Statistics

249,407 members
126,412 posts
  • BenPearce
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-18

I have my Voice live 3 plugged into my computer via USB. I have Ableton open with the VoiceLive 3 set to both the input and output device in Ableton preferences. I have tried all the different USB input/output settings on my VL3 and the USB volume is turned up in the VL3 mixer. My computer is recieving audio from the VL3, but I am unable to hear the computers audio through the VL3.

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

read more...
    0 243
    • BenPearce
      PedroRodrigues Hi Ben I’m sorry in advance for the extensive reply but I think is best for your to have the full picture of your unit when it comes to interface with a computer and to be honest I think that matter is more a routing issue on your DAW .Please be aware that the USB audio in VoiceLive 3 only supports 2 channels, this means you unfortunately cannot do crazy multitracking with simultaneous separated auxiliary, backing track, stereo vocal, and stereo guitar channels. But we have included multiple modes for different uses to make the most of these 2 channels.
      There are three different input modes for VoiceLive 3 to receive USB audio from your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Input tab under the USB Mode parameter:
      STEREO USB audio from your computer is received with its panning intact, as a stereo signal. Incoming USB audio competes with the backing track player (Extreme only), and levels can be edited in the VoiceLive 3's "Mix" menu. USB output back to your computer is locked to a full stereo mix (wet vocals and wet guitar together)
      DAW TRACKING Incoming USB audio is stereo and one-way, as in VoiceLive 3 does not return the USB audio coming from your computer back into the computer
      DAW INSERT For applying VoiceLive 3's effects to dry audio from your computer. USB audio received from your computer is expected to be panned - audio panned left will go through VoiceLive 3s vocal path, and audio panned right will go through VoiceLive 3s instrument path
      There are also a couple output modes for how your VoiceLive 3 sends its audio (your vocal and guitar signals) into your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Output tab under the USB Output Mode parameter:
      STEREO USB audio output to your computer is a stereo mix of wet vocals and wet guitar
      SAME AS XLR The two left and right USB audio channels (1 and 2 respectively) sending to your computer mimic the two main XLR outputs from the VoiceLive 3
      DRY VOX L / GUITAR R Mono dry vocals are sent to your computer on channel 1, and mono dry guitar is sent to your computer on channel 2
      If you want to essentially use your VoiceLive 3 as a USB hardware plugin with your DAW, we recommend using the DAW INSERT input mode and the SAME AS XLR output mode, with the XLR Output Mode set to Dual Mono.
      With this setup, audio from your DAW panned left will be fed through VoiceLive 3s vocal path and back out wet in mono to channel 1, and audio from your DAW panned right will be fed through VoiceLive 3s guitar path and back out wet in mono to channel 2.
      • August 19, 2020
    • BenPearce
      BenPearce Thanks for your response Pedro. I have read the above documentation on VL3's USB modes, and I have tried switching through them. I don't think the issue is with routing in my DAW, because when I switch Ableton's output device to my normal audio interface I hear the output audio as expected.
      • August 19, 2020
      • Can't hear USB Audio Input on the Head Phone Output - Voice Live 3
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ben, that is exactly what I mean the routing of your DAW when operating with the VL3 as a audio interface, please have into consideration that when you do use it it has the limitation stated above
        • August 19, 2020
        BenPearce But on "Stereo USB" and "DAW Tracking" input mode the DAW's output should be routed through the VL3 headphone output, right?
        • ·
        • August 19, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ben Pearce Please go to the Main Mix Menu and please confirm how you have set up the Headphones Mix
        • August 20, 2020
  • snotice
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

Hi, TC has so many different units incorporating vocal effects that it's hard to know which is best for singer/acoustic guitar. I can't afford $800 for the Voicelive 3 so I back ordered the Play Acoustic at Sweetwater. Meanwhile I see all your videos for that unit are very old (like 7 years) so I'm wondering if the Play Acoustic is old technology by now?  I was attracted by the "Acoustic" in the name but now I'm wondering if I'm going to get stuck, and maybe I should switch my order to a more modern unit before it's too late? Can you make a recommendation and give some insight as to which units are the most up to date? Thanks!

read more...
    0 242
    • snotice
      PedroRodrigues Hi Steve, please be aware that any of the TC HELICON unit are up to at and generally they work with the more recent OS relapsed, another point to consider is the fact that any unit when accompanied by the original invoice will always be covered in warranty by the defined period in the respective territory of purchase. I would suggest to follow the link below to access our products so you can analyze the best option for your needs. Thank you https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/search-results.html?queryStr=voicelive
      • October 26, 2020
      • Is Play Acoustic still supported or obsolete?
        snotice You still didn’t fully answer the question, so i’ll rephrase: Is the Voicelive Play Acoustic (black) still being manufactured? If not, is the Voicelive Play (the blue one with the same form factor) the direct replacement, and does it contain all the same abilities (software) as the Voicelive Play Acoustic? Or, is there some other model voice unit that has replaced both of them - other than the Voicelive 3 which I can’t afford for $800? Even if unsold units of the Play Acoustic are still available I don’t want to buy one if the model is formally discontinued. I only want models that are under current production and are still being fully supported and regularly updated with new software. Please help me make my purchase by giving me straight and complete information. Thank you.
        • October 26, 2020
    • snotice
      PedroRodrigues Hi Steve,Thank you for your reply, Please be aware that at this moment all the Voicelive Play line is not discontinued and as I mentioned on the previous message if you present your invoice and the unit is still in warranty any unit will be supported.
      Please follow the link below to access our TC HELICON Main Page so you can see all the units that are in production, the units that are not in production they will have a warning stating Legacy
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/search-results.html?queryStr=VOICELIVE
      • October 27, 2020
    • snotice
      HaloRecordings snotice. I understand your question and I'm in the same boat. The Play Acoustic (PA) has been out for several years. Too many. I would think there's a new model in the $300 range on the horizon. The VoiceLive 3 is not only out of my price range too, it's way too complicated for my needs. I use the original Harmony G pedal and have been using it since it came out about 10 years ago. I run the Guitar THRU into my pedalboard and I love the pedal. But I want to upgrade to something that has a more accurate harmonies along with guitar effects. The PA comes close to what I'm looking for but it is old and it doesn't have the I/O's I would expect in a pedal at this price point. And a little note to answer your question about the PA being in production. The answer TC gave you was a link to a a list of all "in production" vocal pedals. The PA is not listed. So I would think they are no longer being produced. This may be why I've seen them at lower prices. Get rid of the old stock before the new and improved model comes out. I'm sticking with my Harmony G. If TC does release a new model I hope it has the following: Guitar IN and THRU (to run a guitar to a pedalboard and Amp}. A separate Guitar XLR/1/4 Inch Combo Stereo OUT with the onboard effects. XLR Combo Stereo Vocals Out, MIDI in and USB C. Similar to the Boss VE-8 and VoiceLive 3. Good Luck.
      • Feb 1
  • New
    rmwestjr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

I am thinking about buying a Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme unit.  I downloaded the manual and see where I can send MIDI CC messages to the unit to turn ON/OFF various effects in the unit.

I can see that I can specifically turn ON/OFF harmony.  I want to know if I can change the unit's harmony preset before turning ON and OFF that harmony.

The reason I ask this is that my band uses MIDI for our rhythm and bass section.  I would like to use a MIDI channel to select a preset, control the harmony via MIDI notes on one of the MIDI tracks, and turn ON/OFF those harmonies at selected times in each song.

Thank you in advance.

read more...
    0 237
    • rmwestjr
      PedroRodrigues Hi rmwestjr the MIDI implementation in VL3 is essentially the same as the VoiceLive 2…
      There can be up to 500 presets loaded into a VoiceLive 3, and it’s possible to navigate between these presets with an external controller sending MIDI Control Change (“CC”) and Program Change (“PC”) messages. The VoiceLive 3 can receive CC and PC messages via MIDI from sources like keyboards, footswitches, DAWs, and more. For the controlling device to send a MIDI message to VL3 it needs to be using the same MIDI channel as the VL3, typically this is channel 1 but you’re welcome to change it. Also make sure you aren’t misusing the MIDI input filters, and ensure that the MIDI input is set to be either “USB” (for the USB-mini input) or “MIDI Ports” (for the 5-pin MIDI input) depending on how you're connecting. These settings can be changed in VL3’s “Setup” menu, on the “MIDI” tab.
      *INSERT PIC OF MIDI TAB*
      To change Presets via MIDI, first tell the VL3 which Bank to look in, then tell it which Preset in that Bank you want to change to.
      Bank select: To specify the desired bank, issue an LSB Bank select message (CC#32) with a value of 0-3.
      Preset Select: After specifying the Bank, issue a PC Preset select message with a value of 0-127.
      MSB LSB VL3Bank Program Change (PC) VL3 Preset #
      0 0 0 0-127 1-128
      0 1 1 0-127 129-256
      0 2 2 0-127 257-384
      0 3 3 0-115 385-500

The internal number associated with a Preset isn’t exactly what you see on the VL3’s screen, they’re actually all off by 1. This is because internally the list of Presets actually starts at an index of 0. This means that 0 = Preset #1, 1 = Preset #2, 2 = Preset #3, etc. It’s like your presets are saved from 0-499 but are displayed as 1-500.
      There are 4 Banks in VL3, and each Bank contains 128 Presets. Therefore the Preset selection number that goes to VL3 needs to be between 1 and 128. So for a Preset above 128, you need to subtract the number of the first Preset in the same Bank to get the MIDI Program Change info.
      The 9-digit message for changing to a preset is in the format of:
      MSB LSB PC#
      Or, you can first send a CC#32 of the Bank you’re looking in, then a PC value of the Preset you want.
      Here are some examples:
      Preset #5 would be: 5 - 1 = 4
      000 000 004
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 4
      Preset #100 would be: 100 - 1 = 99
      000 000 099
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 99
      Preset #208 would be: 208 - 129 = 79 (because Preset #208 is in Bank 1, which starts at Preset #129)
      000 001 079
      or CC#32 value 1, then PC 79
      Preset 259 would be: 259 - 257 = 2
      000 002 002
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 2
      Preset 322 would be: 322 - 257 = 65
      000 002 065
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 65
      Preset 491 would be: 491 - 385 = 106
      000 003 106
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 106
      Preset 500 would be: 500 - 385 = 115
      000 003 115
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 115

When you try to address a Preset that does not exist (either an empty spot or one outside the 1-500 range), there is no built-in warning system, VL3 just won’t do anything. So if you can see the “MIDI” indication on the VL3 appearing when you send commands, but are not getting the Preset to change, ensure you’re not referencing an empty or non-existent Preset location.
      *INSERT PIC OF THE MIDI POPUP*
      If that all seems too complicated for you, consider using Steps instead of Presets. Steps are essentially Presets within a Preset, and you can have up to 10 Steps all in the same Preset. If your current Preset contains the Steps you’ll be using, it just takes a single CC message to choose your Step…
      CC 115 = Step
      Value represents Step Number, i.e. 1 = Step 1, 2 = Step 2, etc.
      So sending a CC#115 with a value of 2 will take you to the second Step in your current Preset.

Sources:
      https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/view/article/tch/en_US/VoiceLive-3-Selecting-Presets-and-Banks-via-MIDI-228155247
      https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/6-what-msb-lsb-refer-for-changing-banks-andprograms/
      https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?14591-Midi-PRESET-Change&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi
      https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?15866-Voice-Live-3-Set-List-Maker-on-iPAD&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi I hope this helps ......Thank You
      • Mar 14
      • Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme MIDI Control Question
        PetGerbil I don't know if it's a "permission" issue, and you can access it but we can't. But those links you posted don't work..(except the sweetwater one.)
        I get a "Server not found" error message.?
        • Mar 14
  • kingofthenight
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    Hi guys . Anyone knows how to set the backing tracks isolated output on VoiceLive 3 X? Found a scheme where says that the gtr outputs are to be used but that ones not working.
    0 227
    • kingofthenight
      PedroRodrigues Hi kingofthenight on the output Tab on the backing track setting you will be able to route the backing tracks to the guitar outs.
      If both outputs are connected, the signal is in stereo. If one is connected, the signal is summed to mono.
      This mode allows you to have a two-component Backing Track where “the click” is sent to one ¼” output and “the track” to the other.
      These signals can then be independently routed wherever you wish.
      Usually, you will have “the track” go to FOH and “the click” to a monitor mix .
      If you’re listening to Backing Tracks over your headphones, you’ll hear the split tracks as described here, with “the click” on one side and “the track” in the other.
      I hope this helps
      • August 12, 2020
      • VL3 X  backing tracks output?
        kingofthenight Hi Pedro and thanks. I’m sorry but I don’t see the output tab for the backing tracks anywhere? Do I need the Software update or? I’m running the 2.0.00 build 311 manufacture date 2019.05.01.
        • September 14, 2020
    • kingofthenight
      PedroRodrigues Hi kingofthenight thank you for your reply, please make sure that the backing track must be 16 bit resolution at 48 kHz. Please follow the link below to check a video that will help you o this matter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRagA1EToU4
      • September 14, 2020
  • New
    Seemam3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-05

I own a TC Helicon Play Acoustic vocal processor and love it. I'm considering buying a SingThing as a portable practice amp. I love the presets on the Play Acoustic and am trying to find a list of presets on the SingThing but can't find it anywhere in the documentation or on the website. I have a few favorite Play Acoustic presets I'm hoping are on the SingThing before I purchase. Is there a list out there that I am just not seeing? Thanks!

read more...
    0 218
  • DavidDove
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    I've been experiencing a few problems with the Voicelive 3 extreme recently. I start off recording a loop and it gradually goes out of sync and I'm not sure if its something to do with Tempo Locking or if there's another setting I need to adjust. Also sometimes when I finish an overdub and I pressed 'End Overdub' and start to play over the loop I just created, there's a bit of the recording on the overdub I just played live and I've no idea why. I've set the voicelive in the looper to to Queue Overdub off so I can start recording anywhere in the loop from say track A. I'm just wandering would it be that when I start and end recording if I haven't recorded quite enough would that bleed over be still recorded even when I press the End Overdub button.
    read more...
    0 217
  • djmorgan17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-11

New thread.  So I'm trying to learn VoiceLive3 and got to say I think the manual sucks.  It was only after bumbling around on Google trying to find out how portamento and smoothing were handled on the VL3 that I found a random reference and pulled down the VL2 manual.  WHY THE HELL isn't all the good stuff that's in the VL2 manual about the effects of all the different harmony controls and settings also in the VL3 manual?!?!?  Why do I have to bumble around to stumble on it in an older manual?   Not good TC Helicon.  

And since there's a difference between VL2 and VL3 and the VL3 manual is woefully incomplete... can someone please tell me:

Is the "Midi" harmony mode on the VL3 the same as the Midi Notes 4 Chan harmony mode on the VL2?  If not, is there a way to make the VL3 let me hit on the keyboard the exact harmony notes I want sung ?  And does the octave matter?  Does it actually place the harmonies on the real note(s) I play (like C4 E4 G4, or does it transpose the notes to some in range octave (which would let me play the harmonies I want with my left hand while I played something different with my right)?????    

(Also - is the 8 voice midi controlled harmony of the VL2 not available in the VL3?  If this is TC Helicon answering - why did they kill it?  was it overkill, as in no one used 8 voice harmonies?)     

Thanks for any assistance.

read more...
    0 173
    • djmorgan17
      kiskadar69 It is not mentioned in the VoiceLive 3 manual, but there should also be Notes mode:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfqqTnhLJCg
      • September 13, 2020
    • djmorgan17
      kiskadar69 "Does it transpose the notes to some in range octave (which would let me play the harmonies I want with my left hand while I played something different with my right)?"
      In Notes ("Manual") mode, older TC-Helicon devices have modified the received Note On octave according to a global parameter. In VoiceLive 3, IMO this is the SETUP / TRANSPOSE parameter (TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Reference Manual, page 152). You have to try.
      • September 13, 2020
  • RandyB
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-13
    I am trying to set up my MIDI Baby 3 to turn on and off harmonies on my Voicelive Touch 2 with a CC message and not having success. I have emailed Disaster Area and await a response. All the commands seem to be sent out right. I duplicated what gets sent from the onboard harmony switch on the VLT2 and a Switch 3. I am hoping there is someone who has been successful doing this. There is a twist that may be a hint. If I connect a 5 pin MIDI cable and turn on MIDI rather than USB on the VLT2 it works. The messages sent are a little different though. There is a Merge setting on the VLT2 that allows Midi on both USB and 5 pin but when that is on the VLT2 does not get the PC message when I swipe to the next song. For that to work it must be set to USB. I have posted to Facebook group, nothing so far. MIDI Baby 3 is sending up and down page CC commands to my iPad running BandHelper. Looking for suggestions.
    read more...
    0 164
    • RandyB
      leah Hey Randy! It looks like William from our Customer Quality Support team has reached out to you via email. Please check out your email inbox and respond to William's email for further assistance. Thanks!
      • June 19, 2020
    • RandyB
      RandyB Hi Leah, he has and I appreciate the time. here is my response, Hi William,

From Page 69 of the manual:
      MIDI CTRL parameter

The MIDI CTRL (Control) parameter defines which ports (USB and/or the physical MIDI input) are used byVoiceSupport soft- ware and for MIDI keyboard input and control.

Merge setting (default)

When you set the MIDI Control parameter to Merge, a computer running VoiceSupport software can be connected to the USB port to control and update the device. MIDI notes, control messages and MIDI Clock are received via the physical MIDI Input jack on the device.

MIDI setting

When you set the MIDI Control parameter to MIDI, the USB port is ignored. MIDI notes and control messages are received via the physical MIDI Input jack on the device.You can also use MIDI System Exclusive messages on the MIDI Input jack to import presets using librarian software on a computer.

USB setting

On this setting, the physical MIDI In is ignored.The USB port on the VoiceLive Touch 2 is used for both VoiceSupport and MIDI notes and control messages.

Here is my problem. If I choose MIDI in my settings I can turn off and on the CC changes for harmonies with my MIDI pedal, however I loose the ability to make Program changes so swiping to the next song to load the appropriate harmonies is lost. If I choose USB the opposite occurs no Harmonies off and on CC, Program changes work.

This statement from the manual means this should work hence I believe the device is not working as sold., .The USB port on the VoiceLive Touch 2 is used for both VoiceSupport and MIDI notes and control messages.

In response to your statement, "I believe it is usb in or midi in but not both."I know that it can do this from software because I was previously using click/backing tracks with MIDI through BandHelper on my iPad and the MIDI messages from the USB port to the VLT2 worked. Both CC and PC messages worked.

So it seems to me that this should work though the USB from the MIDI Baby 3 which is sending the correct info as can be seen by the fact that it gets through MIDI.

I see this as a broken function on a current product that needs to be repaired.

I have owned several TC Helicon Harmony pedals and I want to keep using them but this means I need to look elsewhere to get something that should be working according to our manual.

Hope to hear from you, happy to talk via Skype, ZOOM or phone,

Randy
      • June 20, 2020
  • nkrcompany
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Voicelive2, Voicelive play have MIDI CC114 control message to bypass effects. I cannot find any information about bypass MIDI message in Voicelive 3 extreme manual. I've tried sending CC114 with 127 value but nothing happens. Can you help me, how should I bypass vocal effects using midi? Thank you in advance

read more...
    0 147
    • nkrcompany
      PetGerbil Can you activate the Tuner from Midi ? That would bypass the Vocal effects.
      • September 17, 2020
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme bypass via Midi
        nkrcompany No, I can't because I don't know the midi CC of the tuner either. In the manual the midi cc list is too lightweight.
        • September 17, 2020
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme bypass via Midi
        PetGerbil Hmmm, The only other way I can think of is to maybe create a "Step" with all the fx off. Or,individually turn each effect off with seperate CC's. P.I.T.A either way. :/
        • September 17, 2020
  • New
    OldManZero
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

I recently came across a VoicePro rack unit and know that there was a 2.0 of the computer software (Vyzor) that was released for it in early 2009.  I can't seem to find a copy of it anywhere on the internet.  Additionally, there is zero mention of the VoicePro rack unit anywhere on TC-Helicon's site and no support documents are available.  

Is there a way to get a copy of that software?  I know there were issues with an outsourced company (Psicraft) but they are also out of business and have no website or active links that host the software.  

Any insight as to how this software may be acquired?  Thanks,

- Marc

read more...
    0 146
    • OldManZero
      PedroRodrigues Hi Marc, please follow the link below to access the Vyzor 2.0 for Mac and Win https://wsi.li/dl/Khpx6rhM44aQTmjcL/
      • December 3, 2020
      • Vyzor 2.0 Software for TC-Helicon VoicePro
        OldManZero Thank you, Pedro. However, this appears to be the TC Electronic G-System version of the software and not the TC-Helicon Voice System version which I need.
        • ·
        • December 3, 2020
        OldManZero
        • ·
        • December 3, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Marc, I'm sorry, but unfortunately the VoicePro is a legacy for some time unit so its no easy to search for any resources for this unit. I will try to source it on your database . Thank you
        • December 4, 2020
        OldManZero Did you have any luck finding this? Thanks.
        • December 22, 2020
    • OldManZero
      Erra I have Vyzor for Voice Pro, the problem is that it was free but you had to go to Psycraft website and register the product to get a password. Psycraft is offline and Wayback Machine doesn't allow to retrieve the password. So no password, and since it was free no cracks no passwords anywhere. Vyzor was a part of Midi Quest, which is still available to purchase, version 11 doesn't work with Voice Pro, up to date version 12 works but it is ridiculous expensive for what it does. So unless someone can manage a password for Vyzor which was free at the time, no editor is available, unless programming another software alternatives such as CTRLR
      • Jan 1
Go to page