Statistics

294,584 members
177,694 posts
  • New
    mmahar617
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-18

Are there delay and reverb effects that are global (move from style to style) and is ther a way, other htan in the settings to get a golabl vocal sound?

0 9
    • mmahar617
      kiskadar69 On the Mix page, there is a Delay/Reverb parameter to change the level of Delay/Reverb effects across all presets but nothing else.
      If you want a global delay/reverb sound, you'll have to do it with another device (for example, mixer with built-in effects processor, external effects processor connected to mixer, or external effects processor connected after Play Acoustic).
      • Jan 18
  • New
    AdirAppel
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-21

Hi

We have very loude his

When we connect  it to consola

Dose it normal?

0 9
    • AdirAppel
      Dale_M Hi there we would advise you go to the support tab above and open a Technical ticket so we can assist you.
      • October 22, 2021
  • New
    mmahar617
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-14

Hello,

I currently have a voice play acoustic, which i use with my acoustic guitar. I have purchased a Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar, wondering if i would need a different TC Helicon foot pedal since it is not really an acoustic guitar and has the reverb right on hte guitar, or if it would be compatible with the play acoustic? 

read more...
    0 9
    • mmahar617
      PedroRodrigues Hi mmahar617, thank you for your post, as long as your Yamaha SLG200S offers the same type of signal that arrives to the VoiceLive Play Acoustic you should not have any issues, but I would suggest test it first to confirm.
      • Mar 15
  • New
    fswift
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-14

I just purchased a play acoustic. Someone should have sent this box music theory class. It can't figure out how to produce 1 and 2 part harmony lines. No seriously. I can't figure this out. Any suggestions short of hiring back up singers.

thanks

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    PhilipBest
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-07

Hi all,

I use Key/Scale harmonies when I can.  I'm trying to figure out how to set Key/Scale Custom.  If I understand correctly, I should use Map In - Map Out, but I'm at a loss around where to find these settings.  Can someone please instruct me ?  Could probably also use a tutorial on harmony scales.  I have key scale charts, but am not practiced in application.

Thanks !!!

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    Valanking1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-03

Hi.

I have a voicelive 2 and want to download the 500 preset pack, and also to upgrade the firmware.

When I turn it on it shows: 

VoiceLice 2 with VLOOP

1.4.02 Build 127

Sun: 1109  AVR 27

I cant find any video or instruction online to show what cable to use. I assume its a printer cable that I use if anyone could kindly confirm? USB into my PC and then the printer cable square end thing into the Voicelive 2?

I have downloaded the Voice support 2 stuff and Im ready. Just want too make sure Im using the right cable as I dont want to wipe the machine of mess it up :) 

Also - is there a way of changing the effect assigned to the shortcut for a preset?

Thanks in advance :) 

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    LucV
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-06-15

Question on VoiceLive 2. 

What exactly does the "Guitar Effects" button do?

Does the VoiceLive 2 assign a different guitar effect to every different vocal preset?

Thanks.....Luc

0 9
    • LucV
      PedroRodrigues Hi LucV, thank you for your post, I would suggest to follow the link below to access a few videos guides where you will find all the information you are looking for. :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlsImL02sMQ&list=PL3A952CAB33D44BFE . I hope this helps .Thank you
      • Jun 15
    • LucV
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi LucV, the Guitar Effects button will enable/disable any selected effect and apply it to your guitar signal, this is on the basis that the Guitar Thru connection is not used as this will mute the Guitar Effects. Holding the Guitar Effects button will enter the menu in which you can alter the effect/mix.

It is not possible to assign a different effect to each vocal preset as the Guitar Effects are global.
      • Jun 15
  • New
    AlanCraigie
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-08-06

Can a backing track on a vl3x be started with a midi command?

0 9
    • AlanCraigie
      PedroRodrigues Hi AlanCraigie, thnak you for your post, the MIDI implementation in VL3 is essentially the same as the VoiceLive 2…
      There can be up to 500 presets loaded into a VoiceLive 3, and it’s possible to navigate between these presets with an external controller sending MIDI Control Change (“CC”) and Program Change (“PC”) messages. The VoiceLive 3 can receive CC and PC messages via MIDI from sources like keyboards, footswitches, DAWs, and more. For the controlling device to send a MIDI message to VL3 it needs to be using the same MIDI channel as the VL3, typically this is channel 1 but you’re welcome to change it. Also make sure you aren’t misusing the MIDI input filters, and ensure that the MIDI input is set to be either “USB” (for the USB-mini input) or “MIDI Ports” (for the 5-pin MIDI input) depending on how you're connecting. These settings can be changed in VL3’s “Setup” menu, on the “MIDI” tab.

To change Presets via MIDI, first tell the VL3 which Bank to look in, then tell it which Preset in that Bank you want to change to.
      Bank select: To specify the desired bank, issue an LSB Bank select message (CC#32) with a value of 0-3.
      Preset Select: After specifying the Bank, issue a PC Preset select message with a value of 0-127.
      MSB LSB VL3Bank Program Change (PC) VL3 Preset #
      0 0 0 0-127 1-128
      0 1 1 0-127 129-256
      0 2 2 0-127 257-384
      0 3 3 0-115 385-500

The internal number associated with a Preset isn’t exactly what you see on the VL3’s screen, they’re actually all off by 1. This is because internally the list of Presets actually starts at an index of 0. This means that 0 = Preset #1, 1 = Preset #2, 2 = Preset #3, etc. It’s like your presets are saved from 0-499 but are displayed as 1-500.
      There are 4 Banks in VL3, and each Bank contains 128 Presets. Therefore the Preset selection number that goes to VL3 needs to be between 1 and 128. So for a Preset above 128, you need to subtract the number of the first Preset in the same Bank to get the MIDI Program Change info.
      The 9-digit message for changing to a preset is in the format of:
      MSB LSB PC#
      Or, you can first send a CC#32 of the Bank you’re looking in, then a PC value of the Preset you want.
      Here are some examples:
      Preset #5 would be: 5 - 1 = 4
      000 000 004
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 4
      Preset #100 would be: 100 - 1 = 99
      000 000 099
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 99
      Preset #208 would be: 208 - 129 = 79 (because Preset #208 is in Bank 1, which starts at Preset #129)
      000 001 079
      or CC#32 value 1, then PC 79
      Preset 259 would be: 259 - 257 = 2
      000 002 002
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 2
      Preset 322 would be: 322 - 257 = 65
      000 002 065
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 65
      Preset 491 would be: 491 - 385 = 106
      000 003 106
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 106
      Preset 500 would be: 500 - 385 = 115
      000 003 115
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 115

When you try to address a Preset that does not exist (either an empty spot or one outside the 1-500 range), there is no built-in warning system, VL3 just won’t do anything. So if you can see the “MIDI” indication on the VL3 appearing when you send commands, but are not getting the Preset to change, ensure you’re not referencing an empty or non-existent Preset location.

If that all seems too complicated for you, consider using Steps instead of Presets. Steps are essentially Presets within a Preset, and you can have up to 10 Steps all in the same Preset. If your current Preset contains the Steps you’ll be using, it just takes a single CC message to choose your Step…
      CC 115 = Step
      Value represents Step Number, i.e. 1 = Step 1, 2 = Step 2, etc.
      So sending a CC#115 with a value of 2 will take you to the second Step in your current Preset.

Sources:
      https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/view/article/tch/en_US/VoiceLive-3-Selecting-Presets-and-Banks-via-MIDI-228155247
      https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/6-what-msb-lsb-refer-for-changing-banks-andprograms/
      https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?14591-Midi-PRESET-Change&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi
      https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?15866-Voice-Live-3-Set-List-Maker-on-iPAD&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi
      • Aug 9
  • New
    lgovantes1
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-03-14

Does the Play Acoustic work with the Switch - 6 pedal?

0 8
    • lgovantes1
      kiskadar69 Yes. You will need to press the soft button that corresponds to where 'Switch-3' is displayed. Then, use the center wheel to change this parameter to 'Switch-6'.
      If this cannot be done, the Play Acoustic firmware will need to be updated.
      • Mar 14
    • lgovantes1
      PedroRodrigues Hi lgovantes1, thank you for your post, effectively it does work with Play Acoustic,please consider that Simply press the soft button next to “Switch 1”, “Switch 2” or “Switch 3” on the right side of the display and use the Control Knob to define the function the respective footswitch should control.
      The available settings are:
      Loop Rec/Play
      Loop Stop/Clear
      Loop Undo
      Loop Start/Stop
      1 Btn Looper
      Tap Tempo
      Set Key
      Preset Down
      Preset Up
      Hit
      Harmony
      Harm Moment
      Doubling
      Delay
      Delay Moment
      Reverb
      HardTune
      Transducer
      µMod
      Gtr Amp
      Gtr Boost
      Gtr Compressor
      Gtr µMod
      Gtr Delay
      Gtr Reverb
      In regard to the Harm Moment and Delay Moment, when you have selected the Custom setting, two menu items work slightly differently from the others: Harm Moment and Delay Moment.
      With “Harm Moment” and “Delay Moment”, the respective effect (harmony voices or delay) is active only as long as you press down the footswitch. Some users prefer the precision offered by this mode.
      The 1 Btn Looper (1 Button Looper) setting is a convenient way to control all relevant Looper functions using a single footswitch. This allows you to assign the two remaining buttons on a Switch-3 for other features (e.g. Hit).
      With no loop present, tap the footswitch once to record.
      Tap the footswitch again to define the loop length and switch to loop playback.
      Tap the footswitch again to overdub during playback.
      Hold the footswitch to undo the last overdub.
      Hold the footswitch again to restore (redo) the last overdub.
      Tap the footswitch twice quickly to stop. Please note that when stopping, a short portion of audio is recorded.
      Tap the footswitch to play or hold to erase the loop.
      If you prefer to have a Play Acoustic up on a music stand, you can use “Preset DN”, “Preset UP” and “HIT” as your custom Switch-3/6 assignments to replicate the footswitch controls.
      Connecting a Switch-3/6 (optional) to your Play Acoustic will give you permanent access to looping without having to use the DOWN and UP footswitches. It frees up those footswitches, so you can assign them to key/scale selection. This will also allow you to change presets without having to go in and out of Loop mode.
      The Switch-3 buttons are mapped as follows:
      Rec/Play/Odub
      Stop/Erase (Hold for Erase)
      Undo
      The benefit of having the Undo feature assigned to a separate footswitch is the ability to perfectly time your undo instead of waiting a moment for a “hold” to be registered.
      When a Switch-3 is plugged in and Switch-3/6 mode is set to Looping, key/scale selection is automatically assigned to the DOWN and UP footswitches of your Play Acoustic.
      When the Switch-3/6 is unplugged, the DOWN and UP footswitches revert to whatever the UP/DN setting was prior to connecting the Switch-3/6.
      I hope this helps gives you a better idea of what you can do with SWITCH-3/6

Thank you
      • Mar 17
    • lgovantes1
      lgovantes1

Thanks so much for your detailed message.... a lot to learn.

• Mar 17
  • New
    PetervanDort
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-17

Hi - I've had the TC Helicon Harmony Singer for approx 3 moinths and now I cannot get the Harmony Singer effect light to stay on.

It only works when I have my foot constantly depressing the button.

Before I could press the button to activate the harmoiniser and take my foot off the button.

Can anyone HELP please. (Have I activated a "Harmonise when button is consatantly depressed function by msitake or is this a malfunction in the pedal???

Cheers Peter

read more...
    0 8
    • PetervanDort
      NicJonesMT Hi PetervanDort. It sounds like you've got the pedal in Momentary mode.
      To switch to Latching mode, push and hold the Tone button while you power the pedal on. It should then change the behaviour of the foot switch.
      • Jul 17
Go to page