Statistics

249,419 members
126,425 posts
  • New
    LiamOfArc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-17

I'm at a stalemate with my decision of what voicelive processes to get.

Now I have actually 3 in mind

VL2

VL3X

VL Rack

There is an extra choir effect on the VL3X but the digital out on the VL2 & VL Rack means I can us my Audient Nero converters when using the device to monitor giving me better detail and feedback.

Am I losing much if I get either the VL2 or VL Rack over the VL3X?

I will be using this for studio use and do not need the loops as such because I can do that in Ableton.

Maybe I can get a choir effect separately also ?

Having the digital put means I can get a spidf corx to optical converter to also feed a Goxlr so I can stream music creation with less analog conversation.

Or should I go with the VL3X and have another interface with digital outs for mixing and mastering?

Having the digital outs kinda makes it simpler and then easier to do everything in one place.

Anyone know why they did away with the digital ins and outs?

Orrrrrr..... does anyone know if a new VL Rack is coming out in the near future?

read more...
    0 35
    • LiamOfArc
      PedroRodrigues Hi Liam, thank you for your contact, for your description I would suggest the Voice Live 3 Extreme but please have in to consideration that none of these unit will allows a multitrack interaction via USB, all the units that you mentioned allow via USB a stereo signal integration . It is also important to consider that will not be possible to integrate any of these unit with another A/D/C as this will generate oversample and other issue that that will cause signal degradation among other problems. In relation to your last question please be aware that at this moment we cannot make any comments in relations to any new releases and we advise all customers to keep an eye on our social media of any updates. Thank you
      • November 17, 2020
    • LiamOfArc
      LiamOfArc huummm then my best bet is to spend less, go with a perform-vk and get another interface for the mixing and mastering stages.
      • November 17, 2020
    • LiamOfArc
      LiamOfArc I did want to try to keep it all to one unit, and the factor of the digital going strait in to the goxlr would mean the best possible audio translation when streaming and creating YouTube videos... I've not had a issue with the DAC before, I always make sure everything matches, but again there is no word clock and that makes a bug difference... I will have to rethink, but maybe I end up with the VoiceLive Rack... can you tell me if there is any difference in effects quality pre DAC with in comparison with the voicelive 3 extreme? apart from looping is the only thing I am losing is the choir effect? or again, have the effects themselves been upgraded in the version 3 of the voicelive series?
      • November 17, 2020
      • VL2 or VL3X? I want the digital in and out, but also want the extra effects
        PedroRodrigues Hi Liam please allow me to clarify that what I referred above is that is important to consider that will not be possible to integrate any of these unit with another A/D/C as this will generate oversample and other issue that that will cause signal degradation among other problems. I resume you cant use a VL3 X and a GOXLR connected to the same computer or on the same signal flow as both transform the analogue signal in digital and that will create the issues mentioned above. Please be aware that regarding the D/A/C (DIGITAL TO ANALOGUE CONVERSION) the chip used for this process is similar on both units, so there is no substantial different and effectively the VL3X offers more tools than the Voice Live Rack. Thank you
        • November 18, 2020
  • New
    pguise
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-12

Two questions: how can I update the firmware on my Perform-VE on linux (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS w/Ubuntu Studio pack)? And is it possible to use it as an interface on linux? I've seen on your support pages that it should be class compliant, but the device is showing no input or output channels in Jack.

read more...
    0 35
    • pguise
      NicJonesMT Hi Pguise.
      As I don't have access to a Linux machine I can't advise on this. However I have forwarded this over to the TC H team in Canada to see if they can advise further.

As soon as I get a response I will let you know.
      • Aug 13
    • pguise
      pguise I have just successfully updated the device to Version 2.0, although it was quite a challenge. First, I had to use my son's Windows 10 laptop. The installer ["TCH Dice USB Platform"] on your support site installed, but the Perform-VE wasn't recognized. So VoiceSupport2, which installed fine, also wouldn't recognize the device.
      • Sep 7
    • pguise
      pguise ...continued... (note to self: don't hit enter!) Luckily, the thread here <http://new-community.musictribe.com/discussions/144468/295395/tc-helicon-perform-ve-drivers-not-found> had the answer. In Windows, I searched for "TCHDiceUSBCustom.inf" and "TCHDiceUSBMedia.inf"; when the laptop found each file, I right-clicked and hit "install". With both files confirmed installed, I could then run VoiceSupport 2 and it immediately recognized the attached Perform-VE. Five minutes later, it was updated! Fantastic! Unfortunately, on Linux, it still shows "Perform-VE,0,0" meaning no inputs or outputs. Can tech support please confirm class compliance? Or was the information provided by TC-H tech support incorrect on class compliance?
      • Sep 7
  • New
    marcam
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-07

Good day. I have a question. According to the manual, the monitor setting option should be available in the menu on page 3/10 aux in type. I only have the option to live and track. Monitor is missing. Can you advise me please?
    well thank you

read more...
    0 35
  • ZaldyChua
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-09
    I'm trying to use VLR as my interface to my Presonus Studio One 4. I connected my mic into a DBX goRack which then goes to the VLR via the line in. The VLR is then connected to my computer via USB. It is also connected to a small mixer. My problem is I can't separate the dry vocals from the effects when I am recording. All I get is a full mix, unless I disable all effects. I suppose I could run the dry vocals back to the VLR but is there a way to have separate outs for the Dry and effects (similar to having the Mono output) as Digital Out? Please help. Thank you.
    read more...
    0 35
    • ZaldyChua
      kiskadar69 I don’t have a VoiceLive Rack, but according to the manual it’s not possible.
      "DIGITAL OUT: Configures the digital output between the stereo mix of VoiceLive Rack (FULL MIX), and separated, dry outputs used for recording (VOCAL & GUITAR)."
      • July 9, 2020
  • New
    AdamCCresswell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-11

Hi 

I bought a Mic Mechanic 2 on ebay and it has a totally jammed footswitch. The guy refunded me, but I don't like the idea of just throwing it away because there is nothing else wrong with it. Does anyone know where I can get the replacement footswitch parts so I can get it fixed? I'm based in the UK

Thanks

Adam

read more...
    0 34
    • AdamCCresswell
      Nigel67 Hi AdamCCresswell. Please send a ticket in to our Spares team and they will be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket.
      • Aug 11
  • New
    Jack80
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-02

I have a Harmony G-XT.  My foot sometimes hits the Voice buttons when stepping on the ON switch.  Is there a way to lock these Voice buttons once the preset has been saved or any suggestions on the best positioning for the pedal to avoid this from happening?

read more...
    0 34
    • Jack80
      kiskadar69 You should cover the VOICE switches somewhat (such as the way the potentiometers are covered on the Joyo JF-317 pedal).
      • Feb 2
    • Jack80
      kiskadar69 Q: Voicetone Series – Can I lock the Voice buttons?
      A: Unfortunately, it is not possible to lock these settings so in the instance they are knocked while playing it will change the preset, however, it will not save it so powering off the device will restore it to your saved presets. If the issue you are experiencing is catching the voice controls while turning the pedal on and off we would recommend looking into some footswitch toppers, these will give you a greater surface area to press down on and can be found in many different colours, shapes and size.
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=bcac4d3a-1266-eb11-a812-000d3ac94478
      • Feb 3
    • Jack80
      Jack80 Thanks so much for the suggestion for footswitch toppers.
      • Feb 3
  • New
    KhalilSullivan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-03

I'm hoping for some advice on a purchasing an A/B switch pedal to run through the TC Helicon VoiceLive 3, which would allow me to switch between an electric guitar or a keyboard. Has anyone ever used a switch pedal on this device? If so, which brand? Thanks!

read more...
    0 33
  • New
    Wilbil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-08

I've just noticed there is hardly any volume comeing out of the head phone jack on my VLT first gen. And when you turn it up it's distorted 

0 33
    • Wilbil
      PedroRodrigues Hi Wilbil please consider that in this case I would suggest first to confirm that you are using any type of Headphones adaptors as this may cause issues similar to the ones you are reporting.
      I would also suggest performing a reset on your unit, you can return all setup, preset and Favourite values to factory values in one reset operation.
      This cannot be undone.
      To reset all:
      1. Power up
      2.When the version number is shown in the display hold the Bass, Low and the top Octave harmony voicing buttons until you see “Factory Init”.
      Release.
      Individual edited presets and Favourites may be returned to factory settings by deleting them in the Presets window of VoiceSupport and then pressing the Apply Changes button.
      I hope this helps
      • Aug 9
    • Wilbil
      Nigel67 Hi Wilbil. Please send in a Service Ticket and we can get the unit booked in for you at a local repair centre to you. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you.
      • Aug 9
  • New
    DShermanJR
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

I have used this product for years owned three, sorry to hear that this unit has been disconituned. they last me about 3 to 4 years as I perform mostly outside in a humid sea climate 100 shows a season. what happens is when the Harmony button is engaged it effects the guitar sound (Chorus like) also I have noticed recently that I am getting high pitch squeal/feedback when using the harmonies. My levels are all good. anyway to service this or is the unit going south?

read more...
    0 33
  • New
    Gebaldwin69
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-10

My tc helicon D-1 is new.....It has failed....the power light does not come on anymore. It worked great for two recording sesssions. Where can I get it fixed in the Atlanta, GA or elsewhere?

0 32
    • Gebaldwin69
      DavidKnighton Hello Gebaldwin69,
      Sorry to hear of this issue. If the item is new, it should come with a factory warranty, and possible a dealer warranty as well. Contact the dealer and find out if they would honor an exchange. If the item doesn't qualify for exchange, proceed to a SERVICE REQUEST ticket by clicking on the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page. Our team will issue an RMA under warranty to have the item evaluated for repair.
      • Aug 10
Go to page