Statistics

254,887 members
132,630 posts
  • New
    AdityaVeera
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-13

Hi all, 

I am unable to use any of my effects when I connect the voice live play to my laptop using the USB port and connecting the mic on to the voice live play's mic in. I plugged in my headphones on to the headphone port and it started echoing like crazy. Kindly assist me as to the same 

read more...
    0 31
    • AdityaVeera
      Dale_M Hi there can we ask that you raise a Technical ticket form the above support tab so we can assist you please?
      • Jul 13
  • New
    crystalsuzy1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-18

I'm trying to use my TCHelicon Voicelive2 as an interface to record into garageband. When I use the USB connection, I just get my voice with non of the effects or harmonies. How do I get this to work? Do I have to go thru my other interface, and if so, how do I connect it to the tchelicon so that it works with all the effects and harmonies?

read more...
    0 31
    • crystalsuzy1
      PedroRodrigues Hi crystalsuzy1 please consider that there are a few common methods of using VoiceLive 2 with a USB-connected computer and an audio application (DAW):
      Capturing a full mix of your performance
      Processing vocals from your DAW 3. Recording dry vocal and guitar tracks We assume you are familiar with configuring your audio application for input and output and that you understand connection of VoiceLive 2’s inputs and outputs.
      Method 1 - Capturing a full mix of your performance: Set VoiceLive 2’s I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB:STEREO
      DIGITAL OUT:FULL MIX

Connect your mic and headphones to VoiceLive2 and pick a preset you like. VoiceLive 2 will send the fully processed sound to your DAW and you’ll be able to monitor through your headphones or the analogue audio outputs of VoiceLive 2.
      In order to set VoiceLive 2’s sample rate, play a little bit of audio from your DAW before recording your vocal track.
      Method #2 - Processing vocals from your DAW:
      To use VoiceLive 2 as an effects insert, set the I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB: VOX L / INST R 2.
      DIGITAL OUT:FULL MIX
      Configure an aux send in your DAW to send the vocal track to VoiceLive 2’s left input and the instrument track to the right. You can monitor through VoiceLive’s headphone or main outputs. When playing back using VoiceLive 2 as the output audio device, don’t forget to set the
      DIGITAL IN back to USB:STEREO

Method #3 - Recording dry vocal and guitar tracks:
      You’ll need a fully dry mono vocal track and optionally, a dry instrument track (guitar or keyboard) or midi performance if you plan to use harmony. Set the I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB:FULL MIX
      DIGITAL OUT:VOCAL & GUITAR
      Connect your mic and a guitar to VoiceLive 2 and your headphones to the headphone out. Even though you’ll hear fully processed vocals and guitar (with Guitar FX) in the headphones, the output feeding your DAW will be separate dry vocal and guitar that you can process later with Method #2. Digital Input Notes:
      Sample rate is synchronized automatically to the incoming digital audio stream.
      There is no independent configuration of sample rate in VoiceLive 2.
      When processing an analogue input such as the MIC and sending to VoiceLive 2’s digital out, sending a short bit of audio from your recording application to either Digital in will set the sample rate.
      When DIGITAL IN is set to USB:
      - Or SPDIF:VOX L / INST R, the MIC and GUITAR IN are disabled.
      When DIGITALIN is set to USB (or SPDIF): STEREO, harmonies will follow the stereo audio coming from the selected digital input on presets where NATURALPLAY is set to AUX INPUT.
      Digital Output Notes:
      USB audio output will not function when either of the SPDIF: options is chosen for the DIGITALIN parameter.
      SPDIF digital output is always available regardless of DIGITAL IN or OUT settings.
      USB Audio And ASIO Applications
      PC-based ASIO apps such as Cubase may require you to install a WDM to ASIO “wrapper” such as ASIO4ALL which is available at www.asio4all.com in order for VoiceLive 2 to be recognized as an audio device.
      To select the audio device In the Mac and Windows operating systems, you can select VoiceLive 2’s audio device in your workstation program by name.
      In some Windows XP DAW apps, however, the name of the audio device may be “USB Audio Device”.
      To use VoiceLive 2’s MIDI IN jack for harmony, preset change or realtime control while USB is connected, enter the I/O tab in the SETUP menu and set USB CONTROL to OFF.
      USB audio will function normally but MIDI will only be accepted by VoiceLive 2’s through its MIDI IN port.
      To re-enable VoiceSupport’s features and reception of MIDI from your DAW, turn USB CONTROL to ON
      • Aug 18
  • New
    Garry326
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-27

Curious when Harmony Singer 2 will be in stock and readily available.

0 28
    • Garry326
      WilliamR Hello Garry, William from musictribe here. We are unable to provide any information on pricing and availability of products. You will need to instead directly contact one of our resellers/partners and they will be able to advise you further. Please contact sweetwater.com directly for availability.
      • Aug 27
  • New
    mchlnrvs
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-10

I have been searching for the perfrom for a while and found it on Thoman in the uk. All the behringer products I own came with the plastic adapter pieces for the different power plugs, so I didnt think it would be an issue. Before i use a third party adapter I was just curious if there is somewhere to get the plastic piece for north america.

read more...
    0 26
    • mchlnrvs
      Nigel67 Hi mchlnrvs. Please contact our spares team and they will be able to send you availability and pricing for the adapter. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Aug 9
  • New
    Diamonds
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-16

Hello, Newbie to this product and site. Before all of you experienced professionals roll your eyes at lack of knowledge. ? Could someone please point me in the right direction? I watch the 3 part youtube video but they mostly go over what the product does not really how to find specific effects or how to select them. I'm looking to...

1) set up the unit in a quick simple way, just myself as the singer with a bit of pitch control (not alot of it) and set my personal effects like reverb for example. Also set up the chorus with maybe 2 or 3 backup vocals. Then store this setting for everytime I turn it on.

2) receive any tips or suggestions to download the firmware for specific songs and or singers. Should I do this on my laptop or is it possible to download a "Music tribe app"  that will hold this specific information?

On the unit itself I'm a bit confused as far as the what button I use to select. Like I said.. I'm really sorry for my lack of knowledge with this. If anyone could help I would be so greatful. ?

read more...
    0 24
    • Diamonds
      PetGerbil Hello.! Don't worry, no-one likes the rolling eye professionals anyway. :)

Firstly I haven't got a Voicelive play, I've got a different model. So I won't be much help, but. The Manual can be downloaded from..
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/downloads.html

It's a bit of a faff to find it, but if you scroll down the "Products" section, it's there. There's also a quick-start manual there as well.

There is also software called "Voice Support 2" Which you should be able to find by scrolling further down the "Products" section. This can be used to back up presets. (I think on a VL play) and update firmware.

Anymore than that will require someone with more knowledge than I. :)

But what I would do is go through the presets (with the control knob...I think.) and find one that is close to what you want, Then tweak that and store it. That way you don't have to start from scratch.
      • Jan 17
  • New
    MarkieD5
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-06

I love the TC Helicon VoiceTone Correct pedal! My concern is that it is no longer being made. Is there a current TC Helicon pedal that would do everything this pedal does, in case I should lose or break it?  I also have the TC Helicon VoiceLive Acoustic and the TC Helicon Harmony Singer. Thank you for any suggestions!

read more...
    0 23
  • New
    bethkarp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-19

Hi everyone,

I am struggling with inconsistency with the voicelive 3 - essentailly each time i turn it off and then when i go back and do another session with it , the harmonies and patches that souned great before no longer sound the same, often the harmonies are all over the shop and I don't understand how I will ever get t o a stage where I can use it live if it is like this all the time. I am actually beginning to very much regret my purchase of it!

Has anyone experienced similar or know how to solve the issue. - it is not with my own vocal input.

read more...
    0 23
    • bethkarp
      PedroRodrigues Hi, bethkarp I would suggest checking how you have set up the Mix Mode, since on VoiceLive 3, you can define a different method of harmony note output for each voice.
      This allows you to, set one voice to follow your guitar, NaturalPlay, on the second voice to follow a key/scale, a third voice to only sing a single “Fixed” note and a fourth voice to only sing the “root” note of any chords you are playing on your guitar Pedal.
      You can mix and match any of the available modes for the four harmony voices. You could have three NaturalPlay voices and a fixed voice, or two scale-based voices, one fixed and one NaturalPlay voice.
      Please take in to account that when you are using mixed mode harmony, you will need to define the correct key/scale or note and play your instrument in order for the combination of voices to sound good together, if not a Fixed voice could be singing a completely unsuitable note for your song. Harmony can suffer from a succession of notes constantly changing when sound other than your voice is picked up via your microphone.
      • Aug 20
  • New
    Andrew489216
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-27

Any chance there's ever going to be a VoiceLive 4?

If you guys need some ideas for upgrades here's a start:

1. Layered harmonies - think of the Beatles in "Twist and Shout" - third and fifth with separate activation buttons. 

2. Seperate harmony output - so you can record harmonies separately from the main vocal track or output separately to your PA

3. Bluetooth connection - to computer for programming

4. WiFi connectivity - for cloud or local server backup

5. Sync - the ability to sync multipe VoiceLives easily - one VL that stays in the studio, while another goes out on the road. 

Perhaps some of these exist already, and I'm unawaure. But it would sure be nice to see an updated VoiceLive.  

read more...
    0 21
    • Andrew489216
      kiskadar69 "2. Separate harmony output"
      It is currently possible to have the main vocal on the right XLR output (albeit without effects, only the SETUP / Input / Global Pitch Correct and SETUP / Tone affect it) and the background vocals on the left XLR output (also without effects, only the SETUP / Input / Global Pitch Correct and SETUP / Tone affect it). If it's a VoiceLive 3 and you have a guitar plugged into the VoiceLive 3, you'll also need to use the Guitar Thru or Guitar L / R output.
      2.1. Set SETUP / Input / Lead Mute to On and
      2.2. Set SETUP / Output / XLR Output Mode to Mono and
      2.3. Set a preset so that only the Harmony block of the vocal effects is turned on.
      • Sep 28
      • VoiceLive 4?
        AshleyKitson And the rest?
        • Oct 1
      • VoiceLive 4?
        AshleyKitson 1 - Andrew489216 is obviously an experienced player - can I get lessons?
        3 - yes - BT in/out would be a brilliant enhancement - I hate wires! And for simple connection to PC for backup sync etc, yes - a very good idea
        4 - ditto to 3
        5 - not so sure about that one - I can only afford one unit!!! Andrew489216 may have a point.
        • Oct 1
      • VoiceLive 4?
        kiskadar69 "And the rest?": I gave a solution to one of the problems. The other problems belong to TC-Helicon (I am neither a TC-Helicon nor a Music Tribe employee).
        • Oct 2
  • New
    ShaneWebb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

Thanks for your time, my Voicelive Touch 2 has the following issues.

I have removed the protective film, updated and tried different power sources as well as having nothing else attached to the unit

1. wont factory reset, pressing the two buttons during power up yields nothing.

2. the hit button intermitantly freezes the system and needs to be restarted (see linked vid)

3. the looper intermitantly starts up and behaves effactly also freezing the system (see linked vid)

link to video

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BFHditjofaB6kFFJ9

Shane

read more...
    1 20
    • ShaneWebb
      PedroRodrigues Hi ShaneWebb In this case an as a first approach I would suggest performing a factory reset.
      To restoring the factory settings of TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch 2, you must power up the unit. Then hold the LEFT BOTTOM and LEFT TOP Matrix buttons while the display shows text until the display shows the initialization message. The Factory Reset procedure is complete.
      Please see a video by following the link below:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiIcwTFHJhM I hope this helps
      • Sep 26
    • ShaneWebb
      ShaneWebb Thanks Pedro though I did this reset and another firmware update and the looper and hit button are still buggy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu5yVeWAvAo
      • Sep 26
    • ShaneWebb
      FILIPASOUSAMUSIC Hi! I hope you don't mind I use this post, but I guess I'm having similar problems. A few months ago I noticed my voiceLive Touch 2 was not working properly. I tried the updates, restored the factory settings... the only thing that works is the sound, I can't get any effects or harmonies... The warranty is already finished, so, if anyone can help me and recommend a place where can I try to fix it in Portugal (or Europe)... Thanks in advance!
      • Oct 13
      • Voicelive touch 2 issues
        PedroRodrigues Ola Filipa, o meu nome e Pedro Rodrigues e eu trabalho para a MT o que eu sugeria seria seguires o link em baixo e seguires o guia presente da pasta zip para executares um REBOOT e fazeres um update a tua unidade. Espero que ajude. https://wsi.li/dl/WtCvtoXexsmBqW5Ac/ Obrigado
        • Oct 13
  • New
    thisisjust9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-03

I managed to update firmware to my TC Helicon Play Acoustic, after few days of "blank blue screen". Everyting is working again. BUT... I can only use it for 4-6 minutes, and it just abruptly STOP/FROZEN: not receiving sound signals, no sound output, and every knobs and buttons just didn't work. I have to turn off the unit, and turn it on again. Yet, after 1 or 2 songs, the unit just STOP/FROZEN again. 
    Can anyone help me with this? Why is this happening and what's the fix?
    Thank you very much!

read more...
    0 19
Go to page