Statistics

294,585 members
177,696 posts
  • AdrianaGarrido
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-29

hi, guys

I'm using the morningstar MC6 controller to send midi clock to VL3X and to control other drum machine by footwitch. I followed the setup suggested on a BeatBuddy thread (bellow) but still couldn't get the looper totally in sync. I noticed that you really can't stop and start again the beat generator (BB or any other) because of the downclock, but even when I just let the beat playing along with the loop, it seems to slightly drift from the inicial tempo over a few bars.

any thoughts? that's veeeery frustrating

SETUP>MIDI
    Source: MIDI PORTS
    Midi Tempo: ON
    Input Channel: 1
    Output Channel: Off
    Input Filter: None
    Output Filter: None
    Transpose: O
    Pitchbend Range: 12
    Split Note C-1
    Split Direction: ABOVE
    Vibrato Boost: MANUEL
    SYSEX ID: 0

LOOPER SETUP
    Current Slot: 1
    Mix Looper to NP: Off
    Auto Met On: On
    Auto Met Mute: On
    Odub Decay: 98%
    Queue Odub: Off
    Met Follows Playback: Off

I'm running FW 2.2.00 BUILD 366

Here is a video to demonstrate. Note that after a while, the metronome drifts from the original tempo, but if I stop the loop and start it again, it goes back to sync.

https://youtu.be/MSqq-WKVUxM

read more...
    0 277
    • AdrianaGarrido
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @AdrianaGarrido,
      Sounds like you're pretty close to getting this working.  Which "Sync" setting are you using in the looper?  I'd recommend using the "Quantize" setting if you aren't already.  Page 153 of the manual has some relevant information on this topic too.  Cheers!

• December 5, 2019
  • Azlinon
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-13

I'm trying to track down the latest firmware.  I don't run Windows or Macintosh, so a USB flash seems to be the way to go.  I can't seem to find these firmware images posted anywhere publically like most companies would.

I managed to find a firmware for build 366 (2.2.0) in a user post.  Does anyone know if this is the most recent firmware available?  If not, would you be able to provide a link, please?

I tried support earlier today, but some web forms were giving Salesforce server errors.  The others seem to be refusing submissions due to a missing product category selection in a disabled control.  I could not find a phone number.

Thank you!

read more...
    0 277
  • nitsirkpp
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-20

When in midi notes mode, the harmonies on my VL3X will sometimes shift sharp or flat. Humanization is off, I'm holding notes on my midi keyboard, and as soon as my voice moves, the harmony notes shift out of tune. The harmony notes that sound sholud reflect what I'm playing on my midi keyboard, not what I'm singing. Why is this happening?

(view in My Videos)

read more...
    0 276
    • nitsirkpp
      TCH-Aaron

Hi and welcome to the forums, @nitsirkpp !

A very good find and thank you for the great video demonstration. You've actually managed to confound us here at the office!

With the Male Notes mode you're in you should be hearing the same 4 notes that you're playing, yet we only hear the lowest note. Something like this may happen in 4Ch Notes mode and if your were to hit the lowest note first on the keyboard however that would not explain the tuning adjustment.

The tuning adjustment you're hearing would be consistent with NaturalPlay or Key&Scale mode as there are three temperents to choose from; Equal, Just, and Barbershop. I can produce a similar tuning adjustment when playing the came Db chord and singing Eb to F as you are by selecting only Bass Voice. But again, you're not using this mode.

Does this happen if you switch the Harmony mode to say Female Notes instead of Male Notes? Do you have any other keyboards or a computer that you could send the notes from?

Again, I'm not sure why you're not hearing all the voices. I'm hoping we can find the issue and avoid a factory reset. Let me know what you find.

Best Regards, 
      Aaron

• January 21, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      nitsirkpp

Hey Aaron,

The issue is not that all four harmony voices are not sounding - they are. The issue is that the tuning of the harmonies is shifting around as my voice shifts. As you said, this shouldn't be happening in Notes mode - the Helicon voices should remain static as the notes I'm playing on my midi keyboard are static. I've tried this with Female voices, and with another midi keyboard, and the same thing happens.

• January 22, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      kiskadar69

Maybe it's caused by a faulty Pitch Bend wheel. For VoiceLive 3, set the MIDI / Pitch Bend Range parameter to 0.

• January 24, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      TCH-Aaron

Ha, shoot, I see now I wasn't listening hard enough. The 5th and two octaves above were tough to pick out! So that eliminates VL3 being somehow stuck in NaturalPlay or Key&Scale mode, and therefore temperment being the issue.

I copied your settings that I could see and tried it with a factory-reset VL3x but the pitch stayed stable.

We also thought perhaps a faulty pitch wheel. But the harmony moves with your sung note and even if the pitch wheel was out of calibration the pitch should stay constant. 

Could you try moving the Smoothing parameter value up to 100% and then back down to 0% to ensure it's really doing what it's supposed to do. At 0% harmonies are fully pitch corrected. an 100% harmonies have no pitch correction. It's a very confusing parameter, barely talked about in the manual.

Lastly, are you able to connect the VL3x to a computer with VoiceSupport 2? If you could export send me a backup All Presets and Setup Data then I'll load it on a VL3x here at the office for further troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Aaron

vl3backup.PNG
      • January 28, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      nitsirkpp

Hey Aaron, thanks for helping with this and sorry it's taken me a minute to get back. I got a new keytar, thinking it could be the issue, but nope - still happening. I exported the patch that's being funky - how can I send it to you?

• February 18, 2020
  • Elden
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-31

Just checking to see if there's a tweak or hack to make the Perform VEs LEDS less intense. Currently their brightness could interfere with stage light design if the Perform VE is placed on a mic stand by a vocalist. Especially if the stage is meant to go dark, but the unit still keeps shining on a vocalist's face from below - pretty weird

I saw some other model had a hardware update fix for this, is there something similar for the Perform VE?

read more...
    0 274
    • Elden
      Empeda

Hi there - there was a firmware update for the Perform-V which I have, not sure about the VE.

If you haven't already, download VoiceSupport 2 and see if there's a firmware update for your device.

On the Perform-V, when the update is complete, a tap on the 'Set' button then allows you to change the brightness using the central dial.

• September 6, 2019
    • Elden
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Elden,
      Unfortunately it isn't possible to adjust the brightness of the LEDs on Perform-VE.  The other pieces of the Perform series did receive an update to adjust their brightness (with the "Set" button), but Perform-VE's user interface is so overloaded with multifunctional buttons we've run out of places to assign new features and thus didn't add a brightness adjustment for the VE.  Sorry

• September 6, 2019
  • New
    OldManZero
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

I recently came across a VoicePro rack unit and know that there was a 2.0 of the computer software (Vyzor) that was released for it in early 2009.  I can't seem to find a copy of it anywhere on the internet.  Additionally, there is zero mention of the VoicePro rack unit anywhere on TC-Helicon's site and no support documents are available.  

Is there a way to get a copy of that software?  I know there were issues with an outsourced company (Psicraft) but they are also out of business and have no website or active links that host the software.  

Any insight as to how this software may be acquired?  Thanks,

- Marc

read more...
    0 270
    • OldManZero
      PedroRodrigues Hi Marc, please follow the link below to access the Vyzor 2.0 for Mac and Win https://wsi.li/dl/Khpx6rhM44aQTmjcL/
      • December 3, 2020
      • Vyzor 2.0 Software for TC-Helicon VoicePro
        OldManZero Thank you, Pedro. However, this appears to be the TC Electronic G-System version of the software and not the TC-Helicon Voice System version which I need.
        • ·
        • December 3, 2020
        OldManZero
        • ·
        • December 3, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Marc, I'm sorry, but unfortunately the VoicePro is a legacy for some time unit so its no easy to search for any resources for this unit. I will try to source it on your database . Thank you
        • December 4, 2020
        OldManZero Did you have any luck finding this? Thanks.
        • December 22, 2020
    • OldManZero
      Erra I have Vyzor for Voice Pro, the problem is that it was free but you had to go to Psycraft website and register the product to get a password. Psycraft is offline and Wayback Machine doesn't allow to retrieve the password. So no password, and since it was free no cracks no passwords anywhere. Vyzor was a part of Midi Quest, which is still available to purchase, version 11 doesn't work with Voice Pro, up to date version 12 works but it is ridiculous expensive for what it does. So unless someone can manage a password for Vyzor which was free at the time, no editor is available, unless programming another software alternatives such as CTRLR
      • January 1, 2021
  • PatrickJE
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-31

Hi folks,

I was bored to manually prepare the .WAV loop files for transfer to my VoiceLive3. So I developed an app, running on Mac and PC .

What it does:

- create , check ,  clean or delete  the VL3_Loops folder on the USB flash stick used for transfer to the VoiceLive ( for Mac users: automatically remove the .DS_Store files )

-automatically rename your .WAV loops whith the choosen pattern SLOT#_TRACK_VOC  or SLOT#_TRACK_GTR

Attached is the main screen screenshot ( Mac version).

So tell me  if you are interested in...

Patrick

VoiceLive VL_LOOPS.jpg
    read more...
    0 268
    • PatrickJE
      TC-Mike

Hi Patrick,

thanks for sharing. i move your message to a releavant product forum, so more people can see it.

Best regards,

Mike

• October 28, 2019
  • Remslive1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-29

Anyone out there still have a firmware update file (or know where to find it) for the Ditto Mic Looper? Mine died and TC Helicon doesn't supply it anymore since they discontinued the product. 

1 263
    • Remslive1
      leah Hello Tom Fridrich,

The Ditto Mic Looper has never had a firmware update. If you are experiencing issues with your device, please start a Care Ticket by clicking the Support link at the top of this page. We'll be glad to help!

Thanks!
      • September 29, 2020
  • SteveSalamone
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-21
    0 262
    • SteveSalamone
      SteveSalamone

Don't they realize it's almost impossible while playing a keyboard or guitar to look down and press a little Harmony foot-switch. If it came with something like a damper pedal, your foot could rest over the pedal and when you need harmony, etc. you don't have to look down to engage it.

• February 20, 2020
    • SteveSalamone
      ChrisF

As guitar players, we're used to stomping on little buttons. We can't live without them, LOL.

• February 21, 2020
    • SteveSalamone
      SteveSalamone

I'm sorry I have to disagree. I think TC missed the boat on this one. When you are singing into a mic, you don't have time to look down for small little push button switch. A mediim sized foot pedal with your foot resting over it is what I would have included in VoiceLive 1. If you are playing keyboards, do you really think you can even see the foot-switch? A major over-sight on TC's part in design practical features.I got a pedal to work but it was a pain in the ass. They want you to buy the FW6 which is the same silly thing. Those little buttons don't work for a singer that needs harmony through out a song. C'mon man, wake up TC.

• March 6, 2020
    • SteveSalamone
      TCH-Rob

Hi @SteveSalamone ,

footswitches are the current standard for keyboard and guitar effects; one would be hard pressed to find an example of a product that doesn't use footswitches or that has a better alternative. One alternative is the Behringer fcb1010; it's a midi controller with large foot buttons and two treadles which you could map to the VL3, this would give you a ton of flexibility and easy control. 

• March 10, 2020
    • SteveSalamone
      PetGerbil

(adopts pantomime voice....) Oh no you can't ! 

You can't map the treadles to the VL3,cos the VL3 doesn't respond to the Midi that the fcb sends.

(as i stare at my fcb, sitting lonely in the corner, not being connected to anything....If only the Vl3 could respond to my midi advances. It mutters...tearfully.)

• March 11, 2020
  • PictureMeFree
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-27

Hi,

when I power in my vl3x, the input meters show maxed out to the red even though nothing is plugged in. I tried plugging in a mic and a guitar- no change. Rebooted to factory settings- no change.

unit has been kept in pristine studio condition, and is completely unusable at the moment. Any help would be appreciated! 

read more...
    1 259
    • PictureMeFree
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @PictureMeFree,
      Since the factory reset had no effect, there may be something physically wrong with your unit.  Please get in contact with our support team, they'll be able to troubleshoot further with you and discuss repairs if necessary.  Good luck!

• June 28, 2019
    • PictureMeFree
      Chrodrig

Did they ever solve this issue? I have the exact same problem. 

• August 7, 2019
  • MaishaBrend
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-08

I've been using this Perform V for live performances for a couple of months now. I like the unit, its fun to use, but I seem to keep having the same problem over and over again. During a show, my mic will either cut completely out, or it will garble and make a static like sound while I'm singing. It happens when I have effects on or when I don't have any effects on. We've adjusted gains, changed the wireless channels, switched mics, we've exhausted every single thing we can think of and we still have this issue. It happens in our full band, and also in our duo, which is low key, not as much "oomph" - so I don't believe its a gain issue. I set the gain before every performance for the room and set up, and I monitor it throughout the show, it hardly ever leaves 'green'. I'm at a total loss. 

I use a wireless Sennheiser 835 and run the input/output cables to the board and the wireless receiver. It works wonderfully, except for this cutting out issue. I was told that using a wireless mic should have no issue, but I'm wondering if they were wrong. Any ideas?

EDIT - I tried using the Perform V with a wired mic last weekend and still had this issue. Is it possible my unit is defective?

read more...
    0 258
    • MaishaBrend
      TCH-Rob

Hi @MaishaBrend !

Is there any chance it's the wireless mic that's cutting out? 

What's the order of your signal flow? Is it mic into Perform VE into mixer?

• February 12, 2020
Go to page