Statistics

254,883 members
132,625 posts
  • New
    ellaofthenet
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-29

Hi TC Helicon Community,

I've hit a block so I'm coming here to seek some help. Has anyone ever had any issues with the vocoder on Perform VE and setting the "middle C" or octave of the MIDI keyboard you're using?

I'll give a little background... I LOVE this pedal. I've been using it since 2018 and the one I have I bought towards the end of 2019 after my other one broke. I'm very familiar with it, and have successfully ran harmonies using the vocoder before this problem started. Only recently have I had the issue (with different keyboards AND different MIDI cables) that it seems to be picking up only low octave keys from the keyboard. At first I thought it was the type of keyboard I was trying sending multiple MIDI information so I went back to my simple keyboard that has always worked with it and the problem is persisting.

- I have used VoiceSupport2 to update the firmware to version 2.0 build 76

- I have tried holding the "set" button and pressing other keys to try to get it to change octaves - it won't

- I have tried on mono/poly, all the vocoder settings, and using the sampler to play notes and still, all I'm getting is low low MIDI keys being triggered (not what I'm playing)

I love this pedal so much and don't want to replace it but this issue has really been a thorn in the flow of creating/performing so if anyone has any guidance I would really appreciate it! 

(Some extra words to help with keyword search): perform-ve, octave settings, vocoder, MIDI keyboard, set button, MIDI problem, MIDI issue, MIDI patch, morph button.

Thank you!

read more...
    0 37
  • New
    PatGuitar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-27

I have lost the PSU for my Harmony G-XT and I am trying to find out what voltage it takes. Unfortunately the pedal itself only shows the required polarity, but not the voltage, and the manual gives no relevant information. I am guessing 12V DC, but I want to make sure before I buy a new PSU. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

read more...
    0 36
    • PatGuitar
      Dale_M Please contact our Spares department via the support tab above ans select spare parts, they can advise you.
      • Jul 27
  • New
    DShermanJR
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

I have used this product for years owned three, sorry to hear that this unit has been disconituned. they last me about 3 to 4 years as I perform mostly outside in a humid sea climate 100 shows a season. what happens is when the Harmony button is engaged it effects the guitar sound (Chorus like) also I have noticed recently that I am getting high pitch squeal/feedback when using the harmonies. My levels are all good. anyway to service this or is the unit going south?

read more...
    0 36
  • New
    KhalilSullivan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-03

I'm hoping for some advice on a purchasing an A/B switch pedal to run through the TC Helicon VoiceLive 3, which would allow me to switch between an electric guitar or a keyboard. Has anyone ever used a switch pedal on this device? If so, which brand? Thanks!

read more...
    0 35
  • New
    TerryLalley
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-20

I have recently bought a TC Helicon D1 and this went the same as the previous harmonizer.  Worked twice than died.

Are all TC Helicon products this bad?

0 35
    • TerryLalley
      kiskadar69 No, I currently have six TC-Helicon devices and they all work.
      • Aug 20
    • TerryLalley
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi TerryLalley, im sorry to hear this. Would it be possible to provide more information on the fault? For example how it was being powered at the time of failure, if this was an original or third-party power supply, what other equipment was being used at the time, and anything else you deem relevant.
      If you are using a third-party power supply would it also be possible to provide a picture of its specifications?
      • Aug 20
  • cyberg2001
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-12
    My son and I just purchased a VoiceLive Play, and we are confused about how the presets are supposed to work. After watching all the tutorials it seems to us that the preset should be active and processed when selected without pressing the Hit button. For example, if we selected Bari White as our preset we expected our voice to be altered by default, but it is not. The Bari White preset is only output if we press the Hit button. It is our understanding that the Hit button was used to apply secondary effects to the active preset. We have poured though all the settings, but there appears to be no global setting for changing the preset behavior. Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    read more...
    0 35
    • cyberg2001
      kiskadar69 1.Select the Barry White preset
      2.Press the EFFECTS button.
      3. Go through all the effect blocks (uMod, Delay, Reverb, Harmony, Double, Hardtune, Transducer) and where the CONTROL parameter is HIT, set the CONTROL parameter to ON.
      4.Press the STORE button and save the new Barry White preset.
      • July 15, 2020
      • VoiceLive Play presets only work with Hit button on
        cyberg2001 Thank you so much for the response.
        • July 15, 2020
  • New
    cwest
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-20

Hi. Can anyone help me with balancing outputs across different presets

0 34
    • cwest
      NicJonesMT Hi CWEST.
      If you are using a Guitar go to the Setup > guitar tab and set the output mode to UNITY GAIN. This will then give a constant output level for the guitar.
      There is not a global setting for the vocal however, so you would need to check and adjust the level of each patch. I would recommend connecting to a Mixer or an Audio interface so that you can monitor the input signal, this way you can then try to balance the level more accurately.
      • Feb 21
    • cwest
      cwest Cheers. Thanks NicJonesMT
      • Feb 21
  • New
    JustinFerren
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-20

I had water damage at a gig. I have blank screen and no startup but there is poer. I can;t remember wher I bought new and there is no serial number on mine any longer. I know I have to pay for repair but how can I initiate repair without serial number?

read more...
    0 34
    • JustinFerren
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi JustinFerren, please submit a service request ticket as you would usually do, however, within the serial number field you can put N/A or Not Available and this should still allow you to submit your ticket. Please just make a note within the description of the issues surrounding the serial number.
      • Aug 20
  • New
    ignacioz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-14

Hi.

I have a vocal track recorded in Ableton Live which I would like to process with the Voicelive Play GTX's hard tune effect, using a guitar track as reference for the harmonies. Please, could you help me with the proper set up and signal routing? 

Thanks

read more...
    0 33
    • ignacioz
      NicJonesMT Hi There.
      You would need an audio interface with multiple outputs, and then route the Vocal track to the Mic input and then the Guitar track to the instrument input.
      You would then need to connect the outputs of the VL Play GTX back to the inputs of your interface and re-record.

Next Press Setup and adjust the guitar input level. Whilst in the Setup Menu, go to the System page and ensure that the Global Key is set to off. Finally on the Harmony effect page, ensure that the key is set to Auto.

You should now be able to use your guitar to control the harmony.
      • Jul 14
  • New
    fleahead
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-08-18

I have been using my Voicelive Rack now for 8 years with no issues and excellent performance. However, I've always been puzzled about the function of the Lead Level parameter. I presumed that by adjusting the Lead Level in the Harmony effect, I would be able to adjust my dry vocal signal to balance with the other harmony voices, or even eliminate it completely. However, it does not work like that for me. I also have a Voicelive 3 with the same parameter and same results.

Just to experiment, I setup a simple preset with two harmony voices only, and no other effects enabled. Only Harmony, Tone, and Pitch. No matter how I adjust the Lead Level of the Harmony effect, it never varies relative to the harmony voices.

I'm just looking for someone that knows what the parameter should do and how it should be used.

read more...
    0 33
    • fleahead
      PedroRodrigues Hi fleahead Try turning the “Lead Level” parameter to OFF when using one of the “Wide” styles. This will effective would suggest trying to remove your voice from the middle of the stereo field and helps recreate the wide-panned vocal style that can be heard on many recent recordings.
      I would also suggest adding some “1 Voice Tight” Double effect when using the Harmony effect can add some presence to your lead voice, preventing it from being overpowered by the Harmony.
      Also adding some “4 Voices Wide” Double effect when using the Harmony effect can significantly enhance the “group” sound of the Harmony voices, especially when using two or more Harmony voices.
      I hope this helps.
      • Aug 19
Go to page