Statistics

242,817 members
119,208 posts
  • davidmck
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-03
    Just purchased used VL3. (2nd July 2020) Trying to update firmware, but Voicesupport says no internet connection to TC Helicon server? Have now tried on three different computers and same message, Sometimes get message to say VL3 being used by another program (it isn't)
    read more...
    0 718
    • davidmck
      PlamenPenev I have the same problem. After a reset of VoiceLive 3, Voicesupport 2 does not connect to the Internet. And this for several days now - there are no answers, and I can't work.
      • July 3, 2020
    • davidmck
      SpyderZA I am having the same problem with Voicesupport and Voicesupport 2. My Voicelive Touch 2 is pretty useless now and I have also got work to finish.
      • July 3, 2020
    • davidmck
      FabioValdez If you were using it before, just disconnect from internet and start the program, then you can connect again. If it's a fresh new installed then there's no workaround because it requires connection to the server for first time running. In the first post they said that is because they changed the server so it does't connect to the new server yet.
      • July 4, 2020
    • davidmck
      davidmck Already tried disconnecting from internet, starting program, and then connect to internet - made no difference. Also getting message saying "Voicesupport is unable to load required control files"
      • July 5, 2020
    • davidmck
      vic91218 I can't connect to the voicesupport as well.. bummer. Guess I'll return this thing
      • July 5, 2020
  • New
    stephensmiles
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-04

I'm doing some recording with Ableton.  I'm about to buy a condenser mic, probably a Rode NT1 or Aston Origin. Both require 48v phantom power. Will my Voiceplay live support this or do I need to buy another Audio Interface?

0 494
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Actually I seem to have discovered that it does:-) Next question. Is there a flat (no effects) setting on the Voicelive play?
      • November 4, 2020
      • Voicelive Play Phantom Power
        leah Hello Stephen,
        The VoiceLive Play has a "Talk" mode where you can quickly bypass the effects from the current preset. This is done by holding down the HIT footswitch.
        If you'd like a dedicated preset with zero effects applied, you can either transfer a "Blank Preset" style to your device using VoiceSupport 2 or simply build a new preset with all effects off within the device.
        Hope this helps. Thanks!
        • November 4, 2020
      • Voicelive Play Phantom Power
        stephensmiles Thank you.
        • November 4, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      RexBeckett Hi Stephen, according to the specifications, Voicelive Play has a 48V phantom supply when enabled through the Setup menu.
      • November 4, 2020
  • edtullett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-23

Hey guys, I purchased a VoiceLive Touch 2 from you on eBay refurbished recently. It has the blue screen problem and is unusable. I managed to find the mac OS fix, but have tried it twice and it doesn't fix the problem. Please help, as I currently have a product I literally can't use!

read more...
    1 411
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, can I suggest you follow the process in the KB below? Let us know if this works for you. https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/3720
      • September 23, 2020
      • VoiceLive Touch 2 - Blue Screen, Fix not working
        edtullett yes this is exactly what I've tried a couple times, hasn't worked at all.
        • September 23, 2020
    • edtullett
      edtullett any ideas? If I can't fix this then I'm going to need to return the product.
      • September 24, 2020
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, you should try the above suggestion on a Windows Os machine as it may not work with a Mac.
      if after this you are still having issues, as you have acquired the unit refurbished from eBay you need to contact the reseller and request assistance on the unit to hopefully avoid any more trouble in this matter.
      • September 28, 2020
    • edtullett
      jape10 I have same problem...in case 3720 article is no any softeware file so where can I find it? Just Blue light on...
      • November 17, 2020
  • New
    burkeingraffia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

I have a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2.  It has always worked well, and this morning I thought I would see if there was a firmware upgrade.

I'm on a Mac (Catalina OS).

I downloaded the VoiceSupport2 app for Mac, and everything seemed OK, at first. My computer recognized the pedal plugged in via USB and said it needed a firmware update.  It started through the process and then it errored out.

I have tried everything from rebooting the Mac (with and without the pedal connected), and nothing works.  The pedal is not even recognized my the Mac in the System Report. The pedal still powers up but does not work at all. 

Is there a way to directly add (or reset the original) firmware without VoiceSupport2?  Is this pedal bricked because the firmware update and VoiceSupport2 will never allow the computer processor inside of the pedal to ever work again? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 327
    • burkeingraffia
      burkeingraffia Also, the very poor VoiceSupport2 software offers me a link to a page that is no longer there: https://music-group.force.com/musickb/view/article/tch/VoiceSupport-Can-t-connect-update-device-228160107
      • Jan 23
    • burkeingraffia
      PedroRodrigues Hi, burkeingraffiaI would suggest performing first a factory reset followed by a firmware update.
      To restoring the factory preset in the Mic Mechanic, first you must downloading the VoiceSupport application. Then simply click the first preset in the list and SHIFT and click the last preset in VoiceSupport, and then press “Apply Changes” to start initialization of the program.
      Warning! This procedure will return all of the settings to the values when the Mic Mechanic was shipped from the factory. Do not use this function unless you are certain that you want to do this. Hopefully the article of “Restore the Mic Mechanic to the Factory Preset” was useful.
      To assist you on the firmware update process please follow the link below and confirm that you are connecting your unit to a USB 2.0 PORT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHsxKB-0CM
      Thank you
      • Jan 28
  • New
    BenjaminCleek
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-31

I just got a voicelive 3 and it's a beast and I'm totally in love with it. My only real issues with it are ergonomic, but given the amount of features it packs, this was clearly well thought out. I use it in composing, post production and live performance environments. MIDI is a heavy part of everything I do, and I was disappointed to see the limited MIDI capabilities. I know you've discontinued it, but I really feel that this piece has the capability to capture the imagination of every electronic music producer out there......if only it had full MIDI implementation for all parameters.

Will there ever be another firmware update? And if so, I have so much to add to that conversation ;)

read more...
    0 302
    • BenjaminCleek
      PedroRodrigues Hi Benjamin, please be aware that you can follow the link below to access the VOICELIVE 3 Manual for this unit and please check the following pages to access the full MIDI implementation
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CDY

-Page 71 to access MIDI SYNC
      -Page 140 to access the Looping and MIDI Sync
      -Page 151 to access for MIDI TAB
      -Page 175 for MIDI CC List
      The he MIDI implementation in VL3 is essentially the same as the VoiceLive 2…There can be up to 500 presets loaded into a VoiceLive 3, and it’s possible to navigate between these presets with an external controller sending MIDI Control Change (“CC”) and Program Change (“PC”) messages.
      The VoiceLive 3 can receive CC and PC messages via MIDI from sources like keyboards, footswitches, DAWs, and more. For the controlling device to send a MIDI message to VL3 it needs to be using the same MIDI channel as the VL3, typically this is channel 1 but you’re welcome to change it. Also make sure you aren’t misusing the MIDI input filters, and ensure that the MIDI input is set to be either “USB” (for the USB-mini input) or “MIDI Ports” (for the 5-pin MIDI input) depending on how you're connecting. These settings can be changed in VL3’s “Setup” menu, on the “MIDI” tab.
      *INSERT PIC OF MIDI TAB*
      To change Presets via MIDI, first tell the VL3 which Bank to look in, then tell it which Preset in that Bank you want to change to.
      Bank select: To specify the desired bank, issue an LSB Bank select message (CC#32) with a value of 0-3.
      Preset Select: After specifying the Bank, issue a PC Preset select message with a value of 0-127.
      MSB LSB VL3Bank Program Change (PC) VL3 Preset #
      0 0 0 0-127 1-128
      0 1 1 0-127 129-256
      0 2 2 0-127 257-384
      0 3 3 0-115 385-500

The internal number associated with a Preset isn’t exactly what you see on the VL3’s screen, they’re actually all off by 1. This is because internally the list of Presets actually starts at an index of 0. This means that 0 = Preset #1, 1 = Preset #2, 2 = Preset #3, etc. It’s like your presets are saved from 0-499 but are displayed as 1-500.
      There are 4 Banks in VL3, and each Bank contains 128 Presets. Therefore the Preset selection number that goes to VL3 needs to be between 1 and 128. So for a Preset above 128, you need to subtract the number of the first Preset in the same Bank to get the MIDI Program Change info.
      The 9-digit message for changing to a preset is in the format of:
      MSB LSB PC#
      Or, you can first send a CC#32 of the Bank you’re looking in, then a PC value of the Preset you want.
      Here are some examples:
      Preset #5 would be: 5 - 1 = 4
      000 000 004
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 4
      Preset #100 would be: 100 - 1 = 99
      000 000 099
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 99
      Preset #208 would be: 208 - 129 = 79 (because Preset #208 is in Bank 1, which starts at Preset #129)
      000 001 079
      or CC#32 value 1, then PC 79
      Preset 259 would be: 259 - 257 = 2
      000 002 002
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 2
      Preset 322 would be: 322 - 257 = 65
      000 002 065
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 65
      Preset 491 would be: 491 - 385 = 106
      000 003 106
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 106
      Preset 500 would be: 500 - 385 = 115
      000 003 115
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 115

When you try to address a Preset that does not exist (either an empty spot or one outside the 1-500 range), there is no built-in warning system, VL3 just won’t do anything. So if you can see the “MIDI” indication on the VL3 appearing when you send commands, but are not getting the Preset to change, ensure you’re not referencing an empty or non-existent Preset location.
      *INSERT PIC OF THE MIDI POPUP*
      If that all seems too complicated for you, consider using Steps instead of Presets. Steps are essentially Presets within a Preset, and you can have up to 10 Steps all in the same Preset. If your current Preset contains the Steps you’ll be using, it just takes a single CC message to choose your Step…
      CC 115 = Step
      Value represents Step Number, i.e. 1 = Step 1, 2 = Step 2, etc.
      So sending a CC#115 with a value of 2 will take you to the second Step in your current Preset.

Sources:
      https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/view/article/tch/en_US/VoiceLive-3-Selecting-Presets-and-Banks-via-MIDI-228155247

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/6-what-msb-lsb-refer-for-changing-banks-andprograms/

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?14591-Midi-PRESET-Change&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?15866-Voice-Live-3-Set-List-Maker-on-iPAD&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi
      I hope this helps
      • Jan 11
    • BenjaminCleek
      PetGerbil None of those musictribe "Sources" go anywhere/timeout... Because this site is "Proudly powered by Potato!"
      • Jan 11
      • Voicelive 3 - full MIDI support please!
        PetGerbil And, No. there will be no more firmware updates.
        • Jan 11
  • New
    Steveosays
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-04

I just bought my tc helicon voicelive touch version 1 and when I plug into mixer, there is no sound or signal coming out of the helicon. I'm not sure if there something wrong but I would really use further assistance.

0 233
    • Steveosays
      Nigel67 I would first of all perform a factory reset, and then connect to voicesupport and upgrade the unit to its latest version. This is all detailed in the User Manual
      https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/documents/tchelicon/voicelivetouchcompletemanualengv1-2.pdf
      Once you have done this sing into the unit, turn up the input level control and see if the signal and peak lights come on. If they do, then you are getting signal into the unit. Does your microphone require phantom power? If you then plug some headphones in and turn up the level control, do you hear anything in them? Which outputs are you using on the rear of the unit. What sort of jacks are you using. Are there any conversion connectors. Are the cables balanced or unbalanced to the amplifier?
      • November 3, 2020
      • TC Helicon Voicelive touch not working/no signal
        Steveosays I’ve tried holding the octave, low and bass bottoms and no reset has worked. It would just say ready.
        • Jan 13
        Steveosays I’ve had this thing for almost a year now and have yet to play it. Heard amazing things and because I do not have a job that allows me the brand new voicelive touch, I had to proceed with the version 1. Which was not cheap and spent time saving in order to acquire. It’s really sad.
        • Jan 13
        Nigel67 Have you tried connecting it to VoiceSupport and seeing if you can upgrade the unit? Please could you answer my original questions about the signal LED and microphone, etc. This will hopefully help identify the issue. You mentioned that none of the buttons worked when you tried the reset. Have you taken the protective film covering of the front of the unit as this could stop the buttons from working? If pressing the buttons still doesn't work, the the unit will have to be serviced. In which case please submit a service ticket by going to the Support Tab at the top of the page.
        • Jan 14
  • New
    sry110
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-03

Hi All-  I have a question which is hopefully an easy one!  I have a TC Helicon Harmony G-XT (in the Voicetone series) which I have running into a mixer.  The mixer has +48V phantom power option which I have not needed to switch on until now, when I am trying to also run a condenser mic cirectly into the mixer.  My question is, will the +48V phantom power at the mixer inputs have any negative effect on the Harmony GX-T which is connected to the mixer via XLR cables?

read more...
    0 215
    • sry110
      kiskadar69 I tried this with a TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play GTX. There was no problem.
      • Jan 4
    • sry110
      kiskadar69 Although there was someone who had a problem with a Mic Mechanic 2:

"Mic Mechanic 2 works fine when phantom from mixer or Fishman Loudbox turned off. When phantom power from the mixer/loudbox is on, the volume of the mic drops by about two thirds. Doesn't matter what mic I use, dynamic like SM57 or condenser like AKG C1000s or Shure Beta 87A. Many mixers don't have individual channel control for phantom meaning I can't use the Mic Mechanic 2 unless that channel's phantom power can be turned off. Tried multiple mics, cables, Mic Mechanic 2 with power supply or batteries. Anyone else having this problem?" (Gerald Jones,2017.11.17.)
      • Jan 4
    • sry110
      kiskadar69 This has already been answered in the TC-Helicon FAQ (the question probably concerned a VoiceTone D1):

"Connecting outputs of TC-Helicon products to phantom power inputs

Question: Can I connect the outputs of my TC-Helicon product to an input which has phantom power engaged?
      Answer: Yes, its safe to plug the outputs of any TC-Helicon product to an input which has phantom power engaged. As plugging an output into a phantom power input can cause a current spike, the safest way to set this up is to hook up all cables before powering up the PA/amp. Once all cables are hooked up, power up the TC-Helicon product before the PA/amp is powered up."
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=bbb06d8a-6c30-ea11-a812-000d3a081b66&brand=TC%20Helicon
      • Jan 4
  • kingofthenight
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    Hi guys . Anyone knows how to set the backing tracks isolated output on VoiceLive 3 X? Found a scheme where says that the gtr outputs are to be used but that ones not working.
    0 203
    • kingofthenight
      PedroRodrigues Hi kingofthenight on the output Tab on the backing track setting you will be able to route the backing tracks to the guitar outs.
      If both outputs are connected, the signal is in stereo. If one is connected, the signal is summed to mono.
      This mode allows you to have a two-component Backing Track where “the click” is sent to one ¼” output and “the track” to the other.
      These signals can then be independently routed wherever you wish.
      Usually, you will have “the track” go to FOH and “the click” to a monitor mix .
      If you’re listening to Backing Tracks over your headphones, you’ll hear the split tracks as described here, with “the click” on one side and “the track” in the other.
      I hope this helps
      • August 12, 2020
      • VL3 X  backing tracks output?
        kingofthenight Hi Pedro and thanks. I’m sorry but I don’t see the output tab for the backing tracks anywhere? Do I need the Software update or? I’m running the 2.0.00 build 311 manufacture date 2019.05.01.
        • September 14, 2020
    • kingofthenight
      PedroRodrigues Hi kingofthenight thank you for your reply, please make sure that the backing track must be 16 bit resolution at 48 kHz. Please follow the link below to check a video that will help you o this matter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRagA1EToU4
      • September 14, 2020
  • New
    Frank00
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-22

Does the voicelive play have enough gain for an SM7B mic?  Does it have an onboard preamp? 

0 202
    • Frank00
      DavidKnighton Hello Frank,
      Yes, the Voicelive Play has a built-in preamp with a dedicated control knob. The user manual specifies to use the DYNAMIC MIC setting for dynamic mics like SM58 or OM5. This tells me the device is more or less tailored for use with the more common dynamic vocal mics, but since every person has a different vocal range, the preamp should allow quite a wide range of SPL. Looking at the SHURE SM guide, you can see the SM7B has a much lower output level than SM58 by comparison, so you'll end up using much more gain level on the preamp. How much gain level really depends on the person standing in front of the mic, so it's difficult to give a clear answer. If you're a strong winded vocalist, I would say go for it, but if you're soft spoken, then you may want to do a little more research. Here's a link to the SHURE SM guide for your viewing pleasure.

https://pubs-api.shure.com/file/260007
      • December 23, 2020
    • Frank00
      MartyCansler Hi Frank, did you ever try the voice live play with the SM7B?
      • Jan 12
      • TC helicon voicelive play as a preamp?
        Frank00 I can confirm you do not need an additional pre-amp if you have the Voicelive Play and an SM7B. I just tried it. With the Soyuz Launcher and my voice through the SM7B, I turn the input gain to 11-12 o'clock on my Focusrite 2i2 with phantom power on to get a consistent green signal. Using the Voicelive Play and the SM7B, I turn the input gain to the 2 o'clock position (no phantom power required) for a consistent green signal.
        • Jan 14
  • BenPearce
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-18

I have my Voice live 3 plugged into my computer via USB. I have Ableton open with the VoiceLive 3 set to both the input and output device in Ableton preferences. I have tried all the different USB input/output settings on my VL3 and the USB volume is turned up in the VL3 mixer. My computer is recieving audio from the VL3, but I am unable to hear the computers audio through the VL3.

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

read more...
    0 198
    • BenPearce
      PedroRodrigues Hi Ben I’m sorry in advance for the extensive reply but I think is best for your to have the full picture of your unit when it comes to interface with a computer and to be honest I think that matter is more a routing issue on your DAW .Please be aware that the USB audio in VoiceLive 3 only supports 2 channels, this means you unfortunately cannot do crazy multitracking with simultaneous separated auxiliary, backing track, stereo vocal, and stereo guitar channels. But we have included multiple modes for different uses to make the most of these 2 channels.
      There are three different input modes for VoiceLive 3 to receive USB audio from your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Input tab under the USB Mode parameter:
      STEREO USB audio from your computer is received with its panning intact, as a stereo signal. Incoming USB audio competes with the backing track player (Extreme only), and levels can be edited in the VoiceLive 3's "Mix" menu. USB output back to your computer is locked to a full stereo mix (wet vocals and wet guitar together)
      DAW TRACKING Incoming USB audio is stereo and one-way, as in VoiceLive 3 does not return the USB audio coming from your computer back into the computer
      DAW INSERT For applying VoiceLive 3's effects to dry audio from your computer. USB audio received from your computer is expected to be panned - audio panned left will go through VoiceLive 3s vocal path, and audio panned right will go through VoiceLive 3s instrument path
      There are also a couple output modes for how your VoiceLive 3 sends its audio (your vocal and guitar signals) into your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Output tab under the USB Output Mode parameter:
      STEREO USB audio output to your computer is a stereo mix of wet vocals and wet guitar
      SAME AS XLR The two left and right USB audio channels (1 and 2 respectively) sending to your computer mimic the two main XLR outputs from the VoiceLive 3
      DRY VOX L / GUITAR R Mono dry vocals are sent to your computer on channel 1, and mono dry guitar is sent to your computer on channel 2
      If you want to essentially use your VoiceLive 3 as a USB hardware plugin with your DAW, we recommend using the DAW INSERT input mode and the SAME AS XLR output mode, with the XLR Output Mode set to Dual Mono.
      With this setup, audio from your DAW panned left will be fed through VoiceLive 3s vocal path and back out wet in mono to channel 1, and audio from your DAW panned right will be fed through VoiceLive 3s guitar path and back out wet in mono to channel 2.
      • August 19, 2020
    • BenPearce
      BenPearce Thanks for your response Pedro. I have read the above documentation on VL3's USB modes, and I have tried switching through them. I don't think the issue is with routing in my DAW, because when I switch Ableton's output device to my normal audio interface I hear the output audio as expected.
      • August 19, 2020
      • Can't hear USB Audio Input on the Head Phone Output - Voice Live 3
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ben, that is exactly what I mean the routing of your DAW when operating with the VL3 as a audio interface, please have into consideration that when you do use it it has the limitation stated above
        • August 19, 2020
        BenPearce But on "Stereo USB" and "DAW Tracking" input mode the DAW's output should be routed through the VL3 headphone output, right?
        • ·
        • August 19, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ben Pearce Please go to the Main Mix Menu and please confirm how you have set up the Headphones Mix
        • August 20, 2020
Go to page