Statistics

289,911 members
172,483 posts
  • New
    mmahar617
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-01

Hello,

I am trying to use a Ziido blue tooth transmiter to connect wireless earbuds for a monitor, is there something that has to be done on the foot pedal so that htere is no lag, or will there be a lag.

Also, question about recording:

1. Can I plug an ipod/phone in to the aux and record myself

2. Can i plug the transmitter in to the aux and then connect to my phone/ipod to record

3. Every now and then, not consistently, i am getting a high ping sound, not quite feedback but almost, any suggestions

read more...
    0 8
    • mmahar617
      PedroRodrigues Hi mmahar617, thank you for your post, taking in to account what you have stated about the Bluetooth transmitter to connect wireless earbuds for a monitor, any set up for this configuration must be done on the Bluetooth transmitter side as the unit only supplied the signal via headphones output monitor.

When it comes to the VoicePlay Acoustic output signal must be configured on the Output parameter to set how signals are sent over the XLR outputs of Play Acoustic.

The unit offers several parameters that you can set up on the output stage such as:

1)-The Vocal/Guitar (DI) setting, with this setting, vocal and Aux signals are sent over one XLR connector, and guitar signals over the other XLR.

2)- With the Stereo setting, a stereo mix of Vocal, Guitar and Aux signals is sent over both XLR outputs

3)-With the Mono Setting all effected vocal and guitar sounds are sent via the left XLR output.
      Dry vocals, with Tone and pitch correction, if you have set the Pitch Cor Amt parameter on the Input page to a value other than zero, are sent via the right XLR output.

The unit also offers on the outputs stage tools such as the Vocal cancelation function and the Lead Mute parameter.
      The first tool that attempts to remove the vocals from a piece of music while the second tool mutes the lead vocal and only output the processed signals.

1)- With the Off setting/ On setting
      When it’s on “Off set mode” no processing is performed on the Aux input signal.
      When it’s on “On setting mode”, Play Acoustic will attempt to remove lead vocals from a piece of music.
      This will create “Karaoke” style music for you to sing along to, including key information for harmony generation.

2)- With the Off setting/ On setting
      When the Lead Mute parameter has the “Off setting” activated Lead Vocals are routed to the main mix.
      When the Lead Mute parameter has the “On setting” activated Lead vocals are removed from the main mix.

I hope this clarifies the options you have available to configure your unit and how you must set it up to reflect your creative intentions.
      For a more in-depth information on how to set up your unit please follow the link below to access the full guide and all the resources available for your PLAY ACOUSTIC.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEF

When it comes to monitor your signal, the manual for this unit offer a few set up that will help you configure your signal.
      Regarding your question you can input signal via AUX using a IPOD/IPHONE but you will not be able to record your signal. When it comes to the issue you are reporting I would suggest connecting the unit to a computer with VOICESUPPORT 2 installed and attempt to update your unit.

Thank you
      • Mar 2
  • New
    reboramuriel
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-08
    I'm beginning to use my PlayAcoustic and I have quickly stumbled upon what seems to be a silly limitation and I want to make sure I am not getting something wrong.
    Is it not possible to store the Loop Input parameter configuration into the presets? There are songs in which I will want the looper to loop only my voice, and songs in which I will want it to loop everything... I just want an easy way to save the different configurations and link them to the other setups. It looks like it's not possible and that would be really disappointing.
    Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
    read more...
    0 8
    • reboramuriel
      PedroRodrigues Hi reboramuriel, thank you for your post, please consider that the Loop Use the Input parameter to set the input source(s) for loop recording. The following settings are available:
      ► Guitar
      ► Lead
      ► Aux
      ► Lead + Guitar
      ► Lead + Aux
      ► Guitar + Aux
      ► All: With the All setting, everything you hear will also be recorded as part of the loop.

Undo Parameter
      Use the Undo parameter to switch the Loop undo function on or off.

On Setting
      Undo is active and may be used to undo the last change made to your loop. It is common to use undo when you have added a loop section that you are not happy with and want to try it again. You can also press Undo a second time to redo your last Undo action. This will bring a loop over dub back that you have removed using Undo.
      In this mode, the total available loop time is 15 seconds.

Off Setting

Disables undo, freeing some memory for additional looping. In this mode, available loop time is doubled to 30 seconds.

Loop Feedback parameter
      Use the Loop Feedback parameter to control the amount of loop record feedback. When recording a loop with multiple passes (or parts), the signal from the first loop pass is added to the next, and so on. If all of these passes were put together at full (100 %) volume, the loop you are working on would get louder and louder and LOUDER, so you would end up with a distorted output signal.
      The purpose of the Loop Feedback parameter is to prevent this volume increase from happening. When you record a new pass to the existing loop, it is recorded at 100 % volume, but the existing loop is blended with it at the Loop feedback setting.
      The calculation works like this: Input + (Loop x Loop Feedback) = Loop output I.e. input + (Loop x 90%) = output Most users find the default setting of 98% works well, but you may find a different setting that works best for you.

Use the Loop Input parameter in the SETUP Menu to define which parts of your performance are captured by the looper. For example, you can set the looper to only record guitar, not vocals, or vice versa, or both.

Here is a good example of why you might want to capture just the guitar while singing and playing your instrument.

You have an 8-bar chord progression that you sing a verse over. After the second 8 bar “verse” section, you want to play a guitar solo.
      Wouldn’t it be cool if the rhythm guitar part kept playing as you perform the solo?
      With a looper, you can do just that.
      1. Set the looper to record “Guitar”.
      2. Play the verse as you normally would.
      3. When you get to the second round of the chord progression, keep singing and playing, but press REC on the Looper.
      4. At the end of the chord progression, press REC again. Play Acoustic will immediately begin to play back the guitar chord progression you just recorded.
      5. Begin playing your guitar solo over the recorded chord progression.
      6. When the solo section ends, simply stop the loop by pressing the Stop/Era(se) footswitch and play/sing again.
      This is a very basic example of how a loop can be seamlessly incorporated into your performance. A subtle loop coming “out of nowhere” can be a great experience for your audience.

Stopping loop playback
      Press the Stop/Era(se) footswitch to stop loop playback.

Erasing the loop
      Press and hold the Stop/Era(se) footswitch to erase the loop completely.

Loop Undo/Redo
      To undo a loop overdub, press and hold the DOWN footswitch.

To restore the overdub (Redo), press and hold the DOWN footswitch again. Restoring a loop overdub this way is only possible if you have not recorded another overdub after using Undo.

You can use Undo when you have made a mistake – just remove the overdub that went wrong and do it again.
      You can also use Undo and Redo creatively for a part/track that you would like to come and go:
      Record a basic chord progression for a song, add a catchy melody as an overdub, undo that overdub so you can sing the verse and use Redo to bring the melody back for the chorus.

Looping tips
      When it comes to looping, practice is the key!
      You might notice that your loops have a small gap between the end of the phrase and when the loop restarts. This happens when you mistime pressing the PLAY/REC/ODUB button(s).
      Pay careful attention to coordinating your button press with the down beat, so that the loop beginning, and end align seamlessly.
      Experiment with exiting Loop mode and picking a different vocal sound for the next ODUB layer. You can get some great results by simply varying the sounds that are part of the loop.
      When adding an ODUB layer, you can record multiple passes (ODUB parts) without starting and stopping the Looper.
      This allows you to add numerous parts, which can all be removed with a single undo action (they can also be brought back by repeating the undo action). I hope this help.
      • Mar 9
    • reboramuriel
      reboramuriel

This does not answer my question AT ALL

• Mar 9
  • New
    MagicMattBlues
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-29

The power connector on my FX150 has broken and needs replacing. It looks like it's not manufactured any more, and it's out of warranty. Is it possible to buy the connector, or will I need to cannibalise something? 

Also, is there a replacement unit for the FX150? I really like it and wanted a second, or something that does the same job. 

read more...
    0 8
    • MagicMattBlues
      WilliamR Hello Matt, Please click on the support link above and create a tech support ticket and someone will get in touch with you about ordering this power supply for you. As far as the FX150 goes, we don't have an updated version of the fx150 at the moment.
      • Mar 29
    • MagicMattBlues
      Mtthiede70 Looking for a replacement foot switch for my harmony singer 2 pedal.
      • Mar 30
  • New
    LucV
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-06-15

Question on VoiceLive 2. 

What exactly does the "Guitar Effects" button do?

Does the VoiceLive 2 assign a different guitar effect to every different vocal preset?

Thanks.....Luc

0 8
    • LucV
      PedroRodrigues Hi LucV, thank you for your post, I would suggest to follow the link below to access a few videos guides where you will find all the information you are looking for. :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlsImL02sMQ&list=PL3A952CAB33D44BFE . I hope this helps .Thank you
      • Jun 15
    • LucV
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi LucV, the Guitar Effects button will enable/disable any selected effect and apply it to your guitar signal, this is on the basis that the Guitar Thru connection is not used as this will mute the Guitar Effects. Holding the Guitar Effects button will enter the menu in which you can alter the effect/mix.

It is not possible to assign a different effect to each vocal preset as the Guitar Effects are global.
      • Jun 15
  • New
    Wannjlw
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-24

I am contemplating using a TC Helicon VoiceLive Play as an effect with a H&A QU32 digital mixer.  Here is what I have in mind reading the manual.  Does this seem right?  My goal is lead vocal (dry) into unit from  the mixer and only harmonies/effects return (wet) to the mixer.  If you can suggest another TC Helicon product that might do better than the VoiceLive Play let me know.

Scenario

Aux in for musical input for harmony generation from mixer (line level) using "Live" setting

Mic Input with vocal to be processed from mixer (can a line level be used instead of a mic level)

Left Out - Dual Mono-a-Mono   Voices Only with "Lead" mute "on" so only the harmonies come through

Right out - nothing, not needed

read more...
    0 8
    • Wannjlw
      PedroRodrigues Hi Wannjlw, thank you for your post, your proposed set up for the VOICELIVE PLAY seems to be configurable, nevertheless please take in to account that the VoiceLive Play Mic Input only accepts Mic Level. In this case you can attempt to use an adaptor that will help you manage the signal discrepancies, but please consider that is not an officially supported solution and we cannot guarantee the results. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • May 24
  • New
    TheoWhitley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-05

Hello Music Tribe,

I am the proud owner of a play acoustic and a VL3X both of which have been awesome.  I can say with certainty that they have shifted the way I approach live music. I have put thousands of hours and hundreds of gigs on each unit.  Now after roughly 5 years I am having issues with both of them.  

Play Acoustic-Scroll knob is broken, AC adapter port is wiggley, occasionally glitches out

VL3X-Large Scrool Wheel broken, Machine glithes out especially when I use the looper function (I have replaced the AC adapter per advice given to me from a rep and it definitely helped for a while but the problems came back)

I have already spoken to PanurgyOEM in New York, my closest service center, just wanted to make sure im doing the right thing before I shell out $65 per unit to diagnose.  My goal is to get them both back to perfect working order so I can continue to use them.  Hoping the repairs dont cost more than a brand new unit.

-T

read more...
    0 8
    • TheoWhitley
      WilliamR Unfortunately, We are unable to diagnose or give a quote on what it would cost to fix hardware issues. Panurgy would have to give you a diagnosis and a quote for this.
      • May 5
  • New
    brynnerhead1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-16

Greetings,

Looking for a good small mixer match for my VL3X. I'm running mono with just acoustic guitar and vocals direct into my QSC K12 powered speaker but want more control over volume.

Here's my issue. I can't seem to open up my QSC's sensitivity(volume)control beyond the 8'Oclock position(so two notches) and even that is a bit loud for small space practice. At 7'Oclock (or the first notch) there is no signal.

I'm wondering if a mixer will allow me to open up the speaker a bit more (most recommendations for best response QSC setting is around the 12 O'clock position) ,but also have more control to level the volume down without the signal disappearing.

Could a mixer resolve this?

Also small mixer preference is very subjective,but any suggestions for a good match for my VL3X?

I love my the possibilities and tone the VL3X has opened up for my set but I hesitate to practice because I don't want to blow the windows out.

In retrospect,now that the venues have gotten smaller,the K10 might have been a better match but I'm way past that point now.

Cheers to anyone who might have some thoughts! 

read more...
    0 7
    • brynnerhead1
      kiskadar69 If the "SETUP" / "Output Tab" / "XLR Output Level" parameter is set to "Line Level", set it to "Mic Level".
      • Apr 16
    • brynnerhead1
      Paul_Vannatto Ahh... the other way around. If it is too loud at 8 O'clock position, the speaker input is set to mic level. Change that to line level.
      • Apr 17
  • New
    Hollerfeld
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-03

How to factory reset VoiceLive 1

1 7
    • Hollerfeld
    • Hollerfeld
      PedroRodrigues Hi Hollerfeld, thank you for your post, please consider that to reset the VoiceLive back to factory settings you will need to do the following 3 resets, each resetting different things:

Resetting the system parameters involves resetting all global settings not stored in presets, like in/out volume, compressor settings etc:

Hold the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys down and insert the powercable into the connector on the back.
      The display should now read “VWF PSDC Firmware v0.23”.
      Let go of the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys and turn the encoder wheel until the screen reads “Reset sys param?”.

Hit EDIT to confirm.
      Wait until the display reads “Clear/reset done”.
      Remove the powercable from the unit to turn off the VoiceLive; put the powercable back into the connector to turn it back on.

Clearing all presets deletes all settings stored in the presets, like settings for the pitch-correction, the harmonies, the effects etc:
      Hold the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys down and insert the powercable into the connector on the back.
      Let go of the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys and turn the encoder wheel until the screen reads “Clr all presets?”.

Hit EDIT to confirm.
      Remove the powercable from the unit to turn off the VoiceLive; put the powercable back into the connector to turn it back on.
      Clearing all songs deletes all settings stored in the songs in SONG MODE, like the chord/root and preset chosen for each song step in each song:

Let go of the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys and turn the encoder wheel until the screen reads “Clr all songs?”.

Hit EDIT to confirm.

Your VoiceLive has now been reset to full factory settings. Thank you
      • Apr 4
    • Hollerfeld
      Hollerfeld

Thank you for your message. Factory reset worked very well

• Apr 5
  • New
    MrBear65
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-11

Good afternoon.

I am THE newest newbie with not just this product but in singing period. A very long-story short, on June 16th I will be joining a band onstage for an outdoor fundraiser concert in front of about 700-1,000 people (and I am scared to death because this will be the very FIRST TIME I will sing in front of people).  I am practicing daily with backing tracks but NOT with the VoiceLive Play and I have no other voice effects in place currently.

So I recently took a leap of faith and purchased a VoiceLive Play.

I was hoping at least some of the songs we are performing, would be included as a Preset but sadly none of them are.  Here are the (10) songs I will be singing with the band:

01 - Thank You **

02 - Can’t You See

03 - The Weight

04 - Peaceful Easy Feeling **

05 - Cover Of The Rolling Stone

06 - Turn The Page **

07 - Simple Man

08 - Mary Janes Last Dance

09 - Rocky Mountain Way

10 - Comfortably Numb

The (3) songs with ** are the ones I am going to sing Lead on, the other songs are just minor singing parts and/or backing singing.

I have looked at the settings (once) when I first received the VoiceLive Play however I simply do not have enough time to learn the VoiceLive Play device so that I can set it up for those ten songs myself.  Can somebody please help me get these ten songs setup now, so that I can continue practicing but practicing with the VoiceLive Play.

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    davymaguire
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-16

Will 600mA @ 9V power the Harmony singer? I know that the PSU weighs in at 670mA but there is usually a bit of headroom allowance with a PSU.

0 7
    • davymaguire
      PedroRodrigues Hi davymaguire, thank you for your post, the Power Supply used with Harmony Singer must offer 9 V / 670 mA otherwise you may damage your unit. Thank you
      • November 17, 2021
Go to page