that any adaptations may cause issues but effectively I think it may work. Thank you
      • February 3, 2021
  • New
    Tata92
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

Hi! My TC Helicon Voicelive Touch 2 screen is broken. Some curious can recommend me if there is a fix, or if there is any software to view? (I can't see anything, but the touch keyboard works.) I appreciate the help. Thanks!

0 473
    • Tata92
      Nigel67 Hi Tata92. If you are getting the blue screen after power up, please see this knowledge based article
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=ed7cb513-9388-ea11-a811-000d3ac693d8&brand=TC%20Helicon
      If the screen is actually broken, then please send a ticket to our Service Team and they can book the unit in for repair. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you.
      • April 5, 2021
      •  Voicelive Touch 2 screen is broken.
        Tata92 Hey Nigel, thanks for helping me out, appreciate it! I tried the link, but it is really broken. I will write to support. Meanwhile, do you know of any app to view the screen while working on the TC?
        • April 6, 2021
Go to page