Statistics

294,583 members
177,693 posts
  • New
    obrys
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-12

HI,

I'm useing Voicelive 3 extreme but I'm looking for something in Rack format. I'm thinking about buying used Voicelive Rack and selling Voicelive 3 extreme.

Could you tell me please what are the diffrences in hardware and software in those 2 units? Besides the guitar stuff - I dont mind about it. For example: are preamps in those units are the same? Are processors are the same? Does effects sounds the same?

Thank you in advance.

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    Wannjlw
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-24

I am contemplating using a TC Helicon VoiceLive Play as an effect with a H&A QU32 digital mixer.  Here is what I have in mind reading the manual.  Does this seem right?  My goal is lead vocal (dry) into unit from  the mixer and only harmonies/effects return (wet) to the mixer.  If you can suggest another TC Helicon product that might do better than the VoiceLive Play let me know.

Scenario

Aux in for musical input for harmony generation from mixer (line level) using "Live" setting

Mic Input with vocal to be processed from mixer (can a line level be used instead of a mic level)

Left Out - Dual Mono-a-Mono   Voices Only with "Lead" mute "on" so only the harmonies come through

Right out - nothing, not needed

read more...
    0 11
    • Wannjlw
      PedroRodrigues Hi Wannjlw, thank you for your post, your proposed set up for the VOICELIVE PLAY seems to be configurable, nevertheless please take in to account that the VoiceLive Play Mic Input only accepts Mic Level. In this case you can attempt to use an adaptor that will help you manage the signal discrepancies, but please consider that is not an officially supported solution and we cannot guarantee the results. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • May 24
  • New
    LucV
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-06-16

Is there a site that does a product comparison between the VoiceLive 2 and VoiceLive 3?

I have the 2 and am curious to know what extra features that the 3 has.

Thanks.

0 10
  • New
    jwilliamsmusic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-15

Hi there! It seems that since the firmware update that increased loop length, the quality of the recorded audio has noticably decreased, specifically with a loss of high-end detail.

It would be great to see an option to restore the original, shorter loop length and maintain audio fidelity.

Thanks for reading!

read more...
    0 10
    • jwilliamsmusic
      PedroRodrigues Hi jwilliamsmusic, on the last update released for the Play Acoustic there is not significant changes to the Loop that might justify any of the issues you have reported. Nevertheless I will investigate what you have reported and return with my conclusions Thank you
      • Jul 16
  • New
    rgowan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

When I plugged a source into the aux in I went to the mixer and turned off the output of the aux.  however, the audio source still comes through.  How do I get that out of the final output?   I only want the aux signal to affect the harmonies but not be included.  

read more...
    1 10
    • rgowan
      PedroRodrigues Hi, rgowan thank you for your post, please take in to account that the Voicelive play only offers the following 3 settings for the OUTPUT:

1 . STEREO – XLR outputs receive a stereo mix of all voices and other Inputs.

2 . MONO – A MONO full-mix signal is on the LEFT and a DRY vocal is on the RIGHT.

Any Tone and Pitch Cor Amt settings from the Setup menu are included on the RIGHT DRY channel.

3 . DUAL MONO - A MONO effected voice signal (all voices) is on the LEFT and AUX is on the RIGHT.

This is great for sending music to one channel of a PA and Vocals to another, especially in a Karaoke situation.
      Vocal Cancel – Attempts to remove the vocals from a piece of music.

There are two settings:

1 . OFF – No processing is performed on the aux input .

2 . ON – Processing occurs to attempt to remove lead vocals from a piece of music .

This process can create “Karaoke” style music for you to sing along to, including key information for harmony generation.

The processing capability can vary quite a bit from song to song, depending on the way the song was originally mixed .

Lead Mute – Mutes the Lead vocal and only outputs processed signals .

There are two settings:

1 . OFF – Lead vocals are routed to the main mix .

2 . ON – Lead vocals are removed from the main mix .

Digital Out Level – Controls the USB output level .

Headphone Lim – Controls the level at which the headphone output limiter engages.
      Levels closer to 0db allow for louder headphone output levels.

Thank you
      • Feb 12
  • New
    Hollerfeld
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-03

How to factory reset VoiceLive 1

1 10
    • Hollerfeld
    • Hollerfeld
      PedroRodrigues Hi Hollerfeld, thank you for your post, please consider that to reset the VoiceLive back to factory settings you will need to do the following 3 resets, each resetting different things:

Resetting the system parameters involves resetting all global settings not stored in presets, like in/out volume, compressor settings etc:

Hold the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys down and insert the powercable into the connector on the back.
      The display should now read “VWF PSDC Firmware v0.23”.
      Let go of the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys and turn the encoder wheel until the screen reads “Reset sys param?”.

Hit EDIT to confirm.
      Wait until the display reads “Clear/reset done”.
      Remove the powercable from the unit to turn off the VoiceLive; put the powercable back into the connector to turn it back on.

Clearing all presets deletes all settings stored in the presets, like settings for the pitch-correction, the harmonies, the effects etc:
      Hold the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys down and insert the powercable into the connector on the back.
      Let go of the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys and turn the encoder wheel until the screen reads “Clr all presets?”.

Hit EDIT to confirm.
      Remove the powercable from the unit to turn off the VoiceLive; put the powercable back into the connector to turn it back on.
      Clearing all songs deletes all settings stored in the songs in SONG MODE, like the chord/root and preset chosen for each song step in each song:

Let go of the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys and turn the encoder wheel until the screen reads “Clr all songs?”.

Hit EDIT to confirm.

Your VoiceLive has now been reset to full factory settings. Thank you
      • Apr 4
    • Hollerfeld
      Hollerfeld

Thank you for your message. Factory reset worked very well

• Apr 5
  • New
    Livemusic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-10

It's been a while since I used my play acoustic . No when I use the hit button the harmonies occasionally break up . I use a Shure sm58 mic . Any ideas anyone . I'm on the most updated firm/software . I've ordered a new mic cabile in case is that breaking down . 
    thank in advance 

read more...
    0 10
    • Livemusic
      PedroRodrigues Hi Livemusic, thank you for your post I would suggest following the guidance present on the link below to perform an update on your unit even if your are already running the lasts Firmware version. https://wsi.li/dl/tNC4Xj8ZnjLHZusuH/ When the Firmware update is concluded please tested your Play Acoustic with the new XLR cable. Thank you
      • May 11
  • New
    martin5martin5
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05

My brand new Perform VE gets stuck while starting up. Lights rotate forever and nothing happens.

Support page says "We'll be back soon".

I would be very sad to lose more time by sending it back to Thomann.

I'm very frustrated :( Please HELP

read more...
    0 10
    • martin5martin5
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi martin5martin5, are you using the original TC power supply in this instance? If so do you have a third-party one of the same specs you could test with the device?
      This will help determine if the issue lies with the power supply or the unit itself. if you are already using a third-party power supply can you please double check the specifications match correctly, even though the voltage may match if the amperage or polarity does not this could cause the unit to function incorrectly.
      • Apr 5
    • martin5martin5
      martin5martin5

• Apr 6
    • martin5martin5
      martin5martin5

Thank you for your prompt feedback. This problem is present with original power supply, and also I tested with third party power supply 12V, 2A correct polarity.

• Apr 6
      • Perform VE gets stuck while starting up
        ChrisEdwards1 Thanks for the follow-up martin5marting5, based on this information this looks to be a fault with the device. In this instance if your product is less than 30 days old please directly contact your place of purchase, Thomann will be able to assist directly with a replacement. If it is older than this it will require warranty inspection, Thomann can also assist with directly with warranty queries.
        • Apr 6
  • New
    DouglasFindley
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-02-08

Am I correct to state that the output to the main mixer cannot be clean of the performers added FX and Volume changes? Ideally only preamp signal would be sent to FOH, and the speaker volume and FX changes would be local only. Is this not possible?

If not, this personal monitor product Voicesolo FX150 would seem to be the bane of sound engineers everywhere and is only meant for rehearsals or very small acts that don't require an engineer?  Or am I missing something?

read more...
    0 10
    • DouglasFindley
      PedroRodrigues Hi DouglasFindley, thank you for your post, the VOICESOLO FX150 has a few cards up his sleeve such as the FULL MIX/CH1 switch that may be useful for you. Nevertheless I would suggest to check the manual for this unit as there are a few set up examples on the output stage that may be useful, to access the manual please follow the link below: https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMI Thank you
      • Feb 12
  • New
    Valinho
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-07

Hi there,

as many, I find the major pop scale very unpleasant, this additional so called "blue note"  causes wrong notes when transposed to the relative minor scale or other modes, I would prefer to have the basic major scale as a basic material, or the ability to choose between different type of scale. Does someone knows if TC plans to give us the ability to change the scale composition of the hardtune?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 10
Go to page