Statistics

294,690 members
177,812 posts
  • New
    Xeraphixos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-21

Hello everybody,

I want to perform hands-on, modifying in real-time the effects of VLX3. Is it possible to control the device externally via Midi knobs, especially with Arturia Beatstep or iOS TouchDesign ( CC/SysEx )? 

Please help me with suggestions. Thank you.

read more...
    0 12
    • Xeraphixos
      PedroRodrigues Hi Xeraphixos, thank you for your post, please ponder that this is a not official configuration process, due to the use of External tools but I can recommend you attempt the following implementation that we have confirmed with other customer that works.
      The below works successfully when triggering VL3X from Linkesoft Songbook via iRig MIDI2 interface.
      Triggering commands are entered on the Songbook edit page which operates in chord pro hence {} brackets.

Syntax
      {midi:CC32.# PC#}
      Where CC32 is the bank number and PC is the program preset

Bank 0 runs from 1 - 128
      Bank 1 runs from 129 - 256
      Bank 2 runs from 257 - 384
      Bank 3 runs from 385 - 513 Note VL3x only has 500 presets

Also note midi starts at 0 and not 1
      This is important when you want a particular preset. The PC entered needs to be -1 from the preset you want

Example for preset 1
      {midi:CC32.0 PC0}

Example for preset 129
      {midi:CC32.1 PC0}

Example for preset 257
      {midi:CC32.2 PC0}

Example for preset 385
      {midi:CC32.3 PC0}

Calculating presets:
      If you want preset 208 on the VL3x
      208 - 129 (which is starting number in the bank 208 falls into) = 79
      So syntax would be {midi:CC32.1 PC79}

Again:
      If you want preset 494 on the VL3x
      494 - 385 which is starting number in the bank 385 falls into) = 109
      So syntax would be {midi:CC32.3 PC109}

Its worth again noting on the VL3x the preset needs to be active to be selected. If there's nothing on preset 498 then the VL3x does not change when command is sent from the page on songbook you have chosen.

I hope this helps

Thank you
      • May 24
  • New
    molul
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-11

I'm a happy VoiceLive Touch user, and I'm a bit worried that, whenever the unit stops working (it's 8 years old now), the only alternative seems to be the VoiceLive 3 Extreme, which is a bit "bigger" in terms of functionality and more expensive than what I'd need (I don't really need the guitar part as I have a Helix LT for that). 

I mostly use the VL Touch for harmonies, delay and reverb, and I've tried using the uMod block, but I've not found anything I really love so far.

Here's what I would love TC-Helicon to make someday, coming from VL Touch and VL 3 Extreme:

-A floor unit (I play guitar while singing, so I prefer changing things with my feet instead of my hands), as small as possible (i.e.: Line6 HX Stomp).

-USB-MIDI connection for sending MIDI commands to change presets or enable/disable effect blocks (VoiceLive 3 Extreme only has MIDI). Regarding MIDI commands, adding commands to enable/disable harmony voices would be so handy, in order to avoid having 3 presets that are identical except for the enabled harmony voices. I heavily use the MIDI commands to automatically change stuff while playing live, and while I used the Switch-3 for some time, having everything automated is way more comfortable when you play guitar.

-Monitor out (jack+XLR in the same socket).

-FX chain customization (for instance, I'd like that delay and reverb process the harmonies as well).

-More and better modulation effects.

-Total control on compression and noise gate.

-A much more intuitive user interface. I might be biased by the Helix LT, but it's probably the easiest to use multieffects I've ever owned. VL3 Extreme's LCD panel would be enough, but a small screen like Line6 HX Stomp would rock.

-No guitar section. I understand it's useful for many people, but a "vocals-only" version would be very welcome, both for reducing the price and for not having something you don't need. All-in-one solutions are cool, but I don't think all singers need the guitar section on the VoiceLive products. 

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    mchugh48
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-24

Hello Folks,

I am seeing a dramatic decrease in Volume when running my Guitar and Mic through TC Helicon Live Play Guitar into my Fishman LB amp.  I have to turn volume up on the amp greatly to get enough volume.  Does anyone know what settings need to be tweeked to correct this?

Input/ Output settings?

Thanks, Randy McHugh

read more...
    0 12
    • mchugh48
      PedroRodrigues Hi mchugh48, thank you for your post, form your description I would assume you are referring to the TC HELICON VOICELIVE PLAY.
      This pedal was designed to be connected directly with a Desk or a PA system .There are 3 settings for the OUTPUT

1 . STEREO – XLR outputs receive a stereo mix of all voices and other inputs .
      2 . MONO – A MONO full-mix signal is on the LEFT and a DRY vocal is on the RIGHT .
      Any Tone and Pitch Cor Amt settings from the Setup menu are included on the RIGHT DRY channel .
      3 . DUAL MONO - A MONO effected voice signal (all voices) is on the LEFT and AUX is on the RIGHT.

This is great for sending music to one channel of a PA and Vocals to another, especially in a Karaoke situation.
      Vocal Cancel – Attempts to remove the vocals from a piece of music .

There are two settings:

1 . OFF – No processing is performed on the aux input .
      2 . ON – Processing occurs to attempt to remove lead vocals from a piece of music .

This process can create “Karaoke” style music for you to sing along to, including key information for harmony generation.
      The processing capability can vary quite a bit from song to song, depend- ing on the way the song was originally mixed .

Lead Mute – Mutes the Lead vocal and only outputs processed signals .

There are two settings:

1 . OFF – Lead vocals are routed to the main mix .
      2 . ON – Lead vocals are removed from the main mix .

Digital Out Level – Controls the USB output level .

Headphone Lim – Controls the level at which the headphone output limiter engages.
      Levels closer to 0db allow for louder headphone output levels.
      • May 25
    • mchugh48
      mchugh48

Thank you very much for that detailed explanation. What I did was do a factory reset on the Box and that seemed to fix the problem

• May 25
  • New
    lizcomo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-06

I am at the very beginning stages of setting up this voice box and I cannot adjust the mic control setting. It displays as N/A. According to the manual, there are 4 settings. I was able to adjust settings on the other items but not this one. Thank you. 

read more...
    0 11
    • lizcomo
      kiskadar69 Before doing so, set SETUP / Input / Mic Type to "MP-75" (or "MP-76" if you have such a microphone).
      • Aug 7
    • lizcomo
      PedroRodrigues Hi lizcomo, thank you for your post, when you press Setup, the VoiceLive Play enters a menu, which is comprised of 6 pages and controls the general functions of the device.
      Amongst those function you have the Mic Type that allows you to select the type of microphone.
      There are 4 settings:
      DYNAMIC MIC– for dynamic mics (like an SM-58 or OM5)
      CONDENSER MIC – for condenser mics (like a Beta 87A)
      MP-75 MIC - for use with our MP-75 microphone, which has an onboard switch to control various functions of your VoiceLive Play, such as the HIT or LOOP functions. *Mic Control defaults to HIT when MP-75 is selected.
      USB – Digital audio can be passed to the VoiceLive Play via the USB port. You can select USB Left or USB Right, allowing you to send vocals from a DAW, in mono, to the unit.
      It is important to take under account that on Input control you must select Mic Control, that sets the action associated with the Mic-Button.
      There are 4 settings:
      HIT – The mic button controls HIT in any patch that has a HIT function assigned.
      HIT + TALK - Pressing the mic button engages the HIT function. Pressing and HOLDING the mic button engages TALK mode, bypassing all effects. Press again to exit TALK mode.
      PRESET UP – Cycles through the presets, moving forward through the menu.
      LOOP – Activates or De-Activates RECORD/PLAY/O-DUB for Looping. For Looping.
      Once you’ve connected your microphone and selected the Mic Type (Dynamic, Condenser, MP-75), use the Mic Gain Knob to set the input level for your microphone.
      As you increase the level, pay close attention to the LED on the top of the VoiceLive Play. You want the input to light Green.
      It’s OK if the LED sometimes lights Yellow, but it should never turn Red. If it does turn Red, reduce the level. Red means the input is overloading.
      • Aug 9
  • New
    Stereo75
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-19

How does the global hardtune affect the presets?

If the preset doesn't have a key for harmonies etc assigned. Does it just work chromatically ?

I like the natural effect in the hardtune section but would like ability to knock it back.

E.g if I set the global hardtune to 20% what exactly happens?

read more...
    0 11
    • Stereo75
      PedroRodrigues Hi Stereo75, thank you for your post, can you please specify what Voicelive are you referring to ?
      • Jan 19
      • Voicelive Hardtune global behaviour ?
        Stereo75 Voicelive play
        • ·
        • Jan 19
    • Stereo75
      Stereo75

• Jan 19
    • Stereo75
      PedroRodrigues Hi Stereo75, thank you for your post, the Global Key will set the key to be used with harmony generation and/or pitch correction and when a key is chosen within a preset, that key will remain when the preset is changed.
      The same thing will happen when you select the Hardtune Effect and you have the Global Key On.
      When the Global Key is OFF Key can be set per individual preset, via direct key setting (C, D, F# etc.), Room Sense, or Auto.
      I hope this helps
      Thank you
      • Jan 29
  • New
    Makoprowski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-06

Hi :) I'm an owner of a voicelive 3 and I have a problem with reverb. No matter what I do with settings of any reverb i can't hear any difference, like it just doestn work. I tried to change settings, decay etc but there is no difference. Maybe someone could help me with this, thank you

read more...
    0 11
    • Makoprowski
      PedroRodrigues Hi Makoprowski, thank you for your post, first you must confirm that you have edit the Reverb on the Global Preset, by default is Preset no.491. Then go to each Preset where you would like to use the same Reverb, go to Reverb settings and change the Global parameter to On, allowing you to use the Reverb settings from the Global Preset on the chosen Preset.

Please Tap the Reverb footswitch to turns the Reverb effect ON or OFF to confirm that the configuration was successful.

This effect can be configured and used separately for the Vocal and Guitar layer.

It is vital to check the Vocal and the Guitar Reverb effect block/tab.
      Each of the Vocal and Guitar Reverb effect blocks offers a big number of parameters that allow you to adjust this effect.

It is also important to confirm how have you set up the Reverb on the Effects Mix to adjust the overall sound of your presets. The Voc Reverb will control the overall level of the Vocal Reverb effect across your presets while the Guitar Reverb will perform the same function as Voc Reverb for the Guitar Reverb in all your Presets.

Please follow the link below to access a video guide that will help you on this matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE1syW6mx3Q

For more information please check the product page for your unit:

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CDY

Thank you
      • May 7
    • Makoprowski
      Makoprowski

Reverb works on guitar section only.

• May 7
    • Makoprowski
      Makoprowski Hi Pedro I did all steps you wrote, but reverb doesnt work on global settings also, reverb se tion works only with guitar. On vocal nothings change, no sound of reverb at all, any advices? Thanks
      • May 9
    • Makoprowski
      PedroRodrigues

Hi Makoprowski, thank you for your reply, in that case I would suggest to follow the link below to submit an assistance request directly to our Tech support Team so we can assist you with more tools. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=TCHelicon Thank you

• May 11
  • New
    rgowan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-08

I use a Voice Live Play for recording.  I want to use the aux in to feed audio that will modify the harmonies.  I don't want the aux in signal in the mix , just the vocals.  I tried a zero setting for the aux in but it did not eliminate the aux in signal.  Does anyone know how to take the aux in signal out of the final mix?

read more...
    0 11
    • rgowan
      PedroRodrigues Hi rgowan, please see below the parameters available for the Harmonies on your unit:
      Level – Controls the overall level of the Harmonies. Press the right-upper soft button to select this parameter and use the control knob to adjust the level. 0dB is the maximum volume for the effect.
      Key – The most important setting for any harmony generation is the key. Get it right and things sound amazing… get it wrong and they sound, well, bad.

There are two Key modes:
      1. Auto – Key information is taken from the AUX input, if present, or the currently set Key if there is no AUX signal.
      2. Room Sense – Key information is pulled out of thin air! If your VoiceLive Play is near or on a keyboard, guitar or other chord-based instrument, the mics inside the Play will attempt to determine key information from the audio received.
      This setting is best used in a single instrument environment where the Play is located close to the instrument being played.
      • Feb 11
  • New
    HenningBerthold
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-06-29

Hi. I have a question - I have a Voicelive Touch (not Touch 2) and a Switch 3 - there are some options which functions can be controlled with the switch - but - can I assign them differently? I would like to switch harmony, delay and another effect with it. many thanks for the help. LG

read more...
    0 11
    • HenningBerthold
      WilliamR There are 8 preset configurations you can use that are assigned in the settings. They are preconfigured to the scenarios on the list
      • Jun 29
      • Voicelive Touch ans Switch 3
        WilliamR 1 Harmony/Favorite/Loop
        2 Loop/Stop/Undo+Redo
        3 Loop/Left button/Right button
        4.Talk/Banks/Favorite
        5 Harmony/Banks/Fav
        6 Harmony/10s/1s
        7 Talk/10s/1s
        8 Harmony/Stop/Loop
        • ·
        • Jun 29
    • HenningBerthold
      HenningBerthold

I thank you. I am aware of this function. that means you can't freely adjust right ?

• Jun 30
  • New
    Fluteranger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-18

Hi everyone, I just bought TC extreme 3 today, and trying to setup step by step, i use this processor for my flute sound instead of singing.. one important effect i try to get is a one octave high. well flute have a 4 octave range, for the 2 lower range of flute, the processor is doing well, but next to octave 3 and more the sounds is a bit weird, the sounds effect is not getting more high but suddently drop to the lowest pitch.. any one can help me with this problem? maybe explaination why, or TC just have a very limited frequency respons from the input pitch? thank you.. 

read more...
    0 11
    • Fluteranger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Fluteranger, thank you for your post, Effectively the VL3X was primarily designed to be used for Vocals and Guitar but that does not means that it could not be used on other profiles. On your description I could not understand if what you are describing happen when you use the unit with a Mic set up or using Natural Play? Thank you
      • November 21, 2021
  • New
    dave13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-13

bonsoir, je suis branché en usb, j'ai installé le software pour Mac mais impossible pour le voicelive 3 de reconnaitre la machine

0 11
    • dave13
      PedroRodrigues Bonjour dave13 merci pour votre message.

Comme je l'ai mentionné dans le post ci-dessus, veuillez confirmer si cette situation se produit lorsque vous connectez votre VL3X directement à un ordinateur via USB 2.0 en évitant l'utilisation d'un adaptateur USB ou d'un HUB USB. J'espère que cela aide. Merci
      • Feb 19
Go to page