Statistics

294,408 members
177,510 posts
  • themomus
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-02

I've been searching around and can't seem to find any definitive answers on this. Can you double the speed of your loop on the voicelive 3 or the voicelive 3 extreme? I use to use the Line 6 M9 stompbox for my looping and there was a halftime setting on it where you'd record your loop at half time then return it to normal speed doubling the tempo of the loop. Is this available on the voicelive 3s? Also, what about reverse? And is it possible to sync either pedal with any other loopers?

What are the differences between the voicelive 3 and the voicelive 3 extreme?

If these questions don't describe these pedals do you have any recommendations for me to look into? 

THANKS!

read more...
    0 304
    • themomus
      TCH-Rob

The Voicelive 3/Voicelive 3 extreme's loopers can both be synced via midi, but neither has time shifting or reverse capability. The Voicelive 3 extreme can do effect automation and backing tracks, and it also has more loop memory than the regular Voicelive 3. Other than that, the VL3 and VL3x have identical effects engines and interfaces. 

Hope this helps!

• July 2, 2019
  • stephensmiles
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-15

Hi.

Ploease could someone respond to my case ref: CAS-144682-T0G1X5 which I opened 10 days ago.  I am trying to locate a spare part.

This is no urgent.

0 297
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Now urgent
      • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      john0121 Hi Stephen, I'll have a look at this and make sure someone reaches out today. Apologies for the delay.
      • October 15, 2020
      • Unresolved service case
        stephensmiles Thank you
        • October 15, 2020
      • Unresolved service case
        stephensmiles Hi John. Is the below suggesting that I order a part? Hi. The dial on the top of my unit no longer works. I felt a click and then it worked no more. Are you able to provide a replacement circuit board? I have previously enquired about this on ticket ref CAS-88398-X1W5B1 and was sent a link #googtrans(en|en)" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en)">https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en) which brought me back here. Please can you help me to source a replacement part Y32-00001-75577----Replaces TC part# 7E34001611 Old MT part # Q09-00001-62920
        • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      john0121 Hi Stephen, My colleague Dani has picked up on your case and sent you a quote for the requested part. Check your inbox and spam just in case.
      • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Thanks John. All sorted now. Much appreciated. I have another question. I'm about to buy a condenser mic, probably a Rode NT1 or Aston Origin. Both require 48v phantom power. Will my Voiceplay live support this?
      • November 4, 2020
  • DavidDove
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    I've been experiencing a few problems with the Voicelive 3 extreme recently. I start off recording a loop and it gradually goes out of sync and I'm not sure if its something to do with Tempo Locking or if there's another setting I need to adjust. Also sometimes when I finish an overdub and I pressed 'End Overdub' and start to play over the loop I just created, there's a bit of the recording on the overdub I just played live and I've no idea why. I've set the voicelive in the looper to to Queue Overdub off so I can start recording anywhere in the loop from say track A. I'm just wandering would it be that when I start and end recording if I haven't recorded quite enough would that bleed over be still recorded even when I press the End Overdub button.
    read more...
    0 292
  • New
    DaveBarnes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-02

TC Helicon voice live 3 extreme |

Regrettably I reset my VL3X to factory settings thus losing the FX Automation preset of "Amazing Grace". Reading through these discussions I read that Pastor Leroy Wlliams also had had the same problem 2020-07-08.

I couldn't find any reply, so looked Online and found :-

https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/5132. It explains that the preset is not embedded in the firmware because it would quadruple the size.

A download link was made available via DropBox, but this no longer works. I would really appreciate it if this download could be reupped or made available to me in some other way.

read more...
    1 291
    • DaveBarnes
      PedroRodrigues Hi Dave, please be aware that VL3X ships with included FX Automation for "Amazing Grace" for male vocals. The preset will be available for free download via VoiceSupport.
      • December 3, 2020
    • DaveBarnes
      DaveBarnes Thanks Pedro for responding so quickly. I'm afraid I don't know how to find the preset on VoiceSupport 2. Can't find it in the Cloud listing and Find Preset has no result if I put in "Amazing Grace". I'm old,this is new to me and I'm clearly I've got a lot top learn
      • December 3, 2020
    • DaveBarnes
      DaveBarnes Sorry to be tedious but I have looked at numerous videos and tutorials but am still unable to find the free download for FX Automation for "Amazing Grace" for male vocals. Would it be possible to send me the link please or clarify the steps required to download via Voice Support 2?
      • December 4, 2020
    • DaveBarnes
      PedroRodrigues Hi Dave, Its a pleasure to help, please follow the link below to download VOICESUPPORT https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      • December 4, 2020
      • Amazing Grace FX Automation preset  lost in Factory reset
        DaveBarnes Hi Pedro
        I followed the link you just sent and have downloaded Voice Support 2 for the second time and failed again to find the FX Automation preset of "Amazing Grace" .

It does not seem to be listed in VL3X Presets: 264/500.

Preset 10 is SING-A-SYNTH and not "Amazing Grace" Can you please tell me where I can find it?

Regards
        Dave
        • ·
        • December 4, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Dave please select Preset 10 and press the HIT footswitch, which in this Preset is associated with the Backing Track playback function, so it is shown as “Track” in the display.
        You should now hear “Amazing Grace
        • December 4, 2020
        DaveBarnes Hi Pedro. I have faithfully followed all your suggestions several times without success. The FX Automation preset of "Amazing Grace" is not included in VL3X Presets: 264/500 and does not seem to be on my machine any more. Can you please or anyone else able to, who reads this repost the .pkg file suggested as a solution in Knowledge Base Home . https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/5132. The link no longer works.
        • December 5, 2020
    • DaveBarnes
      reudischer Hi Dave, hi Pedro, I have the same problem. I bought a new VL3X and the automation preset of amazing grace is not included ond preset 10 (very disappointing). It would be nice, if someone coud send a new link for the download. Thank you and regards :-)
      • February 3, 2021
  • MicheleMancusi
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-18

Hi everyone, I have a Strymon Ojai R30 power supply with a 12V and 375mA output. Can I use it to power Voicelive Play even if it requires 12V and 400mA? Can there be problems? Thank you!

0 289
    • MicheleMancusi
      KenMitchell

Hi @MicheleMancusi , 

The 25mA difference is not likely to damage the power supply but you need to be careful to make sure the power supply you have is "Center Negative". 

Look for a symbol on the power supply similar to what's on the back of the VL Play.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 1.43.43 PM.png

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      MicheleMancusi

Hi @KenMitchell,

thanks a lot for your fast and precise reply. So this 25 mA difference is also safe for Voicelive Play? 

Thank you again so much.

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      KenMitchell

Hi @MicheleMancusi ,

The risk is actually to the power supply since it can only put out 375mA of current and the VLP could draw as much as 400mA.  It's very unlikely that the VLP actually needs the full 400mA and if it did, the power supply would likely just dip the 12V output a bit to compensate.   Watch out for any "glitchy" type behavior that may indicate the voltage dipping too low but I doubt you'll have any issues. 

The negative center pin for the VLP is more of a concern since they make power supplies that have either a negative or a positive center pin.  Using the wrong polarity could damage the VLP. 

Ken

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      MicheleMancusi

Hi @KenMitchell

you have been very kind. Thank you very much for the explanation and for your time. See you!

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      KenMitchell

HI @MicheleMancusi ,

I just looked at the Strymon website and it says the Ojai R30 power supply is 24V not 12V. 

Double check that before you plug it in. 

Ken

• August 18, 2019
  • RandyB
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-13
    I am trying to set up my MIDI Baby 3 to turn on and off harmonies on my Voicelive Touch 2 with a CC message and not having success. I have emailed Disaster Area and await a response. All the commands seem to be sent out right. I duplicated what gets sent from the onboard harmony switch on the VLT2 and a Switch 3. I am hoping there is someone who has been successful doing this. There is a twist that may be a hint. If I connect a 5 pin MIDI cable and turn on MIDI rather than USB on the VLT2 it works. The messages sent are a little different though. There is a Merge setting on the VLT2 that allows Midi on both USB and 5 pin but when that is on the VLT2 does not get the PC message when I swipe to the next song. For that to work it must be set to USB. I have posted to Facebook group, nothing so far. MIDI Baby 3 is sending up and down page CC commands to my iPad running BandHelper. Looking for suggestions.
    read more...
    0 288
    • RandyB
      leah Hey Randy! It looks like William from our Customer Quality Support team has reached out to you via email. Please check out your email inbox and respond to William's email for further assistance. Thanks!
      • June 19, 2020
    • RandyB
      RandyB Hi Leah, he has and I appreciate the time. here is my response, Hi William,

From Page 69 of the manual:
      MIDI CTRL parameter

The MIDI CTRL (Control) parameter defines which ports (USB and/or the physical MIDI input) are used byVoiceSupport soft- ware and for MIDI keyboard input and control.

Merge setting (default)

When you set the MIDI Control parameter to Merge, a computer running VoiceSupport software can be connected to the USB port to control and update the device. MIDI notes, control messages and MIDI Clock are received via the physical MIDI Input jack on the device.

MIDI setting

When you set the MIDI Control parameter to MIDI, the USB port is ignored. MIDI notes and control messages are received via the physical MIDI Input jack on the device.You can also use MIDI System Exclusive messages on the MIDI Input jack to import presets using librarian software on a computer.

USB setting

On this setting, the physical MIDI In is ignored.The USB port on the VoiceLive Touch 2 is used for both VoiceSupport and MIDI notes and control messages.

Here is my problem. If I choose MIDI in my settings I can turn off and on the CC changes for harmonies with my MIDI pedal, however I loose the ability to make Program changes so swiping to the next song to load the appropriate harmonies is lost. If I choose USB the opposite occurs no Harmonies off and on CC, Program changes work.

This statement from the manual means this should work hence I believe the device is not working as sold., .The USB port on the VoiceLive Touch 2 is used for both VoiceSupport and MIDI notes and control messages.

In response to your statement, "I believe it is usb in or midi in but not both."I know that it can do this from software because I was previously using click/backing tracks with MIDI through BandHelper on my iPad and the MIDI messages from the USB port to the VLT2 worked. Both CC and PC messages worked.

So it seems to me that this should work though the USB from the MIDI Baby 3 which is sending the correct info as can be seen by the fact that it gets through MIDI.

I see this as a broken function on a current product that needs to be repaired.

I have owned several TC Helicon Harmony pedals and I want to keep using them but this means I need to look elsewhere to get something that should be working according to our manual.

Hope to hear from you, happy to talk via Skype, ZOOM or phone,

Randy
      • June 20, 2020
  • New
    Daglow
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-10

I have a voicelive 2, but when I plug my midi keyboard controller in it nothing happens.  I have turned on the midi function and held the 2 switches down to recognize the channel.  Still nothing happens.  I have used the software and it sees my keyboard but there is an x at the bottom and unlit.  

I am hoping I am doing something wrong and the midi portion is not broken!

read more...
    0 286
    • Daglow
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Daniel Daglow, please, connect a MIDI cable between your keyboard’s MIDI out and VoiceLive 2’s MIDI IN. Play a note on your keyboard and check VoiceLive 2’s display to see if the MIDI indicator lights. If it doesn’t, set the MIDI transmit channel of your keyboard to 1,VoiceLive 2’s default or perform the following quick MIDI receive channel procedure.
      Hold the PRESET up and SHORTCUT footswitches briefly to enter MIDI Setup.
      Press any note on your keyboard. This will automatically configure VoiceLive 2’s
      MIDI receive channel to match your keyboard’s.
      Tap the SHORTCUT footswitch to exit.
      You should now see the word MIDI flash in the main display when you play your keyboard.
      You can also set MIDI channel manually in the MIDItab of the SETUP menu.
      MIDI IN and USB To use the MIDI IN while you have a USB cable connected, press the SETUP button, locate the SYSTEM tab and turn the USB CONTROL setting to OFF.
      This will enable the MIDIIN. Alternatively, you may also remove the USB cable to access MIDIIN.
      When you want to restore computer control of VoiceLive 2 over USB, or you want to access the VoiceSupport application’s features, you can turn the USBCONTROL parameter back to On.
      In the Mac and Windows operating systems, you can select VoiceLive 2’s audio device in your workstation program by name.
      In some Windows DAW apps, however, the name of the audio device may be “USB Audio Device”. USB And MIDI Control To use VoiceLive 2’s MIDI IN jack for harmony, preset change or realtime control while USB is connected, enter the I/O tab in the SETUP menu and set USB CONTROL to OFF.
      USB audio will function normally, but MIDI will only be accepted by VoiceLive 2’s through its MIDI IN port. To re-enable VoiceSupport’s features and reception of MIDI from your DAW, turn USB CONTROL to ON.
      To access VoiceSupport please follow the link below:
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP" target="_blank" title="" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP">">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP" target="_blank">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      • January 11, 2021
    • Daglow
      Daglow WoW! "MIDI IN and USB To use the MIDI IN while you have a USB cable connected, press the SETUP button, locate the SYSTEM tab and turn the USB CONTROL setting to OFF." That fixed the problem and some dust! Big thanx!
      • January 11, 2021
  • BenoitBesson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-22

Hi,

I just published a voice live touch 2 instrument for ableton live. It allows controlling the TC Helicon product as if it were integrated as an ableton Instrument. I hope it can helps other users. So I share it here :

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/5567/tchelicon-voice-live-touch-2

Working on Voice live touch 1 and Voice live rack are discussed there.

Ben.

read more...
    1 282
  • New
    ShaneWebb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

Thanks for your time, my Voicelive Touch 2 has the following issues.

I have removed the protective film, updated and tried different power sources as well as having nothing else attached to the unit

1. wont factory reset, pressing the two buttons during power up yields nothing.

2. the hit button intermitantly freezes the system and needs to be restarted (see linked vid)

3. the looper intermitantly starts up and behaves effactly also freezing the system (see linked vid)

link to video

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BFHditjofaB6kFFJ9

Shane

read more...
    1 281
    • ShaneWebb
      PedroRodrigues Hi ShaneWebb In this case an as a first approach I would suggest performing a factory reset.
      To restoring the factory settings of TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch 2, you must power up the unit. Then hold the LEFT BOTTOM and LEFT TOP Matrix buttons while the display shows text until the display shows the initialization message. The Factory Reset procedure is complete.
      Please see a video by following the link below:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiIcwTFHJhM I hope this helps
      • September 26, 2021
    • ShaneWebb
      ShaneWebb Thanks Pedro though I did this reset and another firmware update and the looper and hit button are still buggy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu5yVeWAvAo
      • September 26, 2021
    • ShaneWebb
      FILIPASOUSAMUSIC Hi! I hope you don't mind I use this post, but I guess I'm having similar problems. A few months ago I noticed my voiceLive Touch 2 was not working properly. I tried the updates, restored the factory settings... the only thing that works is the sound, I can't get any effects or harmonies... The warranty is already finished, so, if anyone can help me and recommend a place where can I try to fix it in Portugal (or Europe)... Thanks in advance!
      • October 13, 2021
      • Voicelive touch 2 issues
        PedroRodrigues Ola Filipa, o meu nome e Pedro Rodrigues e eu trabalho para a MT o que eu sugeria seria seguires o link em baixo e seguires o guia presente da pasta zip para executares um REBOOT e fazeres um update a tua unidade. Espero que ajude. https://wsi.li/dl/WtCvtoXexsmBqW5Ac/ Obrigado
        • October 13, 2021
  • ColinChettlebur
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-10

Hi all.

I currently have a Play Acoustic and upgrading to VL3E. However hard I look, I can't find reference to Bodyres on VL3E. Is it not there?

Also, can I export settings from my Play Acoustic the VL3E?

Moochas grassy ass.

read more...
    0 277
    • ColinChettlebur
      TCH-Rob

Hi @ColinChettlebur ! 

VL3x's bodyrez settings are found in the guitar amp section; if you scroll throught the amp styles you'll find 5 bodyrez styles at the end of the list. 

You aren't able to export Play Acoustic settings to VL3x but it should be fairly straightforward to recreate them. 

Hope this helps!  

• February 10, 2020
Go to page