Statistics

289,920 members
172,494 posts
  • djmorgan17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-11

New thread.  So I'm trying to learn VoiceLive3 and got to say I think the manual sucks.  It was only after bumbling around on Google trying to find out how portamento and smoothing were handled on the VL3 that I found a random reference and pulled down the VL2 manual.  WHY THE HELL isn't all the good stuff that's in the VL2 manual about the effects of all the different harmony controls and settings also in the VL3 manual?!?!?  Why do I have to bumble around to stumble on it in an older manual?   Not good TC Helicon.  

And since there's a difference between VL2 and VL3 and the VL3 manual is woefully incomplete... can someone please tell me:

Is the "Midi" harmony mode on the VL3 the same as the Midi Notes 4 Chan harmony mode on the VL2?  If not, is there a way to make the VL3 let me hit on the keyboard the exact harmony notes I want sung ?  And does the octave matter?  Does it actually place the harmonies on the real note(s) I play (like C4 E4 G4, or does it transpose the notes to some in range octave (which would let me play the harmonies I want with my left hand while I played something different with my right)?????    

(Also - is the 8 voice midi controlled harmony of the VL2 not available in the VL3?  If this is TC Helicon answering - why did they kill it?  was it overkill, as in no one used 8 voice harmonies?)     

Thanks for any assistance.

read more...
    0 321
    • djmorgan17
      kiskadar69 It is not mentioned in the VoiceLive 3 manual, but there should also be Notes mode:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfqqTnhLJCg
      • September 13, 2020
    • djmorgan17
      kiskadar69 "Does it transpose the notes to some in range octave (which would let me play the harmonies I want with my left hand while I played something different with my right)?"
      In Notes ("Manual") mode, older TC-Helicon devices have modified the received Note On octave according to a global parameter. In VoiceLive 3, IMO this is the SETUP / TRANSPOSE parameter (TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Reference Manual, page 152). You have to try.
      • September 13, 2020
  • New
    SteveCarlson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-09

Hi people,

Just curious how do i go about connecting external effects pedals such as wah wah and Boss BD-2 blues driver in the helicon chain as when i have tried this the sound i get borders on atrocious, total shit and WTF..

Can someone help me please..

Cheers Steve

read more...
    0 314
    • SteveCarlson
      Dale_M Can you advise how you are interfacing the external FX with the VL3? At what point in the chain are they being connected?
      • June 9, 2021
    • SteveCarlson
      SteveCarlson

Hi Dale, I've tried guitar to wah then bd2 then to guitar input of VL3.. also guitar to VL3 guitar input then guitar output to bd2 no wah.. and still crappy sound.. having a look at a vl3 video wondering if the prepost gains are to high and its clipping the hell out of it. cheers Steve..if its not that i'm stumped

• June 10, 2021
  • TCH-Spencer
    Triber Alumni
    2019-10-29

Hey folks,
    Just getting the word out that we've relased updates for the Perform-V and Perform-VK mobile apps on iOS.  Users were having issues using the apps after the update to iOS 13, but our team has  created, tested, and released the fix.  Here are the release notes:

• Fixed audio beam crashes caused by iOS 13
    • Fixes to some layout and graphical glitches
    • Greatly improved Audio beam success rates on iPhones, particularly X and XR, audio should only come out of the Bottom speakers now. Issue was the ear speaker was also playing the sound and conflicting. Note this also dramatically lowers the required volumes to transmit the data with Audio.

If you haven't already been prompted to update, you can find the Perform-V app here, and the Perform-VK app here.  Cheers!

read more...
    3 312
    • TCH-Spencer
      BobCacciatore

Though still unable to 'beam' via audio. (iPhone XR iOS 13.1.3)

Perform VK via a lightning to USB adapter works like a champ. 
      Instant downloads- click a preset and in a half second you can audition it. This greatly expands the V series in terms of harmony intervals, variable auto-tuning, and I assume radical Tone settings. Also of note a massive firmware improvement that now allows the Aux and Instrument inputs to mix only into the VK's headphone out. Thus you can monitor your voice and instrument in the headphones but only your voice with effects goes to the PA (House) mix. A+!

• October 29, 2019
  • New
    Seemam3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-05

I own a TC Helicon Play Acoustic vocal processor and love it. I'm considering buying a SingThing as a portable practice amp. I love the presets on the Play Acoustic and am trying to find a list of presets on the SingThing but can't find it anywhere in the documentation or on the website. I have a few favorite Play Acoustic presets I'm hoping are on the SingThing before I purchase. Is there a list out there that I am just not seeing? Thanks!

read more...
    0 307
  • themomus
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-02

I've been searching around and can't seem to find any definitive answers on this. Can you double the speed of your loop on the voicelive 3 or the voicelive 3 extreme? I use to use the Line 6 M9 stompbox for my looping and there was a halftime setting on it where you'd record your loop at half time then return it to normal speed doubling the tempo of the loop. Is this available on the voicelive 3s? Also, what about reverse? And is it possible to sync either pedal with any other loopers?

What are the differences between the voicelive 3 and the voicelive 3 extreme?

If these questions don't describe these pedals do you have any recommendations for me to look into? 

THANKS!

read more...
    0 300
    • themomus
      TCH-Rob

The Voicelive 3/Voicelive 3 extreme's loopers can both be synced via midi, but neither has time shifting or reverse capability. The Voicelive 3 extreme can do effect automation and backing tracks, and it also has more loop memory than the regular Voicelive 3. Other than that, the VL3 and VL3x have identical effects engines and interfaces. 

Hope this helps!

• July 2, 2019
  • Beppe1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-23

Hello, I'm sorry for my english, I would like to buy a voicelive, but I can't decide between the voicelive 2, the 2 touch and the 3 extreme. The thing that interests me most is the completeness and quality of the vocal effects. Could you tell me which of these machines is the most complete and performant from a vocal point of view? I also play the guitar, with the same characteristics on the vocal effects, I would choose the machine that I can also use with the guitar (but not if I have to compromise with the voice effects). I will be grateful to anyone who wanted to answer me.

read more...
    0 299
  • rondallowens
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-25

Hi there,

Just wondering if there's anything out there that specifically shows how to edit presets on the Harmony G-XT with the Voice Support 2 application? Not much that I can see as far as using these two together, specifically. How deep can you edit the presets and/or how do you create your own presets using Voice Support 2 (or can it even be done)?

Also, I've upgraded the firmware to the most current version and I've seen one video and some user references to pitch correction now being added to the G-XT via this firmware upgrade. Not a whole lot of official news on this rollout or how to use it as far as I can tell. So, looking for some info on this.

I see quite a lot of videos and stuff for Voice Live, should I be looking into this vs. Voice Support? Is Voice Live even used with the Harmony G-XT?

I like the unit for what it is, I'm just wanting to know if it's more of a WYSIWYG vs. a deeper editing/creating of user presets kind of thing.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 292
    • rondallowens
      kiskadar69 1. VoiceSupport 2 does not allow you to edit presets in detail.

2."Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction which gently corrects your pitch without the need to set key and scale. Double clicking the Tone button activates or de-activates Pitch Correction independently of the Live Engineer Effects.
      The Tone button indication modes are as follows:
      Only Tone active:Tone LED glows solidly.
      Only Pitch Correction active: Tone LED flashes on periodically. Will flash quickly for a moment when engaged
      or disengaged.
      Both Tone and Pitch Correction active: Tone LED glows solidly but flashes off periodically."
      (TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT Product Manual, page 12)
      • September 25, 2020
  • ThomasJungi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-26

Hello.
    I will use the TC-Helicon voicelive touch2 as an audio interface. In the technical specification is written that the VLT2 has a 24 bit DA/AD. There exists no asio driver for the VLT2 so I have to use the asio4all driver. It works with this driver. But the asio4all tells me that the input and output has only 16 bit DA/AD. How can I achieve that the asio driver will work with 24 Bit for the VLT2?
    Thank you  for your support.
    Thom

asio4all-vlt2.jpg

read more...
    0 291
    • ThomasJungi
      KenMitchell

Hi @ThomasJungi , 

I suspect the 24 bit AD/DA is referring to the internal processing and not the USB audio interface.  I can't find anything in the documentation that specifies the USB audio spec.   44.1-48k, 16bit is CD quality which should be fine for most applications.  I only use high bitrates when I know I'm going to be doing some precision editing of the audio.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• January 26, 2020
  • DavidDove
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    I've been experiencing a few problems with the Voicelive 3 extreme recently. I start off recording a loop and it gradually goes out of sync and I'm not sure if its something to do with Tempo Locking or if there's another setting I need to adjust. Also sometimes when I finish an overdub and I pressed 'End Overdub' and start to play over the loop I just created, there's a bit of the recording on the overdub I just played live and I've no idea why. I've set the voicelive in the looper to to Queue Overdub off so I can start recording anywhere in the loop from say track A. I'm just wandering would it be that when I start and end recording if I haven't recorded quite enough would that bleed over be still recorded even when I press the End Overdub button.
    read more...
    0 287
  • MicheleMancusi
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-18

Hi everyone, I have a Strymon Ojai R30 power supply with a 12V and 375mA output. Can I use it to power Voicelive Play even if it requires 12V and 400mA? Can there be problems? Thank you!

0 287
    • MicheleMancusi
      KenMitchell

Hi @MicheleMancusi , 

The 25mA difference is not likely to damage the power supply but you need to be careful to make sure the power supply you have is "Center Negative". 

Look for a symbol on the power supply similar to what's on the back of the VL Play.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 1.43.43 PM.png

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      MicheleMancusi

Hi @KenMitchell,

thanks a lot for your fast and precise reply. So this 25 mA difference is also safe for Voicelive Play? 

Thank you again so much.

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      KenMitchell

Hi @MicheleMancusi ,

The risk is actually to the power supply since it can only put out 375mA of current and the VLP could draw as much as 400mA.  It's very unlikely that the VLP actually needs the full 400mA and if it did, the power supply would likely just dip the 12V output a bit to compensate.   Watch out for any "glitchy" type behavior that may indicate the voltage dipping too low but I doubt you'll have any issues. 

The negative center pin for the VLP is more of a concern since they make power supplies that have either a negative or a positive center pin.  Using the wrong polarity could damage the VLP. 

Ken

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      MicheleMancusi

Hi @KenMitchell

you have been very kind. Thank you very much for the explanation and for your time. See you!

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      KenMitchell

HI @MicheleMancusi ,

I just looked at the Strymon website and it says the Ojai R30 power supply is 24V not 12V. 

Double check that before you plug it in. 

Ken

• August 18, 2019
Go to page