Statistics

294,584 members
177,694 posts
  • New
    JanRIjk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-13

Dear people,

I have been in possession of a TC Helicon Voice Live Rack for several years now and I am extremely satisfied with it.
    I use the device in live performances and would like to have a second Vocei Live Rack.
    Unfortunately these are no longer made, so I'm looking for a used one.
    Another possibility: what is the best successor to the VLR?
    Can you help me with that?

read more...
    0 8
    • JanRIjk
      kiskadar69 1. If you stick with TC-Helicon and the 19" rack format, buy another VoiceLive Rack while you still can. To my knowledge, that is the last 19" rack format device they have. Anyway it's a good idea to buy spare devices.
      2. The VoiceLive Rack has roughly the same capabilities as VoiceLive 2. If you want something more powerful than that, VoiceLive 3 is the way to go, especially if you have an electric guitar.
      • Mon at 5:58 AM
    • JanRIjk
      JanRIjk

Thank you for your commend!

• Tue at 4:55 AM
  • New
    MrBear65
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-11

Good afternoon.

I am THE newest newbie with not just this product but in singing period. A very long-story short, on June 16th I will be joining a band onstage for an outdoor fundraiser concert in front of about 700-1,000 people (and I am scared to death because this will be the very FIRST TIME I will sing in front of people).  I am practicing daily with backing tracks but NOT with the VoiceLive Play and I have no other voice effects in place currently.

So I recently took a leap of faith and purchased a VoiceLive Play.

I was hoping at least some of the songs we are performing, would be included as a Preset but sadly none of them are.  Here are the (10) songs I will be singing with the band:

01 - Thank You **

02 - Can’t You See

03 - The Weight

04 - Peaceful Easy Feeling **

05 - Cover Of The Rolling Stone

06 - Turn The Page **

07 - Simple Man

08 - Mary Janes Last Dance

09 - Rocky Mountain Way

10 - Comfortably Numb

The (3) songs with ** are the ones I am going to sing Lead on, the other songs are just minor singing parts and/or backing singing.

I have looked at the settings (once) when I first received the VoiceLive Play however I simply do not have enough time to learn the VoiceLive Play device so that I can set it up for those ten songs myself.  Can somebody please help me get these ten songs setup now, so that I can continue practicing but practicing with the VoiceLive Play.

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    davymaguire
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-16

Will 600mA @ 9V power the Harmony singer? I know that the PSU weighs in at 670mA but there is usually a bit of headroom allowance with a PSU.

0 8
    • davymaguire
      PedroRodrigues Hi davymaguire, thank you for your post, the Power Supply used with Harmony Singer must offer 9 V / 670 mA otherwise you may damage your unit. Thank you
      • November 17, 2021
  • New
    mmahar617
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-01

Hello,

I am trying to use a Ziido blue tooth transmiter to connect wireless earbuds for a monitor, is there something that has to be done on the foot pedal so that htere is no lag, or will there be a lag.

Also, question about recording:

1. Can I plug an ipod/phone in to the aux and record myself

2. Can i plug the transmitter in to the aux and then connect to my phone/ipod to record

3. Every now and then, not consistently, i am getting a high ping sound, not quite feedback but almost, any suggestions

read more...
    0 8
    • mmahar617
      PedroRodrigues Hi mmahar617, thank you for your post, taking in to account what you have stated about the Bluetooth transmitter to connect wireless earbuds for a monitor, any set up for this configuration must be done on the Bluetooth transmitter side as the unit only supplied the signal via headphones output monitor.

When it comes to the VoicePlay Acoustic output signal must be configured on the Output parameter to set how signals are sent over the XLR outputs of Play Acoustic.

The unit offers several parameters that you can set up on the output stage such as:

1)-The Vocal/Guitar (DI) setting, with this setting, vocal and Aux signals are sent over one XLR connector, and guitar signals over the other XLR.

2)- With the Stereo setting, a stereo mix of Vocal, Guitar and Aux signals is sent over both XLR outputs

3)-With the Mono Setting all effected vocal and guitar sounds are sent via the left XLR output.
      Dry vocals, with Tone and pitch correction, if you have set the Pitch Cor Amt parameter on the Input page to a value other than zero, are sent via the right XLR output.

The unit also offers on the outputs stage tools such as the Vocal cancelation function and the Lead Mute parameter.
      The first tool that attempts to remove the vocals from a piece of music while the second tool mutes the lead vocal and only output the processed signals.

1)- With the Off setting/ On setting
      When it’s on “Off set mode” no processing is performed on the Aux input signal.
      When it’s on “On setting mode”, Play Acoustic will attempt to remove lead vocals from a piece of music.
      This will create “Karaoke” style music for you to sing along to, including key information for harmony generation.

2)- With the Off setting/ On setting
      When the Lead Mute parameter has the “Off setting” activated Lead Vocals are routed to the main mix.
      When the Lead Mute parameter has the “On setting” activated Lead vocals are removed from the main mix.

I hope this clarifies the options you have available to configure your unit and how you must set it up to reflect your creative intentions.
      For a more in-depth information on how to set up your unit please follow the link below to access the full guide and all the resources available for your PLAY ACOUSTIC.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEF

When it comes to monitor your signal, the manual for this unit offer a few set up that will help you configure your signal.
      Regarding your question you can input signal via AUX using a IPOD/IPHONE but you will not be able to record your signal. When it comes to the issue you are reporting I would suggest connecting the unit to a computer with VOICESUPPORT 2 installed and attempt to update your unit.

Thank you
      • Mar 2
  • New
    cbeattyjr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-04

I just got a used VL3X, hoping to replace my Headrush Looperboard.

So far I like the vocal and guitar effects.

But my other requirement is to play over pre-made drum loops or backing tracks.  In other words, I don't really live loop. 

I follow the procedure to put the loops on a USB drive and the VL3X recognizes and I am able to import.  But it seems that each loop must be associated with an individual preset.  That's not really what I want to do.  I want to be able, on a whim, scroll the drum loops, choose one, and then play over it.  I know the Headrush and Roland products can do this.  Is it possible on the VL3X?

Also, are the loops and backing tracks stored on the unit when I remove the USB drive?

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 8
    • cbeattyjr
      PedroRodrigues Hi cbeattyjr, thank you for your post, please ponder that the USB flash drive needs to be formatted using the FAT32 file system. NTFS, HFS+ (the OS X file system) or other file systems cannot be read by VL3X.
      Instructions for formatting a USB flash drive with FAT32 can be found here:

wikihow.com/Format-FAT32

Your VL3X can only import MP3 or WAV audio files. (16 bit 48KHZ)
      Insert the USB flash stick into your computer and drag/drop your Backing Tracks onto the drive. You can also use a file manager application.
      Make sure to copy all audio files to the root directory of the flash drive. That means you should not put audio files into folders or subfolders. Your VL3X will not find these files.
      Insert the USB flash drive stick into the USB Host Port on VL3X.
      Your VL3X will recognize all valid audio files in the root directory of the flash drive and make them available for import.
      Press the Store button once.
      Use the arrow buttons below the Control Knob to navigate to the TRACK IMPORT tab.
      I hope this helps
      Thank you
      • Jul 14
  • New
    BrionBell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-03

I have an old model.  I need the vocal input POT.  A schematic or parts list would help, along with a source for the parts.

Thanbk you in advance!

0 8
  • New
    mykeaster2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-11

I have tried every trick in the book to get my voice live one to connect to voice support two. I have read all of the help sections and the FAQs. Is there some settings I need to change in the utilities? What else can I do?

0 8
    • mykeaster2
      WilliamR Hello, Unfortunately, Voicelive 1 has been discontinued for quite some time now. The voice live one pre-dates the voice support 2 software so it is not compatible.
      • Jun 11
  • New
    TheoWhitley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-05

Hello Music Tribe,

I am the proud owner of a play acoustic and a VL3X both of which have been awesome.  I can say with certainty that they have shifted the way I approach live music. I have put thousands of hours and hundreds of gigs on each unit.  Now after roughly 5 years I am having issues with both of them.  

Play Acoustic-Scroll knob is broken, AC adapter port is wiggley, occasionally glitches out

VL3X-Large Scrool Wheel broken, Machine glithes out especially when I use the looper function (I have replaced the AC adapter per advice given to me from a rep and it definitely helped for a while but the problems came back)

I have already spoken to PanurgyOEM in New York, my closest service center, just wanted to make sure im doing the right thing before I shell out $65 per unit to diagnose.  My goal is to get them both back to perfect working order so I can continue to use them.  Hoping the repairs dont cost more than a brand new unit.

-T

read more...
    0 8
    • TheoWhitley
      WilliamR Unfortunately, We are unable to diagnose or give a quote on what it would cost to fix hardware issues. Panurgy would have to give you a diagnosis and a quote for this.
      • May 5
  • New
    Chrisnificent
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-14

I currently use a Boomerang 3 with my VLX3 but would like to simplify my setup and use the voice live as my looper too. Wondering if there is a way when recording loop B or C to "cue" the recording like how the boomerang functions? In other words I want to record a master rhythm loop on A. Then, push record for B in the middle of the A loop and have B wait to record until it gets to the beginning of loop A. Then push the button ahead of the end of loop A  to stop the recording and playback.   I hope that makes sense. Anyone who has used a boomerang should know what I'm talking about. I prefer the boomerang only for this reason. A lot of times smart mode guesses the length of my B loop wrong even though I'm fairly consistent with hitting it on the beat and it cuts off a section of what I played. I know VLX3 has a  "CUE" overdub so I'm hoping it can also "cue" record. If not, would this be an easy update to make via firmware? 

read more...
    0 7
    • Chrisnificent
      PedroRodrigues Hi Chrisnificent, please consider that when it comes to the VL3X to set up LOOP for REC A REC B REC C basically, you must look at this process like a set of layer that you need to set up to be able to set up your loop correctly.

When you are ready to start recording, press the footswitch associated with REC A (the Harmony/Drive footswitch) to begin recording your first Loop Track.
      You can sing, play your guitar, or do both.
      When you reach the end of the segment you want to record, try to press the REC A footswitch as close to the beat as you can. Our LoopAssist feature helps with this, but try to be as accurate as possible.
      The difference between Set and Overdub as opposed to Set and Play, while recording your first basic loop, you will see two new options on the screen below:

To finish recording the current loop and immediately have it played back, tap the footswitch associated with Set +Play (Harmony/Drive).
      Your new loop will be played back.
      To finish recording the current loop and immediately go into overdub mode (allowing you to record additional takes over the first one), tap the footswitch associated with Set+ODub (Double/Comp).
      Your new loop will be played back, and you can record additional takes.
      This is a great feature to use if you have rehearsed your loop performance and want to quickly build up loop components on top of one another.

When it comes to Overdubbing, using this example, let us end your first basic loop recording by tap the footswitch associated with Set+Play (Harmony/Drive).
      You should hear your loop (Loop Track A) playing back.

Next, let’s overdub something on Loop Track A.

If you think of your Loop Track A as a cake, that first recording is the “base Layer of the cake”, and overdubs are more “layers of cake” …

When you are ready, press ODUB A (Harmony/Drive footswitch) and record an overdub.

When you are finished, press END ODUB (Harmony/Drive footswitch).

If you would like to add several different overdubs, you can keep the overdub recording running and add new parts each time the loop begins again.

Now lest focus our attention on Recording Loop track B.
      While Loop Track A is still playing back, we will record something else onto Loop Track B. like another cake.
      When you are ready, press REC B (Reverb footswitch).

Now what makes working with separate Loop Tracks so interesting is that your second Loop Track (Loop Track B) can be longer than Loop Track A.
      Still, you will get the best results when Loop Track B is a multiple of the number of beats in Loop Track A.
      As an example, if Loop Track A is four beats (one bar), make Loop Track B 8 or 16 beats (two or four bars).
      If you record longer than one multiple, but less than two, silence will fill in the gap.
      You will see the same Set+Play and Set+ODub options you saw when recording Loop Track A.
      Choose one and press it when you are finished recording.
      If you chose Set+Odub, continue to record overdubs until you are finished, then tap End Odub.

To get a better understanding of how Loop Tracks of different lengths are played back in SMART Sync mode, (for SMART, please refer to page 139 of the manual), start by recording a simple loop of just counting numbers.

-Loop Track A: Record the words “one, two, three, four” as close to the metronome beats as you can.

-Loop Track B: Record the words “one, two three, four, five” as close to the metronome beats as you can.
      When playing back, you will notice that the two tracks line up for the first “four”, then Loop B says “Five” and goes silent for three more beats, then repeats.

In cases where you have you made a mistake, maybe in your fourth or fifth overdub, there is no reason to remove the entire track. You can easily undo your last overdub, remove it from the Loop Track and if you change your mind, you can restore it.

-To undo the last overdub, tap the Looper footswitch.

-To redo (“undo the undo”, thereby restoring the last overdub), tap the Looper footswitch again.
      When it comes to Swap, this is a great new feature that allows you to maintain your Loop Track A, while moving seamlessly between two additional tracks, Loop Track B and Loop Track C.
      We are still following our “Your first loop” example, and at this point, you should have recorded Loop Track A and Loop Track B. Let’s move on to recording Loop C.
      When you are ready to record a new Loop Track as Loop C, tap Swap. Loop Track B will stop playing, and you will begin recording LOOP C

You will see the same Set+Play and Set+ODub options you saw when recording Loop Track, A, for reference please see “Set + Overdub versus Set + Play” explained above.

Choose one,and press it when you are finished recording.

If you chose Set+ODub, continue to record overdubs until you are finished, then tap End ODub.
      Now, tap Swap, you will see in the display that Loop Track C continues to play until it reaches its end, then VL3X automatically switches to Loop B.

To Stop loop playback by pressing ALL STOP (HIT footswitch). I hope this helps
      • Jul 15
  • New
    brynnerhead1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-16

Greetings,

Looking for a good small mixer match for my VL3X. I'm running mono with just acoustic guitar and vocals direct into my QSC K12 powered speaker but want more control over volume.

Here's my issue. I can't seem to open up my QSC's sensitivity(volume)control beyond the 8'Oclock position(so two notches) and even that is a bit loud for small space practice. At 7'Oclock (or the first notch) there is no signal.

I'm wondering if a mixer will allow me to open up the speaker a bit more (most recommendations for best response QSC setting is around the 12 O'clock position) ,but also have more control to level the volume down without the signal disappearing.

Could a mixer resolve this?

Also small mixer preference is very subjective,but any suggestions for a good match for my VL3X?

I love my the possibilities and tone the VL3X has opened up for my set but I hesitate to practice because I don't want to blow the windows out.

In retrospect,now that the venues have gotten smaller,the K10 might have been a better match but I'm way past that point now.

Cheers to anyone who might have some thoughts! 

read more...
    0 7
    • brynnerhead1
      kiskadar69 If the "SETUP" / "Output Tab" / "XLR Output Level" parameter is set to "Line Level", set it to "Mic Level".
      • Apr 16
    • brynnerhead1
      Paul_Vannatto Ahh... the other way around. If it is too loud at 8 O'clock position, the speaker input is set to mic level. Change that to line level.
      • Apr 17
Go to page